Photo
- - - - -

Pokemon Rumble U (Wii U) free Black or White Kyurem with purchase at Gamestop.

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#1 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

I noticed this in store today and figured it would be worth posting.  Gamestop is exclusively giving away either a Black or White Kyurem NFC figure if you purchase the digital code for Pokemon Rumble U in-store.  I guess its the only way to get the Black/White Kyurem figures in the US.  For anyone interested in the game, this is probably the best route to go for getting it.

http://www.pokemon.c...top-2013-08-19/

#2 bullseye

bullseye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

im wondering of you can buy the figure today and get the code today or wait till the 29th.

#3 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ap6s-tqfkOY

Europe got special edition which comes in a box with both figure.

http://www.game.co.u...edition-242378/

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#4 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

I don't even have a Wii U, but I want those figures!  :bouncy:

Why is there no Persona avatars on PSN?  [-(

#5 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Damn, I'll have to do this for my daughter.  Thanks OP!

uc.png

#6 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I will probably grab this just to have something else to play with my niece!

#7 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

im wondering of you can buy the figure today and get the code today or wait till the 29th.

I don't think they have any of the figures on hand.

#8 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

And so it begins....

Figures. Been saving the $20 worth of credit on my WiiU just for this game and now I find out I'm going to have to go to GameStop. Hopefully my friend who is a store manager can hook me up with both. I don't know anyone else with a WiiU or I would just buy two copies and give the other away to a friend. I suppose I could try trading it but I've had very little luck trading.

#9 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

To quote my post about Disney Infinity, "I hope this fails". This is bad for gamers. These games (all three of them) take the free to play model and then charge you for the game as well as the new areas that get unlocked. How many of these games can the market support? Is this going to be like MMO's where one company's massive success gets dozens of others into the game only to see their product lines failing?

With the Wii U's small install base and Disney Infinity on the same console, is it at all likely this will be a huge success?

#10 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Pokemon figures are *extremely* collectible regardless of its fuctionality (see: Pokemon Battrio)

#11 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

Pokemon figures are *extremely* collectible regardless of its fuctionality (see: Pokemon Battrio)

I can see it now, the future collections of Pokemon.

article-2019094-0D10050500000578-743_964

#12 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

To quote my post about Disney Infinity, "I hope this fails". This is bad for gamers. These games (all three of them) take the free to play model and then charge you for the game as well as the new areas that get unlocked. How many of these games can the market support? Is this going to be like MMO's where one company's massive success gets dozens of others into the game only to see their product lines failing?

With the Wii U's small install base and Disney Infinity on the same console, is it at all likely this will be a huge success?

The game is $18 with figures at $4, the pricing is a lot better than Infinity or Skylander

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#13 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

Its interesting, but I didnt even really like the 3DS version much, let alone paying for random figures.

I already wasted years of money on Pokemon and Yugioh cards, I aint falling for that shit again
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

The game is $18 with figures at $4, the pricing is a lot better than Infinity or Skylander

That does sound a lot better but aren't they randomized or some bullshit like that?  At least that's what I was told in some other thread.  If they're randomized then that makes them pretty shitty too.  It seems like these games should be free and they should just charge for the portals or in the case of Pokemon Rumble, make the game a free to play download or maybe just charge $10 for the disk then make your money from the figures.  It's pretty fucked up to pay full price for a game that basically locks out all the content until you buy it.  At least with "DLC on disk" they lock out content that isn't the main game while in the case of these games they're locking out content that you already paid for when you bought the game!

#15 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

I think I am  heading to GS to pick this up!   Wonder when they will have the bonus figure in and when they will have the rest.

#16 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

I think I am  heading to GS to pick this up!   Wonder when they will have the bonus figure in and when they will have the rest.

Please don't add to the collection.

#17 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Pretty good deal. Ill head out tomorrow to pre order

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#18 The Questyen

The Questyen

Wii game total at 528!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Not to mention these figures aren't needed for the game. All the characters are available to play in the game these figures just give you versions with better stats.

Now Playing: Dead Space Extraction (Wii) / The Swapper (PS4)

Recently Finished:  Vessel (PS3) C- / Metroid Prime (replay) (Wii) A / The Walking Dead Season 2: Ep 4 (PS3) A-

#19 jholden3249

jholden3249

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

I respectfully disagree, for Pokémon Rumble U at least. The reason being no part of the game is locked away. When you buy the game, you get the full game, no exceptions. All the figures do is allow you to "scan" them in via the NFC chip in the gamepad (the characters are already in the game, however), which then grants some extra stats to that character, and allows you to bring your figure to any friend's house and load in your character into their game. You can also save your entire save file onto any figure, and load your game onto any Wii U. That's ok with me. That is not bad for gamers. That's just collectible figures that go hand in hand with a game. Now with Disney Infinity and Skylanders, you have a legit point. But Pokémon Rumble U is not like those games, with regard to locked game content.

#20 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

Hopefully it's better than the last pokemon rumble...

#21 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

Pretty good deal. Ill head out tomorrow to pre order

Are you doing Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and Pokemon Rumble?

I respectfully disagree, for Pokémon Rumble U at least. The reason being no part of the game is locked away. When you buy the game, you get the full game, no exceptions. All the figures do is allow you to "scan" them in via the NFC chip in the gamepad (the characters are already in the game, however), which then grants some extra stats to that character, and allows you to bring your figure to any friend's house and load in your character into their game. You can also save your entire save file onto any figure, and load your game onto any Wii U. That's ok with me. That is not bad for gamers. That's just collectible figures that go hand in hand with a game. Now with Disney Infinity and Skylanders, you have a legit point. But Pokémon Rumble U is not like those games, with regard to locked game content.

Okay I hadn't heard that.  So you don't have to buy the figure to use a Pokemon?

#22 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

on their website it says you don't.  the figure will have "secrets" in there. (I guess stat boost ) but the actual pokemon is ingame and available to everyone.  You can also level up the figure.

I find the smartcard thing interesting. seem like if you scan a smartcard, you might get a helper pokemon in game.

so far this seem pretty smooth.

#23 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

on their website it says you don't.  the figure will have "secrets" in there. (I guess stat boost ) but the actual pokemon is ingame and available to everyone.  You can also level up the figure.

I find the smartcard thing interesting. seem like if you scan a smartcard, you might get a helper pokemon in game.

so far this seem pretty smooth.

Alright, I take most of it back.  The packs being randomized is still kind of scummy.

#24 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

Well... it probably encourage more trading...   Pokemon like that kind of stuff...

I rather knowing what they are rather than random and trade locally... but I can understand why it is random.

#25 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

I'll probably pre-order tomorrow. I'm willing to give the game a try.

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6213-9792

Animal Crossing Trade List (will update frequently)

#26 247

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:53 AM

When I went to GS Monday, people were trying to pre order the game. It took a while for the employee to find the game since its not a physical game but a code. They also did not get the figure, the employee said they should get it when they go pick up the game.

#27 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

oh... so when preordering digital from in store, it is the same as physical games? go there on day of release, pay it (if not paid in full already), and pick up a receipt with code?

heh... never actually done that at gamestop.

#28 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:54 AM

I pre-ordered this for my son today.  Was told that both the download codes and the figures are not going to be in-store until 8/29.  They are not sure if I could pick between black/white Kyurem either.

#29 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

ah, guess I have to find some time to go to the store.  Next planned trip to GS was to pick up Project Diva F, but that's the 27th... I don't know if the figures is based on preorder date or just the time you show up to pick it up. I want to make sure I get one.

#30 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

So you buy it and get a download code, and only one figure?