Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#7351 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

So is MK worth it if I play mostly SP? I heard the control implementation is really good, whereas MvC3 is crazy all over the place, MK has more simplistic controls and makes better use of the Sixaxis. People were recommending it to me even at $20 a couple months ago
Posted Image

#7352 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

There should be no restrictions if you buy it.

#7353 liquidussnakeus

liquidussnakeus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

for those wondering about the season pass 2 on TPA you can still get a potential discount buying the pass than individually, depending on your taste. It covers Table packs 11-20

Table 11 and table 12 are already in season pass two and have been on the PSN store for a while already, which leaves 8 table packs to buy, each being 5 bucks, or if you pro 7 bucks

$30 - standard SP2 / $40 - standard individually

$40 - Pro SP2 / $56 - Pro Individually

Apparently it also enables you to download Table pack 14 which is not present on PSN store.

#7354 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

So just to confirm (since I see myself buying a lot of games this month) I could buy Rachet and Clank Collection and other games today, and 10 years from now when the PS5 is being announced I should still be able to play the game on my PS3 correct? I want to say the answer is yes since 1) I bought the game and 2) I shouldnt need the internet to play games saved on my HD. 

You might not be able to redownload it at that point but a game like Ratchet and Clank that has no internet component can be played until the sun goes out if the system lasts that long.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#7355 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

Not sure what the issue was exactly, but when trying to download BF3 from the game page I kept getting the "Not enough free space" error despite having 30gb free (game is 11.6gb). Went to the download list and from there it's downloading without issues. Just a heads up in case you run into a similar problem.

NotRic.png

#7356 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

So just to confirm (since I see myself buying a lot of games this month) I could buy Rachet and Clank Collection and other games today, and 10 years from now when the PS5 is being announced I should still be able to play the game on my PS3 correct? I want to say the answer is yes since 1) I bought the game and 2) I shouldnt need the internet to play games saved on my HD. 

No one can confirm this. A lot changes in 10 years

Posted Image

#7357 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

Edit: derp

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Pay Day 2 | ACIV:BF |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Edge of Tomorrow  :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

#7358 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

There are no daily deals.

#7359 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

There are no daily deals.

Shhhh I edited ;)

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Pay Day 2 | ACIV:BF |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Edge of Tomorrow  :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

#7360 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

No one can confirm this. A lot changes in 10 years

Not really. If you download all of your paid games, you can play offline for as long as you want and you'd be fine. The only issues that you would have would be with online-heavy or online-only games, but those wouldn't be the type of games you'd expect to work perfectly forever.

#7361 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

Not really. If you download all of your paid games, you can play offline for as long as you want and you'd be fine. The only issues that you would have would be with online-heavy or online-only games, but those wouldn't be the type of games you'd expect to work perfectly forever.

Not if there's a zombie apocalypse next year.  You guys should tailor your purchases accordingly.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7362 ccjmli

ccjmli

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

You probably dont understand how to use gamestops promos to your advantage and get more than you would on ebay. Both Alice and Ratchet HD collection will get a good amount at GS. Not to mention that GS credit is more worthwhile now that you can convert it to Amazon credit.

I actually wouldn't mind an explanation on this (I rarely trade in games so I'm a novice in that department). I have LEGO Batman 2, Hitman Collection, and Ratchet Collection all for PS3. They trade to Amazon for $2, $7, and $9 respectively when I looked earlier today. Figured for the $5 I might make trading in and then buying on PSN (with Plus), it wasn't worth it to take the time to pack and ship. What am I missing? What would I get for these at GameStop that would make it worthwhile to spend the time to go trade in there (and since I have found GS to typically have the highest prices/worst deals, what am I buying with that credit)? This is all new to me, but I guess it isn't a stupid question if others here don't understand how to utilize GS either.
Shoe_It.png

#7363 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

I actually wouldn't mind an explanation on this (I rarely trade in games so I'm a novice in that department). I have LEGO Batman 2, Hitman Collection, and Ratchet Collection all for PS3. They trade to Amazon for $2, $7, and $9 respectively when I looked earlier today. Figured for the $5 I might make trading in and then buying on PSN (with Plus), it wasn't worth it to take the time to pack and ship. What am I missing? What would I get for these at GameStop that would make it worthwhile to spend the time to go trade in there (and since I have found GS to typically have the highest prices/worst deals, what am I buying with that credit)? This is all new to me, but I guess it isn't a stupid question if others here don't understand how to utilize GS either.

