Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#9631 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

agreed. i got where you are a few monthes back and just put it down.

The puzzles were tough up until stage 6. The later stages are very easy and almost seem like they had a quota for number of levels, but ran out of steam and refused to cut back. One of the last levels of stage 10 involves me running up a hill and killing like 5 enemies. And that was one of the toughest levels of the stage.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#9632 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

Dokuro's a great game in my opinion, but the difficulty curve really doesn't make sense.  It randomly goes up and down.

I enjoyed the game throughout, but I could understand how others may feel like it's bloated.  But I think it really just depends on how much you enjoy the game.  Stealth Inc has 64 main levels and 16 bonus levels and I feel like that was way too short.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#9633 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:26 AM

Plants vs. Zombies is so fuckin boring, how do you guys play this game more than once?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9634 Kaiselius

Kaiselius

Serial Self-Molester

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

Plants vs. Zombies is so fuckin boring, how do you guys play this game more than once?

I don't know, I loved it. I've maxed my tree(or gotten everything you can possibly get from it anyways), and played through the campaign a few dozen times and played the mini-games god knows howmany times.

#9635 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

I agree. Dont get the hype. That game was literally just a platinum to me. Most people that tell me how amazing it is are usually girls. Not trying to offend anyone.

512847.png

#9636 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

I agree. Dont get the hype. That game was literally just a platinum to me. Most people that tell me how amazing it is are usually girls.

And we all know girls don't know nothin about no games.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#9637 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

I agree. Dont get the hype. That game was literally just a platinum to me. Most people that tell me how amazing it is are usually girls. Not trying to offend anyone.

I'm a guy and I absolutely adore PvZ. I don't know, I guess it just doesn't click for everyone, but I've played it and loved it on PC, PS3, iOS, and Android (only one I haven't finished). Believe it or not it is one of the games I'm most dying to play the Vita when I buy one. I love that game to death (pun not intended) ^_^

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#9638 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

It's taking me forever to platinum the game.  All I have to do is finish my second playthrough (I just finished 3-5) but I can only take 2-3 levels at a time.  I also think tower defense games suck so that's probably why.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9639 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

I can play through the PvZ campaign about once a year and really enjoy it (I've played it on 360, Windows Phone, and Vita) but the grinding and replaying required for the Vita platinum just ins't gonna happen for me.  It gets too monotonous to me.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#9640 breakfuss

breakfuss

Malicious Baiter ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

LOL. I feel that way about tower defense in general. They do make for decent couch co-op, though. 

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#9641 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

To the people who beat the Guacamelee challenge rooms, how do you beat room 12 without pollo power?  I can get past the first two sections fine but keep fuckin up with the third one.

That chicken throwing one is probably going to take me awhile to do as well.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9642 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

It's taking me forever to platinum the game.  All I have to do is finish my second playthrough (I just finished 3-5) but I can only take 2-3 levels at a time.  I also think tower defense games suck so that's probably why.

Same here. Just have that one trophy left and been working on it slowly.

512847.png

#9643 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

I'm a guy and I absolutely adore PvZ. I don't know, I guess it just doesn't click for everyone, but I've played it and loved it on PC, PS3, iOS, and Android (only one I haven't finished). Believe it or not it is one of the games I'm most dying to play the Vita when I buy one. I love that game to death (pun not intended) ^_^

Agreed. I've played through the main campaign of the game at least 20 times by now over various platforms (PC, PS3, Xbox 360, iOS, Vita, and Android) and it's fun every time. The Android version is terrible since it's the same as the gimped original iOS release minus the post-launch support and option to turn it into the full version of the game. The iOS version isn't much better because you have to grind hundreds of thousands of coins to unlock all of the mini-games, puzzles, and survival levels, but at least there's a way to get it.

The best stuff is unlocked once the first playthrough of the campaign is complete since all of the mini-games, puzzles, survival, and second campaign stuff are unlocked then.

It's disappointing that Popcap's fucked up the sequel by making it an iOS exclusive with no word of a PC/Console release.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#9644 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

To the people who beat the Guacamelee challenge rooms, how do you beat room 12 without pollo power?  I can get past the first two sections fine but keep fuckin up with the third one.

Room 12?  The one where you have to duck under the moving big blocks?  Just fall down, double jump, then uppercut up.  For the last one, fall, double jump, blue punch forward, uppercut back up.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#9645 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Room 12?  The one where you have to duck under the moving big blocks?  Just fall down, double jump, then uppercut up.  For the last one, fall, double jump, blue punch forward, uppercut back up.

Don't you only get one jump after you fall?  Maybe I'm spazzing and hitting the jump button too much, but I'm pretty sure the fall counts as one of the jumps in the double jump.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9646 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

Don't you only get one jump after you fall?  Maybe I'm spazzing and hitting the jump button too much, but I'm pretty sure the fall counts as one of the jumps in the double jump.

Yeah, you only get one jump, sorry I just meant use the 2nd part of your double jump.

