Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

realbigexplosion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Didn't see this posted, so here goes.

Two Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America.  They come out September 27.  There's a red and a blue one (though they both have the same design).  Retails for $199.99.

Looks like the game isn't bundled with the systems.  Not sure how limited these will be, but the Pikachu XLs sold out pretty fast.

Preorder at Gamestop - Red

Preorder at Gamestop - Blue

Preorder at Best Buy - Red

Preorder at Best Buy - Blue

Newegg and Target have pages up, but it doesn't look like they're taking preorders right now.  Newegg, at least, was taking preorders at one point.

Newegg - Red

Newegg - Blue

Target - Red

Target - Blue

Source: Kotaku

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question relating to the red pokemon 3ds xl. It was never announced for any other region, correct? If so I think I might pick that color up.

I have a question relating to the red pokemon 3ds xl. It was never announced for any other region, correct? If so I think I might pick that color up.
Yea it hasn't been announced for japan, only EU and US. I was planning on getting that one as I prefer red over blue but the blue one is a lot easier on the eyes while still looking really neat. I know they both have the same design, but for some reason it looks a lot busier with the red.

If anyone wants to buy me one, let me know!
why would anyone do that?

Yea it hasn't been announced for japan, only EU and US. I was planning on getting that one as I prefer red over blue but the blue one is a lot easier on the eyes while still looking really neat. I know they both have the same design, but for some reason it looks a lot busier with the red. 

why would anyone do that?
if i had the money to get both i would, i am probably going to get the blue one tho. i am still undecided

Any deals to make the price lower? And how much would I get if I traded my normal 3ds in with the 50 percent bonus from the summer promo?

what seriously? I just sent an email to gamestop to cancel my preorder since the site wouldn't do it because I saved $20 from newegg. :( what should i do? make ANOTHER order from gamestop? I wish amazon and nintendo would just make up so I could avoid all of this crap
Yeah. There's a lot of "OMG Amazing pre-order coupon deal at Newegg!" followed by "They cancelled my pre-order." in cycles around here. I still don't know why people have their pre-orders there despite losing most, if not all of them.

GameStop might limit you to one or two pre-orders for this. If you have a chance at another one since a cancellation counts against you for some reason, then you really need to be certain that you want to order it there. You won't get another chance after you hit the limit and cancel.

Is it me, or does it seem like Nintendo is really milking the limited redeco 3DSes this year? There was a Fire Emblem one, a Pikachu one, Animal Crossing one, and now there's these two. I know Nintendo does historically, but it seems like they're just going into overdrive now... 

Gonna pre-order the red one instore tomorrow. Kinda sucks though, my original hope was the games would  be pre-installed, I'd transfer from my Pikachu XL and just use the new one.

Instead I guess I'll just keep it sealed for now and use my Pikachu for the near future. (No point of wasting one of my last 3 transfers at the moment)

Is it me, or does it seem like Nintendo is really milking the limited redeco 3DSes this year? There was a Fire Emblem one, a Pikachu one, Animal Crossing one, and now there's these two. I know Nintendo does historically, but it seems like they're just going into overdrive now...
Don't really think it is milking when majority have requested Nintendo to bring more alternate designs and colors to other regions outside of Japan.

Yeah. There's a lot of "OMG Amazing pre-order coupon deal at Newegg!" followed by "They cancelled my pre-order." in cycles around here. I still don't know why people have their pre-orders there despite losing most, if not all of them.

GameStop might limit you to one or two pre-orders for this. If you have a chance at another one since a cancellation counts against you for some reason, then you really need to be certain that you want to order it there. You won't get another chance after you hit the limit and cancel.
what if i preorder it instore tomorrow? does it still count the order i cancelled? i cant order another blue one on the website like you said. I dont want to go tomorrow just to find out i still cant order it even instores.

I didn't say it wouldn't be limited. I'm saying it won't be as limited as the pikachu ones.

~I'm kinda glad I stopped frequenting this site. It certainly hasn't improved over the last few years. Take the comments in this thread as well as the Rumble U threads as example.

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped visiting this site. I think I'll try to get back in that habit.

what if i preorder it instore tomorrow? does it still count the order i cancelled? i cant order another blue one on the website like you said. I dont want to go tomorrow just to find out i still cant order it even instores.
who knows, i suggest you call ahead.

Yeah although japan gets even more.

Still gonna hold out in hopes of a zelda themed XL with the release of the new title
Same here. I really hope this happens. I have always already had every console that a nice limited edition was put out for (and my money is better spent on having a backup LE console in my closet). If there was a Zelda LE one, it would push me to upgrade to an XL. I'll keep my normal one if not, cuz it's in great condition so I really don't need one.

It should work. Online apparently keeps the ability to order separate from the B&M stores. This would explain why some people got barred from ordering online while they could order in store.

