Scotts coupon for $7 off The Little Mermaid

Sweet, still have yet to pick up Robin Hood or sword in the stone due to no sales or coupons but will definitely be using this

Thanks OP!

Sweet, still have yet to pick up Robin Hood or sword in the stone due to no sales or coupons but will definitely be using this
I caved on Robin Hood, but it pissed me off to pay $19.99. I couldn't bring myself to also pay full price for Sword in the Stone and Oliver and Company.

They could charge whatever they wanted for The Little Mermaid and I'd buy it though. :p Nevertheless, I'm glad there's a coupon.

Thanks OP!

I caved on Robin Hood, but it pissed me off to pay $19.99. I couldn't bring myself to also pay full price for Sword in the Stone and Oliver and Company.

They could charge whatever they wanted for The Little Mermaid and I'd buy it though. :p Nevertheless, I'm glad there's a coupon.

Where did you get Robin Hood for $19.99? I haven't seen it on sale anywhere. I plan on getting that and Sword in the Stone at some point, sale or not, just hasn't been a priority over other needs/wants lately. But yeah the plan was to pick up LIttle Mermaid no matter what but this coupon is defintely good news!

Thanks OP!

Is it too soon to know what stores will be under MSRP when it launches? I figure at least one place will be $19.99 on release day, and $13+tax out the door is a good enough deal that I'll be there, but who knows, maybe it could go lower? (I remember Target had Wreck-it Ralph for $19.99 on release, and it had a similar $7 coupon.)

Where did you get Robin Hood for $19.99? I haven't seen it on sale anywhere. I plan on getting that and Sword in the Stone at some point, sale or not, just hasn't been a priority over other needs/wants lately. But yeah the plan was to pick up LIttle Mermaid no matter what but this coupon is defintely good news!
Release week at Best Buy (it was also upgrade and save so $24.99 minus $5.00). Sword in the Stone would have been $19.99 and Oliver and Company would have been $14.99. Still too expensive for me.

I've never had an issue with using the coupons anywhere, for whatever version you're picking up. Clerks don't read it all that carefully, just glance to see what movie it's for and as long as they don't have trouble scanning it they don't care.

Hate these coupon DRM.  Tried printing the coupon, but printer messed up on me because it was out of magenta ink (eventhough I'm printing in black and white).  Replaced the ink and used the back button to reprint, but printer messed up again because now the cyan ink is out (again, eventhough I'm printining in black and white).  Replaced all cartridges, tried to print the coupon again and received a message that I printed it already.  B.S.!

lol, I have to agree. Definitely had to write that one down so I could remember it.
I know! Banks don't have password protection anywhere near this strong! Because, you know, my paper towel preferences are top-secret clearance material :)

The good news is, I can just reset password next time this coupon deal comes around, and then it will ask me a trivial question that is probably a matter of public record, or just send me an email. So basically the password is irrelevant anyway.

I've got the 3-D BluRay combo pack preordered from Amazon for $35  but it better come down in price, can't pass up $13 for the Blu/DVD combo for $13.

Amazon's price for 3D Iron Man 3 didn't really come down.  From $34.99 to $31.99.  I cancelled and went with $24.96 - $3 DMR coupon for $21.96 + tax.

I haven't ever used one of these coupons before but I guess they are in-store only (or it appears that way)? That sucks... My four-year-old is in love with mermaids and stuff right now and I would love to buy this for her, but there aren't any stores near me. I'll probably just pay full-price. Although there is a slim chance the BX could get copies in but they only get a very limited selection of films here and it would be $7 off of full MSRP.

Yeah, the Amazon coupon was $5 off.  Had mine preordered since April.  Looks like it's still $35 on Amazon, Wal-MArt, and Best Buy. 

I printed two coupons but I messed up since I wanted to use just one piece of paper and didn't flip the paper the right way so I now have two coupons printed on the same paper exactly on the same area but front and back. I don't think they would take that like that so I just scanned each side and printed separately hoping they'll take it. I'll bring the messed up original just Incase.

Awesome. Thank you for coupons. With this and the Target Cartwheel coupon, my red card, and a local price match, I got the digital copy (non 3d) combo pack for only 13.69.

