Pokemon Rumble U (Wii U) free Black or White Kyurem with purchase at Gamestop.

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I noticed this in store today and figured it would be worth posting.  Gamestop is exclusively giving away either a Black or White Kyurem NFC figure if you purchase the digital code for Pokemon Rumble U in-store.  I guess its the only way to get the Black/White Kyurem figures in the US.  For anyone interested in the game, this is probably the best route to go for getting it.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_pokemon_rumble_u_gamestop-2013-08-19/

Man, if what that dude said about the whole box being different, I kinda want to buy the whole set if they have it >:D, will give my local store a call.

I went in today and grabbed Madden. Asked about preordering RumbleU and luckily I did.

They only got 6 of the LE figures.

There were 2 left so I preordered and he gave me the figure today. I got the Black Kyreum!

Is the version from gamestop like the one from the UK? where you get everything in a box with another NFC figure and the poster?

Or is it just the download code and the limited figure?

Well, I managed to avoid Skylanders and Infinity but Pokémon pushed me right off the edge.  I caved and preordered the game and bought the entire damn box of figures.

I've read somewhere else that there's no White Kyurem and only the black one, and I've never seen anything to the contrary, mine is Black too.  Unless it's a coincidence, the box I bought had 18 figures, but it was open and on the counter for several days, so I can only guess it was full.  I'm either uncharacteristically lucky, or there's a pretty good spread of figures.  My box had every figure except for Bulbasaur, but had two Jirachi's.

Sooo...anyone want to trade a Jirachi for a Bulbasaur? :bouncy:

Well, I managed to avoid Skylanders and Infinity but Pokémon pushed me right off the edge. I caved and preordered the game and bought the entire damn box of figures.

I've read somewhere else that there's no White Kyurem and only the black one, and I've never seen anything to the contrary, mine is Black too. Unless it's a coincidence, the box I bought had 18 figures, but it was open and on the counter for several days, so I can only guess it was full. I'm either uncharacteristically lucky, or there's a pretty good spread of figures. My box had every figure except for Bulbasaur, but had two Jirachi's.

Nice dude, I called up my gamestop and they don't have the figures yet, according to what the dude told me. I really want to try and secure a box.

Well, I managed to avoid Skylanders and Infinity but Pokémon pushed me right off the edge. I caved and preordered the game and bought the entire damn box of figures.

I've read somewhere else that there's no White Kyurem and only the black one, and I've never seen anything to the contrary, mine is Black too. Unless it's a coincidence, the box I bought had 18 figures, but it was open and on the counter for several days, so I can only guess it was full. I'm either uncharacteristically lucky, or there's a pretty good spread of figures. My box had every figure except for Bulbasaur, but had two Jirachi's.

Did you get any shinny?

I managed to get a white one. Guess that means it'll be easier to find a black one to go with it.

I managed to get a white one. Guess that means it'll be easier to find a black one to go with it.
Hehe after reading the previous about all black, I had to open mine and I got a white one too . (took the pic b4 reading ur post so oh well, I am posting the pic anyway :p )

IMAG0534.jpg

I wish they would put more effort into the games, though.  This looks about as good as the Wii version (both look like total ass).

I know the draw is the collecting part, but how about putting a little more effort into the character models and the world.  This is the very definition of greatest reward for smallest effort.

I wish they would put more effort into the games, though. This looks about as good as the Wii version (both look like total ass).
I know the draw is the collecting part, but how about putting a little more effort into the character models and the world. This is the very definition of greatest reward for smallest effort.
Yeah. A full fledged Pokemon Wii U game would get me in, but not this. This will sell regardless, so the minimal effort makes sense. Sad, but true.

I talked to the rep about buying a box, he set one aside for me. Man I can't believe i'm doing this, but I guess it's ok since I'm not into skylanders or that disney jank.

GameStop let my girlfriend preorder three copies of the game and get three of the figures. They had four figures and somebody had already preordered one.

She opened one and it was White. She's saving the other two for me to open...though I'm not holding my breath on getting Black.

