GGT #231 Declares Bullet Witch The Best 360 Exclusive This Gen

• Please log in to reply
502 replies to this topic

#421 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

I have no idea how you've lasted longer than a little while with the Tekken 6 stick. I murdered the shit out of that think in a couple of weeks.

If you don't mash and smash, it can last a bit... especially if you're not used to something like a TE... but it's easy to start feeling the buttons stick and such... I keep it around to let company use if we play fighters.

Yeah, I don't know if it will have the best quality but that's fine by me. I'm not too intense in fighting games and the only current stick I have is the wireless Tekken 6 one, which I know a lot of people said sucked. But mine's lasted for a while now and I feel that I do fine with it so I'm sure this one's better then that. I've mainly used the SF4 and MVC fightpads over sticks though, but I like having options because certain games feel better with each. Luckily, these games always have adjustable controls so I just set them to all be similar anyway, but I do know what you mean how there's a big difference from MK and Capcom games.

I was talking more about MK9 vs previous MK games. Yeah, it's still 4+block instead of 6 attack... but the moving of the punch button and the change of it to front/back kind of screwed me up -- especially since uppercut used to be down+[], roundhouse was back+/\, sweep was back+O... changing some of those really fucked with my head at first.

#422 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

I have no idea how you've lasted longer than a little while with the Tekken 6 stick. I murdered the shit out of that think in a couple of weeks.

Lol, not sure I guess, I have almost all of my old controllers from every system still in working order though, I know I don't really smash buttons and such much. Recently my MVC3 fightpad is really the only controller I remember that actually stopped working, I've had some problems with sticking joysticks and stuff though, usually take the controllers apart and clean them to fix that though. I know I used the stick quite a bit, I'm happy it still works though, although I'll be glad to get an upgrade.

I was talking more about MK9 vs previous MK games. Yeah, it's still 4+block instead of 6 attack... but the moving of the punch button and the change of it to front/back kind of screwed me up -- especially since uppercut used to be down+[], roundhouse was back+/\, sweep was back+O... changing some of those really fucked with my head at first.

Gotcha, yeah I see how that stuff could be confusing, since you are used to that style of controls from the one series so you expect the newest game to stay like how they used to be.

659629.png?68329996

#423 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Congratulations, Mo! That's fucking awesome.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#424 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Lol, not sure I guess, I have almost all of my old controllers from every system still in working order though, I know I don't really smash buttons and such much. Recently my MVC3 fightpad is really the only controller I remember that actually stopped working, I've had some problems with sticking joysticks and stuff though, usually take the controllers apart and clean them to fix that though. I know I used the stick quite a bit, I'm happy it still works though, although I'll be glad to get an upgrade.

Gotcha, yeah I see how that stuff could be confusing, since you are used to that style of controls from the one series so you expect the newest game to stay like how they used to be.

Especially if you think about the layout from the fight stick in the MK9 $150 bundle.
Oh, this is like playing MK/MKII/UMK3? I want to uppercut.. so... I press down and the top left button... WTF?! Why is there a kick where low punch should be? OH! Uppercut is now basically down and high kick... son of a bitch. :P

And there's something about the combo strings and the way it was designed that it is optimal for the new setup -- cause I originally mapped everything to try to be like the original MK layout on my TE... didn't work so well for me.

#425 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Congratulations, Mo! That's fucking awesome.

Thanks man! I'm pretty excited about it, I'll definitely post pictures when the box arrives of all my goodies :D

Especially if you think about the layout from the fight stick in the MK9 $150 bundle.
Oh, this is like playing MK/MKII/UMK3? I want to uppercut.. so... I press down and the top left button... WTF?! Why is there a kick where low punch should be? OH! Uppercut is now basically down and high kick... son of a bitch. :P

And there's something about the combo strings and the way it was designed that it is optimal for the new setup -- cause I originally mapped everything to try to be like the original MK layout on my TE... didn't work so well for me.

Haha, yeah, there's an original MK cabinet in an arcade near me that has that layout. I haven't used the newer MK9 stick but that would be like learning the game over again with how the game plays.

659629.png?68329996

#426 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Guys, GameNChick deleted my post in her blog.

Unsure how I am automatically labelled a "Sony Drone" that are "complete idiots and douchbags".

I haven't had a working PS3 for almost two years now...

#427 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Shut up, Sony Drone.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#428 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Guys, GameNChick deleted my post in her blog.

Who?

#429 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Shut up, Sony Drone.

So true, Sony fanboy for life! (this statement was paid by TMK)

Who?

Exactly. I'm trying to do things not related to staring at coachella.com and wondering when the damn lineup will be posted.

