Skylanders Giants Ninjini Released 2/27 TRU

GavinShai

CAGiversary!
Normally this wouldn't be much of a deal because its just an MSRP release, but prior to today the figure only had a limited release at the NY Toy Fair and is still currently selling for $250-450 on ebay.

10zws4w.jpg

It'll be down to cost in a month just like all the other ones. That said, I am considering going to Toys R Us after I take my kid to school. Just wonder if a truck got delayed or something since I'm in Chicago area.

My 2 sons were playing this together during the day and my wife and I at night and we both finished it on Sunday. Had this come out last Wed. I might have rushed to the store to purchase it. And had I found Eye Brawl and Thumpack I would have purchased them. So we save some money and we won't be buying Swap.

Good luck to everybody who has been waiting for this though.

Going to head to TRU to see if I can pick one up. Not in any rush and like rj said if this came out sooner I would be scrambling to find it.

[quote name='Kerig']This guy never says how much he paid for his ripoff Ninjini, but I'm sure it well into the hundnerds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5leKR0SKv8

How come his portal glows all around? Mine only glows on the top and bottom (mine is from Giants 360)[/QUOTE]
Lol and it doesn't work. Lesson learned here: don't buy shit from Chinese sellers.

[quote name='buster2k']Eye Brawl and Thumper is available on Amazon for retail price...[/QUOTE]

The cases at TRU had 2 Ninjini, 2 Thumpback, 1 Eye Brawl, 1 Crusher. So by now you probably missed Ninjini if your store is already open, but you probably can find Eye Brawl and Thumpback. Skylanders are also Buy 1 get 1 40% off this week - so it is even a good deal to boot.

Got one. Small group of people were there for a Ninjini as well. Don't know the reasoning, but the staff hid a lot of them behind other Giants. Luckily one employee went and got a case of them from the back, so everyone got one. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Oh, and what defpally said is true. If you aren't there when they open, you probably will not get one.

Sold out 5 minutes before the store 'opened' at 10 ... probably for the best since I'm trying to drop Skylander purchases and it's too tempting to become a reseller when they are as scarce as they are.

Except they are NOT scarce. This is all fabricated early release "only us, only at the store" BULLSHIT by both Activision and Toys R Us to get you suckers to show up at the store and to create artificial demand. In a few weeks every Best Buy will have this figure, plus Amazon and others. Same thing happened with Eyebrawl and Thumpback. The game is great and I'm a collector, but don't fall for this crap.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Except they are NOT scarce. This is all fabricated early release "only us, only at the store" BULLSHIT by both Activision and Toys R Us to get you suckers to show up at the store and to create artificial demand. In a few weeks every Best Buy will have this figure, plus Amazon and others. Same thing happened with Eyebrawl and Thumpback. Don't fall for this crap.[/QUOTE]
Truth! I've been noticing eye brawls and thumpbacks everywhere. This morning I noticed 10 of each at Walmart and about 5 of each at target.

I learned my lesson after only getting thumpback and no eye brawl at the last TRU first day release when they only got 6 of each. Waited a few days and picked them up for cheaper from Gamestop and eventually returned thumpback to TRU.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']It'll be down to cost in a month just like all the other ones. That said, I am considering going to Toys R Us after I take my kid to school. Just wonder if a truck got delayed or something since I'm in Chicago area.[/QUOTE]

Just like Thumpback is down to cost already, right? :lol:

[quote name='Flowstance']Just like Thumpback is down to cost already, right? :lol:[/QUOTE]

If you can't find Thumpback for retail, you simply aren't trying at this point. I haven't seen a Skylander display that didn't have at least one in the past two or three weeks. Best buy, Gamestop, Walmart, TRU, etc. And now stores will be getting in Ninjini cases which each have two Thumpbacks I don't see it being scarce in the future.

Ninjini has been going in and out of stock on Amazon for the past 20 minutes or so (maybe longer but I have no clue). I was just able to grab one.

wh...what? Who would pay 200 bucks for this? Do people need it early that bad? People are dumb but i call bs to those ebay prices being real

[quote name='Ryukahn']Ninjini has been going in and out of stock on Amazon for the past 20 minutes or so (maybe longer but I have no clue). I was just able to grab one.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I refreshed for about 10 minutes and it popped up for me. Its backordered until march 1st, thats fines with me though. I dont think I'll tell the boy I got it. I think I'll put it on his nightstand after I get it and let him wake up to her sitiing there. Thanks again!!:bouncy:

I just got one from amazon as well. Didn't even know they had them instock today until i read the post here.Mine also said back ordered but that's fine by me.

