Photo
* * * * - 37 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/24: Holiday Sale Wk 4 (Proteus, DuckTales, Hotline Miami, Castle of Illusion)! Walking Dead S2 Season Pass $15!

PS3 Vita PSP PlayStation Store PSN PlayStation Plus Deals PS1 PS2 PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10878 replies to this topic

#4411 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Looks like Unfinished Swan and Journey are possibly coming to PS4 as well, probably with the same cross-buy promo attached.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=707967

(Watch out, it's a NeoGAF link.  According to others, you may get infected with uncontrollable Sony fanboyism)

I wish they were porting a little bit cooler games, but I guess free is free.  I highly doubt I'll ever want to play Flow, Flower, or Journey again. Maybe if they have separate trophy lists, but I highly doubt it.

EDIT: Actually looks like there probably will be separate trophies for those 4 confirmed games (Flow, Flower, Escape Plan, Sound Shapes).

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-907688

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-907709

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4412 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Yay some positivity towards Revelations.  This gives me some hope.  IGN ranked it behind (!) the original.  And the original was beyond boring.

Oh god I hope not.  The only team I dislike more than the Red Sox is the Cubs.  

If anyone cares, I'm an Astros fan.  So I haven't had anything to cheer for in a long time.  So the only enjoyment I get is cheering against teams I hate.   Like the Cubs and Red Sox.  

Hahahahahaha...what? How? I don't even...

Like I should talk though, because the Red Sox were soooo good before 2003.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#4413 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

:wave: OH, HAI GUISE. Is that my cue?

The Origins review wasn't click bait. People's outrage that a "technically competent" game could get such a low score once again reflects poorly on the medium. So many games have been fundamentally broken that it's cultivated an audience of people who feel everything deserves at least a Fuck-ing 7 or 8 for achieving a certain level of functionality. Guess we're just handing out participation medals now?!?! Thank you, Jim Sterling...and, thank you, Polygon for attempting to push things forward.

It's sad when you compare video games to film, where basic Fuck-ing technical competence is assumed. A movie might be completely devoid of value, but it's still made by professionals with basic understanding of proper camera operation, lighting, editing, sound mixing, etc. I don't give a damn if Origins isn't "buggy" or plays okay. Why should developers/programmers be applauded for what they're supposed to do?!

Posted Image

You did this...YOU!

#4414 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hahahahahaha...what? How? I don't even...

Like I should talk though, because the Red Sox were soooo good before 2003.

Yeah I became a fan in the 90's.  Jeff Bagwell was my favorite player.  Killer B's were awesome and the Astros were actually really good even though they never made it over the final hump.  ( Fuck ing White Sox!)

And I was definitely rooting for the Red Sox in 2004.  That ALCS was probably the most amazing thing to ever happen in baseball.  But the millions of bandwagon Red Sox fans that have jumped on since 2004 have pushed me all the way to being a Yankees fan.  I can't stand the Red Sox anymore.  

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4415 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Bagwell was my favorite

Didn't know you were a rasslin' fan too

buff_bagwell.jpg

ProfessorStotch.png

My real name is Catfish!

#4416 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Didn't know you were a rasslin' fan too

Haha I was, but I hated the WCW.  

#4417 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Holy crap, I just noticed something pretty cool. When I was on the PS3 PSN store, it gave me the option to pay with PayPal. Nicely added surprise feature!

ProfessorStotch.png

My real name is Catfish!

#4418 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Real talk, why hasn't the store updated yet today?  This is fuckin bullshit.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4419 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

Does anyone know when Batman Blackgate for Vita will be available for free?

ProfessorStotch.png

My real name is Catfish!

#4420 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yeah I became a fan in the 90's.  Jeff Bagwell was my favorite player.  Killer B's were awesome and the Astros were actually really good even though they never made it over the final hump.  ( Fuck ing White Sox!)

And I was definitely rooting for the Red Sox in 2004.  That ALCS was probably the most amazing thing to ever happen in baseball.  But the millions of bandwagon Red Sox fans that have jumped on since 2004 have pushed me all the way to being a Yankees fan.  I can't stand the Red Sox anymore.  

Always wanted to see Bagwell and Biggio win a ring. 2 of my favorites growing up.

#4421 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Those Astros were fun to watch. Its too bad they have just let that franchise go to such shit.

In regards to your last paragraph, I don't know how something can contain something so horrible and something so awesome in statements that close together.

GS Feedback Sheet/Thread

https://docs.google....NWc&usp=sharing

MattNY.png

#4422 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

So to the people who agree with the 3.5 score, is Arkham Origins a shitty game then? Because even using the full 1-10 scale, a 3.5 means it sucks.

I haven't played the game yet. I share his sentiments about it being a blatant cash-in, though. Not sure how realistic it is for someone to review it in a vacuum. It was preceded by two incredible games, so it's only natural the standard is high.

His writing is technically competent but the quality of his reviews are devoid of value.

What you did there, I see...

8ehave7y.jpg

You did this...YOU!

Good lord, WHAT is that? Lol.

I can't say for sure, but I can tell you that my massive, bigger than life  Fuck-ing backlog is soooooo NOT ready. Unlike my body.

Backlog, backlog, backlog!

BACKLOG.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#4423 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Well it was either have no 3rd game or wait forever I guess. I do agree that WB Montreal played it very safe and really didnt do anything significant. Although I cant blame them too much cause Arkham City and what Rocksteady did was just beyond amazing that you either 1. Cant top it  2. Dont want to mess with something that fucks the whole game up.

The rating is because of the cash-in/safe play by WB. Its been 2 years since Arkham City. They can gladly cash in $60 from me cause I love the series. Its definitely not a 3.5/10. Id give it a 8.5/10

#4424 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Real talk, why hasn't the store updated yet today?  This is fuckin bullshit.

