PSN March Savings - $10 Back for every $50 spent (now - March 31st)

jedolley

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just saw this on PSN...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/26/psn-march-savings-get-10-for-every-50-spent/

What a start we’ve had to 2013! We here at PlayStation Network have no intention of slowing down anytime soon, and we have a great new promotion and a number of great digital titles coming your way starting next month.
Starting February 26 and throughout the month of March, we’ll be offering you the chance to get $10 back for EVERY $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! This means that if you spent $100 you’d receive $20 back at the end in April. Everything from games, movies and TV shows — anything that accepts SEN Wallet funds — is fair game. If you were thinking of subscribing to PlayStation Plus, now’s a great time to do it. Grab the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back.
We also have a number of brand new Day 1 Digital titles coming your way in March, and even better, they’re all available for pre-order starting tomorrow, February 26! Pre-ordering the titles gets you a free theme, and a number of the titles come with additional pre-order bonuses for PSN buyers.
Grabbing these titles is a great way to take advantage of this promotion, as every $50 you spend counts toward getting $10 increments back in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have no intention of slowing down any time soon... at least not until Holiday 2013, at least, when all your PSN purchases won't work on the PS4.

Guessing the Playstation plus 3 free months would stack with this? Pretty good deal if so. 3 free months and then $10 free on top of that (minus 1 penny).

This would be a good time to get the 1 year PS+, because I believe you still qualify for the 3 free months.

[quote name='crunchewy']They have no intention of slowing down any time soon... at least not until Holiday 2013, at least, when all your PSN purchases won't work on the PS4.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's why most of my PSN purchases will be Vita/PSP related. This deal will go well with the Anniversary sale. There's a few games i've been meaning to purchase (i.e. Oddworld) and a few upcoming.

The 3 months free offer originally stated that it would be available through March 4 so it would seem that there is a brief overlap of time in which they would stack...

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Yes, you'll still qualify until the 4th. Just make sure to spend that one extra penny.[/QUOTE]
Yeah good point. Most people will think about just getting PS+ 1 year without thinking that they only spent $49.99 and not $50. :lol:

My procrastination finally pays off! I'll get the PSN+ year this week and almost certainly will buy a game from the voting awards later in the month, like Journey, Tokyo Jungle, Persona 3, etc. depending on which titles win.

[quote name='htz']Yeah good point. Most people will think about just getting PS+ 1 year without thinking that they only spent $49.99 and not $50. :lol:[/QUOTE]

i seriously doubt 'most' people are going to do that. some? maybe, sure. but just because two numbers are close doesn't mean people suddenly can't count.

re: ps4. who cares? i buy games to play on the ps3 (or vita). was i upset my 5.25 floppies or 3.5s are now unplayable on pc? we buy things for the machines we have, and sometimes they still work next gen, sometimes they don't. at least they're actively working on solutions. but just because something might not work next gen doesn't change the fact that i might want to play it now.

jedolley, you might want to change the title to (now-March 31). I didn't click on the thread earlier, bc I thought this deal was only good for the next 2 days.

EXCELLENT. Just added $70 to PSN wallet, but I'll have to up that to at least $100 for March. Sony is winning the console download wars imho.

[quote name='dino88']jedolley, you might want to change the title to (now-March 31). I didn't click on the thread earlier, bc I thought this deal was only good for the next 2 days.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='Dranakin']Guess it's time to renew PS+ and get something else.[/QUOTE]

Stacking this promo with PS Plus 12+3 sounds great but my PS Plus expires on Sep 2014 and right now I'm very doubtful because I'm really not sure if extending my subscription is a good idea due to the possibillity that this service is not gonna work with the PS4... any suggestions guys?

[quote name='FerDK']Stacking this promo with PS Plus 12+3 sounds great but my PS Plus expires on Sep 2014 and right now I'm very doubtful because I'm really not sure if extending my subscription is a good idea due to the possibillity that this service is not gonna work with the PS4... any suggestions guys?[/QUOTE]

Buy a PS4 in Dec 2015 once your PS+ expires and when the PS4 has been given a price drop, saving you even more cash.

I like this quote on the blog - "the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back." with no mention of the penny difference.

Wont the Gamer's Choice Award sale also be happening during the month of March? If so, I will possibly be buying some things I might not have otherwise with this stacking on to it.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Here's the caveat: people here have shopping deal addictions. They buy games that are on current deal even though they don't intend to play them for an extended period of time. The backlog if you will. Here the thinking is usually flawed because if you can't play it now there's no reason to buy it now cause there's no way to know you're truly getting the best deal, a better one may come along when you have the time to actually play the game.

So is it worth getting more PSN games if you might get a ps4 and have a backlog? No! Stop buying crap until you reach a goal of a certain number of games removed from your backlog. Stop it![/QUOTE]

This is a smart man! Find the games you love, and cherish them. Endless amounts of crap will never make you happy. ;)

So...the plan I guess is:
1. Charge your wallet
2. Buy a year of PS+ now get 3 months free instantly
3a. Wait for the GC awards mid march and buy something cheap for filler
-or-
3b. Somebody recommend a good filler now?

[quote name='n64ra']
I like this quote on the blog - "the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back." with no mention of the penny difference.[/QUOTE]

it's been confirmed that a 49.99 PS+ purchase WILL qualify for the $10 back.

