Photo
- - - - -

Pokemon Rumble U (Wii U) free Black or White Kyurem with purchase at Gamestop.

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#31 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:51 AM

Are you doing Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and Pokemon Rumble?

What makes you say that?

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#32 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

So you buy it and get a download code, and only one figure?

Yes.  Regular figures are $4 each, in blind box.

#33 PAULINK

PAULINK

Woah, I can edit this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

Yes.  Regular figures are $4 each, in blind box.

This part sucks. Wish I could just buy a batch and get them all. Now i'm going to have to play the luck of the draw.

Posted Image

#34 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

My friend in the UK got this the other day.  For him the Kyurem he got is a really high level, so I'm guessing that's the draw of the figures.  Also, he wasn't able to try (since he already opened his) but I wondered if you could put the unopened pokeball near the gamepad to see what figure is inside, the way you can with the blind packs for Disney Infinity.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Battle Princess of Arcadias (PS3)

Atelier Rorona Plus (Vita)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: PAX 2013: Bayonetta 2 Impressions   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#35 Bii

Bii

*does the robot*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

My friend in the UK got this the other day.  For him the Kyurem he got is a really high level, so I'm guessing that's the draw of the figures.  Also, he wasn't able to try (since he already opened his) but I wondered if you could put the unopened pokeball near the gamepad to see what figure is inside, the way you can with the blind packs for Disney Infinity.

The thought never occurred to me to do something like that. Looks like I'll buy a few figures and return any doubles if this is the case.

#36 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

Is it preorder only to get the limited figure or is just buy the game(downloadable code) at gamestop after its release and get the figure?

#37 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Is it preorder only to get the limited figure or is just buy the game(downloadable code) at gamestop after its release and get the figure?

"The Black Kyurem and White Kyurem NFC Figures will be available for a limited time only and only while supplies last."

I would pre-order just to be sure.

#38 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Gonna have to head in there this weekend and get a couple preorders in.

#39 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

I was in 2 GS the past few days - looking for the Pokemon B/W DL - and neither mentioned that I could pre-order this even though we talked about it at length in both stores. 

I read somebody in the EU bought a full display box of 17 and they were all different. There are 18 total so I suppose it's possible the boxes are filled out like this? 

As others have said - I don't equate this w/ Skylanders or Disney as the toys aren't necessary. Also, Pokmeon toys are everywhere. We have several dozen of various types in my house already, so a few more at $4 each won't matter much. And my kids spend about $20 per month on Pokemon cards so my guess is they forego the cards a month and by a bunch of these instead.

And at $18 the game is only $3 more than the 3DS Pokedex (which replaced the free Pokedex) which my kids each own, so they spent a total of $30 on that. For Pokemon fans this isn't really anything out of the ordinary, either in price or toy collection. And they each have a $1 Target pre-order card for $39.99 X+Y so this will be played for 6 weeks and then be swept aside. 

#40 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

This seems like a cool way to approach the whole NFC mini-fig exploitation ;)

But the game doesn't sound to be too good.

I'm not a Pokemon fiend so maybe that's why I'm not that into it.

Current Playlist:

Wii U  +++++  Mario Kart 8 - tear it up!     Deus Ex HR - sneak, sneak goes the Aug.    

Shovel Knight - Clank... goes my shovel against the skull

Xbox 360  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 - YACHT ROCK**YACHT ROCK***YACHT ROCK**YACHT ROCK***YACHT ROCK**

Earth Defense Force 2025 - EDF... EDF... EDF!!!

#41 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

I pre-ordered from my local GS today. I plan on going to the store on release day anyway to get my figure, but the associate said my download code might show up in my digital locker on my PowerUp rewards card website. I don't know how much stock to put into that, but again, I'm going in the store anyway.

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6213-9792

Animal Crossing Trade List (will update frequently)

#42 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Went to GS to pick up my Project Diva F preorder and also placed a preorder for Pokemon Rumble U and picked up the bonus figure. 

Forgot to ask if they still have the box for the rest sealed. they opened one box and have it on the counter already.

IMAG0533.jpg

#43 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I went this past weekend to preorder and the clerk couldn't even find it in the system as something that can be preordered. :/ so.. do you get the figure just for buying the game?

#44 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

And so it begins....

Figures. Been saving the $20 worth of credit on my WiiU just for this game and now I find out I'm going to have to go to GameStop. Hopefully my friend who is a store manager can hook me up with both. I don't know anyone else with a WiiU or I would just buy two copies and give the other away to a friend. I suppose I could try trading it but I've had very little luck trading.

We have five of the "premium" figures in right now, but they are blind like the purchasable figures, so I'm guessing it'll be random as to if you get the white or black one.