Other than that, I dunno what to tell ya.  That was probably the easiest challenge for me to get Gold on.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#9647 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

Oh man, PvZ has a plat? I didn't know. I guess after I finish up Skyrim that's going to be my next point of interest. I can play that game over and over. Beat it on PC, then 360, iPhone, and next Vita.

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3

#9648 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

I can play through the PvZ campaign about once a year and really enjoy it (I've played it on 360, Windows Phone, and Vita) but the grinding and replaying required for the Vita platinum just ins't gonna happen for me.  It gets too monotonous to me.

I had to stop playing it for like a week then start again to finish that one off, got so boring near the end. When I finished, I deleted it off my Vita and have no will to ever touch it again

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9649 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

So I've made it to stage 11 in Dokoru. People keep saying it gets better as you go along, so I keep waiting for that. With 16 stages total, I'm going to go ahead and say this game is a good...9 stages too long.

if you're not feeling it by then, you won't.   i don't really remember what stage 11 is... how many bosses is that?   i don't like platformers that much, but found the charm of the game 'just enough' to finish and enjoy the game.

#9650 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

i really enjoyed pvz the first time through on ios... but i like tower defense games.

i kinda-sorta enjoyed the first vita playthrough.  given i'd already beat it, i got through it.  it wasn't really challenging enough to keep my interest.  playing through it again for the plat was downright painful, and i never want to play it again, ever.

i heard the ios sequel is a In-app-purchase nightmare of epic proportions, so have no interest in that whatsoever.

#9651 GaminFanatic

GaminFanatic

CAG Apprentice

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Sorry if this has been answered already but what are your guys thoughts on Defiance? For only $10, it seems like it might be worth it but I don't play MMO's at all and I heard the game is pretty buggy.

#9652 rpg

rpg

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

down,yellow power,blue,red,double jump

For the chicken throw use el portero,kicks far.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#9653 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

Welcome back, thread has been pretty quiet lately while you've been away (coincidence?) :grouphug:

Who are you?

Exactly, just the white noise that makes CAG look lively when everyone else is away/the ghost of a drowned mariner stuck in the body of a plastic drink bottle.

maybe? i hear people love the game.   so maybe it just wasn't jiving w/ me at the time.   it was during the big kmart super coupon chain thing, so i had to beat and sell, beat and sell, to keep afloat.   max payne 3 didn't 'grab' me, so... i sold it.  doesn't mean i actually gave it a fair chance, since it's not like i'm always in the mood for a 3rd person shooter. 

i'm wondering if people here think it's a steal at 7.50 or not and worth giving a second chance.

I don't know, are you playing it for the story? ;)

You're right, the first 1/2-2/3 of the game are introduced way too slow for a "real" gamer, especially on repeat plays, but once you start unlocking things and it stops holding your hands it gets even better.  What the exact charm of it is hard to say since there are definitely better games out there but the art, music and whimsy are so polished and well executed that I adore it.  I think a lot of the problem that gamers have is that they sit down and try to play it hardcore like they would a AAA title when it's still a casual game (albeit one that's tailored to hardcore gamers as well).  I got to 100% (or extremely close) five times over two years (twice on PC, twice on Android and once on iOS) and once I got past the hand holding was every bit as fun as the first time.

I'm only a girl on the inside, a pretty one.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#9654 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

You should go check your bank account or something, they have probably charged you already.

I checked my ps wallet & CC, no charge.  Confirmed that my trial is up.

#9655 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

So I just finished God of War 2 yesterday (just need to finish stupid Challenge of the Titans trophy for the plat), and I was wondering what the suggested next game in the series is. I know Chains of Olympus came out before 3, but I know that 3 directly continues right where 2 left off. Are there major story elements in CoO I'll miss if I don't play it first?

#9656 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

So I just finished God of War 2 yesterday (just need to finish stupid Challenge of the Titans trophy for the plat), and I was wondering what the suggested next game in the series is. I know Chains of Olympus came out before 3, but I know that 3 directly continues right where 2 left off. Are there major story elements in CoO I'll miss if I don't play it first?

I bought the red system with all the games so I had to figure out the order to play them in as well.  If you want to play them chronologically then 3 comes after 2 with Chains of Olympus coming directly (and I mean directly) before 1 and Ghost of Sparta between 1 and 2.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#9657 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Nope. Go to 3. CoO is a prequel.

TheFurryPanda.png

#9658 rpg

rpg

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

play 1-3 then

-God of War: Chains of Olympus

-God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Chronological:
God of War: Ascension
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War:1
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
God of War:2
God of War:3

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#9659 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Thanks y'all. I've knew CoO was a prequel, but I've heard people say to play in release order because of story elements and stuff. But I kind of wanted to just keep that main story going with 3, then have the two PSP ones for last.

#9660 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Thanks y'all. I've knew CoO was a prequel, but I've heard people say to play in release order because of story elements and stuff. But I kind of wanted to just keep that main story going with 3, then have the two PSP ones for last.

I'm only like half way through the series but the PSP versions, while not awful, are a far cry from the core games.  I started with CoO and never having played GoW it wasn't bad but as soon as I started GoW1 the difference was night and day.

Trade List

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+