Disney Infinity Sidekicks 3-pack listed at 12.99 @ Best Buy (pre order)

Thanks in for one. Must be a price error? Normally the single characters are $12.99.

If I'm remembering right this game is made by the same team that did the Toy Story 3 game, which was awesome for kids. They also did Cars 2 which was good also.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Who comes in the 3 pack? Mike Wazowski, elastigirl and johnny depp?[/QUOTE]

LOL

No, it's Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush's character from the Pirates films).

[quote name='marlboro2']Was on the fence on getting involved in Disney Universe....funny how pricing changes things![/QUOTE]

Same here, looks like I'm locked in now. And I thought Skylanders were rough on me. :lol:

Much obliged OP, great find!

Thanks OP. If this deal is honored it helps out as I have a plan in motion to collect every single figure as well as the Disney Infinity starter pack and not spend no more than $30 out of pocket for everything. ;)

Thanks!
I'm a Disney dork and my daughter and I had a blast playing sky landers. Hope this doesn't disappoint..

Ordered this. My girlfriend and I are still split on if we are going to buy Infinity, but at least I'll have this locked in if the order doesn't get cancelled.

Thanks OP! Can't play 2 players in each character's respective world without these guys. No Mr. Incredible in the Monsters University level and no Davy Jones in Cars Land!

n41! I know my son is most likely going to be big into this, so figured might as well get a jumpstart on getting some of the figures while there's a deal to be had.

[quote name='Diggeh']Thanks OP! Can't play 2 players in each character's respective world without these guys. No Mr. Incredible in the Monsters University level and no Davy Jones in Cars Land![/QUOTE]

You actually won't be able to do that without being in the game's Toy Boy Mode which is basically the "create mode."

[quote name='marlboro2']Was on the fence on getting involved in Disney Universe....funny how pricing changes things![/QUOTE]

Same here... Still cannot pull the trigger but I've had the cart loaded up and at the last screen twice now.

Also, I cannot think of why Disney doesn't have Wreck it Ralph as one of their first worlds... Its a video game, after all.

Still so tempted but I've never done the Skylander thing... and it seems like it would get ridiculous in cost rather quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SumPro']Thanks OP. If this deal is honored it helps out as I have a plan in motion to collect every single figure as well as the Disney Infinity starter pack and not spend no more than $30 out of pocket for everything. ;)[/QUOTE]

Good luck cause you only have probably around 15.00 after taxes.

[quote name='SumPro']Thanks OP. If this deal is honored it helps out as I have a plan in motion to collect every single figure as well as the Disney Infinity starter pack and not spend no more than $30 out of pocket for everything. ;)[/QUOTE]

How are you going to manage that?

[quote name='jwk94']How are you going to manage that?[/QUOTE]

lol I have no Idea but lets look at my last budget of $250 for a 3DS and games (Prices include tax)

3DS XL $165.xx (Target Deal)
Luigis Mansion $22.xx (Kmart Deal)
Super Mario Land 3D (Free Promotion)
Zelda OoT 3D $13.xx (Target Clearance)
Kingdom Hearts 3DS $0 (Trade-in Credit $30 at Best Buy for COD BO II)
Resident Evil: Revelations $13.xx (Used remaining $8.xx on BB gc)
Castlevania 3DS $3.xx (Target Clearance)
Mario Blue 3DS XL case $3.xx (Toys r Us deal)
*3DS eshop ($20 for $10)
*Pushmo 4.99
*Nano Assualt EX $9.99
*3D Classic Kirby $4.99
3D Kid Icurus (Registered Points)
3D Excitebike (Registered Points)
Kirby's Pinball Land (Registered Points)

All of this for $229.xx out of pocket cash. (includes tax)
Thinking of picking up Starfox 3DS for 19.99 Kmart Have repeated emails for shop rewards discount which will bring it down to about $16.xx on the fence still.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jwk94']You actually won't be able to do that without being in the game's Toy Boy Mode which is basically the "create mode."[/QUOTE]

The designers claimed that "putting tracks for the Cars characters in every world would be silly", and that "playing as Mr. Incredible in Pirates of the Caribbean ruins immersion".

True, but for comparison's sake you can bust out any Skylander in any level without any silly restrictions. I know they chose to make it so that characters can only interact in their own worlds and that they can only interact with other franchises in Toy Box mode, but it's still ridiculous. Disney is notoriously restrictive with their franchises.

Personally I want to see Ralph wreck some Omnidroids, Davy Jones brawling through the Lone Ranger playset, and Jack Skellington clambering through Monsters University.

INFINITY Villains seems to be another 3-pack on GameStop. Best Buy doesn't seem to have it.
(Davy Jones, Randall, Syndrome)

This also is making me second-guess the pre-ordering of Davy Jones as my bonus from Amazon if I can get it in that combo pack.

If there were characters I am interested in, I would jump on this deal, but as it is, I'll pass for now. I'm waiting for some classic Disney or at least the good Pixar. I'll take Nightmare Before Christmas as well!

I thought they said they would have pre built levels for other characters to come into apart from the create mode. I have seen couple of articles on the same. Like a race car track and 2d Smash Bros style levels already edited. I am looking at the prices too.

Likely a price mistake...the price has been $12.99 for several weeks, but still worth a shot since the singles will be $12.99.

[quote name='tylerh1701']They seriously want to charge $12.99 for a single character? That's insane, am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure people will buy them. If I end up getting this for my kids I will wait this time until there are lots of loose ones on ebay for cheap. If anything they'll want Skylanders Swap Force much more than Disney Infinity.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I'm sure people will buy them. If I end up getting this for my kids I will wait this time until there are lots of loose ones on ebay for cheap. If anything they'll want Skylanders Swap Force much more than Disney Infinity.[/QUOTE]

Since me and my son are done with both Skylanders games. I was hoping Swap Force would come out before his September 24th birthday. Since it is not we figured we would get him the starter pack and it would be easy b-days gifts for family and schoolmates to each get him a $12.99 figure for Infinity.

[quote name='tylerh1701']They seriously want to charge $12.99 for a single character? That's insane, am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

Skylanders was 9.99 for regular figure and 14.99 for the giants figure. I can see the extra 3 for each figure becaues it's Disney charectors.

[quote name='Marauder7']Skylanders was 9.99 for regular figure and 14.99 for the giants figure. I can see the extra 3 for each figure becaues it's Disney charectors.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I thought the original Skylanders were $8 each. No clue about the giants, I decided I was done with the series after the first game.

Skylanders go on sale all the time, they aren't selling in my area, well some of them are but they definitely are not flying off the shelves as they should be, so I would expect more sales on skylanders after this hits. I prefer the skylanders franchise since I am not really interested in Disney stuff.

I bit on the deal but with my Amazon preorder, I received a promo coupon for a free figure. I used the code for Mike Wazowski, which I'm now also getting in this set. I contacted Amazon and they are not able to change the figure associated with the promo. Guess I'll try to swap the promo Mike at a Walmart or something for in-store credit towards a different figure...

bread's done
Back