I think I'll purchase a cheap filler to be on the safe side. Although I'll probably end up getting a PSN game anyway.

[quote name='affa']it's been confirmed that a 49.99 PS+ purchase WILL qualify for the $10 back.[/QUOTE]
Oh thanks. Though like someone said, might buy a cheap filler to be on the safe side.

Good thing I waited on buying that 1 year + 3 months deal.. This is great considering I still have the $10 sony gave me for being a "loyal" member. Also the vita game sale today might just be a good way to end a 4 day vacation from work. Just 6 more hours till the sale goes live on the psn...

[quote name='TooPoor']Oh thanks. Though like someone said, might buy a cheap filler to be on the safe side.[/QUOTE]
Buy a $0.49 avatar? :cool:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wow this sucks. I spent $33 on One Piece and the dlc 3 days ago. I doubt Ill spend $50 with AAA games coming out in the following weeks to come.[/QUOTE]

As someone who bought One Piece and DLC yesterday,

fuck Sony

Anybody know Where I can download XRumer 7.7.42 Elite???
Only this version, or higher!

P.S. It is the best program for mass posting advertising on forums ;)
This program can bypass more than 200 types of antibot images (included ReCaptcha), it is unreal!

[quote name='affa']it's been confirmed that a 49.99 PS+ purchase WILL qualify for the $10 back.[/QUOTE]

Woohoo, still have one of those cards from target...;)

so do i have to spend $50 at once or can i buy things separately adding up to $50 to qualify for the promo? does anyone know

[quote name='htz']Buy a $0.49 avatar? :cool:[/QUOTE]
You are a genius. I completely forgot about avatars since I never buy them, not even interested when they are free. Now I will get me a shiny paid avatar.

[quote name='B:L']As someone who bought One Piece and DLC yesterday,

fuck Sony[/QUOTE]

Why would you buy anything the day before the store updates?

So that extra .01 doesn't matter? Im also wondering if its just total spent or if its all at once

When did this kick in? I actually bought a 1 year subscription YESTERDAY. Last night in fact because i wanted to get ninja gaiden plus for the vita before it went away. Will i still get the $10 back or am i screwed? That kinda sucks if it only started today

[quote name='B:L']As someone who bought One Piece and DLC yesterday,

fuck Sony[/QUOTE]

If they gave us a week's warning, people who bought it a week plus a day ago would complain.

If they gave us two weeks warning, people who bought it the day before that would complain.

If they retro-refunded/awarded everyone who bought it less than a week ago, people that missed that cutoff would complain.

And on and on and on and on. Things go on sale. Things drop in price. New bundles and promotions come out. You'll miss some, and take advantage of others.

[quote name='Kenshindono']So that extra .01 doesn't matter? Im also wondering if its just total spent or if its all at once

When did this kick in? I actually bought a 1 year subscription YESTERDAY. Last night in fact because i wanted to get ninja gaiden plus for the vita before it went away. Will i still get the $10 back or am i screwed? That kinda sucks if it only started today[/QUOTE]

Yes, the ps store will treat a ps+ purchase as $50. it has not been confirmed that if you bought something else that is 49.99 it will count though -- only ps+ has been confirmed.

The cutoff is supposed to be 12:00 the morning of the 26th (some timezone, not sure which). so you probably won't get it. But you got Ninja Gaiden, so...

[quote name='affa']If they gave us a week's warning, people who bought it a week plus a day ago would complain.

If they gave us two weeks warning, people who bought it the day before that would complain.

If they retro-refunded/awarded everyone who bought it less than a week ago, people that missed that cutoff would complain.

And on and on and on and on. Things go on sale. Things drop in price. New bundles and promotions come out. You'll miss some, and take advantage of others.[/QUOTE]

Nope. The longer the warning, the less problems there will be.

This one had no warning whatsoever. Just a slap in the face of anyone who bought anything recently.

I brought One Piece and it went like 20$ off barely 3 weeks after release. You atleast lost out on less

Hell the bigger slap was Sony refunding people who brought a dlc pass that went on sale the same week, but not us.

Long story short, Sony will screw you.

[quote name='B:L']Nope. The longer the warning, the less problems there will be.

This one had no warning whatsoever. Just a slap in the face of anyone who bought anything recently.[/QUOTE]

Why would they give a warning? So no one would buy anything from the warning to the time the offer starts? Yeah, that's smart business sense.

Don't get mad at Sony because your dumb ass thought it was a good idea to drop $50 the day before the store updates.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Long story short, Sony will screw you.[/QUOTE]

Hence the well-deserved,

fuck Sony

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why would they give a warning? So no one would buy anything from the warning to the time the offer starts? Yeah, that's smart business sense.[/QUOTE]
For someone named gettinmoney, you sure are a dumb ass at business sense.

With a warning, you'll only get delayed sales. Some folks would wait for the sale then make their purchases, and after they get rewarded they continue to make purchases.

With no warning, you piss off those who spent money. Those future purchases in the warning scenario won't materialize, and you lose a lot of shoppers and incite a lot of disgruntled comments towards your company.

[quote name='HenDoggy']so do i have to spend $50 at once or can i buy things separately adding up to $50 to qualify for the promo? does anyone know[/QUOTE]

You only have to spend at least $50 total during the effective dates of the promotion.

bread's done
Back