Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#781 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Is walking dead going to be cross play? Already bought the season pass for PS3. Would LOVE to replay the game on the vita at work again (even though its the same thing...).

#782 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Is walking dead going to be cross play? Already bought the season pass for PS3. Would LOVE to replay the game on the vita at work again (even though its the same thing...).

I'm betting it's not. Surely that game has sold so well that most Vita players would be getting it free making it not worth the investment. Personally, I wasn't enthralled with the game so I only played the first two episodes free from PS Plus, but I might be willing to buy it for Vita at the right price.

#783 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

I'm betting it's not. Surely that game has sold so well that most Vita players would be getting it free making it not worth the investment. Personally, I wasn't enthralled with the game so I only played the first two episodes free from PS Plus, but I might be willing to buy it for Vita at the right price.

I don't see where or even why you think it sold well enough that most or even a lot of Vita users have got it, but making it a cross buy wouldn't hurt the title. You seem to think PS3 sales would affect Vita sales, when in reality it would work the other way. Like I am sure the game is great, but I doubt I would rebuy it to play through again on the Vita. However, giving me the option of both would get more supporters, where as keeping it single would result in less, because there is less incentive.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#784 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

I don't see where or even why you think it sold well enough that most or even a lot of Vita users have got it, but making it a cross buy wouldn't hurt the title. You seem to think PS3 sales would affect Vita sales, when in reality it would work the other way. Like I am sure the game is great, but I doubt I would rebuy it to play through again on the Vita. However, giving me the option of both would get more supporters, where as keeping it single would result in less, because there is less incentive.

I assumed it was/is a very popular game that sold well on PSN. Therefore, if people already own it for PS3, they would automatically get it free on Vita if it was made to be cross-buy. I believe there are virtually no Vita owners who do not also own a PS3. Perhaps I am assuming too much and it didn't sell as well as I thought. Or perhaps I am assuming too much about how a cross-buy version would work when released for Vita. Yes, I agree that cross-buy would entice more people to buy it (including me), so maybe there are a lot more people out there similar to myself than I realized. I assumed I was one of the last few potential purchasers on the planet that hasn't purchased Walking Dead on some platform. :)

#785 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

i don't know how many people would rebuy it for vita if they've already beat it on ps3, so i think crossbuy might help sales for those on the fence. i'm target audience, love the comic, love the show, love gaming... but still haven't picked it up yet for some reason.

#786 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Id pick it up for vita if the price is right and we have a new set of trophies. Hopefuly more complex ones.

#787 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Id pick it up for vita if the price is right and we have a new set of trophies. Hopefuly more complex ones.

Like plants vs zombies for the vita it had new trophies.:)

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#788 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I really don't think Walking Dead is going to be cross-buy, but I think they should try to work in a cross-save feature if at all possible.

Has there been any cross-buy games yet where the PS3 version was released before the Vita version?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#789 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

did i seriously just miss a sale on Skyfighters after waiting forever for it to go on sale? Ugh.

anyone here play it? review? i have no idea how i missed it being on sale last month, it's not like i'm not paying attention and reading this thread.

#790 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

I really don't think Walking Dead is going to be cross-buy, but I think they should try to work in a cross-save feature if at all possible.

Has there been any cross-buy games yet where the PS3 version was released before the Vita version?

Star Drone.
Hustle King. (I am 99% sure HK is one anyway)

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#791 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Just take your time and enjoy this fantastic game. It's all about trial and error and not giving up. The wiki's are helpful if you need further details on how the World Tendencies work or any other questions.

Thanks!

Enjoy the game, focus on your actions and do not rush.
If you want to take it a little bit more easy on your first run choose Royal Class. I did that and it was a great experience, for my second run I will go Barbarian Class (one of the hardest to start up a new game).

Great suggestion! Noted! Thanks!

If you want to make Demon's Souls easier, keep your shield up, wait for the enemy to attack, then attack. Only take on one enemy at a time if you can. Always keep your shield up. Always.

I heard this as well, I will remember this golden rule.

Admit it: We're all waiting for TooPoor to die and then report back here. :twisted:

You are evil.

I am surprised that this many CAGs have challenged Demon's Souls, R.E.S.P.E.C.T. for you guys.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#792 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

wasn't R&C full frontal assault one?

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#793 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

wasn't R&C full frontal assault one?

Nope. The game was always intended to be a day 1 PS3/Vita game (as per the boxart), but it later got delayed (hence the sticker on the packaging) and has since been really delayed.

#794 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hustle Kings
Stardrone/Extreme
Street Fighter X Tekken DLC
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom DLC
Wipeout HD/Fury with Wipeout 2048
Zen Pinball 2

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#795 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

^Still, I highly doubt WD will be cross-buy. Which sucks, because I think its type of "gameplay" is suited best on a portable platform (hence its success on iOS).

#796 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Question about Demon's Souls for those that have played it. How can you tell if someone's invaded your world? Does it notify you, or do you only know when you see them? Also is there anyway to turn this off other than staying offline?

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#797 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Question about Demon's Souls for those that have played it. How can you tell if someone's invaded your world? Does it notify you, or do you only know when you see them? Also is there anyway to turn this off other than staying offline?

It tells you (you also can't leave the level unless you die or make it to the boss gate first). The only way to keep invaders from coming in without going offline is to play in soul form. Soul form gives you half HP but you can find a ring in the very first level that brings that up to 75% health. I played the entire game in soul form so it's not that big of a deal.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#798 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

The game will say something like "A phantom has invaded your realm" in red text and you will NOT be able to fight the boss till they leave or die. If I recall correctly, the game will say something like "you can not progress till you deal with the hostile spirits" or something to the effect at the boss gate.

As far as avoiding them, I believe being a spirit prevents them from joining. (kill yourself in the Nexus or whatever) Though it has been a while... I will say that they're fairly uncommon at a really low level and a really high level, since most people have a PVP build at 100 or thats how it use to be. I wouldn't worry about it, the game is so old that there probably aren't a lot of people anyway.

Edit:

Upon looking it up Gettinmoney is right, but I distinctly recall having paths blocked off or at least not being able to make it to the boss gate. In either case, disregard that bit.

Edited by admiralvic, 04 April 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#799 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

The game will say something like "A phantom has invaded your realm" in red text and you will NOT be able to fight the boss till they leave or die.

That's wrong.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#800 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

You will be notified.

As others have mentioned, your character can be in soul/dead form or alive/human form. you have less health in soul form, but can not summon or be invaded. also, you do a decent amount more damage and are stealthier, which offsets the health issue some. i played the vast majority of ds in soul form the first time through. the goal is not to get hit, so if you've got combat down damage trumps health anyway.

my recommendation -- after you die, stay dead on a level till you learn it. once you have a handle on it, go back to a previous world, drop a sign, and help someone kill a boss. this will return you to human form. alternatively, invade someone and kill them to get back to human if you're into pvp. (later you get other ways to regain humanity, but helping players kill bosses is always the funnest imo, plus great for souls).

now that you're human, go to the level you're working on, and you can summon help. i recommend summoning players with extremely odd names (sometimes just numbers and underscores) because they are often extremely skilled japanese players. this skill is more important if you get invaded by someone than the bosses, but it helps either way.

also, most pvp happens at specific level groupings. for the most part, you do not need to worry about getting griefed at low levels, but never say never. it happens, just rarely.

and of course, you can beat every boss in soul form alone if it comes down to it, though i think having companions adds to the experience.

all in all, don't worry about getting invaded. it isn't a big deal, but worth the adrenaline rush you get when you see the notification plus the joy of surviving one.

oh, and always bow when your enemy comes into view. it's the polite way.

#801 Raww

Raww

Special Agent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

I already see I got screwed on Gran Turismo 5 XL (though I hope Sony will fix it) and darksiders.com/tomb no longer works (probably due to THQ bankruptcy) so I missed that one.

Use this address for the Darksiders II Limited Edition Argul's Tomb DLC:
http://community.darksiders.com/tomb

#802 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Explanation of Demon's Souls Online Features

Guardian_owl.png

#803 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

just curious... is anyone else absolutely overwhelmed by their psn catalog? i mean, i have over 50 games just in my 'unsorted' folder, not to mention something like 50 ps1 games i've never played, and tons of 'sorted' games. 20 demos. a large pile of well reviewed games i'd probably love sitting in a folder (i've got like 25 folders, each with games).

overwhelmed. worse yet, i have no inclination to play most of them. or delete them. or sort them.

fwps.

#804 natureboy46

natureboy46

Fields of Anfield Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

just curious... is anyone else absolutely overwhelmed by their psn catalog? i mean, i have over 50 games just in my 'unsorted' folder, not to mention something like 50 ps1 games i've never played, and tons of 'sorted' games. 20 demos. a large pile of well reviewed games i'd probably love sitting in a folder (i've got like 25 folders, each with games).

overwhelmed. worse yet, i have no inclination to play most of them. or delete them. or sort them.

fwps.

Yeah, feel the same way. I've filled close to 800gbs of my 1tb drive. I honestly think I could probably go 2 years without needing to buy another game...not that I will. And damn you playstation plus - how can I resist full retail games for $5 or less, not to mention all of the free stuff.
"if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?" -ev

Posted Image

Posted Image

#805 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

fwps.

Yeah at the moment I got 155 games in PS3 folder. My problem is I start playing something then go back to other games. I need to just start focusing on one game and then move on. Also PS+ just keeps adding to the folder.

#806 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

So after getting slightly scared by the comments in this thread a week ago about expiring DLC/online pass codes, I went through my collection and found 16 codes that I hadn't redeemed. Out of the 16, only one was expired and that was the Disney Universe costume code, which ironically has no expiration date on the slip.

As for the PSN catalog, I have 130 Incomplete games and 76 100%/Completed games, so yes, I know exactly what you mean.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#807 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

Why the hell you can't sort them alphabetically I'll never understand. My PS3 crashed and when I re-downloaded things, I just did it in the order of whatever I could remember next. Now that's the order which all my games are sorted. Yuck.

decker%2001.jpg

#808 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

So after getting slightly scared by the comments in this thread a week ago about expiring DLC/online pass codes, I went through my collection and found 16 codes that I hadn't redeemed. Out of the 16, only one was expired and that was the Disney Universe costume code, which ironically has no expiration date on the slip.

As for the PSN catalog, I have 130 Incomplete games and 76 100%/Completed games, so yes, I know exactly what you mean.

You better not be talking about the Peter Pan outfit that came with the BB version of Disney Universe...if that's expired I'm going to be so full of RAGE!!!!!!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#809 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

I bought Deus Ex HR when it was on sale for $10. I'll probably start it off this weekend. Any recommendations on difficulty level? You can never be sure of how these games are scaled. I'm a proficient FPS player.

#810 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

I bought Deus Ex HR when it was on sale for $10. I'll probably start it off this weekend. Any recommendations on difficulty level? You can never be sure of how these games are scaled. I'm a proficient FPS player.

So does that mean your the type to go guns blazing? If you have patience and want a good challenge I would recommend hard unless you plan on going rambo on all levels.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+