BB - 32GB Memory Card for PlayStation Vita $74.99

I don't always throw money away, but when I do, I waste it on the vita.

Good deal for those who need it but ill buy it when it is within a reasonable price(system and memory cards)

[quote name='BryanDGAF']I don't always throw money away, but when I do, I waste it on the vita.

Good deal for those who need it but ill buy it when it is within a reasonable price(system and memory cards)[/QUOTE]

System is a reasonable price, though I agree on the memory cards. Highest they should be charging for a 32GB MicroSD is $50 MSPRP with deals at $30.

Though really they should just let you put in a 3rd party MicroSD.

[quote name='whoknows']Not really. Since this is made by Sony it's higher quality than any other memory cards out there. You're paying extra for the peace of mind knowing that your saves will never be corrupt.
[/QUOTE]

Oh that is just adorable damage controlling right there.

As we all know, SanDisk is well known for their corrupting memory cards. 1,225 five-star reviews on Amazon can't be wrong!

[quote name='whoknows']Not really. Since this is made by Sony it's higher quality than any other memory cards out there. You're paying extra for the peace of mind knowing that your saves will never be corrupt.

Anyways, good deal. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

cool trolling, bro.

[quote name='Fukurou']How do you do that? Make a hyperlink into words like that.[/QUOTE]

Copy link.
Type text.
Highlight text.
Click on the chain icon (Insert Link).
Paste link.

[quote name='KJ.West']As we all know, SanDisk is well known for their corrupting memory cards. 1,225 five-star reviews on Amazon can't be wrong![/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, SanDisk probably designed the Vita memory cards. Sony has had them design practically every one of their Sony brand memory cards. Also, my 8GB Vita memory card totally did get corrupted like two weeks ago, so the other guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

[quote name='KJ.West']It's a sad state of affairs when a 32 gigabyte memory card for $75 is considered a good deal.[/QUOTE]

True, but $75 for this isn't too bad when you look at B&M prices for name brand cards. Have never seen a SanDisk 32GB card for less than $50 at any store.

[quote name='Kotomine']Copy link.
Type text.
Highlight text.
Click on the chain icon (Insert Link).
Paste link.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I see. Thanks.

the memory card thing is what keeps me from buying a vita in the first place...

you would think sony might put two and two together there and drop prices. I guess they are counting on most of their consumers being uneducated.

buying a vita and not knowing the memory card prices is like buying a hummer vehicle and not knowing it gets shit gas mileage.

::rolls eyes:: Sony??? High Quality?

Even their movies aren't that great anymore. Amazing Spiderman for example.

look at all these louzers troll the thread...

I don't have a vita BUT (insert derogatory vita comment).

Sony doesn't make high quality stuff BUT it had a lower failure rate then its competitor.

Hopefully they'll cut vita memory prices by a third. I got a 32GB card from Sony directly for about $55 shipped when they had that deal not too long ago (combined with the buy $100 sony GC get $20 GC free).

I figure the high cost of the memory is offset by all the free stuff I've gotten with my PS+ subscription

[quote name='retrad']the memory card thing is what keeps me from buying a vita in the first place...

you would think sony might put two and two together there and drop prices. I guess they are counting on most of their consumers being uneducated.

buying a vita and not knowing the memory card prices is like buying a hummer vehicle and not knowing it gets shit gas mileage.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, not willing to pay that much for a memory card. I want a vita but am unwilling to pay the price of 2 used games just to have good sized memory card.

[quote name='GBAstar']

I figure the high cost of the memory is offset by all the free stuff I've gotten with my PS+ subscription[/QUOTE]

lol you think thats "free" stuff.

I have so many games I couldn't play them even if I had as much free time as you. If there was a ps3/psn game I want it, I buy it. No need for it to go "free" on psn first. No point in collecting games I wont even play.

Same goes for PC. Im buying shit ps3 and pc games because I have almost all the good ones that have come out in the last 3-5 years.

[quote name='Fire2box']::rolls eyes:: Sony??? High Quality?

Even their movies aren't that great anymore. Amazing Spiderman for example.[/QUOTE] dat playstation 3D monitor...nuff said.

I do want instead of switching memory cards for different games, but still too pricey for me. Will wait until after E3.

[quote name='Fukurou']Also, I'll buy one of these, for exactly half this price.[/QUOTE]

Same

[quote name='coopscohen'] 32GB Memory Card $74.99
sig.jpg

They also have the 8GB Memory Card for $24.99[/QUOTE]

It's too much for what it does. We shouldn't tolerate such prices or they'll stay at that perimeter

Last edited by a moderator:
Enuf's been talking for months now about a Vita memory card price drop coming this year, for everyone complaining.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']dat playstation 3D monitor...nuff said.[/QUOTE]

ugh, I know exactly what you mean. My monitor JUST died the other day too. Just heads up to you all though, sony rep at my job said that they're going to have a price drop on the memory cards either in march or may....kinda forgot...