[quote name='Kenshindono']wh...what? Who would pay 200 bucks for this? Do people need it early that bad? People are dumb but i call bs to those ebay prices being real[/QUOTE]

A month ago they were real. Back when only 300 or so were in circulation worldwide and the best indicator we had was a vague statement about it being "months" before she would be released. Now it is just delusional people and people trying to get lucky with someone that doesn't know any better that they are out in wide release.

Given that both Amazon and TRU have had them in stock today, it should be soon they show up everywhere. In a couple weeks you can probably find her without really putting in much effort.

Shit, got it free at the Times Square event a few weeks ago. I had no idea they were going for so much on eBay - I would've sold that sucka in a heartbeat.

[quote name='natureboy46']Shit, got it free at the Times Square event a few weeks ago. I had no idea they were going for so much on eBay - I would've sold that sucka in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you really missed out on that cash grab. I would have done the same thing.

I can't believe I paid $7.5 for it... TRU in Time Square is selling them, limit to ONE per customer, which is fine by me. TRU is charging a whoopee $18.99 for one! Can you believe this?! So with B1G1 40%, you're essentially bumping to normal $14.99 (but you have to buy two). STUPID! I have a $10 off reward coupon for Skylander, so knocked down a bit, then those stupid remaining reward money over the holiday. Anyhow, not going to buy from TRU if I can avoid it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I dont think I'll tell the boy I got it. I think I'll put it on his nightstand after I get it and let him wake up to her sitiing there.[/QUOTE]

Grab a USB wall charger and a portal, plug the portal in and place it on his nightstand with Ninjini on it after he goes to sleep, then wake him in the middle of the night and enjoy the transition from horror to excitement in less than 30 seconds.

[quote name='Kerig']Grab a USB wall charger and a portal, plug the portal in and place it on his nightstand with Ninjini on it after he goes to sleep, then wake him in the middle of the night and enjoy the transition from horror to excitement in less than 30 seconds.[/QUOTE]
lol, that's a great idea! He's 4 1/2 years old so that should be a huge surprise for him. He seriously asks me about her everyday, even though I've told him 100 times not until all the snow is gone (spring).

I should record the whole thing and post it here. :D

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thanks! I refreshed for about 10 minutes and it popped up for me. Its backordered until march 1st, thats fines with me though. I dont think I'll tell the boy I got it. I think I'll put it on his nightstand after I get it and let him wake up to her sitiing there. Thanks again!!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Glad some folks were able to take advantage of it. I had no clue Amazon was going to carry it so soon since the TRU email made it seem like it was a timed exclusive to TRU. Happened to have a link saved to Ninjini, guess it was good to have it lol. Mine just switched to shipping soon so maybe yours will as well.

Decided to stop by TRU before work today. No Ninjini at 10:03 when I got there, just three employees bitching to themselves how that "stupid email was going to result in people asking all day if we have one specific Skylander we didn't even get any shipment of."

[quote name='Kenshindono']wh...what? Who would pay 200 bucks for this? Do people need it early that bad? People are dumb but i call bs to those ebay prices being real[/QUOTE]
my friend sold an eyebrawl for 150.00 and another for 100.00 on ebay within days of each other those prices are real people are crazy

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Decided to stop by TRU before work today. No Ninjini at 10:03 when I got there, just three employees bitching to themselves how that "stupid email was going to result in people asking all day if we have one specific Skylander we didn't even get any shipment of."[/QUOTE]

lol... Where was this at? I think it's funny about the phone calls, I remember when Giants first came out, I couldn't get any damn service because the damn phone was ringing too damn much.

I picked up two of them today at TRU, I don't know what I should do with the second one.

[quote name='skiizim']lol... Where was this at? I think it's funny about the phone calls, I remember when Giants first came out, I couldn't get any damn service because the damn phone was ringing too damn much.

I picked up two of them today at TRU, I don't know what I should do with the second one.[/QUOTE]

I would love to buy it from you! Even some extra for your troubles!

[quote name='Kerig']This guy never says how much he paid for his ripoff Ninjini, but I'm sure it well into the hundnerds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5leKR0SKv8

How come his portal glows all around? Mine only glows on the top and bottom (mine is from Giants 360)[/QUOTE]

I think it's just the lighting. Or he bought his portal from china and it uses cheap transparent plastic. China on ebay will screw you everytime. I do like how he was going to contact activision about something not released yet.

I gave Ninjini to my 5-year-old as a reward for being good at school and let him play yesterday afternoon before dinner. He was playing for less than an hour when I saw he already had the character leveled up to 7, lol.

mine shows shipping soon as well with a delivery estimate of march 6th. I have prime so that puts it shipping Monday if that estimated date is correct. I've had back ordered skylanders ship before the "in stock" date in the past do it could ship today or tomorrow possibly.

bread's done
Back