Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $33.99 at GameStop.com

Use the code SAVER in conjunction with 15free to get both 15% off and free shipping. Comes out to $37 and change after tax for me.

[quote name='supraazn']Use the code SAVER in conjunction with 15free to get both 15% off and free shipping. Comes out to $37 and change after tax for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Got one too!

[quote name='supraazn']Use the code SAVER in conjunction with 15free to get both 15% off and free shipping. Comes out to $37 and change after tax for me.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much.

To me a 90+ hour game is a bargain at full and a steal at this price. One of the best games this year, probably second only to Bioshock Infinite.

Damn that shipping. Still, might be worth it. Wish there was a PS4 official price so I know how much more credit I need to hoard. Hanging on to it for now, I guess. Sorry again, NNK.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Damn that shipping. Still, might be worth it. Wish there was a PS4 official price so I know how much more credit I need to hoard. Hanging on to it for now, I guess. Sorry again, NNK.[/QUOTE]

Shipping is free if you use promo code 15Free

"Coupon 15FREE - 15% off and free value shipping on orders of $29.99 or more of in-stock games and accessories. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/21/13."

[quote name='DeathByFRODO']$20, till then Ni NOPE Kuni.[/QUOTE]

Awesomely said.

Ni nope kuni.

From what we've seen from tales of graces f not dropping any further than 40 for quite sometime, I don't think kuni will be lower than this price any time soon. Our wait is going to be more than yr to drop to 20ish.

[quote name='DeathByFRODO']$20, till then Ni NOPE Kuni.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaylisJayP']It's about $10 too high for me...$25 is probably my price point on this one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technole']Totally worth it at that price, you won't be sorry.[/QUOTE]

Exactly technole. No offense to anyone but if someone thinks a game just under 100 hours isn't worth $40-$60, they're an idiot. It took me 62 hours to beat the main story with all side missions up to that point, and at 75 hours to finish all end game content. Only thing left are a few trophies.

I bet the people who say $60 is too much are the same people who buy games like Tomb Raider or Metal Gear and think they're worth it at 12 hours or less.

I don't deny this game is worth $34 but unless you are going to play right away then waiting won't hurt. I have learned this lesson the hard way as game after game in my collection has dropped before getting a chance to it.

[quote name='Romeo']Exactly technole. No offense to anyone but if someone thinks a game just under 100 hours isn't worth $40-$60, they're an idiot. It took me 62 hours to beat the main story with all side missions up to that point, and at 75 hours to finish all end game content. Only thing left are a few trophies.

I bet the people who say $60 is too much are the same people who buy games like Tomb Raider or Metal Gear and think they're worth it at 12 hours or less.[/QUOTE]

^

[quote name='Romeo']Exactly technole. No offense to anyone but if someone thinks a game just under 100 hours isn't worth $40-$60, they're an idiot. It took me 62 hours to beat the main story with all side missions up to that point, and at 75 hours to finish all end game content. Only thing left are a few trophies.

I bet the people who say $60 is too much are the same people who buy games like Tomb Raider or Metal Gear and think they're worth it at 12 hours or less.[/QUOTE]

Why so hostile?

[quote name='cancerman1120']I don't deny this game is worth $34 but unless you are going to play right away then waiting won't hurt. I have learned this lesson the hard way as game after game in my collection has dropped before getting a chance to it.[/QUOTE]

Playing a game you buy right away instead of putting it in the backlog?

Perish the thought. This is CAG. People don't play games here.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I don't deny this game is worth $34 but unless you are going to play right away then waiting won't hurt. I have learned this lesson the hard way as game after game in my collection has dropped before getting a chance to it.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you. It's more so especially if you have a huge backlog and not enough time to invest heavily in these long Rpgs.

As someone who has never enjoyed a Level-5 game I'm definitely not giving this a shot until its $20. I'm only considering it because of the unending praise for the game. Plus the main character is a little kid that automatically means I wait for a price drop.

[quote name='whoknows']Playing a game you buy right away instead of putting it in the backlog?