[quote name='Tygamr']Funny thing is, SanDisk probably designed the Vita memory cards. Sony has had them design practically every one of their Sony brand memory cards. Also, my 8GB Vita memory card totally did get corrupted like two weeks ago, so the other guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

True, but $75 for this isn't too bad when you look at B&M prices for name brand cards. Have never seen a SanDisk 32GB card for less than $50 at any store.[/QUOTE]

For the psp, I used to regularly buy Sandisk cards over the Sony brand. The Sandisk cards were faster and equally reliable.

[quote name='Fire2box']::rolls eyes:: Sony??? High Quality?

Even their movies aren't that great anymore. Amazing Spiderman for example.[/QUOTE]

This. As far as things are concerned, Samsung has replaced Sony as "The Big S" in electronics.

[quote name='Chocoburger']At $60 I'd bite, but nope, not at $75. I'll suffer with my 4GB card until then.[/QUOTE]

4GB is pushing it tight though right?

[quote name='bruceg']For the psp, I used to regularly buy Sandisk cards over the Sony brand. The Sandisk cards were faster and equally reliable.[/QUOTE]

Same. All of my memory sticks were SanDisk, except for a 2GB Sony branded one somebody gave me. You'd only get the same speeds (sometimes faster IIRC) on the Sony cards if you bought the most expensive ones- they have the normal, then the HC or whatever, and a few others. They'd tack on anywhere from $15-20 more for each tier of card, so the normal card would be like $20 vs the best card (of the same capacity) for like $60.

[quote name='pyschonerd']4GB is pushing it tight though right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's pretty bad. You'd only be able to hold 1-3 Vita games on it, depending on the size of the games (Uncharted and Sly Cooper are both 3+ GB- almost all the big games are in the 2-3+ range). I'm having a hard enough time with my 8GB stick... Was fine until PlayStation All-Stars got like 1GB in patches, and prior to buying Sly Cooper (cross-buy).

Still waiting for a $60 or less price tag on one of these. I absolutely love my vita, and feel its design is far superior to the 3DSXL (which I also own), but this pricing strategy is absurd. Even at $60 I'll die a little inside.

I've never had a memory card go corrupt and at this price you can buy 2 cheap ones and back them up.

Sony is not worth that much more

[quote name='samuraixyz']cool trolling, bro.[/QUOTE]

Im glad cheap bastards dont have this system. The system is CHEAP itself. Pay for a fucking memory card at a decent price.

[quote name='Chocoburger']At $60 I'd bite, but nope, not at $75. I'll suffer with my 4GB card until then.[/QUOTE]

Ditto

I would love to test a sony memory card vs any other in a vita....oh wait, I cant. Since we cant compare against any other, Sony could put out a piece of crap and charge the same thing. I will keep using my 4gb card I bought at sears for $1.25 until I find a 32 for under $40. Thanks OP for the tip, but these things have a way to go before they are reasonably priced. Good deal considering the normal price of these things though.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Im glad cheap bastards dont have this system. The system is CHEAP itself. Pay for a fucking memory card at a decent price.[/QUOTE]

telling cheap ass gamers pay more :applause:

to me around $50-60 is fair anymore an i feel their better things i can do with the money but i will say the 4 gig is killing me barley holds anything

[quote name='Tygamr']Have never seen a SanDisk 32GB card for less than $50 at any store.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen them that much. sometime last month or so BestBuy had the SanDisk Ultra 32GB for 25 dollars, and a few weeks ago i needed a 16GB ultra and was in a bit of a rush, and BestBuy had one for around 20 dollars

Amazon sells the 64GB Class 10 SD for a bit less then BestBuy online sells the 32GB Class 10 SD for, and i know i would have never paid 40 dollars for a 16GB SD card, but i know i bought one BestBuy in store for one of my devices.

EDIT:Just looked at my sales slip. I paid 17.99 for 16GB SD ULTRA CLASS 10. SKU:4957245 witch comes back to the 40 dollar listing at BestBuy online.
I bought mine about 2 and a half weeks ago.

Man I want this so bad :/ But I just spend the money toward the 32GB card, toward physical copies of some of the free PS+ games. I'd rather just hang on till E3 for now, since my 16GB will suffice for the time being. Thanks again OP!

[quote name='pyschonerd']4GB is pushing it tight though right?[/QUOTE]
4GB is only manageable if you refuse to download games and you're not a PS+ member. Otherwise, 4GB is a pain in the ass. But like I said, I shall suffer with it until it hits a decent price point.

Since Amazon PM'd and I have some credit, I just ordered one...$32.
If anyone wants to trade a game for a 8 GB card let me know, as I wont need the 8 GB anymore.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Im glad cheap bastards dont have this system. The system is CHEAP itself. Pay for a fucking memory card at a decent price.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? The memory card prices are fine. You can find evidence of this by the 23 million Vitas that have sold and the avalanch of top quality AAA titles that come out every week...oh, wait. Nevermind.

Same here. I love my Vita and I need a 32gb but I'll wait for a price drop or a better sale.

bread's done
Back