The Walking Dead (PS3/360) $9.99 New @ GameStop B&M

The GOTY edition will include the 400 Days DLC, the soundtrack, and a behind-the-scenes vid.

Either way not bad for $10 if you don't care for the Soundtrack and the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they patch the disc based version? I know it had lots of issues.

Also as Wario has said, a GOTY version will be out soon if you care for more content which will probably hit $10 down the road as well.

Even still, with 400 Days costing $5, this is a really good price for those who haven't bit the bullet or want an additional hard copy of the game.

Did they patch the disc based version? I know it had lots of issues.

Also as Wario has said, a GOTY version will be out soon if you care for more content which will probably hit $10 down the road as well.
I bot the collectors edition and I remember having lots of freezing problems.

This would have been a buy, but no patch release will most likely break this decision.

Thanks for the heads up.

Probably dumb question, but this price will be in store? Or do I need to try and order online first for in store pick up or something?

I've gone to some stores (wal-mart and some other local stores) to find the price online different and they won't honor it in store

I thought episode 1 was boring, not clever enough to pass for a good point and click adventure. Surprised at the popularity it has. That said, I'll probably finish the whole thing eventually for an easy achievement completion.

Probably dumb question, but this price will be in store? Or do I need to try and order online first for in store pick up or something? I've gone to some stores (wal-mart and some other local stores) to find the price online different and they won't honor it in store
GameStop usually has the same prices in store (and, yes, it's dumb that Walmart won't match their own website).

i had no issues with the ps3 disk version. since i still have my save data ill just wait for a used goty edition to show up and rent it from gamestop just to play 400 days. from people who played it does twd choices you made effect 400 days in a big way

i had no issues with the ps3 disk version. since i still have my save data ill just wait for a used goty edition to show up and rent it from gamestop just to play 400 days. from people who played it does twd choices you made effect 400 days in a big way
Nope, not at all. The characters are all from the sequel. It has absolutely no tie as far as I could tell to series 1-5. It really should be pre-DLC for the next game and not DLC for the last one.

Nope, not at all. The characters are all from the sequel. It has absolutely no tie as far as I could tell to series 1-5. It really should be pre-DLC for the next game and not DLC for the last one.
this is my gripe with the series. the choices you make dont seem to matter that much. from what ive seen you get the same ending to the original walking dead no matter what your coices are and to make it worse the original game doesnt even effect 400 days. whats the point of pressuring us to make choices ? hopefully tell tale fixes this

this is my gripe with the series. the choices you make dont seem to matter that much. from what ive seen you get the same ending to the original walking dead no matter what your coices are and to make it worse the original game doesnt even effect 400 days. whats the point of pressuring us to make choices ? hopefully tell tale fixes this
Even if the game ends the same (not sure if it does or doesn't), the choices you make effect the journey, which is sort of what the gaming experience is all about in The Walking Dead. They effect how characters act or act towards you...and let you sort of interject your own morals and personality into the story. Obviously, it's still a game, and it has to have some scripting to tell the story they wanted to tell and keep the pacing and impact of it...but the choices do matter and help to make the story your own.

That said, I played the ps3 version on a slim, too, and don't remember running into too many problems...maybe a little slowdown here and there.

I guess that's par for the course with Telltale games (The digital version of Jurassic Park, in particular, had really bad performance issues).

As a lot of you guys have mentioned, I played the disc version on my PS3 Slim and had 0 issues. Great story, would recommend to anyone, especially for ten bucks. 

I bought the last copy at my store. It was gutted (open) and I remember why I don't frequent the store. Anyway I hope I like it, as someone who hasn't seen the show but heard good things about it and the game.

so i bought the used version a week ago for $17.99..... on the way home from work, returned it and got a new version for $9.99.... saved $8 and got a better version. Can't beat that

Even if the game ends the same (not sure if it does or doesn't), the choices you make effect the journey, which is sort of what the gaming experience is all about in The Walking Dead. They effect how characters act or act towards you...and let you sort of interject your own morals and personality into the story. Obviously, it's still a game, and it has to have some scripting to tell the story they wanted to tell and keep the pacing and impact of it...but the choices do matter and help to make the story your own.

That said, I played the ps3 version on a slim, too, and don't remember running into too many problems...maybe a little slowdown here and there.