Perish the thought. This is CAG. People don't play games here.[/QUOTE]

Waaaait wtf, this isn't the forums for A&E Hoaders?!?

Let me tell you a wild and crazy fact, I know this may shock you and all, but the length of the game does not = whether the game is worth buying at a certain price point. Believe it or not, some people find 89 hour games to be too long for them, other people just like a good story.

Me? I gladly bought Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite at full price, getting $20 RZ certificates back for both, while trading both back in for close to $40 each after beating them. And you know what? I enjoyed them both immensely.

But, opinions be damned cause Ni No Kuni has over 60 hours of gameplay!

and you had to bring metal gear and tomb raider?

Why didn't bring god of war and gears of war? Those are much shorter games.

I didnt say it wasnt worth it. I just said it wasnt my price point.

Any new game I buy at $60 I play right away. Idk how some of you buy them at full price and just throw it into your backlogs. Anything in my backlog is either a older game or something I've already played and just wanted it in my collection, all after good price drops.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I didnt say it wasnt worth it. I just said it wasnt my price point.[/QUOTE]

You talked about short games. Not if they are worth or not ;)

You gave examples of two games that are 12 hours long when there are actually much shorter games that are 6-8 hours long :)

Picked it up. Can't beat $37.xx. As with many here, I probably won't get to this right away, but it will be a summer game for me.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Let me tell you a wild and crazy fact, I know this may shock you and all, but the length of the game does not = whether the game is worth buying at a certain price point. Believe it or not, some people find 89 hour games to be too long for them, other people just like a good story.

Me? I gladly bought Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite at full price, getting $20 RZ certificates back for both, while trading both back in for close to $40 each after beating them. And you know what? I enjoyed them both immensely.

But, opinions be damned cause Ni No Kuni has over 60 hours of gameplay![/QUOTE]

Exactly. Money isn't the real currency paid by most people working for a living, it's time. Free time. The cash is a tip. Most free-to-play games are ridiculously long, but most of it is insipid garbage that isn't worth even starting. F2P games are mostly too expensive to bother with, in that case.

Two of the shortest games I've played through, Portal 1 and Limbo, were worth so much more, I was more than happy to pay full price for them. I got Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes on sale for XBLA, and felt so guilty because I had gotten so much enjoyment out of playing that I immediately purchased the DLC even though it had no use to me. (It's multiplayer only.)

If I'm going to drop 60-90 hours into a game in a genre that's known for grinding (and therefore a substantial number of low-quality hours), I can already tell I don't want to give them too much cash on top of that. It doesn't help matters that I didn't think that much of the demo.

[quote name='whoknows']Perish the thought. This is CAG. People don't play games here.[/QUOTE]

Used to play games. Now all I see is bitching and whining on how much they want to pay for a game after a thread is created.

im tempted to get this today if its under 40$ used in store. i should beat tomb raider by today at the rate i am going and i could put it towards this. this game seems to have that charm just like that flying castle movie has. also has that mystical old school final fantasy feel to it

[quote name='strait edge follower']im tempted to get this today if its under 40$ used in store. i should beat tomb raider by today at the rate i am going and i could put it towards this. this game seems to have that charm just like that flying castle movie has. also has that mystical old school final fantasy feel to it[/QUOTE]Well, according to the page, used copies are still $54.99 in-store. I guess it's possible the price is different, but the chances are very slim IMO.

[quote name='strait edge follower']im tempted to get this today if its under 40$ used in store. i should beat tomb raider by today at the rate i am going and i could put it towards this. this game seems to have that charm just like that flying castle movie has. also has that mystical old school final fantasy feel to it[/QUOTE]
just order it on gamestop.com with the 15% off code, for $33

[quote name='YBX87']just order it on gamestop.com with the 15% off code, for $33[/QUOTE]
Can't use a birthday coupon on that. It'd be like $27 pre-tax if the used price were $37.99.

[quote name='Lemstar']Can't use a birthday coupon on that. It'd be like $27 pre-tax if the used price were $37.99.[/QUOTE]
i am talking about a new copy. and the 15% code is off new games.

