Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#871 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

What are the chances that Okami HD will be discounted during the Spring Fever sale? Has it ever been lower than it's current $19.99 price point?

I'm still waiting and holding out hope for PS Plus one day - especially now that EU is getting it. I know it sounds crazy since US doesn't get a lot of what EU gets, but I am wary of buying anything I have seen on PS Plus EU unless I can get it very cheap.

#872 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

What are the chances that Okami HD will be discounted during the Spring Fever sale? Has it ever been lower than it's current $19.99 price point?

I hope it does get discounted, and nah, it's never been cheaper.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#873 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Probably about 32.33 (repeating of course) percentage of it going on sale...

Actually, it seems possible. It's been over 5 months since it released and since it's free over in EU, seems like they may want to put it on sale over here as well. It's never been less than $19.99 here before.

That being said, it's pretty easy to get a 30 Day PS+ Trial for EU regions, create an EU account on your PS3, reedem the trial, and download the PS+ EU games for you to play on your main account. As long as your willing to bump Okami HD to the top of your backlog and play it right away, it's a pretty sweet deal. That's what I'm doing with Okami right now and what a did with Sleeping Dogs a few months back. I'll be taking advantage of Thomas Was Alone at the end of the month as well.

where can I get one? I tried the FB promo twice and never received any emails:cry:
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#874 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

where can I get one? I tried the FB promo twice and never received any emails:cry:

That's odd. I've had no problems getting them from that promo with different accounts.

Otherwise I've gotten 2 different ones in the PSN code drop thread, they usually hang around a while because nobody redeems them, so you may want to go back a few pages and see if there are any unused ones yet. Alternatively you could look for one on the trade thread, might cost you a few bucks tho.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#875 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

That's odd. I've had no problems getting them from that promo with different accounts.

Otherwise I've gotten 2 different ones in the PSN code drop thread, they usually hang around a while because nobody redeems them, so you may want to go back a few pages and see if there are any unused ones yet. Alternatively you could look for one on the trade thread, might cost you a few bucks tho.

do I need to make a EU facebook account for it to work? And thanks, I'll go check there

#876 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

do I need to make a EU facebook account for it to work? And thanks, I'll go check there

No I just used my alt US Facebook accounts to get the 2 codes that I got.

https://www.facebook...106681779474103

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#877 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

No I just used my alt US Facebook accounts to get the 2 codes that I got.

https://www.facebook...106681779474103

ok, I just created a new facebook account (decided to make it for a character I'm fond of), so we'll see if anything comes of this. Couple more questions (if you don't mind):

Can these be stacked, or can I use another after the 30 days run out?
Do I need CC info to redeem on my account?
Can I play the content on my name account (I think I already know the answer, but wanted to confirm)?

#878 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Black Rock Shooter will be out in a few weeks:

NIS America is extremely happy to announce that Black Rock Shooter The Game will release on PlayStation®Portable via PlayStation®Network on April 23 in the US and April 24 in Europe. This title will not be available on PSN in Canada, Mexico, and select countries in Europe due to licensing and copyright restrictions.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#879 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Black Rock Shooter will be out in a few weeks:

I was wondering when that game would come. I might pick it up with the $20 I'm getting back.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#880 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

I completely forgot about that game's existence, mainly due to the fact it was announced for the US & then pretty much nothing else was talked about. Think the last I heard of it was from August 2012......not to mention it was announced for the US & Europe in August 2011.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#881 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

I knew I forgot to do something. PS+ renewed today automatically - if I'd have done it a week ago, I'd have gotten $10 back. Whoops.

#882 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

i got demon soles for $10 like 3 years ago, what a joke
Posted Image

#883 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

you mean you paid $10 for something like this
Spoiler

:applause:

#884 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

The rare pure blade-shoe drop in that game was killer.
Posted Image

#885 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

i've still got my fingers crossed for it on vita. please, please, gaming gods.

how dare they give away $10 shoes when you're only paying $4 a month.

