Searching For A Job - Rant/Rave/Discuss Here

• Please log in to reply
531 replies to this topic

#301 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

I'm hoping to go into Probation or just become a regular cop. I would disagree and say that the jobs pay reasonably well and they come with a lot of good benefits. I'm interested in making a difference in my community so I guess it's not always about the money :lol: As long as I can live comfortably then the job is good imo (especially with this economy)

Like I said, unless you're going to be a cop. I think border patrol gets paid a decent amount as well.

#302 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

Just got out of my second interview! I think she really liked me!!! Here's to hoping!! :D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#303 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Just got out of my second interview! I think she really liked me!!! Here's to hoping!! :D

::fingers crossed::
Posted Image

#304 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Just checked my "jobs" folder in my yahoo mail account. Any time I applied to a position, got rejected, was contacted by a recruiter, etc and was sent an email about it I put it in that folder. I've had the folder since the beginning of January and it just hit 400 emails.
Posted Image

#305 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Interview went well. He said he likes what he sees and I come highly recommended from my friend there and the people who interviewed me a week and a half ago. There is one other guy interviewing tomorrow for the position. I will know the result either Monday or Tuesday.

#306 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

I hear back about the job either today or tomorrow. Gonna be a looong Monday.

#307 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

My buddy just texted me. He spoke with his boss and he was told that I'm going to be given a job offer!! I'm so excited right now!! I'll update when I actually get it!

#308 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I've got an interview with another recruiting agency tomorrow. He claimed to have a couple of positions I might be a fit for. Of course he wants to go through the whole meet with us, here is my card, blah blah routine "just in case" those positions don't work out. Will probably end up like the rest of these interviews, I'll never hear back from them.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#309 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

I've got an interview with another recruiting agency tomorrow. He claimed to have a couple of positions I might be a fit for. Of course he wants to go through the whole meet with us, here is my card, blah blah routine "just in case" those positions don't work out. Will probably end up like the rest of these interviews, I'll never hear back from them.

I was laid off and out of work last August for 2 months and had a few of those interviews. Never really heard anything back from them. I've had more luck with recruiters that contact you out of the blue because they saw your résumé somewhere.

#310 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Just got the official offer. Signed and returned. Tentative start date of the 22nd of this month.

#311 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Congrats, Malik!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#312 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Congrats, Malik!

Thanks! Super pumped and thankful to my friend who recommended me!

#313 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Congrats dude.. In less than a month of being jobless.

Back to super depressing. Saw a job that I had 2 interviews for last month get re-posted on my professional affiliation website. I got the old "we care pursuing candidates that more closely match our requirements" back then....guess this is what they were talking about.

#314 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Thanks! Super pumped and thankful to my friend who recommended me!

Always about who you know. That's why it pays to be nice to people.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#315 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Just got the official offer. Signed and returned. Tentative start date of the 22nd of this month.

:applause:
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#316 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

Congrats dude.. In less than a month of being jobless.

Back to super depressing. Saw a job that I had 2 interviews for last month get re-posted on my professional affiliation website. I got the old "we care pursuing candidates that more closely match our requirements" back then....guess this is what they were talking about.

I dont think I ever had this happen.

Anytime I didnt get picked for a job it never reappeared.

Although is the position a high turnover position or multiple people in the same position?

For a way to update your Android you may not know about check out this site: http://about.me/forceandroid

#317 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

I dont think I ever had this happen.

Anytime I didnt get picked for a job it never reappeared.

Although is the position a high turnover position or multiple people in the same position?

no, it's a pretty specific...it was a product rep in my industry. They told me they were interviewing for one position. I think they like people with sales experience over people who've worked in the industry (construction)

The reality is that I probably would've turned them down (too much travel) but it would've been nice to have the offer. Oh well, it's all the same ending

Edited by usickenme, 01 April 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#318 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

Congrats!! :)

I was supposed to hear if I got my internship today...got nothing :/
Hopefully the other one I interviewed for works out...:pray:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#319 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

Ugh. I just got an offer yanked because I tried to negotiate. I wasn't completely happy with it, but it was reassuring to have an option.

#320 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

Ugh. I just got an offer yanked because I tried to negotiate. I wasn't completely happy with it, but it was reassuring to have an option.

So they said we'll give you $x amount, and you said how about $x amount?, and they said see ya later? Curious, so I can avoid something similar.

#321 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

So they said we'll give you $x amount, and you said how about $x amount?, and they said see ya later? Curious, so I can avoid something similar.

I think they or the interviewer have an ego...

Of course someone always wants more, if a job has $12, you request $14 they say no its a firm $12, they wont just be like BYE!

I think it is better you are not there. Look at this as a positive.

Cannot imagine what would happen if you actually worked there and requested a raise or perks.

For a way to update your Android you may not know about check out this site: http://about.me/forceandroid

#322 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

I was laid off and out of work last August for 2 months and had a few of those interviews. Never really heard anything back from them. I've had more luck with recruiters that contact you out of the blue because they saw your résumé somewhere.

Yeah I never get those calls.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#323 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Really? Complete opposite experience for me. I think my boss respects me more because I negotiated. He made me a fair offer and I gave valid reasons on why I deserved more. In the end, a successful negotiation is when both parties feel like they won, which in our case holds true.

#324 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

That sucks. Unless you came back with a ridiculous amount they shouldn't have said no all together. I was worried about this. On the official application in desired compensation I went about $5K more than I wanted hoping they would lower it for the initial offer and it would be what I wanted. I was worried it would backfire but I got lucky and got the exact figure I was looking for.

Keep your head up. Probably didn't want to work for them anyways.

#325 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Don't even bother, those meetings are useless. Only time recruiters are any good are if they are recruiting for specific positions and they contact you directly.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#326 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Well I applied for a specific position they had listed on their site, and that was the job he mentioned having available, gave me the company name and job description. I'm going to give it one more try. He did mention that with this company, he had placed people there from a previous employer of mine, so seeing that previous job on my resume was good as the company has had good experience with people that came from there. Hope that last sentence makes sense....lol.

#327 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

That sucks. Unless you came back with a ridiculous amount they shouldn't have said no all together. I was worried about this. On the official application in desired compensation I went about $5K more than I wanted hoping they would lower it for the initial offer and it would be what I wanted. I was worried it would backfire but I got lucky and got the exact figure I was looking for.

Keep your head up. Probably didn't want to work for them anyways.

Things are looking up a bit. I may have another offer coming in tomorrow, and the place that pulled those offer has walked that back and are looking at meeting one of my requests. We'll see.

#328 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Congrats, malik. Good luck, lefthand and everyone else still hunting...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#329 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

congrats Malik!

If you dont mind me asking, what field? You probably said it already but I seem to have missed it.

2 people out in my department in the last week, one transferring to another position and one who just got canned. We have a department meeting tomorrow with potentially another 2 people on their way out...so a bit of a crazy time.

I applied to 2 positions at another big company in the area last week, curious if anything will come out of it.

#330 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

After the mixup in the negotiations, it looks like the company is coming back about 8% higher.

The other place is a startup, which I don't really like, and cheap, which I really don't like.