Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

realbigexplosion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Didn't see this posted, so here goes.

Two Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America.  They come out September 27.  There's a red and a blue one (though they both have the same design).  Retails for $199.99.

Looks like the game isn't bundled with the systems.  Not sure how limited these will be, but the Pikachu XLs sold out pretty fast.

Preorder at Gamestop - Red

Preorder at Gamestop - Blue

Preorder at Best Buy - Red

Preorder at Best Buy - Blue

Newegg and Target have pages up, but it doesn't look like they're taking preorders right now.  Newegg, at least, was taking preorders at one point.

Newegg - Red

Newegg - Blue

Target - Red

Target - Blue

Source: Kotaku

Last edited by a moderator:
@247 I went today to pre-order and it was $50. How did you get it for $25? I'm pretty sure any system pre-order is always locked on that price.

For people looking for the red system you should with your local store. My store you can pre-order the red while others who posted you have to wait til tomorrow.

Just got back from GS. As others have mentioned, only the Blue was available for pre-order. ^^ I also had to put $50 down. I will check if the Red is available tomorrow.

It's better the game isn't pre-installed, since Nintendo sucks at digital games. People complaining should realize these systems would be $30+ more expensive if they did include the game, not really "free". Plus it gets around the whole issue of people wanting a 3DS of a certain color and being forced to get a specific version of the game they may not want.

It's better the game isn't pre-installed, since Nintendo sucks at digital games. People complaining should realize these systems would be $30+ more expensive if they did include the game, not really "free". Plus it gets around the whole issue of people wanting a 3DS of a certain color and being forced to get a specific version of the game they may not want.
I don't know why that would be relevant since the game is likely to be pre-installed. Also the Animal Crossing XL was only $20 more with the game which is a good discount if you liked the poptart design.

However, I would agree that not everyone will want the game packaged with the handheld.

I also had to preorder the blue today.  $50 down.  Will probably try to switch over to the red.

I was going to try and talk myself out of this, but if the preorders are already selling out, I may stick with it.

Weird. I pre ordered 2 and was only require to do $25 each.

M90EKVg.jpg

Let's argue about what constitutes a deal!

I like posts like this in this forum. Even if it isn't a discount per se.

I41!

Ok, Red XL Preorders are up at GS. Called in and they just swapped it over the phone for me

I'll be sure to check back in a few hours to be sure.

I wouldn't order from Target if you want to actually get one.

I pre-ordered the Pikachu version with them almost right after it went live on their site.  Went with them because of the 5% red card discount.  They ended up getting not even one.  All went to B&M stores.

I went to Gamestop twice and two different employee's told me it's $50 each. Going to call up and say I want it to be $25.

EDIT: I called and the guy told me he which my order to have 1 red and blue console. I told him it's suppose to be $25 minimum for both. He said no where in the system shows him to lower it to $25. I told him I called my old boss and he said it's suppose to be $25 as well.

Don't really believe the guy since you guys have a receipt showing that it's $25 minimum but I'm going to go over there and force them to lower it. It's just $50 but I could be using that for other deals.

It looks like YMMV. I called a store and the guy told me it was $50. I told him that I heard it was $25 so he checked and the system told him that it was $50.

Is anyone able to order them from gamestop's website? I'm still getting the "your cart is empty!" message every time I attempt to order it. It goes all the way until the last step and then I get that message. 

It looks like YMMV. I called a store and the guy told me it was $50. I told him that I heard it was $25 so he checked and the system told him that it was $50.
same here,i called a few store, and that was what they told me too. I am surprise the other got it for $25, lucky

The dude put ALL my trade credit on it today. Even the one from my return, which was separate from the reserve. Not cool. He's forcing me to use cash on future purchases until I can either trade or it gets released. Not cool at all.

The dude put ALL my trade credit on it today. Even the one from my return, which was separate from the reserve. Not cool. He's forcing me to use cash on future purchases until I can either trade or it gets released. Not cool at all.
Did you get banned from GS for excessive trading? What did you do lol

Put a $50 each on a red and blue from GS. I asked about the $50 and they said it's been raised for systems. No choice but to put $50 down.

Did you get banned from GS for excessive trading? What did you do lol
No. I went in there for a trade and to reserve the 3DS XL at the minimum but he put ALL of the trade credit into it. Then there was a separate transaction for a return on a game that was paid with trade credit and he asked me if I would take cash but then he corrected himself as I was telling him that it was trade credit, so he knew it was trade credit. He put that separate returned trade credit into it as well!

He did the trade first, which was with the Playcation coupon, and he put all of the credit into the 3DS XL but I thought I saw the minimum was paid, so I just waited on the other receipt. He put all of the credit from the return into the 3DS XL but he did it very fast, so I didn't even notice that. Then he handed me my receipts and he told me that most of it was paid now.

I knew that he made a mistake, but I thought that he only put the first trade's credit into it because it was a console, and it would pay off most of it, but I didn't know that he never returned credit to my card and he put it all into the 3DS XL at his discretion.

Now I don't have any trade credit left, so I can't buy anything from GameStop without using my real money, which is something I don't want to do now.

Preordered a red and a blue version. Going to get two more preorders tomorrow.