Wife stopped in at a gamestop to preorder it today and the girl working there was totally clueless and said its not coming out tomorrow,its not in the system,there is no pre order available ext....

She then went to the gamestop less then 1 mile away and pre ordered it. Didn't get the figure though i guess because they don't have them yet,but i am a little worried about that because the gamestop she pre ordered it from the day before when she called told her that all the pre orders were taken but yet today was told none were taken.

Wife stopped in at a gamestop to preorder it today and the girl working there was totally clueless and said its not coming out tomorrow,its not in the system,there is no pre order available ext....

She then went to the gamestop less then 1 mile away and pre ordered it. Didn't get the figure though i guess because they don't have them yet,but i am a little worried about that because the gamestop she pre ordered it from the day before when she called told her that all the pre orders were taken but yet today was told none were taken.

Same thing here. Went to one and they told me it was non-reserveable went to another and they let me preorder but no figure. So now I have to wait and hope they have the figures tomorrow.

Turns out it doesn't come up if it's looked up as a physical release it has to be searched for as DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many figures will you guys pick up? I am trying to resist the collector in me and only pick up 3-4 and have fun with whatever I get but I am afraid tomorrow as I stand there I will just grab them all...

Does anyone have a white Kyurem for trade? I have the Black Kyurem for trade.

I really wants to buy the whole box and get complete set characters instead hunting down for missing one!  It's $4  and it's not CHEAP ;)

I read up more on these. So they're basically like gumball toys or that gaptcha whatever toy game in Japan. Is there a way to make sure you get a Kyurem and not a regular figure?

I really wants to buy the whole box and get complete set characters instead hunting down for missing one! It's $4 and it's not CHEAP ;)
do they sell boxes just like trading card boxes?

I read up more on these. So they're basically like gumball toys or that gaptcha whatever toy game in Japan. Is there a way to make sure you get a Kyurem and not a regular figure?

do they sell boxes just like trading card boxes?
the kyurem is only a bonus, I don't believe they are included in the lot for the regular and they are only available while supply last. It seems that each store only received a few so ask if they are still available when you buy the game. I don't think they sell it by the box but if they have one unopened, I am sure they are willing to sell it to you for the same amount. (tho maybe they will open it then to scan?) At the store I went to, they opened a box to display on the counter, forgot if they have any other box not opened. When they hand me the bonus, they grab it out of a drawer so they keep them separate.

Were these only for pre-ordering? Now that it's out today would they still have them or no? This is the first time I heard about this and I was going to go there to pre-order the CE of Wind Waker HD and might get this as well

it doesn't say it is a preorder bonus but just limited supply til it run out.  Don't know if the store actually make any distinction... like holding it for preorders.  Just ask the clerk if they are still available for you if you put down the money right there.  Supply it seem is pretty limited, 5ish at each store.

The Black Kyurem and White Kyurem NFC Figures will be available for a limited time only and only while supplies last. Head to participating GameStop stores to purchase your game code for Pokémon Rumble U and get a cool Pokémon Rumble U NFC Figure today!

it doesn't say it is a preorder bonus but just limited supply til it run out. Don't know if the store actually make any distinction... like holding it for preorders. Just ask the clerk if they are still available for you if you put down the money right there.

The Black Kyurem and White Kyurem NFC Figures will be available for a limited time only and only while supplies last. Head to participating GameStop stores to purchase your game code for Pokémon Rumble U and get a cool Pokémon Rumble U NFC Figure today!

Ah, I might give them a call then to see if I should go in early or not I suppose, if they don't have it I'll probably just pick it up on the eShop since I have credit there. Thanks

I have a white kyurem figure now, my husband's preorder figure has yet to be picked up.  May be looking for a black kyurem.  I'll also be buying a full box of the figures, so hopefully I'll get a shiny.  Apparently they're 1 per box, with three different total: Genesect, Pikachu, and Eevee.

it doesn't say it is a preorder bonus but just limited supply til it run out. Don't know if the store actually make any distinction... like holding it for preorders. Just ask the clerk if they are still available for you if you put down the money right there. Supply it seem is pretty limited, 5ish at each store.

