Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Ebay shipper included Signature required.. UGH!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

This is likely the listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm//321207565709

I limited it to $106-$109 auction and looked at Sept 13-15 dates to account for time zones.

edit1: n8 posted a listing I also looked at but the highest bidder has way too much feedback to be bitching about something like this so it's likely the user with 6 feedback

edit2: OP confirms it with total

Selling Gamestop coupons - B1G1 Preowned Wii/DS and 25%OFF Preowned

Selling 1600 MSP, 1/3/12 month XBL. 

PM offers.

#32 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

You're acting like a douche.

Anyone who has ever sold stuff on eBay dread buyers like you.

Yep. I'm dismayed at the OP, but I've dealt with these types before. They exist, and this is proof positive. 

You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#33 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Yep. I'm dismayed at the OP, but I've dealt with these types before. They exist, and this is proof positive. 

Yeah it's like the idiots that buy something at 8AM and then send you a message at noon wondering why they haven't received a tracking number. And then 2-4 days later after they receive the game want a partial refund because their new/sealed $20 game isn't "Grading" quality.

#34 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

It warms my heart to see CAG come together like this for a good cause. Thanks OP!

#35 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

You guys forget this is the person who called everyone scum for getting in on the Madden 25 deal, and finally got in and is trading it.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#36 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

Yeah it's like the idiots that buy something at 8AM and then send you a message at noon wondering why they haven't received a tracking number. And then 2-4 days later after they receive the game want a partial refund because their new/sealed $20 game isn't "Grading" quality.

It's not like that at all.  I gave him enough time.  He likely created the printing label right through ebay and did that on Tuesday.  That's something he should be doing Sunday night and sending out on Monday morning.  Well I'm not the guy you want to keep waiting let's put it that way.  I'll have to go to the post office tomorrow morning now and that's a PITA.

And yea I sold Madden that game is horrible.  I got GTA now.

#37 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Well I'm not the guy you want to keep waiting let's put it that way. 

Statements like this aren't helping your case. This is what makes you come across like a jerk...and is going to make people start questioning your age and maturity level.

#38 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

Statements like this aren't helping your case. This is what makes you come across like a jerk...and is going to make people start questioning your age and maturity level.

The first thing I thought of was that "we've got ourselves a bad ass here" pic.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#39 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm now 99% sure I'm going to leave a negative review.  Saturday afternoon I buy a gift card with Expedited Shipping.  Estimated delivery Thursday.  Seller waits until Tuesday to ship it and I still haven't got the package.  I went to the local Post Office today to see if it was there but it was not.  I'm fed up with this bullshit honestly.

#40 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

I think we have a candidate for CAG Asshole of the Year here.

Protip: Saturday is not a business day.

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#41 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'm now 99% sure I'm going to leave a negative review.  Saturday afternoon I buy a gift card with Expedited Shipping.  Estimated delivery Thursday.  Seller waits until Tuesday to ship it and I still haven't got the package.  I went to the local Post Office today to see if it was there but it was not.  I'm fed up with this bullshit honestly.

Who gave you the ETA of Thursday? eBay? Last time I checked eBay didn't and doesn't deliver packages so you're the fool if you put all your expectations into what eBay quotes as the delivery date.

How about you share that tracking number so we can see what is really going on.

#42 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, this is what I don't understand. How do you know it has signature confirmation but you don't have a tracking number? I know USPS tracking isn't exactly stellar, but it would at least tell you if a delivery attempt was in fact made. Have you contacted the seller to ask why you haven't received the gift card yet? Speaking as a seller, I think a full week with no delivery is grounds for AT LEAST an inquiry from the buyer. But pisspoor communication and assumptions aren't going to solve anything.