GS charged 50 each. I asked about this and they did say preorders were raised. Who cares, you're going to pay for it now or then.

so i got the system pre ordered at newegg, just in case they screw me over I also got it pre ordered at my local gamestop. I put $100 bucks on it. If newegg does send me the system I'll just put the $100 into a pre order for pokemon Y and maybe pick up Luigi's Mansion 2.

A flood of these are going to be on Ebay I can tell hahahahaha.  Anyway I pre ordered mines at BB.com last night and have one on hold at gamestop just incase best buy does something stupid.

Can't believe gamestop raised the pre-order price literally within about of hour of opening if that receipt is anything to go by.

I don't think they raised the pre-order price for systems. It's been $50 for a long time now. I know that at Best Buy the raised the price to a minimum of $25 instead of $5.

I knew that he made a mistake, but I thought that he only put the first trade's credit into it because it was a console, and it would pay off most of it, but I didn't know that he never returned credit to my card and he put it all into the 3DS XL at his discretion.

Now I don't have any trade credit left, so I can't buy anything from GameStop without using my real money, which is something I don't want to do now.
Damn, I'd go back and pull the preorder and repreorder with another guy or better yet, another store.

I managed to snag a preorder on the red one. I wish there were an easier way to do the system transfer when you're trading in the old 3DS.

Just preordered the blue one at gamestop dot com

I've been playing my aqua blue 3DS since launch day. I've been waiting to upgrade and this is just amazing. But I had to pay 15 bucks in tax and 7 dollars shipping ugh that sucks ! But it was already sold out at newegg ! Ah well its all good I put it on my credit card so I can build up some good credit teehee

Just preordered the blue one at gamestop dot com

I've been playing my aqua blue 3DS since launch day. I've been waiting to upgrade and this is just amazing. But I had to pay 15 bucks in tax and 7 dollars shipping ugh that sucks ! But it was already sold out at newegg ! Ah well its all good I put it on my credit card so I can build up some good credit teehee
Did you just say dot com? Smh :p

I managed to snag a preorder on the red one. I wish there were an easier way to do the system transfer when you're trading in the old 3DS.
Seriously, I would be OK with trading in my XL with the playcation coupon now except for that I would lose everything on the system. It's just silly.

Heard rumors that they are going to add an account system or something by the end of October.

The current system is pretty retarded. Only 5 transfers, and having to have both in your hands at the same time. I was lucky when I upgraded to my XL that my store manager was really cool and let me take both home and bring it back later. This time I'm just planning on trading in my DS Lite and keeping this as my new secondary system. (And keep all my data on my Pikachu XL for the near future)

Speaking of transferring between systems I don't plan to use that $30 credit until Phoenix Wright comes out, will that transfer as well?

Heard rumors that they are going to add an account system or something by the end of October.

The current system is pretty retarded. Only 5 transfers, and having to have both in your hands at the same time. I was lucky when I upgraded to my XL that my store manager was really cool and let me take both home and bring it back later. This time I'm just planning on trading in my DS Lite and keeping this as my new secondary system. (And keep all my data on my Pikachu XL for the near future)
If that 5 transfer limit is true, it appears Nintendo has a way of tagging a license or in most cases, a set of licenses. Not sure why they didn't just make it affiliated with Club Nintendo accounts in the first place. Also just curious, is it possible to transfer system from 3DS 'A' to 'B' and back to 'A' (all after the x amount of time has passed)?

If that 5 transfer limit is true, it appears Nintendo has a way of tagging a license or in most cases, a set of licenses. Not sure why they didn't just make it affiliated with Club Nintendo accounts in the first place. Also just curious, is it possible to transfer system from 3DS 'A' to 'B' and back to 'A' (all after the x amount of time has passed)?
It is true and you have to have both systems in hand and an internet connection for both at the same time. It connects both systems to the internet and transfers the licenses from the old system to the new and then you use your memory card from the old system in the new or transfer the contents to a PC then to the memory card you want to use.

So usually I preorder from Amazon for anything worth preordering, and I don't know the process for other sites. Does Best Buy or Newegg charge immediately or do they charge every few weeks to see if the funds are there? And, did I already miss the opportunity to order from either?

So usually I preorder from Amazon for anything worth preordering, and I don't know the process for other sites. Does Best Buy or Newegg charge immediately or do they charge every few weeks to see if the funds are there? And, did I already miss the opportunity to order from either?
I pre ordered one from best buy just in case someone does some crazy sale on these for the pricematch opportunity. Yes they have charged IMMEDIATELY. My funds for the charge can't be used at all.

I pre ordered one from best buy just in case someone does some crazy sale on these for the pricematch opportunity. Yes they have charged IMMEDIATELY. My funds for the charge can't be used at all.
bestbuy does not price match other retailers, after you buy it. they only price match their own store sales.

bestbuy does not price match other retailers, after you buy it. they only price match their own store sales.
That's when you return and rebuy once you confirm that they will price match it if you decide to buy another one (which you won't of course, that's just to get information from them).

That's when you return and rebuy once you confirm that they will price match it if you decide to buy another one (which you won't of course, that's just to get information from them).
Yeah return and rebuy? Try doing that several times a quarter and watch as they revoke your ability to return anything period.

Yeah return and rebuy? Try doing that several times a quarter and watch as they revoke your ability to return anything period.
I've done it plenty of times and have not been banned at all. They say they can't price match it since I already brought it. They suggest return and rebuy with no problem.

Maybe other's locals stores are more strict on that though.

bread's done
Back