• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#1 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Didn't see this posted, so here goes.

Two Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America.  They come out September 27.  There's a red and a blue one (though they both have the same design).  Retails for $199.99.

Looks like the game isn't bundled with the systems.  Not sure how limited these will be, but the Pikachu XLs sold out pretty fast.

Preorder at Gamestop - Red

Preorder at Gamestop - Blue

Preorder at Best Buy - Red

Preorder at Best Buy - Blue

Newegg and Target have pages up, but it doesn't look like they're taking preorders right now.  Newegg, at least, was taking preorders at one point.

Newegg - Red

Newegg - Blue

Target - Red

Target - Blue

Source: Kotaku

Currently Playing:  :ps3: God of War   :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (star hunting)   :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Finished:  :ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    :3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon    :pc: Gone Home

#2 loudlyrandomplay

loudlyrandomplay

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Perhaps it wasn't posted here in the Video Game Deals section because it is not a Video Game Deal.

#3 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Perhaps it wasn't posted here in the Video Game Deals section because it is not a Video Game Deal.

I fail to see how this isn't a deal but something like the Wind Waker WiiU preorder is?

Currently Playing:  :ps3: God of War   :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (star hunting)   :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Finished:  :ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    :3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon    :pc: Gone Home

#4 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

They DO NOT include the games. And I doubt these will be as limited like the Pikachu ones.
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everyone else's stinks"

#5 dk drumin

dk drumin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

http://www.gamestop....-edition/111454

card.pngsmiley25698.png?1384284591913

#6 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

I fail to see how this isn't a deal but something like the Wind Waker WiiU preorder is?

The Windwaker WiiU was the console they announced with the Wii U price drop? I guess?

I don't feel like either should have been posted in the Deals section. 

#7 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

The Windwaker WiiU was the console they announced with the Wii U price drop? I guess?

I don't feel like either should have been posted in the Deals section. 

Alright then. I guess if it doesn't belong here, please move it mods.

I see tons of things in this section at MSRP though, so I don't know what to think anymore.

#8 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

The deals section is so barren (funny how some of the above morons can find time to bitch and complain but never find time to post deals themselves) that I don't mind seeing stuff like this posted there.

#9 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

These are "limited edition" so could be worth something down the line

#10 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

gargus is that you??

#11 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Lmao at everyone bitching. Topic creator should of made a topic about how you can flip $50 into $51. Then it would be to at least 500 post by now.

#12 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

In other news, Nintendo adds another letter to the name of a handheld. Gotta upgrade for that s, man! I wonder what it'll be like three years from now? Nintendo 3DS XLs OMG3D

#13 dk drumin

dk drumin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

last limited edition 3ds for awhile so it would be good to buy pre order by tomorrow for a chance im guessing 2 each per store in that color 

card.pngsmiley25698.png?1384284591913

#14 Gixxer

Gixxer

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

So tempted to grab one, but I really wish they bundled a copy of X or Y with it!

Anyway, I'm guessing these will be easier to find than that Pikachu edition.

#15 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

I wonder how limited these will be.

Debating if I want to sell my Pikachu 3DS towards this...

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#16 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Sigh....I don't mind interesting things being posted even if it isn't a "deal"....like the 12 GB PS3.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#17 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

I agree.  Neither should be on the front page.  

Some say the front page is barren, yet I say it is cluttered with non-deals and threads that are used 99% for discussion.

Also, I don't think "this may become rare and increase in value" makes something front page worthy.  Maybe a new forum should be created to discuss such things but just because something "may increase in value" does not mean it is a deal.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#18 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Sigh....I don't mind interesting things being posted even if it isn't a "deal"....like the 12 GB PS3.

There are discussion forums for every interesting thing you could possibly think of.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#19 skycat561

skycat561

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Still gonna hold out in hopes of a zelda themed XL with the release of the new title

SkyCat561.png Goozex
371569.png
Also Playing: :wiiu: Mario Kart 8, :wiiu: Sonic Lost World 

:3ds: Legend of Zelda: ALBW

#20 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

There are discussion forums for every interesting thing you could possibly think of.

Eh...

I saw what you were saying about the front page being mostly discussion. One thing I would say is a year ago and earlier there were a lot more "X Game for Y Price" threads. If I came on the board every day I'd be tempted to buy one game a day.

Now, you don't see those a lot. I don't know why. If the deals don't exist, or people aren't posting them? I don't think it is because of the "discussion" threads though.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#21 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

So confused why they wouldnt push the date back a couple weeks and bundle it with the game. >< Wonder why they didnt bring the gold one over. bleh

#22 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

So confused why they wouldnt push the date back a couple weeks and bundle it with the game. >< Wonder why they didnt bring the gold one over. bleh

Yeah, I'd probably get the gold one, but I think I'll hold off on these ones.

#23 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Man no game bundled in wtf Nintendo.

#24 Kecir12

Kecir12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Don't understand the absurd outrage over this being posted. Potentially collectable LE. On top of that, the title says what the topic is about so it's not like you were fooled into the topic. Some people in this community are so vocal over the stupidest things. I expect comments about board space and bandwith next so I hope I'm not disappointed.

#25 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

I have the Gamestop credit set aside for when these were released but I am pretty let down by Nintendo for not including even a digital copy of the game. That is pretty weak. 

Hmm. What to do. I might just open the Pikachu XL and play it instead of dumping $200 on these.

Maybe get a decal for my Blue one lol  

#26 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Man no game bundled in wtf Nintendo.

Given how quickly the last Pokemon XL sold out, there's little motivation for Nintendo to pack in a free game as an incentive.

#27 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Any trade in bonus on a regular XL?

#28 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Alright then. I guess if it doesn't belong here, please move it mods.

I see tons of things in this section at MSRP though, so I don't know what to think anymore.

Good job OP, don't let anybody bring you down. CheapyD makes money off the referral links and that's what matters to him.

Lmao at everyone bitching. Topic creator should of made a topic about how you can flip $50 into $51. Then it would be to at least 500 post by now.

One of the smartest things I've seen posted here. It really baffles me how some people actually go through all that trouble.

#29 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

I don't mind hearing things like this from CAG, I also notice that there's a bunch of little bitches here though.

They complain about shit and they don't contribute.

It's pretty annoying but I'm not going to waste my time fighting with them. Haha.

#30 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

I don't mind hearing things like this from CAG, I also notice that there's a bunch of little bitches here though.

They complain about shit and they don't contribute.

It's pretty annoying but I'm not going to waste my time fighting with them. Haha.

Total number of "deals" posted by Echocentricity: zero.

Pot, meet kettle. :dunce: