Photo
* * * * - 37 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/24: Holiday Sale Wk 4 (Proteus, DuckTales, Hotline Miami, Castle of Illusion)! Walking Dead S2 Season Pass $15!

PS3 Vita PSP PlayStation Store PSN PlayStation Plus Deals PS1 PS2 PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10878 replies to this topic

#31 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

The store page for Castle of Illusion doesn't mention the preorder bonuses, and the PS blog stated that the preorder actually ends today. Did I miss out already, or did the page never mention the bonuses? I do notice that the game currently has a download size of 22 megs, which would make me think it might still have the original

No, there's no mention there but when you complete the purchase, it all appears in your download page.

#32 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

So I thought Limbo was supposed to be cross buy, but I see 2 PS3 versions on my download list, a 94 MB demo and associated unlock key and a 127 MB version, and no Vita version.

Anyone know what's going on here?  Just an error on the online store?

#33 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

So I thought Limbo was supposed to be cross buy, but I see 2 PS3 versions on my download list, a 94 MB demo and associated unlock key and a 127 MB version, and no Vita version.

Anyone know what's going on here?  Just an error on the online store?

The 127mb version is the vita version. The 94mb version with the unlock key is the ps3 one. I just bought it a few days ago as well.
Posted Image

#34 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

The full game is the Vita version. The demo is the PS3 version.

#35 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

It's right in the OP. :(

I don't use the PC version of the store because you can't download PSP/Mini/Vita games on it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#36 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

No trophies.

Dang! That would have been a SWEET bonus, but that would have been the gravy on a spectacular Thanksgiving turkey dinner anyway. I'm still in. :)

#37 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Dang! That would have been a SWEET bonus, but that would have been the gravy on a spectacular Thanksgiving turkey dinner anyway. I'm still in. :)

You can play the Genesis version now though. And you can save your progress.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#38 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

I don't use the PC version of the store because you can't download PSP/Mini/Vita games on it.

You can just purchase it on the web store and then download from the Download List on Vita for that stuff or do the same for PS3. Hell, you can even add the purchases to your automatic download queue to start downloading them on your PS3 or Vita without needing to do it yourself.

#39 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm kinda happy the deals aren't so good this week as well. Don't need to be spending more. And I keep forgetting the new Castle of Illusion comes out this week, so there's my new game fix.

#40 rpg

rpg

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Getting One Piece 2. :whee:

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#41 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Great, going to buy Journey. Thanks OP.

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#42 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Okay last few Qs before I make my purchases this week:

EDF discount isn't listed as going away next week. Is that because it's unknown when it'll end or do we know it will be around for longer than just this week? I have a $10 self-imposed cap on all digital purchases unless there is very special exceptions (Castle of Illusion's awesome preorder bonus being a perfect example) and I would really like to snag EDF but I'm kinda thinking that my $10 limit is what I should hold out for.

The same question goes for the Bit.Trip DLC. Is it going to be on sale next week too? I really need to boot the game up and see if I even care enough to pick up the extra characters. I like a number of them and would probably enjoy playing them in the game provided I like the game to begin with.

Lastly, is that Galaga Legions DX I see coming for free???!! I've passed on it both times it's been on sale in favor of snagging it on XBLA and both times I regretting not picking it up since it has yet to see a single discount on the other platform. I loved the original Galaga Legions and expected the sequel to be even more enjoyable.

#43 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Similar question about Tokyo Jungle.

I could have sworn I remembered seeeing a seperate Vita Version earlier this week in the store. Now all I see is the :ps3: version.

I'd like to play this on my new Vita.

Is there a cross-play/cross-buy version of Tokyo Jungle?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#44 rpg

rpg

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

^Buy Tokyo Jungle Mobile. $5.99,159MB.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#45 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

I could have sworn I remembered seeeing a seperate Vita Version earlier this week in the store. Now all I see is the :ps3: version.

as the post above me said, get Tokyo Jungle Mobile.   It's in the 'PSM'/Playstation Mobile Store on the vita.

While it's not quite the same as TJ, and doesn't have trophies, it's still very much an excellent game and definitely worth getting. The major difference is that instead of being able to freely run around the screen, you move on a grid based system (so, if you wanted, dpad would work).  Ultimately, it works just fine. 

RE: This week's blog.  I don't know how people that run the blog deal with the commenters. I swear, the second a game they don't like or already own gets posted as the ps+ freebie the damn sky is falling. 

