Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#3451 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Nothing for Vita this week? What a bunch of assholes.

What are you talking about?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3452 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

I have been comtemplating what to play next for the last few days. I completely forgot that Sleeping Dogs was free tonight.

I just finished the story for AC3 and I finally decided to start Sideway NY (cant remember if i got it free or discounted from plus). It is a cool little platformer, but the rotating buildings can be a pain in the eyes from time to time. Anyways, its okay, but now that Sleeping Dogs is coming I know what should keep me occupied for a few weeks. I hope it is as much fun as it looks and everyone says it is. Glad I didnt buy it for $20 recently.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#3453 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Probably why the Star Wars tables weren't on sale on PSN last week:

http://blog.us.plays...tures-detailed/

Honestly I think this is really dumb. Zen worked really hard to get all their Zen tables under one hub, and now they launch this???

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3454 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

What are you talking about?

I didn't see any new discounts or free games. Did I miss them?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#3455 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

because god hates just you

R.I.P Jeff Hanneman

BumslieOG.png

#3456 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Probably why the Star Wars tables weren't on sale on PSN last week:

http://blog.us.plays...tures-detailed/

Honestly I think this is really dumb. Zen worked really hard to get all their Zen tables under one hub, and now they launch this???

agreed, I like having all my eggs in one basket, so this seems pointless to me.
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#3457 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Gah, caved and got Soul Sacrifice with my $10 credit. I need to stop buying games at release D: Isn't Papo Y Yo pretty short, can't decide if I'll pick it up with the discount.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#3458 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

planning ahead:

any of the sleeping dogs DLC or DLC packs worth it? do any of them add anything to the game outside of cosmetics / stat boosted crap?

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#3459 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Gah, caved and got Soul Sacrifice with my $10 credit. I need to stop buying games at release D: Isn't Papo Y Yo pretty short, can't decide if I'll pick it up with the discount.

3-4 hours apparently.

http://www.howlongto...php?gameid=8864
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#3460 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

hey one more question i just thought of (hopefully last)
about the psn + where you can play the download games free as long as you have an account...

Do you need a active hook up to the net ( meaning does the system hook into the internet everytime you open these games )

When you download a game which is free with PS+ it is imprinted with the date your PS+ is set to expire so that you don't have to maintain an online connection (unless the game itself has online DRM like some capcom games that would be present even if you bought it). When it expires the game will cease to function.

Retro City Rampage is rather crappy and barely worth the price of free with PS+ let alone half off. The 80s references are amusing but the gameplay ranges from bland to godawful.

Apparently the 3 story DLCs for Sleeping Dogs are Nightmare in Northpoint, Year of the Snake, and Zodiac Tournament. Some seem to like them, some seem to hate them.

Guardian_owl.png

#3461 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

When you download a game which is free with PS+ it is imprinted with the date your PS+ is set to expire so that you don't have to maintain an online connection (unless the game itself has online DRM like some capcom games that would be present even if you bought it). When it expires the game will cease to function.

Retro City Rampage is rather crappy and barely worth the price of free with PS+ let alone half off. The 80s references are amusing but the gameplay ranges from bland to godawful.

Apparently the 3 story DLCs for Sleeping Dogs are Nightmare in Northpoint, Year of the Snake, and Zodiac Tournament. Some seem to like them, some seem to hate them.

I don't know what RCR you've been playing, but I think it's pretty damn fantastic for a cheap indie title. I have spent most of my playtime with the Steam version, but I did try it on PS3 when it came to PS+ for free and didn't notice any significant difference.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#3462 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

I don't know what RCR you've been playing, but I think it's pretty damn fantastic for a cheap indie title. I have spent most of my playtime with the Steam version, but I did try it on PS3 when it came to PS+ for free and didn't notice any significant difference.

Can't comment on the game, as I haven't tried it yet, but $15 isn't exactly what I'd call "cheap"

#3463 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Can't comment on the game, as I haven't tried it yet, but $15 isn't exactly what I'd call "cheap"

Especially for digital.

I wanted to like RCR too, but couldn't. I remember I had more fun with GTA II (possibly a bad comparison, but couldn't think of anything else that I played when I was young at this moment that is similar to RCR), but perhaps they are about the same but times have changed.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3464 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Nevermind, I figured it out. Turns out the download for the PSN store application doesn't go ahead of other downloads like normally for some reason.

Spoiler

Edited by anotherpoorgamer, 07 May 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#3465 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

I really don't want to miss out on getting Sleeping Dogs, but every time I try to access the PSN store this week I get these messages on screen.

Anyone get else get these messages? Spoilered for spacing.

Spoiler

It let's me press circle to go back. A new message appears:

Spoiler

I check and there is nothing under [Network] that tells me the status of the download. It says I have the latest update.

I don't know what this "Software Update" is exactly, but it is making me unable to access the PSN store.

I let it sit for awhile and nothing happens. Usually, it starts a download automatically. Any ideas? Thanks ahead.

My advice, hit triangle on the PS Store icon on the XMB, hit delete, once it is deleted click the PS Store icon again to force it to download the app again. Hopefully that fixes it.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3466 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

This may have been asked but does the european sleeping dogs save file work with the us version?

#3467 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

You're not going to miss out on Sleeping Dogs. For one, it's not even available for free yet and two, it'll be on the store for at the very least, a few weeks.

I didn't see any new discounts or free games. Did I miss them?

We don't know this week's sales in their entirety yet, so there could be some discounts on Vita games. You can't expect them to discount or put up free Vita games week in and week out and if they don't, they're not assholes. You just expect too much of them.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3468 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

I doubt it. Different regional codes. Digital save files also don't usually work with ones from physical copies as well.

This may have been asked but does the european sleeping dogs save file work with the us version?

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#3469 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Would anyone recommend Infamous Festival of Blood? I mean, I heard it's kinda short, but for $5...

Edit: Screw it, I'll just buy it.

#3470 chingychink

chingychink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

It didn't work for my us save file when I was on eu plus and try to load my save. So vice versa

#3471 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

It didn't work for my us save file when I was on eu plus and try to load my save. So vice versa

I dont mind restarting. I pretty much only beat the campaign and its gunna be nice not having to worry about beating it in a month. So much world to explore.

#3472 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Would anyone recommend Infamous Festival of Blood? I mean, I heard it's kinda short, but for $5...

I wouldn't. The story is cute, but nowhere near interesting and all the collectibles are super easy to find. You can easily 100% the game and never play it again in 5 hours, which is just way too low.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3473 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

I wouldn't. The story is cute, but nowhere near interesting and all the collectibles are super easy to find. You can easily 100% the game and never play it again in 5 hours, which is just way too low.

While I agree in the that it is a very short play through, with a very easy 100% regarding achievements - I thought it was a fresh take on Infamous franchise incorporating the 'horror' genre that has been very popular the past few years. The vampire and zombie theme are portrayed in it, (not to say the story isn't extremely basic and predictable) but I just thought it was a short yet fun and rewarding play through. But I also have not burnt out from all the zombie, vampire, horror stuff in popular media either, so it could be just me.
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :

#3474 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

$5 for 5 hours seems more than reasonable especially if you're a fan of the Infamous 2 and its game play style.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#3475 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

Shit, I wish I would have picked up some Sleeping Dogs DLC during the sale a couple weeks ago.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3476 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

You're not going to miss out on Sleeping Dogs. For one, it's not even available for free yet and two, it'll be on the store for at the very least, a few weeks.

We don't know this week's sales in their entirety yet, so there could be some discounts on Vita games. You can't expect them to discount or put up free Vita games week in and week out and if they don't, they're not assholes. You just expect too much of them.

hope they have a sale on RPG Soon...thinking of buying some but Something is telling me HOLD OFF there could be some major deals for FATHERS DAY so i can hold off for a month
WOOOO I STINK

#3477 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'd be all over this if I didn't pick up Sleeping Dogs and some of its dlc off Steam on the cheap. Especially considering I haven't even played it yet haha. Oh well, I didn't pay much for it anyways.

Backlog wins again.

#3478 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

Honestly that sounds perfect to me. I have very little time for games so short, well made games are great. Let's not forget there are some retail games with 5-6 hour campaigns and no replay value either.

#3479 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Shit, I wish I would have picked up some Sleeping Dogs DLC during the sale a couple weeks ago.

Looks like some will come with it. From the blog post:

...this version of Sleeping Dogs comes with not only the full game, but also 3 premium DLC packs including the Retro Triad Pack, the Red Envelope Pack, and the Street Racer Pack.

No idea if those packs are any good, but it's something at least.

#3480 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Looks like some will come with it. From the blog post:

No idea if those packs are any good, but it's something at least.

They don't have any of the playable DLC, but it's better than nothing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+