Same here. I really hope this happens. I have always already had every console that a nice limited edition was put out for (and my money is better spent on having a backup LE console in my closet). If there was a Zelda LE one, it would push me to upgrade to an XL. I'll keep my normal one if not, cuz it's in great condition so I really don't need one.
Oh, you need one! After getting an XL, I think it would be borderline torture to use a regular one again. The increase to playability and the overall experience is huge!

I was at two different GS stores today and asked about pre-orders with two different employees I know are reliable and they don't know if they're even going to get pre-orders and are thinking it might be like the Pikachu thing where they know how many they're getting ahead of time but it will be first come first serve. They said that if they are they'll likely know by tomorrow (Thursday) and to call the store.

if they were milking it they would have more stock than just for preorders. Pikachu, animal crossing both sold out the first day/preorder only. They could have sold tons more if they wanted to

When I first came into this thread, I was hoping it was the other Pokemon XLs not released in US yet. Ill stick with my Pikachu one.

this is for your quys who preordered the pikachu edition 3ds xl from gamestop last time , what is the deposit $ you have to put down for the preorder?
You were not able to preorder the pikachu 3ds XL. It was a first come, first serve basis. Most stores only got 2 each. The town I live in has two targets, two walmarts, a best buy. 3 gamestops and a toys r us. Target got 2 per store, Walmart got 2 at one store and 3 at the other. Toys R Us got 3, and all 3 gamestops only got 2 each.

Im guessing the Pokemon XL preorder will be about $50. The 2DS minimum preorder is the same. 

Grrr...I want one to resell but at 224 after tax/shipping idk if I want to chance it
If you're not willing to risk it, don't bother. Hell why are you even posting a "thinking out loud" thought anyway?

All those Newegg preorder issues were with games due to inventory, lack of bonuses, preorder time limit issues, etc. I preordered either FE or the AC 3ds from Newegg and no issues.

Im guessing the Pokemon XL preorder will be about $50. The 2DS minimum preorder is the same.
I though deposit is $25?

If you're not willing to risk it, don't bother. Hell why are you even posting a "thinking out loud" thought anyway?

All those Newegg preorder issues were with games due to inventory, lack of bonuses, preorder time limit issues, etc. I preordered either FE or the AC 3ds from Newegg and no issues.

I though deposit is $25?
Oh god thread police.

Maybe because I want people's opinions? Ever thought of that?

Any word on GameStop in store preorders? I got an unopened Black 3DS XL to return before 30 day return is up.

Went to Gamestop and they only had the blue up for preorder at my local store, I end up preordering two blue ones. The assistant manager said if it is there tomorrow, he will transfer it to the red one. If not, I'm going to cancel one.

Went to Gamestop and they only had the blue up for preorder at my local store, I end up preordering two blue ones. The assistant manager said if it is there tomorrow, he will transfer it to the red one. If not, I'm going to cancel one.
Same. I put one down, might run by Best Buy and put 5$ on the Red if GS doesnt add it

Went to GameStop, $50 min down on blue. They told me red preorders available starting tomorrow. No idea why not today.

I have confirmed with 3 bestbuys and managers that Zelda wii u console and Pokemon 3ds xl are not available for instore preorders.

Went to GameStop, $50 min down on blue. They told me red preorders available starting tomorrow. No idea why not today.

I have confirmed with 3 bestbuys and managers that Zelda wii u console and Pokemon 3ds xl are not available for instore preorders.
Saves me a trip to GS today. Will drop by tomorrow for the red version.

I suppose that BB wants their money upfront via online only. At least I know I have to pay in full when using GCs, not sure about CCs or other payment methods.

I suppose that BB wants their money upfront via online only. At least I know I have to pay in full when using GCs, not sure about CCs or other payment methods.
My guess is bestbuy stores won't be getting many copies of the consoles or at all and they don't want the problem of trying to allocate a certain amount to each store and have people upset they reserved and never got any.

Doesn't hurt to call GameStop and make sure. That is just what the guy told me, he said red preorders weren't available and called a few other stores to ask why and they told him tomorrow. That could be wrong information but I don't know.

Other stores might be different. I preordered the blue and he told me I could just call tomorrow and switch it to red when its available

do u know if we can use the v.me coupon on the pre-orders of the pokemon 3ds xl? I'm trying to use a the promo code. Does anyone else know another promo code to use? I have 2 orders from Gamestop online but considering canceling if the newegg comes out cheaper. But I heard there's a stigma in using Newegg because they often cancel pre-orders? I might wait until the last couple of days before canceling my Gamestop pre-orders if thats the case.

Credit card says "Temporary Authorization" for the full amount of the console but it isn't reflected in my balance.

bread's done
Back