Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#151 247

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

It was $50 down at Gamestop.

I went in today and the minimum was $25. SKU 020400.

#152 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

Is newegg sold out already?
Posted Image

#153 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

Is newegg sold out already?

Bestbuy.com has stopped taking orders as well.

#154 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

@247 I went today to pre-order and it was $50. How did you get it for $25? I'm pretty sure any system pre-order is always locked on that price.

For people looking for the red system you should with your local store. My store you can pre-order the red while others who posted you have to wait til tomorrow.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#155 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

Just got back from GS. As others have mentioned, only the Blue was available for pre-order. ^^ I also had to put $50 down. I will check if the Red is available tomorrow.

#156 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

It's better the game isn't pre-installed, since Nintendo sucks at digital games. People complaining should realize these systems would be $30+ more expensive if they did include the game, not really "free". Plus it gets around the whole issue of people wanting a 3DS of a certain color and being forced to get a specific version of the game they may not want.

#157 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

It's better the game isn't pre-installed, since Nintendo sucks at digital games. People complaining should realize these systems would be $30+ more expensive if they did include the game, not really "free". Plus it gets around the whole issue of people wanting a 3DS of a certain color and being forced to get a specific version of the game they may not want.

I don't know why that would be relevant since the game is likely to be pre-installed.  Also the Animal Crossing XL was only $20 more with the game which is a good discount if you liked the poptart design.

However, I would agree that not everyone will want the game packaged with the handheld.

#158 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

I also had to preorder the blue today.  $50 down.  Will probably try to switch over to the red.

I was going to try and talk myself out of this, but if the preorders are already selling out, I may stick with it.

Currently Playing:  :ps3: God of War   :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (star hunting)   :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Finished:  :ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    :3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon    :pc: Gone Home

#159 247

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Weird. I pre ordered 2 and was only require to do $25 each.

M90EKVg.jpg

#160 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

Let's argue about what constitutes a deal!

I like posts like this in this forum. Even if it isn't a discount per se.

I41!

Posted Image

#161 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Where's the best place to pre order right now? I'm considering Gamestop.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#162 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Ok, Red XL Preorders are up at GS. Called in and they just swapped it over the phone for me

I'll be sure to check back in a few hours to be sure.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#163 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

^^^^  yay, going by this afternoon

#164 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

target has it on their site but I can't add to cart.. did they sell out already?

#165 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

target has it on their site but I can't add to cart.. did they sell out already?

I don't know if they ever had them for sale on there.  I looked yesterday, but I don't remember seeing them.

Currently Playing:  :ps3: God of War   :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (star hunting)   :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Finished:  :ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    :3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon    :pc: Gone Home

#166 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

I don't know if they ever had them for sale on there.  I looked yesterday, but I don't remember seeing them.

They had the preorder buttons up an hour ago but it wouldn't let me add it to cart, now the preorder buttons are gone.. i'm thinking that means it sold out, but not sure.

#167 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

I wouldn't order from Target if you want to actually get one.

I pre-ordered the Pikachu version with them almost right after it went live on their site.  Went with them because of the 5% red card discount.  They ended up getting not even one.  All went to B&M stores.

#168 ZhengMaster

ZhengMaster

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

will bestbuy get a new shipment?

#169 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

I went to Gamestop twice and two different employee's told me it's $50 each. Going to call up and say I want it to be $25.

EDIT: I called and the guy told me he which my order to have 1 red and blue console. I told him it's suppose to be $25 minimum for both. He said no where in the system shows him to lower it to $25. I told him I called my old boss and he said it's suppose to be $25 as well.

Don't really believe the guy since you guys have a receipt showing that it's $25 minimum but I'm going to go over there and force them to lower it. It's just $50 but I could be using that for other deals.

#170 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

It looks like YMMV. I called a store and the guy told me it was $50. I told him that I heard it was $25 so he checked and the system told him that it was $50.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Please send me a PM if you used my referrals. I want to do raffles for you.

#171 Brentwhisnant

Brentwhisnant

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

Is anyone able to order them from gamestop's website? I'm still getting the "your cart is empty!" message every time I attempt to order it. It goes all the way until the last step and then I get that message. 

#172 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

It looks like YMMV. I called a store and the guy told me it was $50. I told him that I heard it was $25 so he checked and the system told him that it was $50.

same here,i called  a few store, and that was what they told me too. I am surprise the other got it for $25, lucky

#173 funkmonker

funkmonker

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Just put down $50 on the red one

mjp+skrillex.png

hello

#174 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

The dude put ALL my trade credit on it today. Even the one from my return, which was separate from the reserve. Not cool. He's forcing me to use cash on future purchases until I can either trade or it gets released. Not cool at all.

#175 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

The dude put ALL my trade credit on it today. Even the one from my return, which was separate from the reserve. Not cool. He's forcing me to use cash on future purchases until I can either trade or it gets released. Not cool at all.

Did you get banned from GS for excessive trading? What did you do lol

#176 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

Put a $50 each on a red and blue from GS. I asked about the $50 and they said it's been raised for systems. No choice but to put $50 down.

#177 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

Did you get banned from GS for excessive trading? What did you do lol

No. I went in there for a trade and to reserve the 3DS XL at the minimum but he put ALL of the trade credit into it. Then there was a separate transaction for a return on a game that was paid with trade credit and he asked me if I would take cash but then he corrected himself as I was telling him that it was trade credit, so he knew it was trade credit. He put that separate returned trade credit into it as well!

He did the trade first, which was with the Playcation coupon, and he put all of the credit into the 3DS XL but I thought I saw the minimum was paid, so I just waited on the other receipt. He put all of the credit from the return into the 3DS XL but he did it very fast, so I didn't even notice that. Then he handed me my receipts and he told me that most of it was paid now.

I knew that he made a mistake, but I thought that he only put the first trade's credit into it because it was a console, and it would pay off most of it, but I didn't know that he never returned credit to my card and he put it all into the 3DS XL at his discretion.

Now I don't have any trade credit left, so I can't buy anything from GameStop without using my real money, which is something I don't want to do now.

#178 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

Preordered a red and a blue version. Going to get two more preorders tomorrow.

GS charged 50 each. I asked about this and they did say preorders were raised. Who cares, you're going to pay for it now or then.
SYSTEMS: Gameboy | Game gear | PS2 | N64 | Gamecube | 3DS | 3DS XL | (2) Pikachu 3DS XL | Neo Geo Gold | PSP Go | PSP Vita | Wii | WiiU | X360 | PS3

#179 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

Pre-ordered one of each at different stores and both charged $50.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: Wolfenstein 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#180 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

so i got the system pre ordered at newegg, just in case they screw me over I also got it pre ordered at my local gamestop. I put $100 bucks on it. If newegg does send me the system I'll just put the $100 into a pre order for pokemon Y and maybe pick up Luigi's Mansion 2.

:ps3: Puppeteer 

[PS4] Knack & Killzone single player(gotta finish dat fall semester before I go all in on mah ps4)
:pc: Skyrim & New Vegas goodness <3
:wii: Smash Bros Brawl Project M
:360: Halo 4 (indefinite hold)
:psp: Tearaway & Killzone