Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#1231 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

When I subscribe to PS+, I'm signing up for the whole package because these things affect every single game on the system and not just the few games we also get for free each month. If I'm not getting these, then it's a terrible deal no matter what games are offered.

1. I'm sorry, but your solution to the cloud save problem is stupid. The whole point is that it's done automatically, so moving hundreds of saves over to another account and then doing that after every time I play games is so asinine that it wouldn't work. I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that certain game's saves don't work cross-region, so that's another issue there.

2. I believe updates are released at different times based on the region and I'd have to know for a fact that US retail games work with EU updates. That may be the most flexible thing, but still a big question mark.

3. Getting into the UK PSN ecosystem requires a big financial investment because I'd have to be constantly buying UK PSN cards at a loss and then I'd have major digital and phsyical purchases across two regions, which would be a big headache to keep track of all of that so I don't waste money on DLC I can't use. That's why when I make purchases in foreign PSN stores, it's only for exclusive content that I'll never see in US PSN (Dark Mist, Flight Control HD, Hot Shots Minigolf, etc.) because it doesn't make sense to do it otherwise.

4. I'm not going through the hassle of switching between regions on a Vita. It's not happening, so that's a third of the IGC content that would be completely unavailable to me.

So those are some huge hurdles to overcome in the switch over to EU PS+ before I even start on the games. It's silly to try to suggest that these are minor issues.

To the rest of the discussion:

Looking at the current lineup, I'd only care about F1 Race Stars and MotorStorm Apocalypse and the latter's incompatibility with my retail/NA save is a huge mood killer. I enjoyed F1 Race Stars from when I had the EU PS+ trial. I already have Okami HD on US PSN, The Cave from US PS+, already purchased Joe Danger 2, Quantum Conundrum from US PS+, Puddle on Vita US PSN, LBP2 from US PS+, and Infamous 2 from US PS+. I don't care about Hitman Absolution or Lord of the Rings: War in the North or I would've gotten them in one of the many recent sales for each game. Mass Effect 3 from the past month or two was a bad choice because nobody should be playing the last part of the trilogy if they haven't done the prior two installments, as I'm working on ME2 on Xbox 360 to make a free copy of the PS3 game so pointless.

The notion that EU PS+ is objectively better just by the games alone is completely silly because of everybody's personal collections that can kill the lineup from the "opposing" region from being nearly as good for some people as it is to others. Objectively, it's a very good lineup and I'd say the same about the US PS+ lineup, but which is better is a completely subject thing in every way.

Please debate this in the proper thread so as to not clutter up Frisky's thread which he has worked so har....wait a minute...

Seriously though the big thing that sucks about an EU account is having a source to buy crap from the store. They make it ridiculously hard when you can't use US paypal or credit cards and such.

Also the Vita thing sucks big time. I would have already bought another Vita if it worked like PS3.

Having said that, I still love having both a US and EU PS+ account. They're both worth it and it isn't really an annoyance at all to me aside from what I said above.

#1232 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

No.

Dang. Thanks for the response.

Wow, really? This is sarcastic to right? One extra button press cant be that hard for you.

I always look forward to that screen in order to see if any game updates occured or poossibly any new demos that may have auto downloaded.

Hm? What's with the hostile response? I was merely asking a question.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#1233 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Please debate this in the proper thread so as to not clutter up Frisky's thread which he has worked so har....wait a minute...

Seriously though the big thing that sucks about an EU account is having a source to buy crap from the store. They make it ridiculously hard when you can't use US paypal or credit cards and such.

Also the Vita thing sucks big time. I would have already bought another one if it worked like PS3.

Having said that, I still love having both a US and EU PS+ account. They're both worth it and it isn't really an annoyance at all to me aside from what I said above.

It's cool that you're enjoying EU PS+ despite the negatives. I just get a little annoyed at the people that try to suggest that everybody has to agree that the service is objectively better when there are legitimate reasons why it's not better for everybody, games or not.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#1234 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

The Playstation Allstars week if the Spring Sale has a lot of potential. I still haven't picked PSABR up yet so getting it cheap would be great, plus all the games that could be on sale from characters in the game. Will be saving my $20 back for that week most likely. Though I would like to see RE4 HD in the $5-$8 range.

#1235 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

It's cool that you're enjoying EU PS+ despite the negatives. I just get a little annoyed at the people that try to suggest that everybody has to agree that the service is objectively better when there are legitimate reasons why it's not better for everybody, games or not.

The problem is that your "legitimate reasons" are purely based off your own subjective views of the program. The fact is that you owning a US account and not wanting to change regions, doesn't instantly add value in the aforementioned features, since every region offers the exact same things. The only differences are sales / IGC offerings, which is where a lot of the personal preferences come into play. Thats cool you don't agree with others, but the argument is what they're offering vs what we're offering, not "why EU plus isn't better because I have a US account" like you seem to think it is.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1236 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

The Playstation Allstars week if the Spring Sale has a lot of potential. I still haven't picked PSABR up yet so getting it cheap would be great, plus all the games that could be on sale from characters in the game. Will be saving my $20 back for that week most likely. Though I would like to see RE4 HD in the $5-$8 range.

