Photo
- - - - -

Humble Bundle with Android 7 - Steam keys - Ticket to Ride, Greed Corp, Incredipede, Anodyne, Worms Reloaded, Bard's Tale

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#31 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

What's the lowest the BTA tier hit (I'm late to the party).  Hate their new system of having to pay it for the future bonuses.  Played Bard's tale many years ago and no way is it worth the BTA tier.  Worms... meh.

#32 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

What's the lowest the BTA tier hit (I'm late to the party).  Hate their new system of having to pay it for the future bonuses.  Played Bard's tale many years ago and no way is it worth the BTA tier.  Worms... meh.

I think the lowest its been is the current price ($6.51ish).

#33 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

It's still dropping. It hit a low of around $6.70, slowly went up to around $7, and is falling again.

#34 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yikes.  Yeah... I'll just wait and see.  Only mildly interested in Anodyne (which I hear is short) and Ticket to Ride (which I might not ever get around to play).

#35 Caine

Caine

That's my cocaine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

Price keeps on dropping.  Can you still 'lock in' if you keep a window open with the lower price displayed?  If so, I'll do that and watch for a bit.  Definitely in for $1 as I missed the sale on Incredipede and that looks somewhat fun, plus TTR looks like a great mobile friendly game.

fs_pc.png

KaseiVallis.png

#36 TestType

TestType

model fetishist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Nice bundle, only have Greed Corp (on PC) maybe getting the BTA but waiting to see if it hits $6. Will probably play all of these on android but the PC version is a nice bonus. Maybe I should wait for the BTA bonuses to push me over the edge. Still, I could go for some Bard's Tale and Worms to be honest. Bards Tale also looks like a helluva lot better package than the generic RPG game that was BTA in the last Android bundle, glad I passed on that.

Posted Image

#37 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Bard's Tale is sort of like a bad (overhead) Diablo clone without loot (there's maybe like half a dozen item upgrades), monster variety (maybe half a dozen or so enemy types), or interesting content.  Only good part are the funny songs in some of the cutscenes.  Overall the game is extremely tedious.

#38 TerraEpon

TerraEpon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Can't you buy the lower tier now and add more later if you want the bonus games?

#39 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

This isn't an Android specific bundle though. It's a regular bundle that happens to also include Android versions of the titles.

I'd describe it the other way around.  It's an Android bundle that happens to also include Steam versions of the titles.  If you aren't interested in the Android versions of these games the Android bundles aren't all that tempting.

#40 Miranda

Miranda

about.me/adnarim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Can't you buy the lower tier now and add more later if you want the bonus games?

Yes

#41 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

I'd describe it the other way around.  It's an Android bundle that happens to also include Steam versions of the titles.  If you aren't interested in the Android versions of these games the Android bundles aren't all that tempting.

This.  It's Humble Android Bundle 7.

#42 TestType

TestType

model fetishist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Bard's Tale is sort of like a bad (overhead) Diablo clone without loot (there's maybe like half a dozen item upgrades), monster variety (maybe half a dozen or so enemy types), or interesting content.  Only good part are the funny songs in some of the cutscenes.  Overall the game is extremely tedious.

Well that's a bummer. I may reconsider then. I'll at least wait to see how low the BTA drops and go for the base tier, possibly increasing later depending on the bonus games.

Posted Image

#43 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

In for Anodyne. Was hoping that would end up in a bundle eventually.

It has been bundled in the past (by Gropees in their "Retro Groupee".)

Selling Steam key: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.74

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#44 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Also everyone who Kickstarted InXile's Wasteland 2 got a free copy of The Bard's Tale 2004 (differentiating it from the far superior original from 1985). Makes this bundle a non-BTA for me, not really interested in playing the game on my phone.

Edit: Apparently the Android version is ALSO supposed to include the original classic Bard's Tale trilogy, just like the PC/Steam version. Interesting, but using graph paper in 2013 isn't as compelling as it was in 1985...

