Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9914 replies to this topic

#1021 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Not again, WHD.  You won't get me to buy another copy of Seaman to only get the game... 

Guess I won't be picking that up, then.

Currently Playing:  :ps3: God of War   :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (star hunting)   :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Finished:  :ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    :3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon    :pc: Gone Home

#1022 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Wow, I missed a fair amount but for the best.

Just got my GoW CE and it's OK I guess.  Not as impressed as I thought I would be.  Statue looks like it was never taken out of the plastic, steelbook is in decent shape but there's a scrape on the part you pull on to open it.  It also doesn't really want to close again very well.  No soundtrack too.  Probably going to look at it a little closer later but at this point probably going to be a return.

Soundtrack is digital I think.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#1023 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Soundtrack is digital I think.

Well, still going back most likely.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#1024 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Well, still going back most likely.

Have you tried the vouchers?  I think that is the meaty part of the CE since it has future the DLC included and the other stuff.  

Usually GoW games don't go down too much in price until a long time.  You can find GOW III for $10 used on GS now after 3 years of release.  

Can I ask what you were expecting or why didn't you like it for the price? 

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#1025 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Anyone know how much Person 4 Golden was going for?

Currently Playing:  :ps3: :vita: Final Fantasy X HD |  :pc: Elder Scrolls Online|

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Captain America: The Winter Soldier :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

#1026 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

about when do black friday ads/deals start leaking?

#1027 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Have you tried the vouchers?  I think that is the meaty part of the CE since it has future the DLC included and the other stuff.  

Usually GoW games don't go down too much in price until a long time.  You can find GOW III for $10 used on GS now after 3 years of release.  

Can I ask what you were expecting or why didn't you like it for the price? 

I agree. From the sounds of it, it seems like a near ideal situation. The statue was brand new and the steelbook only had one scratch on it. That sounds pretty much like a win. 

#1028 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

I think the earliest I've seen in my 9 years of BF madness has been two weeks prior to BF. Maybe three?

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#1029 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

IIRC, they start to appear around mid-to-late October...I think.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1030 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

ok cool thanks

#1031 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Ugh. I just found out that Amazon charges tax for Virginia now. When the crap did this happen?

#1032 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

They must have gotten a physical warehouse there or they passed legislation. Unfortunately Florida is getting a stupid warehouse in exchange for 3k minimum wage jobs so hooray? Newegg will be the last place to get electronics without tax I guess.

#1033 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Just got my GoW CE and it's OK I guess.  Not as impressed as I thought I would be.  Statue looks like it was never taken out of the plastic, steelbook is in decent shape but there's a scrape on the part you pull on to open it.  It also doesn't really want to close again very well.  No soundtrack too.  Probably going to look at it a little closer later but at this point probably going to be a return.

You should expect things to be worn, unless you want to get banned for too many returns, lower your standards, don't expect everything to be perfect and flawless, and "new" even though it said acceptable etc.

#1034 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Ugh. I just found out that Amazin charges tax for Virginia now. When the crap did this happen?

Since the 1 fo September.  I had Credit and was hoping they did not charge tax on stuffpaid with creditlike GS  but apparently they don't. 

#1035 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

That's a huge bummer.

#1036 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Ugh. I just found out that Amazon charges tax for Virginia now. When the crap did this happen?

Just be grateful that sales tax is only 5-6% in Virginia compared to the 9% in LA. :(

#1037 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Yes. It's 9% in most GameStops and 7.5% on Amazon for us and gift credit is charged as well, so there's no way around it.

So...

Quit bitching about your low sales tax.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Please send me a PM if you used my referrals. I want to do raffles for you.

#1038 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

8% at my gamestop, but it's pretty cool that PUR cancels out tax.

Amazon doesn't charge tax when you buy from another user though, I think.

#1039 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

You have too high expectations. Especially for the price. Just be a hoarder and toss it in your collection and move forward. Or buy it again later for the same price because you will along with everything else at AWD.  ;)

512847.png

#1040 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Over the summer, I went to some other GameStops with lower sales taxes. They were based on cities. The cities in Central California have lower sales taxes. Amazon doesn't charge sales tax when buying from a seller outside your state whose items aren't fulfilled by Amazon.

#1041 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Does anyone have any proof that Amazon actually bans people for too many returns or getting too many credits? I've seen one topic on here, like 3 years ago, that had one person saying they were banned. That person was unable to provide any proof, but it still set off a firestorm around here. I'd like to see some actual proof of this happening. Something more than scare tactics, please.

ProfessorStotch.png

Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Recently added:

- Witch and the Hundred Knight: $25 shipped! (Available until 4/24/14)

#1042 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

There were posts that Amazon sent some members some e-mails regarding their high number of returns, but I don't remember anyone stating an actual ban for it. Of course slidecage does come in here right after that and he claims that Amazon does it despite Customer Service always giving him an insane amount of credit just to avoid talking to him.

#1043 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

:psp: Vita 16 GB Memory Card  (LN) $28.91

#1044 Agent Hero

Agent Hero

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

They must have gotten a physical warehouse there or they passed legislation. Unfortunately Florida is getting a stupid warehouse in exchange for 3k minimum wage jobs so hooray? Newegg will be the last place to get electronics without tax I guess.

Minimum wage is $12.00 per hour?

#1045 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

:psp: Vita 16 GB Memory Card (LN) $28.91

Just picked up 2, locked in trade for $38 each.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#1046 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

An FYI

New Super Mario Wii and Galaxy 2 got dropped to $30 MSRP
Posted Image

#1047 Sleipnir

Sleipnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

What??? Damn... never expected FL to get a warehouse... we have one near enough and FL doesn't seem like a good distribution point map-wise

#1048 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Just picked up 2, locked in trade for $38 each.

:( I needed one...

#1049 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

There's a warehouse coming in Florida?!

Noooo

#1050 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

There's a warehouse coming in Florida?!

Noooo

This lol, any idea when this will come into effect? It has to be brought up as a bill first, right? 

NoQf2AF.jpg