Values and promos can be found here:

http://www.cheapassg...ards-come-back/

You can buy whatever you please there. They sell PSN cards, MS pts, Amazon Kindle cards. They even sell SHELL GAS CARDS and Taco Bell Cards lol! Check the thread out. And if you want more up to date info on your TIVs call GS.

512847.png

#7364 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

Not if there's a zombie apocalypse next year.  You guys should tailor your purchases accordingly.

Crap I was going to buy Alice, but now that you mention this, I'll save my $4.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#7365 ccjmli

ccjmli

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

Thanks Stellar. Got it. Not sure it's worth the hassle but I understand where you're coming from now.
Shoe_It.png

#7366 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

As slow as BF3 was to download it's not installing much faster and still have to do CQ as well.  Remind me never to delete this until they shut down the servers.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#7367 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

Not trying to start any sort of 360/PS3 war here, but....

I'm surprised how little discussion there is in this thread compared to the XBL thread.  This week's deals on PSN are pretty good and next week's are out of this world to me (I'll be spending close to $60 over the next two weeks).  I'm not sure if I'll spend more than $10 on the Xbox Live Ultimate games sale this week, yet that thread is ON FIRE and this thread has had very little chatter.  I guess the games going sale on PSN just appeal to me more than the 360 games on sale...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7368 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

im a bit obsessive, but i prefer flipping to gamestop even if i could get more on ebay cuz its so easy and i can keep my case.

i have a shelf full of empty game cases to remind me i own those games on psn ;)

but 4 for alice and flip that at gamestop for 10+bonus, same with ratchet for 7.50 etc. no brainer.

now 3 gig for mk vita made me change my mind on that, cuz $3 isnt worth the 3gig to me, but too each their own.

n yeah, i guess i will have to delete my bf3 game data, and i guess that will delete all dlcs also...

this will turn into a long downloading session to get all 4(5?) dlcs downloaded again. i havnt played bf3 in so long, it should be fun.

didnt they nerf the c4 on jeep and explode it or something? that totally sucks. that was so fun to go kamikaze at the enemy or mcom station. i played bfbc2 alot and vietnam, but have barely touched bf3. cod keeps getting me hooked and its hard for me to play an fps without scorestreaks, even tho i know vehicles are so awesome in bf games.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7369 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

I'm surprised how little discussion there is in this thread compared to the XBL thread.  This week's deals on PSN are pretty good and next week's are out of this world to me (I'll be spending close to $60 over the next two weeks).  I'm not sure if I'll spend more than $10 on the Xbox Live Ultimate games sale this week, yet that thread is ON FIRE and this thread has had very little chatter.  I guess the games going sale on PSN just appeal to me more than the 360 games on sale...

For me personally nothing is that exciting this week. Was really happy to see Mortal Kombat VITA for $5 and bought that. Other than that though the only others that interest me were Batman Arkham Asylum which I already played and beat on 360 (awesome game for $5 for anyone who has not played it). And also the Ratchet and Clank Collection HD is an amzing price right now but I just prefer to keep my favorites physically. Now if it were for VITA digitally I would have been all over that. 

Next week on the other hand. I can't wait! Silent Hill, Lego Batman, Alice, and maybe a couple others. But like you I am probably not getting much on the 360 this week.