[quote name='TheWildMoose']Are the deals only online or in store too?[/QUOTE]
the $33.99 is only online,

[quote name='YBX87']i am talking about a new copy. and the 15% code is off new games.[/QUOTE]
I'm talking about why he wants the used price to have dropped in-store, too.

I do completely agree there. I'm around 50+ games in my backlog right now, many are major games, such as both Batman's, both Darksiders, Dark Souls, Sniper Elite v2, Bioshock Infinite (up next), so I've been holding firm on buying new games unless the deal is way too amazing or I NEED it.

[quote name='whoknows']Playing a game you buy right away instead of putting it in the backlog?

Perish the thought. This is CAG. People don't play games here.[/QUOTE]

Hah!

[quote name='Romeo']I do completely agree there. I'm around 50+ games in my backlog right now, many are major games, such as both Batman's, both Darksiders, Dark Souls, Sniper Elite v2, Bioshock Infinite (up next), so I've been holding firm on buying new games unless the deal is way too amazing or I NEED it.

what price would you consider as "too amazing" ? some ppl on here literally want free games, just read some of the posts on bestbuy gamers club coupon thread.

[quote name='YBX87']
what price would you consider as "too amazing" ? some ppl on here literally want free games, just read some of the posts on bestbuy gamers club coupon thread.[/QUOTE]$10-$15. I go as high as $20 for games that either don't drop in price very often or become hard to find. In the case of Ni no Kuni, I'd definitely pick it up at $20 given its genre and charm.

I only buy games on release that I really, really want (e.g., Bioshock Infinite) or that have Limited Editions (e.g., The Last of Us Survival Edition, Tales of Xillia LE, Muramasa Rebirth LE, Project X Zone LE).

Holy shit, start talking about JRPG's and the forum turns into a fanfic forum instead of one for cheap people. No one fucking said its not worth the money. They said they want to pay less. If you want people to pay more just because its a JRPG then you're wasting your time. FYI I played it and it was FINE. The art is beautiful but it is NOT the best JRPG of the generation. It's got a ton of cliche bullshit that makes you cringe. The game was fun to play through but it is not perfect. Not by a long shot. It's about as good as Blue Dragon. That places it below Tales of Vesperia and Lost odyssey for JRPG's this gen.

Post game content takes you back before the final battle. That's the worst way to do that stuff and I didn't even bother with it. I finished the game. I saved the world. I'm not going to reload before the world was saved and do some goddamn fetch quests.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Let me tell you a wild and crazy fact, I know this may shock you and all, but the length of the game does not = whether the game is worth buying at a certain price point. Believe it or not, some people find 89 hour games to be too long for them, other people just like a good story.

But, opinions be damned cause Ni No Kuni has over 60 hours of gameplay![/QUOTE]

Is $20 cert and $40 store credit suppose to justify $60 cash? Lol

[quote name='zzamaro']You talked about short games. Not if they are worth or not ;)

You gave examples of two games that are 12 hours long when there are actually much shorter games that are 6-8 hours long :)[/QUOTE]

All I said was -
It's about $10 too high for me...$25 is probably my price point on this one.

You must have me confused with someone else.

I bet the people who say $60 is too much are the same people who buy games like Tomb Raider or Metal Gear and think they're worth it at 12 hours or less.[/QUOTE]I'd argue that anyone who judges the value of a game solely by its length is the idiot.

For the record, I bought Ni no Kuni and Tomb Raider day one, and Tomb Raider is the shorter but better game.

[quote name='d8onausa']I'd argue that anyone who judges the value of a game solely by its length is the idiot.

For the record, I bought Ni no Kuni and Tomb Raider day one, and Tomb Raider is the shorter but better game.[/QUOTE]

By all means 'better' is relative. Opinion.

I just refuse to pay $60 for game that can be beaten in under 12 hours. Unless the cost per hour is justified, perhaps $20 for the game.

bread's done
Back