You two need to get lives, even worse than I do!

#4425 Zimm108

Zimm108

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'm glad I grabbed DmC in the sale this week. Never played any previous game in the series, but I'm having a blast playing. Story is a little cheesy/over the top, but it's damn fun chaining combos together to some jammin' metal.

#4426 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'm glad I grabbed DmC in the sale this week. Never played any previous game in the series, but I'm having a blast playing. Story is a little cheesy/over the top, but it's damn fun chaining combos together to some jammin' metal.

I give DmC a 2/10, because it has metal. And someone I saw a clip on Youtube of a bug in the game. Even though I didn't personally experience the bug, it still has a strong impact on my opinion.

ProfessorStotch.png

My real name is Catfish!

#4427 Zimm108

Zimm108

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

I give DmC a 2/10, because it has metal. And someone I saw a clip on Youtube of a bug in the game. Even though I didn't personally experience the bug, it still has a strong impact on my opinion.

Even though I don't personally experience your face, it still has a strong impact on my opinion of you.

(But seriously, Fuck yeah Lost)

#4428 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

Well it was either have no 3rd game or wait forever I guess. I do agree that WB Montreal played it very safe and really didnt do anything significant. Although I cant blame them too much cause Arkham City and what Rocksteady did was just beyond amazing that you either 1. Cant top it 2. Dont want to mess with something that fucks the whole game up.

The rating is because of the cash-in/safe play by WB. Its been 2 years since Arkham City. They can gladly cash in $60 from me cause I love the series. Its definitely not a 3.5/10. Id give it a 8.5/10

Agree completely. The map feels a little soulless with much less thought going into the "riddles". But gameplay is still great as ever and the story is a lot more solid than the villain parade that was Arkham City.

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#4429 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

Agree completely. The map feels a little soulless with much less thought going into the "riddles". But gameplay is still great as ever and the story is a lot more solid than the villain parade that was Arkham City.

I haven't gotten far enough in to make a final judgement of the game but the way it's immediately set up as "here's the eight bosses you're going to have to take down to get to Black Mask" felt so contrived. That cinematic had me rolling my eyes.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#4430 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

Here's my official review of Batman Blackgate:

hope you like shitty maps!

7/10

#4431 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

Here's my official review of Batman Blackgate:

hope you like shitty maps!

7/10

Do you mean that the map/level layout is shitting?  Or the in-game maps that you have to reference?

#4432 CzakJ

CzakJ

The rest is easy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

I really do want to pick Blackgate up but I've read nothing but "meh" things about the game. I guess I can wait until it's on PS+ since, you know, it's going to be there. Soon. I hope.

:ps4: Watch_Dogs

:vita: The Walking Dead: Season 1

#4433 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

I would kill exactly 17 people to get Shadow Complex on PS3 or Vita.

ProfessorStotch.png

My real name is Catfish!

#4434 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

Do you mean that the map/level layout is shitting? Or the in-game maps that you have to reference?

in game maps. it's really more an artifact of the .5 of 2.5d I guess - the same section of map can represent multiple tiers of elevations and at times seemingly unrelated areas. sometimes going to the right makes you appear to go down on the map, sometimes to the right, sometimes up. sometimes it takes 15 seconds for the map to load, probably because the weirdness of it requires high level calculus to compute. I'm not sure there's a better way to do it, but after hunting for one detective clue for an hour tonight when I knew the exact location on the map I can safely say that it sucks.

other stuff spoilered for long
Spoiler

#4435 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

That's the only reason I hung onto my 360 for two years of not playing it.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#4436 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

The devs got completely fucking stuck on that Infinity Blade game and Shadow Complex fell completely off their radar.  Which sucks. Stupid mobile gaming!

I just found out they're located in Salt Lake City.  Maybe I should go find their offices and kick some sense into them to make a Shadow Complex 2 and port the original!

#4437 TheGreenArr0w

TheGreenArr0w

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:08 AM

Awesome price for Fatal Frame 1 and 2. I highly suggest picking them up if you're a fan of horror games. Totally worth a blind buy.

Bitchin deal on Siren as well if you have PS+

#4438 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

Or you can just kill one guy that has an xbox 360 with Shadow complex. 

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#4439 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

I don't believe it came out in Europe because there ended up being a fan modded English translation patch for the Japanese version released last year, which could then be played on a modded Wii, or the Dolphin emulator.

http://www.nintendo....ion-282684.html

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#4440 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

The devs got completely fucking stuck on that Infinity Blade game and Shadow Complex fell completely off their radar.  Which sucks. Stupid mobile gaming!

I just found out they're located in Salt Lake City.  Maybe I should go find their offices and kick some sense into them to make a Shadow Complex 2 and port the original!

Good luck climbing up that pile of money they work on.

in game maps. it's really more an artifact of the .5 of 2.5d I guess - the same section of map can represent multiple tiers of elevations and at times seemingly unrelated areas. sometimes going to the right makes you appear to go down on the map, sometimes to the right, sometimes up. sometimes it takes 15 seconds for the map to load, probably because the weirdness of it requires high level calculus to compute. I'm not sure there's a better way to do it, but after hunting for one detective clue for an hour tonight when I knew the exact location on the map I can safely say that it sucks.

I don't know if it would've been a better solution, but a Metroid Prime-style map could've been what was needed to make it more obvious that there are tiers of paths through one hallway that are only accessible through taking different routes to get to one area. Going through the administration building, I was glad to see that the beta hacker upgrade let me open up big hallways to bypass a lot of that stuff to get around more easily.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Store, PSN, PlayStation Plus, Deals, PS1, PS2, PS+