Square Enix [PC][Steam] Sale

[quote name='11440']OP, perhaps you should edit the thread title? These games are not all on Steam.[/QUOTE]

They all activate on Steam, with one exception. Hitman: Codename 47.

[quote name='NEP']They all activate on Steam, with one exception. Hitman: Codename 47.[/QUOTE]

FFVII doesn't.

Their store seems to have issues though. I grabbed 2 tomb raider games, just cause, and order of war, all supposed to be steam. So far only one of the tomb raider games activates. The rest produce an invalid product code error

[quote name='Wario64']Steam achievements have been in there forever. #believe[/QUOTE]

Well then SE made some change two days ago.

Finally grabbed Sleeping Dogs. Just wish it came with the DLC. Might be a good thing though, when I bought Saints Row 3 with all the DLC it practically ruined the game because it unlocked everything at the start of the game : |

Got all excited that there was a Steam copy of FF VII, and then came in here and saw there wasn't. May pick a game or two up, though, once I figure out what activates on Steam and what doesn't.

[quote name='ezelkow1']Their store seems to have issues though. I grabbed 2 tomb raider games, just cause, and order of war, all supposed to be steam. So far only one of the tomb raider games activates. The rest produce an invalid product code error[/QUOTE]
I can confirm Just Cause doesn't activate. Which Tomb Raider game did?

[quote name='terribleusername']I can confirm Just Cause doesn't activate. Which Tomb Raider game did?[/QUOTE]

I got legend and underworld and only legend activated

Contact support if you can't get your games to activate.

Though, the store is run by Digital River.. I hear nothing but bad things about them!

[quote name='terribleusername']I can confirm Just Cause doesn't activate. Which Tomb Raider game did?[/QUOTE]

Just Cause doesnt? the instructions implies it does

nope, like I said all the games I got stated they required steam, yet only one of them will activate

Wasnt sure who to contact though, went through both squeenix support on their site. I also managed to find some special support page by going to my order and then threatening to ask for a refund on the order page, it gave a link to a different support area

And I was just talking with a friend who found out about the multiplayer mod in Just Cause 2, to which I said "Hmmm, maybe when it goes on sale." Lo and behold it is, and under $5 to boot.

[quote name='ezelkow1']nope, like I said all the games I got stated they required steam, yet only one of them will activate

Wasnt sure who to contact though, went through both squeenix support on their site. I also managed to find some special support page by going to my order and then threatening to ask for a refund on the order page, it gave a link to a different support area[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the warning. was consdering getting it cause i loved Just Cause 2

FFVII is not on Steam. SE has their own downloader for this game. Although the other games do unlock on Steam though.

[quote name='NEP']Finally grabbed Sleeping Dogs. Just wish it came with the DLC. Might be a good thing though, when I bought Saints Row 3 with all the DLC it practically ruined the game because it unlocked everything at the start of the game : |[/QUOTE]

Wait so vanilla SR3 has already has all the DLC, but you just have to unlock it?
Is it the same with Sleeping Dogs?

[quote name='redmangoose']Wait so vanilla SR3 has already has all the DLC, but you just have to unlock it?
Is it the same with Sleeping Dogs?[/QUOTE]

No. SR3 does not have all the DLC. It's just that some of the "DLC" are early unlocks. The majority of the SR3 DLC is actual DLC.

Same's true for SD. Not sure if they have a pay to unlock DLC, but the majority of it's DLC is real DLC.

Some of the DLC for both is just skins / weapons though. I recommend the full package for SR3, there's some great stuff in it and the game is insanely fun.

Edit: FYI Hitman Absolution is ever so slightly cheaper on gamersgate.uk (US can pay with Blue Coins) + 20%oops or 5% elder-geek.

Purchased Hitman Absolution, The Last Remnant, and Supreme Commander 2. Note: You use the Serial Key's and not the Unlock keys, just in case that confused anyone...

Picked up Hitman Absolution, got my key instantly, as others have mentioned there are two keys, one activates and the other registers.

I was going to wait until Hitman Absolution hit $5, but I just might change my mind.

I HATE having to create new accounts for every damn publisher store/website. Such an ass pain. Why can't they just have a simple Paypal/Google checkout? Pass.

[quote name='Meeza']Picked up Hitman Absolution, got my key instantly, as others have mentioned there are two keys, one activates and the other registers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning this.

It's a bit confusing since the "unlock code" is not the one that activates on Steam. You need to use the one called "serial number" for Steam activation.

Is anyone having problems registering for the site? I still haven't received the confirmation email, and it's been an hour. Also used forgot password twice and they still didn't send it.

[quote name='bshirk']Is anyone having problems registering for the site? I still haven't received the confirmation email, and it's been an hour. Also used forgot password twice and they still didn't send it.[/QUOTE]

Same here, my assumption is too many people are signing up for square enix site. Anyone know if the soul reaver games are steam redeemable?

[quote name='dejeckt']Same here, my assumption is too many people are signing up for square enix site. Anyone know if the soul reaver games are steam redeemable?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they resolve the issue before the sale ends. The Soul Reaver games are Steam redeemable.

Picked up Hitman Absolution (vanilla edition) and Just Cause 2 for $11.25 total. Not a bad deal!

So another one that doesn't activate on Steam is Deus Ex, and it also uses SecuRom (or whatever the DRM is called). Yeah, gonna wait for an actual steam sale on that.

Yeah, forgot my damn password to the site, tried forgot password a few times, been about 8 hours and still no password. Guess they lose my business directly and I'll wait till the Steam sale this summer to pick up Sleeping Dogs on PC.

bread's done
Back