Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#1651 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

First. I got the platinum in "13 hours, 36 minutes, 44 seconds", so feel free to break it down however you wish.

Unless you used guides, that sounds like an anomaly for a first run, so suggesting that six hours is easy/normal is misleading.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#1652 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

good 6 hour game > bad 30 hour game

i hope it's not batman and limbo. solid entries, but i have them...

#1653 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

Unless you used guides, that sounds like an anomaly for a first run, so suggesting that six hours is easy/normal is misleading.

A) I originally said you could beat the game in 6 hours easy... because you can probably do it in 3 if you ignore everything. I just so happened to get all the collectibles at 6, so I gave that time for that reason.
B) Guacamelee is a pretty straight forward game. Pretty much every collectible I missed was "hidden" via a chicken path or I lacked the tools to accomplish at the time. If you wanted to speed run it, you can also void MOST of the effort by flying as the chicken.
C) I never suggested six hours to get all the collectibles was normal, I just said I did it. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe other people suck, I don't know... just saying I did.

@ Velo

Signatured.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1654 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1655 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Limbo I would be excited for, as I still haven't gotten it. Batman, I already bought the GOTY version for :360: a while ago, and still haven't played it. I really wanted it for PS3, so I might play it twice for, well...you know whats;)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#1656 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

Limbo I would be excited for, as I still haven't gotten it. Batman, I already bought the GOTY version for :360: a while ago, and still haven't played it. I really wanted it for PS3, so I might play it twice for, well...you know whats;)

shiz and giggles no...
Spoiler

TheFurryPanda.png

#1657 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

shiz and giggles no...

Spoiler

Gasp! Don't speak about those-that-must-not-be-named! Foolish panda...:-#

#1658 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

According to a sony advertisement leak, it seems Batman:Arkham city and Limbo will be next for the PS+ instant game collection.

http://www.playstati...-north-america/

Two games I own and have beaten. Two excellent games, mind you, (hence the reason for owning them already) but it's always a bummer when you realize an upcoming IGC game is something you don't need. If it's true, some people will have an great month ahead with their PS+ membership.

I'm more interested in what Vita games will come, but other than Rayman I've more or less bought all of the retail Vita games I want to play for now.

#1659 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

Your first time through the game? From my experience and what I've seen from others, the average is between 8-10 hours for a 100% on the first playthrough, so your time is an exception and not the norm.

My time was around 6:40 for a first run through with 100% completion. It really takes no time at all if you're used to the genre and spot areas on the map that might have a hidden shortcut.
Posted Image

#1660 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

According to a sony advertisement leak, it seems Batman:Arkham city and Limbo will be next for the PS+ instant game collection.

Hmmm...that's not too exciting. Would have preferred Batman a few months ago when I could have sold my copy for $15 or so. Oh well.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1661 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

A) I originally said you could beat the game in 6 hours easy... because you can probably do it in 3 if you ignore everything. I just so happened to get all the collectibles at 6, so I gave that time for that reason.
B) Guacamelee is a pretty straight forward game. Pretty much every collectible I missed was "hidden" via a chicken path or I lacked the tools to accomplish at the time. If you wanted to speed run it, you can also void MOST of the effort by flying as the chicken.
C) I never suggested six hours to get all the collectibles was normal, I just said I did it. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe other people suck, I don't know... just saying I did.

To beat it in three hours requires you to know what you're doing, which most people won't know their first time through the game. Most of them are going to explore and go for collectibles as they get them and not just mainline the game and come back for collectibles later.

Saying that there's no replay value is odd after you found enough value to play through it a second time. But whatever, my point was that it's closer to eight hours for the normal completion time.

My time was around 6:40 for a first run through with 100% completion. It really takes no time at all if you're used to the genre and spot areas on the map that might have a hidden shortcut.

I didn't say it's hard to 100%, though some of the orbs are quite a challenge, but that the average completion time's going to be a bit higher than six hours for most people.

#1662 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

To beat it in three hours requires you to know what you're doing, which most people won't know their first time through the game. Most of them are going to explore and go for collectibles as they get them and not just mainline the game and come back for collectibles later.

Saying that there's no replay value is odd after you found enough value to play through it a second time. But whatever, my point was that it's closer to eight hours for the normal completion time.

I didn't say it's hard to 100%, though some of the orbs are quite a challenge, but that the average completion time's going to be a bit higher than six hours for most people.

Do you just skim my posts or do you actually read them? I said "almost no", which I can guarantee I wouldn't have beat hard if it wasn't required for the platinum. I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of people agree with me on this one either...

