Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#361 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

it's updating right now. i went to refresh the blog and saw the giant Plus symbol flash but the podcast story loaded over it.

It's not. You're just seeing the PS+ banner for what's shown under the PS+ tab on that rotator when the page loads. There's no "updating" for the blog. The article is either up or it's not.

#362 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Oh...well then. April Fools?

#363 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

No offense, but how many people work there? They KNOW which games are going to be free, how hard is it to copy and paste some paragraphs about it?

I hear they are waiting as long as possible to build excitement for an awesome announcement of Walking Dead Survival Instinct as the big retail game this month. It's a new release so that should make everyone happy.

#364 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Telltale Game's Poker Night 2 is coming to PSN later this month. Full announcement here:

Leading publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games - in partnership with studios spanning the worlds of games, television, and cinema - confirms the next entry in their high-stakes series with Telltale Games' Poker Night 2.

Some of the biggest personalities in gaming, film, and animation are going all-in on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Network, and on PC and Mac from Steam. Other platforms to be announced.

Taking the fifth seat at the table, players will be joined by an all-star cast:

• Claptrap from Gearbox Software's critically-acclaimed and multi-million selling Borderlands video game series
  • Brock Samson from Adult Swim's animated series The Venture Bros.
  • Sam from the Sam & Max video game and comic book series by Steve Purcell
  • Ash Williams from the cult classic movie Army of Darkness. Groovy!

Players at the table will be assured of a fair hand dealt under the unblinking gaze of a Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System from Aperture Science research facilities. Otherwise known as GLaDOS from the Portal and Portal 2 games by Valve, Inc.!

Telltale Games' Poker Night 2 will offer the chance to win 'Bounty Unlocks': rewards for use within other games when special goals are achieved. With cunning and skill, players will unlock prizes including exclusive skins and heads for use within Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360, PS3 and PC), character accessories for Team Fortress 2 (PC only), unique Xbox 360 Avatar Items, and Premium Themes for dressing up PlayStation 3.

"It's great to revisit our roots after the success of The Walking Dead. People might not know that we have a strong history of humor in our games and players are going to find a lot of laughs in Poker Night 2," said Dan Connors, Telltale CEO and Co-Founder, adding "Poker Night 2 is another example of our ability to work with phenomenal partners and bring great characters to life in the gaming universe."

Telltale Games' Poker Night 2 will be released late April on the PlayStation Network, PC and the Xbox LIVE Marketplace; other systems to be announced. Poker Night 2 is rated 'M' (Mature) for Violence, Suggestive Themes, Strong Language, Simulated Gambling, and Use of Tobacco by the ESRB.

No offense, but how many people work there? They KNOW which games are going to be free, how hard is it to copy and paste some paragraphs about it?

Maybe they're waiting because an announcement is supposed to be made about something that relates to the updates for this month. Maybe something like the announcement above?

#365 esploded

esploded

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Are De Blob 2, Stacking and Costume Quest all worth their PS+ price?

#366 BasHanada

BasHanada

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

They're prolly sweetening up their post and preparing their flame shields :)

#367 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Are De Blob 2, Stacking and Costume Quest all worth their PS+ price?

Yes.

#368 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Where can I see what's expiring each week? I always forget where to find it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#369 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

It hasn't been posted yet.

#370 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

It hasn't been posted yet.

I just meant in general. You post it too, don't you?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#371 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

He does.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#372 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, when we know what's coming down. The only thing we know right now is that Spec Ops: The Line is coming down for tomorrow's update.

#373 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

I hear they are waiting as long as possible to build excitement for an awesome announcement of Walking Dead Survival Instinct as the big retail game this month. It's a new release so that should make everyone happy.

I know this was meant as a joke but I'd be okay with this, yes the game is terrible but I would gladly play it for free since I am huge fan of the tv series

O6d6OER.jpg

#374 Blaan

Blaan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Did they announce the EU PSN+ games? That's usually enough to get everyone riled up.

#375 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

I know this was meant as a joke but I'd be okay with this, yes the game is terrible but I would gladly play it for free since I am huge fan of the tv series

Agreed. Problem is I buy a lot if retail games so by the time ps+ offers them for free I usually bought it and beat it and traded it in months ago

#376 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Agreed. Problem is I buy a lot if retail games so by the time ps+ offers them for free I usually bought it and beat it and traded it in months ago

You can't possibly have beaten all of them, I mean Spec Ops, Darksiders, Vanquish etc. you beat them all by the time it arrived on PS+?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#377 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Did they announce the EU PSN+ games? That's usually enough to get everyone riled up.

that already happened.

they get Okami HD. :cold:

#378 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, when we know what's coming down. The only thing we know right now is that Spec Ops: The Line is coming down for tomorrow's update.

