CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

Games:
Zelda Oracle of Seasons - $4.99 - Ends 6/20
Zelda Oracle of Ages - $4.99 - Ends 6/20
Etrian Odyssey IV - $29.99 - Ends 6/10

All sales end at 9 AM PT.

Edited by rayword45, 30 April 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#2 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

Is EscapeVektor better on this or Vita?

#3 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Turbo-Grafx 16

#4 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

If only there was another thread like this on the front page.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5 rayword45

rayword45

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

I don't have a Vita, but from what I've heard, it's the superior version solely due to screen size.

#6 rayword45

rayword45

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

If only there was another thread like this on the front page.

Yeah, if only. Too bad no such thread exists.

#7 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

Oops, you're right, I'm an idiot. I thought the Club Nintendo thread had sales listed too, my bad.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#8 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

A thread like this has to have the OP as a Wiki post.
Thread title has to have some of the actual deals in it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#9 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

I only just heard of escapevektor
i might try it out
wish there were demos for these things

#10 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

^^^ you could see if utube has any actual gameplay footage maybe?

#11 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

Yeah, there's an eshop trailer. It looks like one of those games that has lame graphics (lines and arrows) but might actually be fun

#12 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=341129

The OP made this exact same thread three days ago and abandoned it to make this thread, so it might be better for somebody that's more stable to do this sort of thread.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#13 rayword45

rayword45

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

The OP made this exact same thread three days ago and abandoned it to make this thread, so it might be better for somebody that's more stable to do this sort of thread.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit new to this. That was an unannounced sale thread, and (mistake mistake) I failed to realize I could edit the thread title. Why not give tips like others rather then imply I'm a loose cannon?

#14 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

You're OUT OF CONTROL, 45! Hand in your badge.

Not sure why deal threads aren't Wikified by default.

#15 HotJuicyBurgers

HotJuicyBurgers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

I'm sorry, I'm a bit new to this. That was an unannounced sale thread, and (mistake mistake) I failed to realize I could edit the thread title. Why not give tips like others rather then imply I'm a loose cannon?

Loose cannon cop... So loose... So cannon... So... COP. :applause:

#16 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

If you're actually going to try to keep it up, then here are some tips:

• Alphabetize the list in the OP and combine everything into one list. You don't need to separate them by date.
  • Double check that everything on the list is still on sale each week when there's no end date mentioned anywhere.
  • Anything that does have a known end date, include it after the price so people know how long they have to get it.
  • Remove your opinions from the list since the OP should just have the facts in it. Nobody really cares about your opinion unless they ask for it.
  • Keep the thread title updated every week so we know it's updated.

You don't need to wiki the thread for something like this since there aren't going to be a flood of deals on the eShop because if you do end up giving up, then somebody will make a new thread anyway. The Xbox Live thread is a whole other beast entirely.

Since you missed it from your other thread, the Pokedex game thing has a known end date that you might want to add to it.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#17 xGwiZ96x

xGwiZ96x

Cheapest Brony Ever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

Off topic, but are there any free games on the 3DS eShop?

Crazy Twilight Sparkle is good Twilight Sparkle..

I have finally been honorably discharged from the console war! And I now realize that it's just a waste of everyone's time...

http://m.youtube.com...6?feature=guide Go to my YT channel linked above for amazing Call of Duty videos and please subscribe :)

#18 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

No games, just demos and apps like Swapnote. Earlier on, they gave away games like excitebike and four swords but they seem to have stopped that.

#19 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Wow...the eshop payment setup is awful. Even if you fund it with your credit card, you can only add funds in increments of $10, $20, or $50. And they charge tax, leaving you with uneven cents that will likely remain in your wallet forever.

I just grabbed Rhythm Core Alpha and was hoping to get EscapeVektor, but, thanks to the extra 40 or 50 cents each for tax, I'd literally have to add $20 total to get those two $5 games.

EDIT: Nevermind. Ignore my rant. I just missed the fact that there's a "necessary funds" button tucked away in the corner of the payment screen. Thanks for the heads up, Bios Element.

Edited by MR_E, 05 April 2013 - 04:56 AM.

#20 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

Wow...the eshop payment setup is awful. Even if you fund it with your credit card, you can only add funds in increments of $10, $20, or $50. And they charge tax, leaving you with uneven cents that will likely remain in your wallet forever.

I just grabbed Rhythm Core Alpha and was hoping to get EscapeVektor, but, thanks to the extra 40 or 50 cents each for tax, I'd literally have to add $20 total to get those two $5 games.

At the bottom of the payment screen, you can just pay the amount needed for the current order.
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#21 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

At the bottom of the payment screen, you can just pay the amount needed for the current order.

Thanks for the info! I guess I missed the "add necessary funds" ability. First time using the eshop and all. Paid the extra bit and grabbed EscapeVektor. All's well now...lol

#22 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

It should really be at the top. Big "Pay $5.39" button, so either they're greedy or their UI designers suck.

#23 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

It should really be at the top. Big "Pay $5.39" button, so either they're greedy or their UI designers suck.

It's a step up from the competition, but yes, their UI designers totally suck. You really just noticed this? >.>
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#24 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

I'd say they're about the same since the art style is so minimalist. I got the 3DS one today and it's fine. 3D is nice too, get it for whichever platform you prefer.

#25 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

Is the pokedex pro worth it? Feels like theyll be releasing something new once pokemon x & y comes out. Hmm

#26 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

I changed my billing zip code to NH, bye bye sales tax.
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#27 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hhhmm...and that doesn't interfere with the authentication of your credit card?

Btw, actually feeling better about not knowing you could pay the exact amount now. I mentioned it to a friend of mine who has a launch 3DS AND an XL, and even he didn't know you could pay the exact amount and has had a balance sitting in his account gnawing at him.

#28 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Went ahead and scooped EscapeVektor, thanks OP.

#29 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

Hello breaking the law ;)
Posted Image

#30 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

Is this game really that special? Edge gave it a 60.