#46 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Okay last few Qs before I make my purchases this week:

EDF discount isn't listed as going away next week. Is that because it's unknown when it'll end or do we know it will be around for longer than just this week? I have a $10 self-imposed cap on all digital purchases unless there is very special exceptions (Castle of Illusion's awesome preorder bonus being a perfect example) and I would really like to snag EDF but I'm kinda thinking that my $10 limit is what I should hold out for.

The same question goes for the Bit.Trip DLC. Is it going to be on sale next week too? I really need to boot the game up and see if I even care enough to pick up the extra characters. I like a number of them and would probably enjoy playing them in the game provided I like the game to begin with.

Lastly, is that Galaga Legions DX I see coming for free???!! I've passed on it both times it's been on sale in favor of snagging it on XBLA and both times I regretting not picking it up since it has yet to see a single discount on the other platform. I loved the original Galaga Legions and expected the sequel to be even more enjoyable.

Assume any normal games will end with the next update unless otherwise noted at the end since the end dates aren't always known ahead of time. PS+ stuff can be assumed to be on sale the following week if it doesn't have a red X since we know exactly what's expiring with the next update.

You read correctly Galaga Legions DX.

#47 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

You can play it on Vita with Remote Play. There's no native Vita version of the game.

#48 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Assume any normal games will end with the next update unless otherwise noted at the end since the end dates aren't always known ahead of time. PS+ stuff can be assumed to be on sale the following week if it doesn't have a red X since we know exactly what's expiring with the next update.

You read correctly Galaga Legions DX.

That's pretty much what I figured on the non PS+ sales. I think I'm going to gamble on EDF going cheaper sometime down the road. As for the Bit.Trip DLC I'll probably just skip it as well as I have no idea if/when I'll actually get around to playing the core game.

Excitement for Galaga Legions DX rising!!

#49 GlassDarkly

GlassDarkly

The Boney King of Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

And remote play works well with Tokyo Jungle. Just played it the other day.

Glad I remembered to pre-order the Mickey game. The Genesis version is great, and I love the options Sega gives you -- all 3 regions of the game, CRT scan lines, save states, etc. The theme is pretty cool, too.

My website.

#50 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Dangs I want to jump on Tokyo Jungle, but for some reason it really feels like a PS+ ...decisions, decisions

#51 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Nice new thread Frisky.

Weak week for PS+.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#52 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

I would also like to add that I don't think PS+ is worth the money. Also, what time does the PSN store update?

I think you're one of about three people who think that and so the store will only update when you get your head on straight.

It's $2.50 on Steam! :P

That said, it probably will get discounted on PSN at some point since the dev and publisher come from the PC gaming world and are used to such things.

Yeah and I beat it twice there but I still want it on PSN for $5.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#53 shadowneko003

shadowneko003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

bah, pulled the trigger on castle of illusions.  puppeteer looks interesting, but i think i'll wait for a steeper drop

shadowneko003.png

#54 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

You can just purchase it on the web store and then download from the Download List on Vita for that stuff or do the same for PS3. Hell, you can even add the purchases to your automatic download queue to start downloading them on your PS3 or Vita without needing to do it yourself.

Thanks but my PS3 is at 10 or so GB of free space left and the Vita download speeds are worse than PS3 so I want to be able to download them onto PC then just transfer them over.

Yeah I know I need a new PS3 HDD. Maybe for Christmas.

42869.png

#55 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yay new thread.

fekhvr.jpg

#56 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Dangs I want to jump on Tokyo Jungle, but for some reason it really feels like a PS+ ...decisions, decisions

for what it's worth i bought TJ day 1 full price and have no regrets.  it was worth every penny, and had i not paid for it, it's one of those games where i'd have wished i had if only to support sequels and/or more games like it.

i'm still secretly hoping TJ2 gets announced at TGS for ps4.

#57 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Anyone got any opinions on the Final Fantasy games?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#58 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Anyone got any opinions on the Final Fantasy games?

I think many, many, many people will have many, many, many varied opinions on them.  May want to be more specific unless you're feeling especially grumpy today.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#59 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

I think you're one of about three people who think that and so the store will only update when you get your head on straight.

Oh... you didn't get it.

#60 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Thanks but my PS3 is at 10 or so GB of free space left and the Vita download speeds are worse than PS3 so I want to be able to download them onto PC then just transfer them over.

Yeah I know I need a new PS3 HDD. Maybe for Christmas.

If you don't want to download anything to your PS3 or Vita, then you're kind of screwed and might not want to pre-order Castle of Illusion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Store, PSN, PlayStation Plus, Deals, PS1, PS2, PS+