When do these sales usually go live? My PS+ is set to expire on 04/30, is there any chance that I'll be able to catch this sale? I know I've tried to get PS+ updates on Tuesday before just to find that the store hadn't been updated, so now I just always go on Wednesdays.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#1237 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

The problem is that your "legitimate reasons" are purely based off your own subjective views of the program. The fact is that you owning a US account and not wanting to change regions, doesn't instantly add value in the aforementioned features, since every region offers the exact same things. The only differences are sales / IGC offerings, which is where a lot of the personal preferences come into play. Thats cool you don't agree with others, but the argument is what they're offering vs what we're offering, not "why EU plus isn't better because I have a US account" like you seem to think it is.

The reasons are legitimate regardless of whether they are subjective or not. His point is that already having a US PS+ account makes getting the EU PS+ account more problematic than it's worth, at least according to him.

Furthermore, if those things that both programs offer don't work for everybody equally, then they aren't exactly the same. If automatic updates works with my US PS+ but not if I get EU PS+ because the game it is updating is from a different region, then no, both Plus programs do not offer the same thing.

My overall view of the argument (and why I posted that Pepsi/Coke comment) is if you really don't like US Plus and think EU Plus is killing it, go sign up for EU Plus. Nobody is stopping you. Every now and then, people come in here and whine about how much EU Plus is so much better but don't do anything about it. Go switch.

When do these sales usually go live? My PS+ is set to expire on 04/30, is there any chance that I'll be able to catch this sale? I know I've tried to get PS+ updates on Tuesday before just to find that the store hadn't been updated, so now I just always go on Wednesdays.

Every second Saturday of the month.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1238 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

You will have to renew your Plus subscription, since the 30th is on a Tuesday. Of course you can see what the deals are going to be that week for Plus on Monday so that can help decide if you should renew for that update or wait for a better one.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#1239 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Pepsi sucks. Coke is way better. Sure, I could just start drinking Coke but it's more fun to keep drinking Pepsi and whine about how much better Coke is.

I prefer orange Crush 8-)
Posted Image

#1240 Donuts

Donuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Wow, really? This is sarcastic to right? One extra button press cant be that hard for you.

I always look forward to that screen in order to see if any game updates occured or poossibly any new demos that may have auto downloaded.

In his defense, I want to know the answer to his question too. I don't set my ps3 to download random demos without my knowledge (space is almost full) so the only downloads I expect are cloud saves being updated and system updates. I could care less as far as updating saves, if you do it, just don't bug me about it. Let me navigate to my music folder or the ps store without actually switching my monitor over to the ps3's video input and leave the notifications for firmware updates or the like.

#1241 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

The reasons are legitimate regardless of whether they are subjective or not. His point is that already having a US PS+ account makes getting the EU PS+ account more problematic than it's worth, at least according to him.

Furthermore, if those things that both programs offer don't work for everybody equally, then they aren't exactly the same. If automatic updates works with my US PS+ but not if I get EU PS+ because the game it is updating is from a different region, then no, both Plus programs do not offer the same thing.

My overall view of the argument (and why I posted that Pepsi/Coke comment) is if you really don't like US Plus and think EU Plus is killing it, go sign up for EU Plus. Nobody is stopping you. Every now and then, people come in here and whine about how much EU Plus is so much better but don't do anything about it. Go switch.

If I could step in for a minute, I think the start of this whole things was just an off hand statement that if you take the US's current IGC and compare it to Europe's, one looks a lot better than the other. No one is trying to argue whether it is worth the effort to get a EU plus account if you live in the US (I think most would agree its not worth that effort). Just one list is more appealing than the other for a lot of people. If this weren't a regional thing and they allowed users to choose from list a or list b, I would suspect that an overwhelming majority of people would choose the list that corresponds to Europe's collection.

#1242 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

I never said they weren't legitimate, just noted that they're more subjective in nature. Additionally, they have little to no relevance to the IGC offerings, which is always what this topic is about. Anything else is moot, since the features would work the same if you choose to use a different region account and the cost is almost the same for the average EU and US consumer.

Unless I have absolutely no understanding of how the automatic updates work (I don't use them, think it's a stupid feature), they should be going off the game ID and would either download the correct one or nothing at all. If it is the former, then it doesn't matter which region you get it from and if it's the latter, then it wouldn't have as much value for anyone who has anything from another region (in my case, a lot of games).

I agree with this and fully believe the people constantly complaining should just bite the bullet. However, I don't think that is enough of a reason to discount the arguments either. If everyone just "accepts" the offerings that they "don't like", then you only have yourself to blame for the problems going forward. Without a doubt people can be more civil about it, but I suppose that will never change.

If I could step in for a minute, I think the start of this whole things was just an off hand statement that if you take the US's current IGC and compare it to Europe's, one looks a lot better than the other. No one is trying to argue whether it is worth the effort to get a EU plus account if you live in the US (I think most would agree its not worth that effort). Just one list is more appealing than the other for a lot of people. If this weren't a regional thing and they allowed users to choose from list a or list b, I would suspect that an overwhelming majority of people would choose the list that corresponds to Europe's collection.