I had a buyer do some stupid shit like this once. Instead of contacting me and expressing to me that he wasn't satisfied, he left me a neutral with absolutely no communication because "when held up to a bright light, you can see that the disc has some scratches". And I realize there are some people who are super anal about light scratches (regardless of if it affects playability). So, I let him know that had he actually contacted me before leaving the neutral, I would have given him a partial refund. But because people want to act like keyboard warriors, they end up shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm not saying that the seller didn't screw up in some way here (I still don't think you're being scammed or anything ridiculous). But if there's not an open line of communication, how is he supposed to know you're not happy? It's also important to remember that you catch more flies with honey.

#43 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

I wrote up a message for him but I haven't sent it yet.  I wanted to give it some time before I sent it this morning after I got back from the post office.

The package arrived in my town on Thursday.  Estimated delivery was Friday.  Nothing has updated on the tracking, nothing about an attempted delivery.  I assumed they tried to deliver it early when I heard my dog barking yesterday because I've never seen them not come when it was in my town the day before.

Nothing has updated since then.  It should've been here.  It probably hasn't came because of that dumbass putting signature confirmation on and I won't be able to get it until Tuesday then.

A week and a half with Expedited shipping?  Really?   I'm definitely going to send him that message.

#44 powercreep

powercreep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

The OP's posts are full of hilarity.

A) Expedited Shipping means that your item isn't going to sit around in someones basement for a week before they drop it off to the USPS/FedEX/UPS, etc.  Expedited shipping does not mean 1-2 day delivery.

B) Waiting 2-3 business days is totally reasonable for someone to ship something.  Your item was sent on day 2.

C) Sellers don't email right away after auctons end.  Those emails are generally automated from Ebay with a link for you to pay with paypal or other pertinent info you may need.  Now, if the seller did in fact send you a personal email, then disregard.

D) For future reference, expect to wait more than 5 business days when you order something that is delivered via USPS.  If you don't know, a business day is considered any day monday through friday.

E) From your post regarding your dog barking, sounds like answering your door would have solved a lot of your problems.

F) You're a tool.

#45 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

I wrote up a message for him but I haven't sent it yet.  I wanted to give it some time before I sent it this morning after I got back from the post office.

The package arrived in my town on Thursday.  Estimated delivery was Friday.  Nothing has updated on the tracking, nothing about an attempted delivery.  I assumed they tried to deliver it early when I heard my dog barking yesterday because I've never seen them not come when it was in my town the day before.

Nothing has updated since then.  It should've been here.  It probably hasn't came because of that dumbass putting signature confirmation on and I won't be able to get it until Tuesday then.

A week and a half with Expedited shipping?  Really?   I'm definitely going to send him that message.

Post the tracking number----unless you're hiding something.

If he shipped it on Tuesday and it was in your town on Thursday as you claim I think your beef is with the carrier not the seller.

#46 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Good freaking grief. You have proof showing that it's been at your post office since Thursday, and you're STILL trying to blame the seller? I've been trying to stay unbiased here, guy, but come on. How do you not see that's an issue with your post office? Again, I say...this is why they're going out of business. At this point, I feel terrible for the seller having to deal with this. You said you would be happy as long as you got it by Friday or Saturday. It's been at your post office since Thursday. How is the seller at fault? He can't control how long it takes for your post office to sort and deliver. Come on, man. You have to be smarter than this.

#47 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Are we being trolled?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#48 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Are we being trolled?

Until I see a tracking number I'm going to assume that we are

#49 wuulee

wuulee

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Why didn't you go and just pick it up at the office? At least you know you are getting your item. -_-

#50 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Are we being trolled?

If the mere existence of slidecage is any indication, my money is on "no."

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#51 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

What if slidecage is performance art?

Ees7Y.jpg

#52 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

This guys posts are at least comprehensible. Slidecage on the other hand.... 

Formerly known as slickkill77

#53 GrooThePerverted

GrooThePerverted

AKA Martin Tupper

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'm really pissed that the seller included signature confirmation.  Now I need to sit around waiting for this thing when it should've been delivered in the morning first thing.  Now I have to worry if I miss it.

