http://www.amazon.co...tal gear rising

<p>194619.png

#2 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

when it's $20 maybe, at this price hardly a deal

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#3 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

The game was fantastic, I'd recommend it at any price.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#4 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

when it's $20 maybe, at this price hardly a deal

Every $60 game is a deal when it's $20 -___-

#5 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Every $60 game is a deal when it's $20 -___-

Let me introduce you to some of my friends

Spoiler

Spoiler

But that said I bought MGR the day it came out, so I am not saying it's not worth it.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#6 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

But that said I bought MGR the day it came out, so I am not saying it's not worth it.

LOL! I meant that as in every $60 game that is on sale for $20 is a deal price wise. Didn't mean that game quality wise.

If its not $40 off a $30 game. Then the deal posted isn't good enough.

P.S. I paid $45 for Brink >.< Luckily sold it on Craigslist for $40 shortly after!

#7 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

LOL! I meant that as in every $60 game that is on sale for $20 is a deal price wise. Didn't mean that game quality wise.

If its not $40 off a $30 game. Then the deal posted isn't good enough.

P.S. I paid $45 for Brink >.< Luckily sold it on Craigslist for $40 shortly after!

I got brink 4 free from BB. How i love those $5 certificates!! :bouncy::bouncy:

----

I'll get when it's $20 and below.

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#8 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Based on the really terrible TV ad.. I'll wait until Black Friday.

#9 cero5

cero5

Yuno Gasai is one crazy B****

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

----

Should have demanded your store credit back

#10 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

----

Still means you have to play it though.

#11 Gary71313

Gary71313

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

Would Best Buy price match this considering I bought it before the change in policy to only match a different retailer at the time of purchase?

#12 nekobi

nekobi

Spicy Wolf!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

I fully agree! It was much better than I had expected, a complete blast to play!

#13 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

----

You should get bouncy if they paid you to take the game. Then you should salvage the case and throw away the disc.

You could have use the $5 cert to get other items. Seriously, get a CD for the car or something, just not Brink.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#14 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Based on the really terrible TV ad.. I'll wait until Black Friday.

Are you talking about this one?

Lol it's pretty cheesy but it reminded me of the good ol' 90s commercials. I swear those were some memorable ads. Anyone remember the SSB for N64 one? ;)

#15 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

great game

#16 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

Are you talking about this one?

Lol it's pretty cheesy but it reminded me of the good ol' 90s commercials. I swear those were some memorable ads. Anyone remember the SSB for N64 one? ;)

Haha! I loved the SSB for N64. I was like 8-10 (i dont remember the year it came out) and thought it was the coolest thing.

#17 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

lmao this post is so true ! people got these games from gamefly for free last year and still felt ripped off. i know i did
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#18 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Haha! I loved the SSB for N64. I was like 8-10 (i dont remember the year it came out) and thought it was the coolest thing.

did someone say classic cheesy 90s commercials ?

super smash bros
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=K783SDTBKmg

battle tanks
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=3HXGIFPxbtk

lmao these are classic !!!!!
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#19 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

I fully agree! It was much better than I had expected, a complete blast to play!

Add me to the list, one of the moat fun games I've played in a while. And one of platinum's finest. Best 720p games I've seen, looks better than most of the 1080 games.

#20 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Add me to the list, one of the moat fun games I've played in a while. And one of platinum's finest. Best 720p games I've seen, looks better than most of the 1080 games.

I'm not crazy about Ninja Gaiden/DMC kind of games, I really like the idea usually more than the actual games. But I loved Bayonetta, and the new DMC looks good also. But I think I'll like MGR because of how good Platinum did with Bayonetta.

Even though I would've rather had a new MGS game over a game like MGR, but it's better than nothing!

#21 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

I've played the demo, and I guess I could get used to the camera. That was the only thing I didn't like about the game. I'll play it eventually. I was a huge fan of Bayonetta.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#22 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

----

Dude, try not to use "4" in place of "for." I'm not criticizing your style for the heck of it, it's that your comment can be read as "Brink 4 free" (there's no sequels for that game). Also, you didn't get it for free, $5 BB cert can be used for something else, you just choose to spend it on Brink.

This reminds me that there's an Amazon $5 off MGR coupon, which expiring at the end of June, plenty of time for the game to drop further.

#23 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Dude, try not to use "4" in place of "for." I'm not criticizing your style for the heck of it, it's that your comment can be read as "Brink 4 free" (there's no sequels for that game). Also, you didn't get it for free, $5 BB cert can be used for something else, you just choose to spend it on Brink.

This reminds me that there's an Amazon $5 off MGR coupon, which expiring at the end of June, plenty of time for the game to drop further.

Where's this coupon at? Can you provide a link?

#24 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Same, I really enjoyed it.

For those that have concerns about the camera, it was really only an issue for me in certain situtations when I was trying to be stealthy, or running away from the final boss.

#25 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Please don't call these guys your friends--you're better than that!

#26 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Where's this coupon at? Can you provide a link?

It was an Amazon pre-order bonus from "eons" ago... I totally forgot about it...

Thank you for purchasing "Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of "Metal Gear Solid: Rising" on Xbox 360 or PS3 until 6/30/2013.

#27 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

It was an Amazon pre-order bonus from "eons" ago... I totally forgot about it...

Bah!

Lucky you, then!

#28 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

The game is only 4-6 hours long, but like Vanquish, it is fat-free with basically no padded material, so you could easily play the campaign multiple times (they also offer some in-game incentives for the completionist types.) Still, if you are just interested in blowing through the campaign once, I suggest either renting or waiting for a large price drop.

I thought the gameplay itself was pretty fun: the camera is a bit sticky in place, but the parry system was interesting. Free-cutting is pretty much entirely a gimmick but it’s pretty fun to fool around with. The story is stupid nonsense… I know MGS isn’t exactly Shakespeare, but I was not happy that they made this a quasi-sequel to MGS4. It’s too violent and off-the-wall for MGS (Raiden can throw Metal Gear Rays!), and even though it has a mostly dark and serious story throughout, the final boss ends up being super goofy.

#29 gordo789

gordo789

Freebasing Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'll echo the sentiment that this is a fantastic game that's great at any price. Day 1 purchase at $60 for me, not something I do often. NO REGRETS.
Visit my website: Gaijin Densetsu!
Posted Image

#30 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

This game was totally worth $60. I can't believe all the people who said that this was a short game. It's not. It takes 8-9 hours depending on exploration and skill level, but the game was designed for multiple playthroughs. And there are VR mission fun to be had.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)