#45 GreatDoink

GreatDoink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

So does this Bard's Tale include the original trilogy?  If so, I'm in for that.  Actually, the only one I have is Greed Corp so this is a great bundle for me!

sig.gif 

#46 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

So does this Bard's Tale include the original trilogy?  If so, I'm in for that.  Actually, the only one I have is Greed Corp so this is a great bundle for me!

The steam version does, I don't know about the android version though.

#47 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

I'm just confused by the name.  Humble Bundle with Android 7?  Have there really been 6 Android bundles?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#48 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'm just confused by the name.  Humble Bundle with Android 7?  Have there really been 6 Android bundles?

Yes.

Spoiler

#49 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Yes.

Spoiler

Thanks.  Wow I fucking suck.  I just got my first android phone and I could have had a ton of sweet games.  Apparently I only ever bought Android bundle 1 and 2.

Fuck, I suck.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#50 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Pretty much every version of Bard's Tale has included the original trilogy.  At least it came with a boxed copy I bought back in 2006ish.

#51 kingtopher

kingtopher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Price keeps on dropping.  Can you still 'lock in' if you keep a window open with the lower price displayed?  If so, I'll do that and watch for a bit.  Definitely in for $1 as I missed the sale on Incredipede and that looks somewhat fun, plus TTR looks like a great mobile friendly game.

You know, I'd never thought of this before but after experimenting a little it seems like you can indeed do this. I left a window open when the average was 6.42, waited until it was 6.36, then put in 6.37 in the custom amount in the 6.42 window and it told me to increase my price by $.06 or I wouldn't get the BTA games. So I would assume you can use the same process if the price goes back up.

#52 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

Google play version does, but it is not too easy to use if I remember.  In addition to it I also have ticket and greed on Steam, so there isn't much here for me.  If it wasn't for the update today for Steam ticket to support local hot seat multiplayer I would be tempted to get the Android version that does as well. 

Edited to add that I tried the original trilogy on my phone and it requires an emulated mouse cursor etc.  Expect a dos box experience on your phone (but with out having to set up the game).

ach.png

#53 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

in for a buck just for the  pc  verison of ticket to ride 

WOOOO I STINK

#54 Dantarp

Dantarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

Passing because I refuse to own Incredipede.  Everything else in the bundle looks solid.

ach.png

#55 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

I'm going to ask what's probably a dumb question, but how do they issue the android games? A code you can redeem in the google play store?

#56 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Passing because I refuse to own Incredipede.  Everything else in the bundle looks solid.

OK, I'll bite.....what's so offensive about Incredipede or its developer that the entire bundle becomes radioactive to you? :roll:

The BTA price has slid over 60 cents since the first hour this afternoon to (currently) $6.31. Since the whole point of paying a buck to lock in the BTA price in case the bonus games are cool, am I correct in surmising that those who jumped early when it was pushing $7 are now stuck paying a couple quarters more than those who may've waited? This is the first bundle that I've seen go down in BTA price like this. There's usually a narrow window in the beginning when sometimes you can nail a one-off dip, but after 10 hours to see the price slide it odd.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#57 Flux1

Flux1

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

I'm curious about the reasoning behind this also.

If you did get the bundle you can set the slider to 0 for Incredipede if you want so they wouldn't get any of your money.

#58 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

I'm going to ask what's probably a dumb question, but how do they issue the android games? A code you can redeem in the google play store?

Nope, you download Humble's downloader app, which downloads all of the games for you.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#59 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

I've been wanting Ticket to Ride on Steam and Android and Worms is fun so this was an easy buy for me.

Posted Image

#60 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

Is the sound quality of the PC version of Bard's Tale better than the console version?  Great writing and music, but I swear some characters sounded like they were talking with a bucket on their head.  Sometimes from one line to the next.  In the middle of a song.  Just bad.

Honestly the Bard's Tale soundtrack is probably the thing I want most in this bundle.