What's the point in signature confirmation?  You already have the tracking and can tell if it was delivered to the right address.

I'm seriously considering leaving a bad review on this seller (I don't like that he didn't ship right away and waited a day extra but the signature confirmation really ticks me off.

What do you think I should do about this?

Wait...to get this straight you're thinking of giving a bad review because:

1. The seller waited a WHOLE day to ship it.

2. He requests signature confirmation.

I got that about right?  Do you even realize how petty you sound right now?  I mean, no offense, but yeah that's kinda petty.

First of all, you don't know what is going on in that person's life.  Maybe they work two jobs and missed a chance to hit the post office to send your precious item out.  Maybe they got sick, or a family member got sick or hurt and they weren't able to get it sent off.  Any number of things could have happened that delayed them A SINGLE DAY.  That's not nearly enough to send someone bad feedback.  You sound like someone that nobody should ever ever sell to.

And secondly, signature confirmation protects them AND it helps you out.  Think about it.  Say your package gets delivered, but to the wrong person.  Someone is hanging outside your place and they are like "oh yeah, that's me!" and they accept your package.  Now without signature confirmation, there's no way to know who accepted it, however according to the tracking info, it was accepted.

Now with signature confirmation, if someone signs for it, you have the name.  Now if it's someone scamming, sure they may use a fake name or whatever, or hell, write your name.  However in most cases it may get delivered to a neighbor or someone up the block.  With the signature confirmation, they can write you back and say "hey, so and so signed for this" and then hopefully you're like "oh, okay, I know that person" and then you go get it.

I've had that happen a few times as I live in an apartment building.

Just calm down and relax.  If you give negative feedback based on that, you should be bounced from ebay for good.  Just being honest here.

#54 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

I want to know what the negative feedback will look like. When the seller reports it to eBay, they'll probably just laugh at the buyer.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#55 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

I want to know what the negative feedback will look like. When the seller reports it to eBay, they'll probably just laugh at the buyer.

eBay won't even read it. They don't care.

Ees7Y.jpg

#56 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

I had someone on Amazon ask me about 5 or 6 questions about an item that I had listed as "Like - New". I waited a couple of days to get back, knowing he would be a problem buyer and knowing he also would have already bought another.

#57 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Are we being trolled?

I don't know, and I don't care. I won't let it impact the enormous amount of lulz I've gotten out of this thread either way.

Here's to hoping for at least 2 more pages.

#58 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

No feedback, negative or otherwise, so there may still be hope for more! :D

dohdough.png

#59 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

OP, I think the disconnect here is your expectation vs. the rest of CAG. Personally, I think your expectation is a bit much. Remember that the postal worker actually came to your house on time. Unfortunately, you just happened to not be available to open the door in time to sign for it which happened to be paid for signature confirmation. Signature confirmation has nothing to do with the seller not fulfilling his end of the bargain. Holding your item at your local post office due to signature confirmation is simply a USPS rule. It has nothing to do with the seller. If you were able to sign for the gift card, this wouldn't have been an issue. Not being available to sign for the item has nothing to do with the the seller not fulfilling his end of the bargain either.

Whenever I buy on ebay I assume the item will get to me late. I get the whole "expedited shipping" quote to be annoying you but the delivery was initially made anyway. I've sold over a thousand items on eBay over 12+ years and I can tell you for a fact that it is not typical for my buyers to expect to receive my items within a week. Whenever they do, they react in a surprised and happy way. Also you need to keep in mind that not every seller on eBay has the same shipping fulfillment process as Amazon Prime. These are usually ordinary folks that have ordinary responsibilities and lives to live out. I understand you may question the whole family emergency excuse but you have to just give people the benefit of the doubt because it's the right thing to do. So for what it's worth, I think you should just leave the feedback alone and not bother and just move on.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#60 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

none of the  games i have  can  ever get grades, all they do is sit there and never pick up the   pencil to take the test  :)

WOOOO I STINK