I went Toysrus and got the DVD+Blu-ray for $4.24 and Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Copy for $7.48. The cashier in R Zone had to get a manager to approve the $10 discount after he typed the UPC from my phone. She didn't want to but he fought for the discount for me. This is the first time I have been in Toysrus in a year and a half and didn't get anything then. I asked him once the manager left if I could return the MU deposit and he said I could if I waited 5 minutes after the transaction that way the transaction would post to the POS server. So I go to my car and put the bag with movies in car because I didn't want to carry it in the store. So I walk around Toysrus for 5 minutes and then go to Guest Services to get a refund on the preorder deposits that are on separate receipts but the lady returns the DVD+Blu-ray itself so I got $4.24 back to my credit card and a $6 merchandise credit. The phone was ringing off the hook and I asked if she sure and she said yes. I was not trying to scam Toysrus and I tried to correct her but she wouldn't listen. So in the end I got paid to get the Little Mermaid. 

Getting them to take the $10 off for pre-ordering MU is a YMMV since it requires a manage and even more YMMV if your store doesn't have the MU preorder cards.

Tin foil hat time- perhaps Disney doesn't really want The Little Mermaid 3D to sell well.  Or, perhaps, whatever bad business went down with the 3D conversion company has led to increased prices.

Or is $35 not as out of line for a catalogue 3D conversion as I'm thinking?

Tin foil hat time- perhaps Disney doesn't really want The Little Mermaid 3D to sell well. Or, perhaps, whatever bad business went down with the 3D conversion company has led to increased prices.

Or is $35 not as out of line for a catalogue 3D conversion as I'm thinking?
Nah, I'm assuming they would have some data saying that shoppers looking for 3D are slightly more high-end, and high-end shoppers are more likely to buy from Best Buy or Amazon. Or TRU and Target complained that 3D movies are not selling fast enough and they don't want to ahve to carry 4 versions of the same of anything.

This is the first wide 3D release (in a long time, at least) that hasn't had some kind of sensible price available upon release.  Even Amazon and Best Buy have crap prices for it.

Awesome. Thank you for coupons. With this and the Target Cartwheel coupon, my red card, and a local price match, I got the digital copy (non 3d) combo pack for only 13.69.
There was a generic $3 coupon for 100 Disney Movie Reward points that I used, so I was able to beat you by $3. Best deal in a LONG time. I like how Target applied the Cartwheel coupon before the $7 and $3 coupons. Didn't expect to see that at all.

There was a generic $3 coupon for 100 Disney Movie Reward points that I used, so I was able to beat you by $3. Best deal in a LONG time. I like how Target applied the Cartwheel coupon before the $7 and $3 coupons. Didn't expect to see that at all.
Huh, maybe I should check DMR every so often then. That's ok, though. I got my VUDU copy out and already sold the physical media locally for $20, so I'm feeling just fine about it, even if it could have been better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my 3D copy in the mail from Amazon, and am actually pretty disappointed. I ordered the 3D version solely because I was expecting it to have a lenticular slipcover that would match the size and style of The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. If I'd known it was going to be different anyway, I'd have bought a cheaper version.

Oh well, at least now I'll be less disappointed when Aladdin looks completely different than all three of them.

sigh.... too bad this coupon doesnt work on the 3D version. i was holding the lunchbox and the 3d... got to the checkout... rejected!

sigh.... too bad this coupon doesnt work on the 3D version. i was holding the lunchbox and the 3d... got to the checkout... rejected!
Same here. They rejected mine at BB. I'm thinking I'm going to just sign up for the Disney Movie Club and see if I can get The Little Mermaid 3D as one of my movies. This $34.99+tax price isn't setting well for me for a movie I've already seen 100+ times when I was a little kid.

Same here. They rejected mine at BB. I'm thinking I'm going to just sign up for the Disney Movie Club and see if I can get The Little Mermaid 3D as one of my movies. This $34.99+tax price isn't setting well for me for a movie I've already seen 100+ times when I was a little kid.
You can't, not for cheap at least. You can get blus for your initial movies, but not the blu + digital copy plus or 3d movies until you're a full member.

bread's done
Back