76561198003985248.png

#45 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Yup.  I asked about it and the clerk had to go find the preorder figure in the drawer.  (didnt get a clear look but it doesn't look like they have too many of the bonus figure in the drawer, probably less than 5.   I only preorder so it is not paid in full, but he handed it to me anyway.

#46 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

From what I head the Wii U won't be able to read the figure without opening it.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#47 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

I started a trade group on Facebook hoping to find some folks who want to exchange doubles. If there's anyone here that lives in the Phoenix metro area send me a PM if you are interested in trading with me or search Facebook for Pokemon Rumble U Trading. I got a white preorder figure and hoping to snag a black one when I stop by to pick up my preorder.

#48 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Anyone who works at gamestop or has already pre ordered know what the code is to look up in the system for it?

Tried calling gamestop today and the assistant manager was clueless about it when i asked then came back saying 5 were available and then told me the price was $18.I know the per order set was more then that from them and just the code itself was $18.

The wife is going to stop in tomorrow when shes in that town to place the pre order and i was hoping i could give her some more information about it before going in.

#49 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

for the whole box set of pokemon figure?

#50 PAULINK

PAULINK

Woah, I can edit this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Man, if what that dude said about the whole box being different, I kinda want to buy the whole set if they have it >:D, will give my local store a call.

Posted Image

#51 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

I went in today and grabbed Madden. Asked about preordering RumbleU and luckily I did.

They only got 6 of the LE figures.

There were 2 left so I preordered and he gave me the figure today. I got the Black Kyreum!

#52 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:23 AM

Is the version from gamestop like the one from the UK? where you get everything in a box with another NFC figure and the poster?

Or is it just the download code and the limited figure?

#53 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

Well, I managed to avoid Skylanders and Infinity but Pokémon pushed me right off the edge.  I caved and preordered the game and bought the entire damn box of figures.

I've read somewhere else that there's no White Kyurem and only the black one, and I've never seen anything to the contrary, mine is Black too.  Unless it's a coincidence, the box I bought had 18 figures, but it was open and on the counter for several days, so I can only guess it was full.  I'm either uncharacteristically lucky, or there's a pretty good spread of figures.  My box had every figure except for Bulbasaur, but had two Jirachi's.

Sooo...anyone want to trade a Jirachi for a Bulbasaur? :bouncy:

#54 PAULINK

PAULINK

Woah, I can edit this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

Well, I managed to avoid Skylanders and Infinity but Pokémon pushed me right off the edge.  I caved and preordered the game and bought the entire damn box of figures.

I've read somewhere else that there's no White Kyurem and only the black one, and I've never seen anything to the contrary, mine is Black too.  Unless it's a coincidence, the box I bought had 18 figures, but it was open and on the counter for several days, so I can only guess it was full.  I'm either uncharacteristically lucky, or there's a pretty good spread of figures.  My box had every figure except for Bulbasaur, but had two Jirachi's.

Nice dude, I called up my gamestop and they don't have the figures yet, according to what the dude told me. I really want to try and secure a box.

Posted Image

#55 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

Did you get any shinny?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#56 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

Well, I managed to avoid Skylanders and Infinity but Pokémon pushed me right off the edge. I caved and preordered the game and bought the entire damn box of figures.

I've read somewhere else that there's no White Kyurem and only the black one, and I've never seen anything to the contrary, mine is Black too. Unless it's a coincidence, the box I bought had 18 figures, but it was open and on the counter for several days, so I can only guess it was full. I'm either uncharacteristically lucky, or there's a pretty good spread of figures. My box had every figure except for Bulbasaur, but had two Jirachi's.

I managed to get a white one. Guess that means it'll be easier to find a black one to go with it.

#57 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

I managed to get a white one. Guess that means it'll be easier to find a black one to go with it.

Hehe after reading the previous about all black, I had to open mine and I got a white one too . (took the pic b4 reading ur post so oh well, I am posting the pic anyway :P )

IMAG0534.jpg

#58 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

Did you get any shinny?

Oh shit. Really? Hmm...now that you mention it, my Pikachu looks a bit darker yellow than I'd expect.

Damn.  Looks like I'm missing two.  Maybe someone won't pick up their pre order on Thursday.

#59 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

I wish they would put more effort into the games, though.  This looks about as good as the Wii version (both look like total ass).

I know the draw is the collecting part, but how about putting a little more effort into the character models and the world.  This is the very definition of greatest reward for smallest effort.

#60 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

I wish they would put more effort into the games, though. This looks about as good as the Wii version (both look like total ass).
I know the draw is the collecting part, but how about putting a little more effort into the character models and the world. This is the very definition of greatest reward for smallest effort.

Yeah. A full fledged Pokemon Wii U game would get me in, but not this. This will sell regardless, so the minimal effort makes sense. Sad, but true.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4