The Black Kyurem and White Kyurem NFC Figures will be available for a limited time only and only while supplies last. Head to participating GameStop stores to purchase your game code for Pokémon Rumble U and get a cool Pokémon Rumble U NFC Figure today!

My store / friend said that they were holding them for preorders.

but what's preventing me/others asking for one more when I show up tomorrow... since I preordered late and already picked one up, that one possibly already screwed over someone who preordered before the figures showed up...

man, I think I am gonna pick up a whole box tomorrow if anything just to protect myself from getting screwed later by speculators.

Hmmmm, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask then, hopefully they have an extra though since I wouldn't mind getting a figure with the game.

Definitely, the way I figure, a $4 figure free makes the game only $14 :)
Yeah, and as you pointed out they're going for a fair bit more than that online I guess, I only really want a Bulbasaur one from the mysteries, have to debate if I'm going to just buy one online or get some mystery ones, got a couple of hours left before they open though.

Yeah, and as you pointed out they're going for a fair bit more than that online I guess, I only really want a Bulbasaur one from the mysteries, have to debate if I'm going to just buy one online or get some mystery ones, got a couple of hours left before they open though.
Here's pretty much the break down you're looking at.

Online?

Hassle free.

Higher price.

Buying say 3 mystery balls?

1:18 odd (assuming all have an equal rate and Shiny Pokemon are part of this 18)

Lower cost, higher risk.

Can find someone online to trade, but might take a while and costs a little more.

Got my code. Just on the bottom of the receipt and nothing fancy. Had a lot of 0 / O's, which is always fantastic, though I don't think O is used, but the number 0 is. Also got my toy from one of the rudest employees I've dealt with.

Some guy on gamefaqs said he brought a whole box without a shiny so the chance of getting one is less than 1/18.

I have a black Kyurem I want to trade for a white one if anyone here is interested.  I also bought the entire box of figures (18) at my local Gamestop this morning, but I had to come straight to work after so I haven't opened them yet.

Here's pretty much the break down you're looking at.

Online?

Hassle free.

Higher price.

Buying say 3 mystery balls?

1:18 odd (assuming all have an equal rate and Shiny Pokemon are part of this 18)

Lower cost, higher risk.

Can find someone online to trade, but might take a while and costs a little more.
Yeah man, I ended up getting 6 of them, didn't want to spend to much and figured I can easily get the ones I want now even if I have to trade or buy/sell some, plus my dad runs a toy store so I can use that for help as well maybe, have to let him know what it's about. But I ended up getting one of the bonus figures as well along with the game and paid off Zelda Wind Waker, haven't opened them yet but I'm hoping for the best.

I went to 4 GS's.  3 of them had only white Kyurem's and the 4th finally had a black one.

The Kyurems are in blind packaging (you can see them through the holes in the pokeball but they are really similar so its hard to tell), but luckily I talked the stores into opening them so that "the customer could choose what one they wanted like the mini skylanders"

I also bought 18 figures but havent opened them yet.  Im guessing ill probably get some duplicates so maybe i'll open up a thread in the trading forum or something.

I'm gonna try my luck with some figures this evening. Someone should start a dedicated thread in the master trading forum. I'm sure we will all end up with doubles. I'd rather take my chances with a CAG then from ebay or craigslist. I'm gonna need a complete set.

mIWbsU4.jpg

Oh god what have I done. The dude couldn't find the pre-order figure though, so I'm gonna have to go back :/

12 figures, friend and employee bought the rest, case was sealed. 0 Shiny. We all sat there opening everything. Store got all White Kyurem, I wanted black so it sucks.

I finally opened my box of 18, I got every single figure, no duplicates.  However, I also don't think I got a single shiny figure, so that sucks.

As I had posted earlier I started a Facebook group for trading. Although a CAG trade thread may be a better option. Has anyone started one here yet? I'm sure to get doubles I want to get rid of.

Also, I'll buy any shiny anyone wants to sell. Bulbasaur has a special place in my heart so I will definitely be looking for a shiny version of him. PM me with what you are willing to sell them for. I'm thinking $10 is a fair price.

bread's done
Back