512847.png

#7370 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

im a bit obsessive, but i prefer flipping to gamestop even if i could get more on ebay cuz its so easy and i can keep my case.

i have a shelf full of empty game cases to remind me i own those games on psn ;)

but 4 for alice and flip that at gamestop for 10+bonus, same with ratchet for 7.50 etc. no brainer.

now 3 gig for mk vita made me change my mind on that, cuz $3 isnt worth the 3gig to me, but too each their own.

n yeah, i guess i will have to delete my bf3 game data, and i guess that will delete all dlcs also...

this will turn into a long downloading session to get all 4(5?) dlcs downloaded again. i havnt played bf3 in so long, it should be fun.

didnt they nerf the c4 on jeep and explode it or something? that totally sucks. that was so fun to go kamikaze at the enemy or mcom station. i played bfbc2 alot and vietnam, but have barely touched bf3. cod keeps getting me hooked and its hard for me to play an fps without scorestreaks, even tho i know vehicles are so awesome in bf games.

So you are one of the dicks I cuss out every time I buy something used from Best Buy or Gamestop and have no choice but to get a generic case?  LOL

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7371 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

$5 for Mortal Kombat on the PS3 or $15 for Mortal Kombat Komplete for the additional 4 characters?  Need some input.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#7372 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

I'm surprised how little discussion there is in this thread compared to the XBL thread. This week's deals on PSN are pretty good and next week's are out of this world to me (I'll be spending close to $60 over the next two weeks). I'm not sure if I'll spend more than $10 on the Xbox Live Ultimate games sale this week, yet that thread is ON FIRE and this thread has had very little chatter. I guess the games going sale on PSN just appeal to me more than the 360 games on sale...

To be fair they have some pretty decent games on sale. BL2 for 800MSP is a really sweet deal. Add to that the fact that a lot of folks loaded up on points during the M$ glitch and you have a recipe for success. Similar to what happened on PSN during the last point promo (spend $50G$10).
Xecutioner
CML

#7373 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

Purchased Mortal Kombat and R&C collection.

Was tempted to buy Shadow, but I realized I do not have the patience these days to invest so much time into one game.

I'll probably buy a Lego game or two next week.

#7374 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

There's no big group of people that are obsessively trying to figure out how to make foreign accounts to buy things from there.

#7375 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

$5 for Mortal Kombat on the PS3 or $15 for Mortal Kombat Komplete for the additional 4 characters? Need some input.

Pick it up from Hastings for about $11 shipped.
Xecutioner
CML

#7376 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

There's no big group of people that are obsessively trying to figure out how to make foreign accounts to buy things from there.

Thats a very good point! Forgot about that.

512847.png

#7377 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

SotC isn't that long of a game. if anything it is pretty quick, even when playing through two times (gotta get all items).

step 1- sword of light in air, find collosus. step 2 - kill collosus. step 3 - repeat.

n yeah mk dlc, like injustice dlc, doesnt have any trophies. it does have freddy krueger tho, so yeah...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7378 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

So you are one of the dicks I cuss out every time I buy something used from Best Buy or Gamestop and have no choice but to get a generic case?  LOL

I bet he'll be happy to sell you some to replace those generics. ;)

#7379 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

for those wondering about the season pass 2 on TPA you can still get a potential discount buying the pass than individually, depending on your taste. It covers Table packs 11-20

Table 11 and table 12 are already in season pass two and have been on the PSN store for a while already, which leaves 8 table packs to buy, each being 5 bucks, or if you pro 7 bucks

$30 - standard SP2 / $40 - standard individually
$40 - Pro SP2 / $56 - Pro Individually

Apparently it also enables you to download Table pack 14 which is not present on PSN store.

Actually buying all the regular table packs individually would cost you $50 and all the pro packs would cost $80 (10 packs X $5/$8), so the season pass is a whale of a deal.

Pack 11, 12, & 13 are out on PSN now, and 14 & 15 are out on iOS, so they should follow soon.

EDIT:

Actually table pack 14 is included in the season pass too, but not as an individual purchase.  They must be giving early access to season pass holders, which is a nice touch.

#7380 Monkeydrummer

Monkeydrummer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

Been trying to download BF3 for about 20 minutes now, but I keep getting the "not enough space" error. After deleting things and having it show 30GB free under system information, I still get the error. Wtf? It is 12GB, so should only require 24GB free, right?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+