This is correct. I do believe all of my posts have reflected this too.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1243 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

No, my point is that stating EU PS+ is better than US PS+ is a completely subjective thing instead of the way that GT tried to say it was so much of an objective fact that nobody should even need to say anything. We don't all have to objectively agree that they get better games because "better" is completely up to the individual person's tastes. Hitman Absolution appeals to everybody differently, so it's a great thing for some and others don't care. I even went over just the EU lineup to show that the appeal is subjective, though it's objectively a very good lineup.

That entire post was me stating my own personal, subjective opinion on the services as a whole and you were arguing why they shouldn't count to me. Of course US PS+ having those features is important because if I subscribed to another region's PS+, those games are being played with my US PSN account, so those features lose most of their value because they generally require that my main PSN account be of the same region to benefit from them.

#1244 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

This game looks like it'll be part of the Spring Fever Sale! Looks interesting from what was described.

http://www.joystiq.c...ystiq (Joystiq)
Posted Image

#1245 ohram

ohram

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

I prefer orange Crush 8-)

You're a sick boy, but you're this thread's problem now.
:twoguns:

#1246 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Check the second post in the OP for all of the details on Spring Fever 2013 that we have.

#1247 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

The deal will go live sometime Tuesday afternoon. Since that is the exact day that your PS+ expires, I don't know what time that day it will expire (I would think 11:59pm but I don't know).

Anyways, just keep an eye on the PS Store starting 4/30 in the afternoon and also an eye on the PS Blog. As soon is the update is up, get on the store and see if your PS+ is still active and see if you can get in on the deals.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1248 Solh0und

Solh0und

King of the backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Find it odd that the BL2 season pass was on sale with every other platform except sony's :(

#1249 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

I am loving Vita 2.10! Went from 5 pages to 2 because of folders (I don't even have that many game icons)... now if only they'd let me just delete those useless forced apps.

I moved all the apps i don't care about (welcome park, near, etc) to the last 'page'. This lets me keep critical apps on my first page (content manager, etc).

Then i have vita games, then demos, then psp games, then ps1 games, then minis. And then the crap i never want to see again... which is now also folderized just for the hell of it.

I just wish i could find some more good vita wallpapers. i spent a couple hours once looking for them and only found like 3 i liked, plus some usable generic ones (ie, a color wash with 'ps1 games' text).

RE: COKE/PEPSI/ORANGE CRUSH...

EU definitely has us beat there. They still use real sugar in every country I've visited outside the US. I'd switch to the EU plan immediately if they offered it here. (i can sometimes find the 'throwback' ones here, or get 'mexican' coke/fanta).

Oh, and I second Orange Crush all the way. Or Orange Fanta. Basically, any orange soda. Or grape. Preferably with real sugar.

#1250 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

The deal will go live sometime Tuesday afternoon. Since that is the exact day that your PS+ expires, I don't know what time that day it will expire (I would think 11:59pm but I don't know).

Anyways, just keep an eye on the PS Store starting 4/30 in the afternoon and also an eye on the PS Blog. As soon is the update is up, get on the store and see if your PS+ is still active and see if you can get in on the deals.

If he checks the info page on his latest PS+ game, it'll list the exact time that it expires, which is based on the time of day that it started.

#1251 renebasketball

renebasketball

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

If he checks the info page on his latest PS+ game, it'll list the exact time that it expires, which is based on the time of day that it started.

^^^^ What he said. Hold on a ps+ game and press information and it will tell you exactly.

#1252 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

Has anyone gotten cross-controller to work on Guacamelee? I just finished patiently waiting for the PS3 version to download and now it doesn't seem to work. I was really looking forward to this feature.

#1253 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

Does anyone know if it's possible to play Borderlands 2 split-screen while online? Say, can I play split screen with someone and have two players join our game from PSN?

#1254 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

Does anyone know if it's possible to play Borderlands 2 split-screen while online? Say, can I play split screen with someone and have two players join our game from PSN?

Yes.

#1255 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

Has anyone gotten cross-controller to work on Guacamelee? I just finished patiently waiting for the PS3 version to download and now it doesn't seem to work. I was really looking forward to this feature.

Nevermind, I found out how to do it. Do it through remote play, it won't work through the cross-controller option for some reason.

#1256 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

Yes.

Sweet, thanks.

#1257 xscorpionx

xscorpionx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

Thanks. Picked up Borderlands 1 & 2 Bundle for $20.
This 1 month free PSN plus card has come in handier than expected!!

#1258 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

Yep, Borderlands 1 & 2 is THE most co-op friendly game. Enjoy.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1259 rydall

rydall

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

Anybody else download the ps+ version of Borderlands 1 and bought the Bundle with both games? Borderlands 1 still says it will expire when ps+ does even after redownloading and installing it.

Yes I got the bundle and it still shows Borderlands 1 expiring when my Ps+ expires. I hope they fix it...

RYDALL4.png

#1260 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

All I know is that European Fanta rules over all. Awesome stuff.
Posted Image