#430 weevles

weevles

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm sure you missed the dialogue achievement make sure you follow a guide or you won't get it

Is that the hidden one? If so, then I have to start a new game. Eh, half the trophies are multiplayer, and I don't see myself doing that...unless maybe one of my buddies gets it and we just play rounds between ourselves to get trophies.

#431 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Is that the hidden one? If so, then I have to start a new game. Eh, half the trophies are multiplayer, and I don't see myself doing that...unless maybe one of my buddies gets it and we just play rounds between ourselves to get trophies.

There's three secret ones.
Kill a crab don't know why that's a secret. Shoot dynamite out of the air and talk to every member its like 7 dialogue pieces. There's casual and ranked matches and there's only one ranked achievement which is to win on every mode if you want that achievement you better play ranked now because its pretty much dead.

I'm actually having fun with the MP its not anything ground breaking but using the bow is fun and way OP

#432 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Why is it taking UPS so long? omg!

#433 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Oh and before the thread dies, Tales of Vesperia is the best 360 exclusive this gen. :)

Honorable mention to Witcher 2 if you don't count PC.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#434 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Good mention on The Witcher 2.

#435 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Jetstream Sam Rising DLC is up on PSN for $10.

Guacamelee! is also out today, cross-buy for Vita/PS3, $12 for PS+.

#436 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

Damn its out on xbox too. Guess that's something I'll do tomorrow

#437 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Jetstream Sam Rising DLC is up on PSN for $10.

I'll buy Sam whenever we get our $10s back from Sony.

#438 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

I have just enough MSP points left to buy jetstream sam. I got like 3 updates to go through on PS3 before I play this shit doe

#439 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

Can't wait. Looks so good.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#440 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

I have just enough MSP points left to buy jetstream sam. I got like 3 updates to go through on PS3 before I play this shit doe

you finally received you gow:A bundle from amazon?

#441 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

you finally received you gow:A bundle from amazon?

Today found a cheaper one on amazon for $240 so I'm sending this one back.
(Its already opened I might as well use it but I won't be an asshole and use the codes)

#442 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

BE AN ASSHOLE!

Okay don't.

I have MGS4 GUNNM, that is if you want to borrow it, or trade it for your first born. Which ever is easier.

#443 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Oh, Jesus Christ. When they say "Origins", they better not mean, "Hey, we're going to show Bruce's parents dying and him transforming into Batman because nobody in our target audience has seen that, like, five times already, right?"

That was basically my exact thought process when I heard it. There doesn't need to be any continuity between batman games.

Maybe the story in Injustice will somehow open up the Arkhamverse more considering that in the end of the game

Spoiler

Wait is that an actual spoiler?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqAwJ2NPLxQ

YEAHHH! AQUAMAN's got MAD sharks!

Lol @ young kevin smith.

#444 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

BE AN ASSHOLE!

Okay don't.

I have MGS4 GUNNM, that is if you want to borrow it, or trade it for your first born. Which ever is easier.

How do I borrow it? I've been looking on ebay for a limited edition of MGS 4.

Eh I'm just going to package this shit up and send it back everything is sealed and I don't want to open it.

#445 weevles

weevles

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

There's three secret ones.
Kill a crab don't know why that's a secret. Shoot dynamite out of the air and talk to every member its like 7 dialogue pieces. There's casual and ranked matches and there's only one ranked achievement which is to win on every mode if you want that achievement you better play ranked now because its pretty much dead.

I'm actually having fun with the MP its not anything ground breaking but using the bow is fun and way OP

I might give it a go, but I'm not really into competitive multiplayer. Come to think of it, I have never really been interested in stuff like that, even back in the day when I was running my own CS server. Especially now, I'd much rather see co-op, although I have a hard time even rustling up the energy to hop online with my buddy to keep playing BL2. I think its because he has way more time on his hands to put into the game than I do. He's got nearly all the classes past 30, and I only have 1 lvl 41 and 1 lvl 32. :p

#446 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Eh I'm just going to package this shit up and send it back everything is sealed and I don't want to open it.

You give him your mailing address and he mails it to you?

And the MGS4 LE is garbage.
Just get a regular complete copy.

#447 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Guacamelee today! Who else is buying it?

#448 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

I send it to you.

You give him your mailing address and he mails it to you?

And the MGS4 LE is garbage.
Just get a regular complete copy.

All three statements are correct.

Guacamelee today! Who else is buying it?

Too lazy to google it. Explain to me in five words why I should excited for Guacamelee.

#449 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Oh thats nice of you j-cart but I'm in no rush to play it. Still gotta study and I got jetstream DLC to play and I won't pay over $20 for the LE of MGS 4 I promise!

#450 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

So I'm either gonna rock dat big boss avatar or RE 1 jill avatar