Oh okay, that's all I wanted to know. I'm just trying to be extra cautious since I forgot to 'purchase' Plants vs Zombies before it expired a couple weeks back.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#379 Blaan

Blaan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

that already happened.

they get Okami HD. :cold:

I WANT THAT!

I'm only partially kidding. I do want that.

#380 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Pretty sure those were already announced awhile ago. They're getting Okami HD, Lord Of The Rings: War In The North, Thomas Was Alone, Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

I have an EU account and there's nothing there that sounds too good to me. VLR is awesome but I don't have an extra Vita to use just an EU account for.

Hoping US beats them this month. It would be great to get VLR for Vita here though. I think the only game that could possibly be better is Persona 4.

#381 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Oh okay, that's all I wanted to know. I'm just trying to be extra cautious since I forgot to 'purchase' Plants vs Zombies before it expired a couple weeks back.

I thought you were asking for a list of what's coming down each week in April, which we of course don't know yet.

#382 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

You can't possibly have beaten all of them, I mean Spec Ops, Darksiders, Vanquish etc. you beat them all by the time it arrived on PS+?

I beat / platinumed a good chunk of the ones offered for PS Plus. The only exceptions are typically things I don't want, don't have the interest in (already platinumed Disgaea 3, so doing portable was never high on my list) or were completely new to plus. In terms of last month...

Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) - Didn't want.
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita) - Platinumed PS3, so I didn't care (already had it too)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3) - Don't like racing.
Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita) - Platinumed PS3 version.
The Cave (PS3) - 100%ed and did a bunch of guides.

So I don't think it's impossible to believe others beat a lot of them / most of them. Perhaps not all of them (since some were day 1 freebies), plus the games you just never want to play, but outside of those 2 instances, I don't see whats so hard to believe.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#383 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Joe Danger 2 is more of a platformer than a racing game.

#384 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

I have no sympathy for people who have DLC codes that expired.

With that said, I highly doubt I input my Resistance 3 online pass so I hope that still works. I am surprised that an online pass would have an expiration date. I'm going to go through my collection for anything else I might have missed. If I did miss something though, I'm blaming myself, not someone else.

You do know a lot of games you buy brand new at the store have codes that have already expired? IE if you go buy GOW Saga right now, the GoW Origin codes should have all expired on the 31st of March.

#385 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

What the...Joe Danger is not a racing game. It's more like Trials than anything.

#386 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

You do know a lot of games you buy brand new at the store have codes that have already expired? IE if you go buy GOW Saga right now, the GoW Origin codes should have all expired on the 31st of March.

A lot or just a select few?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#387 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

What the...Joe Danger is not a racing game. It's more like Trials than anything.

Maybe it was a bad choice of words, but I wasn't a fan of 1.

#388 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Unless the expiration date of the code is clearly printed on the case/packaging, I have all the sympathy in the world for people who buy brand new games expecting everything advertised on the box. These publishers love people who wander into stores and buy games based on very limited information or no information except what they see on the box. Why, then, is it not ok for those same consumers to expect whatever contents to be valid that's indicated as part of the purchase. Consumers shouldn't be expected to know to research DLC code expirations before buying something.

#389 Darth Indy

Darth Indy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Just wanted to clarify before making a big purchase, the spend $50 get $10 back is currently still running and ends at 11:59 pm tonight?

#390 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I beat / platinumed a good chunk of the ones offered for PS Plus. The only exceptions are typically things I don't want, don't have the interest in (already platinumed Disgaea 3, so doing portable was never high on my list) or were completely new to plus. In terms of last month...

Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) - Didn't want.
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita) - Platinumed PS3, so I didn't care (already had it too)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3) - Don't like racing.
Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita) - Platinumed PS3 version.
The Cave (PS3) - 100%ed and did a bunch of guides.

So I don't think it's impossible to believe others beat a lot of them / most of them. Perhaps not all of them (since some were day 1 freebies), plus the games you just never want to play, but outside of those 2 instances, I don't see whats so hard to believe.

Ah, I guess it's a matter of playing habits then. I would actually download and try a couple of the games that are free even if I have low interest in them, like Joe Danger. So every update is a party for me :D. I really wanted to like the Cave, but the camera wasn't set up for local co-op and it was a huge letdown for me.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+