#886 Agent Hero

Agent Hero

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Deals on download-only PSP games found on Gamestop's web site used to be included in this thread. Sorry if this is no longer the case, but I just saw a mark down for Jeanne D' Arc:

http://www.gamestop....anne-darc/88492

Regularly $22.99
Now $14.99

#887 DiscoSmoke

DiscoSmoke

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

ok, I just created a new facebook account (decided to make it for a character I'm fond of), so we'll see if anything comes of this. Couple more questions (if you don't mind):

Can these be stacked, or can I use another after the 30 days run out?
Do I need CC info to redeem on my account?
Can I play the content on my name account (I think I already know the answer, but wanted to confirm)?

eurogamer.net still has PS+ trial codes available, you just have to join their site.
www.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=87209

#888 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Deals on download-only PSP games found on Gamestop's web site used to be included in this thread. Sorry if this is no longer the case, but I just saw a mark down for Jeanne D' Arc:

http://www.gamestop....anne-darc/88492

Regularly $22.99
Now $14.99

there's a couple of more discounted digital games for whoever is interested just go to the psp section

http://www.gamestop.com/deals

#889 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

Trying to get through PS+ backlog and just skipping through games I'm not too interested in, but have a question:

Zombie Apocalypse, the third mission end sequence seems to ramp up difficulty very high in.short order, and my team in single player is getting killed faster than I can heal them. Am I missing something? Do I need to replay the first two levels over a lot to build the characters? was going to move on but seem odd to hit a wall so fast

#890 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

eurogamer.net still has PS+ trial codes available, you just have to join their site.

www.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=87209

how do US people get around the credit card billing information part?

#891 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

Trying to get through PS+ backlog and just skipping through games I'm not too interested in, but have a question:

Zombie Apocalypse, the third mission end sequence seems to ramp up difficulty very high in.short order, and my team in single player is getting killed faster than I can heal them. Am I missing something? Do I need to replay the first two levels over a lot to build the characters? was going to move on but seem odd to hit a wall so fast

If you're getting killed at all, you're not playing defensively enough. There was no real need for grinding in that game.

#892 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

If you're getting killed at all, you're not playing defensively enough. There was no real need for grinding in that game.

Ok. I am just carelessly running and.gunning. the first two levels are so stupidly easy I didn't think ofanother way to play, lol. Long week. Brain exhausted.....

#893 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

Level 3 is the hardest level in the game. Although AkariK says you don't need to, I played level 2 repeatedly to upgrade my weapons and special abilities for everyone to at least level 3 I think.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#894 Morpha

Morpha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

Tempting to get The Walking Dead at that 10.00 price. But is the game really worth it? I hear it plays kind of like Sam & Max, and I hated that game so much. It was so boring and the controls were horrible...

#895 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

Tempting to get The Walking Dead at that 10.00 price. But is the game really worth it? I hear it plays kind of like Sam & Max, and I hated that game so much. It was so boring and the controls were horrible...

play the first episode. If you don't like it, you would probably have a hard time getting into the rest, though personally I loved it (and this is coming from someone that just finish the first episode of BTtF and did not enjoy it one bit). Easily their best work:applause:

#896 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

play the first episode. If you don't like it, you would probably have a hard time getting into the rest, though personally I loved it (and this is coming from someone that just finish the first episode of BTtF and did not enjoy it one bit). Easily their best work:applause:

Would someone that's never watched the show or read the comics enjoy the game at all? (Stupid Netflix backlog)

#897 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

Would someone that's never watched the show or read the comics enjoy the game at all? (Stupid Netflix backlog)

It's not at all related to the show, and I've never read the comics/graphics novels, and loved it. So yes, most definitely I think anyone would enjoy it:applause:

#898 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

It doesn't really play like Sam & Max at all outside of just being adventure games. The Walking Dead has direct controls and much less of a focus on puzzles. The first episode is free, so there's no reason to not play it and see for yourself if it's something want to keep playing.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#899 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

gah. still somewhat frustrated I did not get on EU PS+ when it was 20pounds at GAME.CO.UK... (with the 15months promotion now.. it's a steal!)

would have wanted Okami HD (loved it on the PS2)

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#900 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

just encase anyone is unaware, the buy 12 get 3 PS+ deal is still active. I'd thought it had ended back in march, but their FB says different:D