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

#1663 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

I was thinking about selling my disc copy of Arkham City if it comes to the IGC, then I remembered I have a 60GB HDD

#1664 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

Nice. Hope that's true about B:AC.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#1665 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

If its AC and limbo then PS is just doing wonders for me.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1666 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:44 AM

sorry, i was mainly just thinking out loud, or seeing what others would do in my situation. if these had come out 6 months ago, i'd have bought all 3 without blinking. being injured, and out of work, makes me actually think about my purchases, lol. it's a shame the soul sacrifice demo, and sacred citadel, didn't come out last week. would make this a lot easier for me.

#1667 arc31181

arc31181

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

Finally had to bite on Borderlands and bought the digital bundle. I'm not a PS+ member but I had $25 in Best Buy RZ certs which I gladly exchanged for PSN cards, so $5 out of pocket for 2 games I've never owned or played. I've heard great things but I just always passed on them for some reason. This is the best deal I've seen though.

Out of all the games I've owned/played, it's crazy that I never got around to at least trying them at some point.

#1668 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

Finished recording footage for the PS+ Preview videos of Labyrinth Legends and Malicious. Malicious was hard because I forgot how to play that game, so you'll see two attempts at the same level with the latter being my good run.

Be sure to read the controls section of the manual in Malicious on the main menu, as it does a good job of explaining what each thng does. You'll need to grind out kills of the scrubs around the levels to gain enough mana to go into your power mode so you can do actual damage on the boss.

#1669 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

Do you just skim my posts or do you actually read them? I said "almost no", which I can guarantee I wouldn't have beat hard if it wasn't required for the platinum. I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of people agree with me on this one either...

I'm sorry that playing through a game a second time on a harder difficulty doesn't qualify as almost nothing to me, but this is dipping into a trophy discussion, so I'll concede. You win.

#1670 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

If its AC and limbo then PS is just doing wonders for me.

I hope this is not the case and the rumor turns out to be wrong, I already have both of those games, if they plan to give us games that have been on the EU ps+ IGC then make it Deus Ex HR or Sleeping Dogs

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#1671 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

To anyone who has beaten Borderlands 2..
I made it up to the part where you are fighting through the wildlife preserve. I lost my save file when I got a new ps3. Is it worth picking up the game again. or was I too close to the end to get my $'s worth?

#1672 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

I hope this is not the case and the rumor turns out to be wrong, I already have both of those games, if they plan to give us games that have been on the EU ps+ IGC then make it Deus Ex HR or Sleeping Dogs

Wait, are we expecting the same games as the EU PS+? If so, I need to introduce some new variables into my purchase planning algorithm.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1673 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

To anyone who has beaten Borderlands 2..
I made it up to the part where you are fighting through the wildlife preserve. I lost my save file when I got a new ps3. Is it worth picking up the game again. or was I too close to the end to get my $'s worth?

Buy it and start a new character.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1674 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

Now that I'm cool with downloading retail games, Batman: AC and Limbo would be awesome.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1675 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

Labyrinth Legends is now done. Malicious will be done in the morning.

#1676 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

Had a chance to play a Sound Shapes demo at Target. Damn, wish I had picked it up when it was on sale a few months back. Definitely getting the next time around.

And on Demon's Souls, died at the Tower Knight boss in 1-2. Then, I died 5 more times trying to get back to it, twice by the dogs. Wish I knew you could spend souls to upgrade stats because I lost thousands when I died, thinking I had to bank them to buy equiptment.

#1677 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Had a chance to play a Sound Shapes demo at Target. Damn, wish I had picked it up when it was on sale a few months back. Definitely getting the next time around.

And on Demon's Souls, died at the Tower Knight boss in 1-2. Then, I died 5 more times trying to get back to it, twice by the dogs. Wish I knew you could spend souls to upgrade stats because I lost thousands when I died, thinking I had to bank them to buy equiptment.

sound shapes is amazing, one of my favorites in recent memory. I finally got the platinum last week (which IMO isn't to hard, but can't say much more), and want to replay it again if I get the chance. It's just so fun, and the new community picks really help you find some great levels. Totally worth it at any price, very highly recommended:applause:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#1678 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

You never need to buy equipment.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1679 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

Think they'll discount the Arkham City DLC when PS+ gets it then?
Posted Image

#1680 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Think they'll discount the Arkham City DLC when PS+ gets it then?

Very unlikely.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif