Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#8551 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

I'm curious about the price of Chaos Rings. I'm sure Square Enix will overcharge, but I'm just wondering how by how much.

It's $9.99 (!) on Windows Phone, not sure what it is on other mobile platforms, but it's far and away the most expensive Windows Phone Xbox games.

It was already on Android, so they didn't need to do much work on it. That's the Square Enix way.

Everyday Shooter is Jonathan Mak's first PSN game, before Sound Shapes.

Oh cool.  

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#8552 Calipup

Calipup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

I would be fine receiving what EU got for their PS+ but I want to see more Vita love. VLR was a great game, but everything else just seems lack luster to me.

CaliPup.png

#8553 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

Everyday Shooter is the first PSN game I ever bought, and I'd gladly buy it again.  

It's one of, if not the, most inventive and original dual stick shooters ever. 

I didn't realize he went on to make Sound Shapes.  That explains a lot, actually.

#8554 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

I'll murder you and everyone you love. 

This.

Everyday Shooter is Jonathan Mak's first PSN game, before Sound Shapes.

Well that just sold me.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#8555 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Everyday Shooter was basically a one-man game from Jonathan Mak before he formed more of a team for Sound Shapes and he had one of the more unique posts on the PS Blog before the game's launch:

http://blog.us.plays...r-jonathan-mak/

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#8556 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Everyday Shooter was basically a one-man game from Jonathan Mak before he formed more of a team for Sound Shapes and he had one of the more unique posts on the PS Blog before the game's launch:

http://blog.us.plays...r-jonathan-mak/

Thanks for that link Frisky that was quite entertaining lol. All I gotta say is:

"As I’m writing this, I’m talking to a game developer who’s friends throw pig’s blood at each other."

^What?!? lol

@Tyler The sequel, Chaos Rings 2, is freaking $15.99. Square enix is WAY out there with their mobile pricing.

#8557 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

@Tyler The sequel, Chaos Rings 2, is freaking $15.99. Square enix is WAY out there with their mobile pricing.

Except that they keep doing it because the games are always on the top sellers lists.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#8558 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Except that they keep doing it because the games are always on the top sellers lists.

Yeah you're right. Really can't blame them when people just eat them up regardless of price lol. I'd keep that price point too then. I just never spend or want to spend enough time on my phone to have a $10-$16 rpg on there.

#8559 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

Namco-Bandai is releasing another psn exclusive on Sept 25: Ace Combat Infinity

Here's the trailer:

#8560 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

It looks like I'll definitely be picking up Critter Crunch then after reading all the recommendations here. 

Here's what IGN has to say about Critter Crunch for the PS3. 

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#8561 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Atlus' parent company will begin auctioning off its assets and subsidiaries as early as next week. I shudder to think what this thread will become if Microsoft swoops in.  :rofl:

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#8562 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

Atlus' parent company will begin auctioning off its assets and subsidiaries as early as next week. I shudder to think what this thread will become if Microsoft swoops in.  :rofl:

Anarchy  :twoguns:

#8563 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

I doubt MS will bother. They really aren't that interested in Japanese centric games since the Xbox sells so poorly there. If anyone at Nintendo had half a brain they'd be buying up the studios l. They're in desperate need of new IP's and fresh ideas. Probably wont happen and you'll see Sega and Zenimax buy up everything.

#8564 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

I know this didn't get much traction before, but if you tried to navigate your Download List recently and saw that it had ballooned by a ton of entries, it should be fixed now. Mine was over 6100 entries long for the past few weeks, but now it's back to just over 3500 for me. I think the major issue for my download list is that every PS+ update that I grabbed stuff appeared on the list when it was purchased along with occasional dumps of a bigger list of PS+ purchases whenever I renewed my sub, even if it was just a 30 day code extension, and then the final big group of all of my PS+ content at the last time that I renewed a few months ago. 

Wow, having just replaced my YLOD fat PS3 and spending tons of time in my DL list, I thought I was going crazy with the dupe entries.  This explains it!!! I'm not crazy!! :bow:

#8565 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

They're not a big enough developer but boy oh boy would it piss a ton of people off.

Xecutioner
CML

#8566 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Awesome. Knowing that Critter Crunch will be $1 means that I can skip it at the steam sale.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8567 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $19.99

http://blog.us.plays...-coming-to-ps3/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#8568 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Namco-Bandai is releasing another psn exclusive on Sept 25: Ace Combat Infinity

Here's the trailer:

Bad Namco.

Who plays Ace Combat by the way? Oh wait I DON'T KNOW!

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#8569 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Bad Namco.

Who plays Ace Combat by the way? Oh wait I DON'T KNOW!

:bow:

#8570 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

I do! I am super excited for this news. Rumor has it that it will be a F2P title. That and the Atlus news are a big shakeup for me.

#8571 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $19.99
http://blog.us.plays...-coming-to-ps3/

Looks like a buy for me then.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8572 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Critter Crunch and Everyday Shooter seem like they should be on Vita too, but they aren't.

Crunchewy.png

#8573 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Stealth looks tempting but too frustrating/hard from the trailer.

Cloudberry Kingdom I won't even touch, way above my skill or patience level these days.

Ducktales might be fun, I do have vague memories of playing the original on the NES. But not for $11.

I can't get Playstation Mobile to work on my Motorola Photon Q. It has 4G and the latest version of Android. (I think)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#8574 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

If any console maker buys Atlus, the entire gaming internet will melt for a week. 

I think it's very unlikely that MS would do it.

Somewhat possible for Sony or Nintendo.

But I also think it's vastly more likely that an entirely different company gets them. 

#8575 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Quick small gripe about the PSN online store, but we should be able to redownload things we've already downloaded right from the product page rather than from the download list.

For example, I downloaded the Jet Set Radio demo when it came out, so when I checked out with the free game just now, it only added the unlock key to the top.  Now, as far as I can tell, the only way to re-queue the demo to download is scroll through my download list.  

#8576 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

I doubt MS will bother. They really aren't that interested in Japanese centric games since the Xbox sells so poorly there. If anyone at Nintendo had half a brain they'd be buying up the studios l. They're in desperate need of new IP's and fresh ideas. Probably wont happen and you'll see Sega and Zenimax buy up everything.

What you said here is the only reason that MS WOULD be interested. Grab all the Atlus titles, they'd be 360/One exclusives, and all of a sudden they're selling consoles in Japan.

Other folks have pointed out valid reasons they wouldn't, but yours is the only reason I can think of that they'd actually consider it.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

Ohridgens

#8577 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

EA is going to buy Atlus.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#8578 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

As long as MS doesnt get them I'm cool. I'd prefer a non console company, or Sony. But Nintendo would be good as well
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8579 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Wait till the OUYA people buy Atlus...

#8580 casanon

casanon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

On the Dreamcast version you couldn't make out 70% of the cinemas, they were nothing but black, and they seemed to fix it on the PS2 version.  Could've just been my version though.

I agree that the Dreamcast version was the superior version, but just wanted to sympathize with Gden because I had a similarly glitchy DC (non-bootleg) Grandia 2. About halfway through the game it started freezing after every fight and I would have to reboot the system and had to avoid every enemy (except bosses) to beat the game. I also had atleast one cutscene that was just voices and no picture. I think I just had a bad Dreamcast though because Grandia 2 wasn't my only problem game. So, yeah, still one of my favorite games though.