I guess that's par for the course with Telltale games (The digital version of Jurassic Park, in particular, had really bad performance issues).
Is there any way to "lose," or is it a visual novel? I've never pulled the trigger on a Telltale game but may go for this at $10.

Is there any way to "lose," or is it a visual novel? I've never pulled the trigger on a Telltale game but may go for this at $10.
It's sort of a puzzley adventure type game (in sort of a point-and-click adventure way, but directly controlling your character). Similar to other Telltale games. You can die/fail, but it just takes you back to the last autosave or event beginning, and you just have to try again. So no real way to actually lose the game completely...but that's true with a lot of games these days. There are specific decisions you make that do effect the story/character paths, though.

So, yes, part interacting with the environment and figuring out (largely item-based) puzzles, part interacting with characters, part watching the story unfold and making decisions that effect it. There are action sequences, too, that largely unfold in the form of QTEs.

I rented it at Redbox a few weeks ago for the XBox360 and the episode was glitchy / laggy as hell. I thought maybe it was a bad / dirty disc so I cleaned it and it seemed to help a bit.

As a lot of you guys have mentioned, I played the disc version on my PS3 Slim and had 0 issues. Great story, would recommend to anyone, especially for ten bucks.

I got the XBox 360 version on clearance from Target a few months ago for $8.98. Its been awhile since I played it but there are lagging issues.

It's sort of a puzzley adventure type game (in sort of a point-and-click adventure way, but directly controlling your character). Similar to other Telltale games. You can die/fail, but it just takes you back to the last autosave or event beginning, and you just have to try again. So no real way to actually lose the game completely...but that's true with a lot of games these days. There are specific decisions you make that do effect the story/character paths, though.

So, yes, part interacting with the environment and figuring out (largely item-based) puzzles, part interacting with characters, part watching the story unfold and making decisions that effect it. There are action sequences, too, that largely unfold in the form of QTEs.
Adding on to the multiple choice decision, if you don't make a choice within 10 seconds or so when the prompt appears, a choice is picked automatically. Kinda gets annoying when you are still reading the choices.

Just did an in-store pick up hold for the 360 version. I bought one episode sometime back but never continued playing. This price you can't go wrong! I'll probably blast through it this weekend and if I have freezing/lagging issues, I'll just return it.

I rented it at Redbox a few weeks ago for the XBox360 and the episode was glitchy / laggy as hell. I thought maybe it was a bad / dirty disc so I cleaned it and it seemed to help a bit.
i also rented this at redbox and had a few places that had freezing, but it could have been the disc, i don't remember any glitches, maybe a little lag once or twice, but nothing that ruined the game, it's well worth the $10 if you never played it

i also rented this at redbox and had a few places that had freezing, but it could have been the disc, i don't remember any glitches, maybe a little lag once or twice, but nothing that ruined the game, it's well worth the $10 if you never played it
The 360 is such a disappointing piece of hardware at times.

For the people asking, it does have only one ending, but the details of the situation can vary depending on your choices throughout the game.

The 360 is such a disappointing piece of hardware at times.
I wouldn't blame the 360 too much. Like I said, Telltale games aren't exactly known for their smooth performance. Even the poker game that's free for PS+ this week is plagued with issues like occasionally completely freezing for like up to 10 seconds while autosaving (which it does ridiculously frequently during gameplay).

So is the consensus that the PS3 version is better? I have both systems, but 360 games look cleaner on my LCD than PS3 games do for some reason. Plus, I prefer the 360 controller.

When I went to GS the emplyoee tried to convince me not to buy it lol. I had played the first two episodes, and I asked why it was so bad and he said "not enough action." I'm pretty sure these games aren't going for action but more focusing on the story. Here's hoping that the 360 version doesn't have that many bugs as others said on here

When I went to GS the emplyoee tried to convince me not to buy it lol. I had played the first two episodes, and I asked why it was so bad and he said "not enough action." I'm pretty sure these games aren't going for action but more focusing on the story. Here's hoping that the 360 version doesn't have that many bugs as others said on here
Sounds like the employee wanted to keep it for himself lol. I just got mine yesterday. I can't wait to try it out.

Grabbed a "New" PS3 Gamestop copy. fuckers.

Thanks guys.
I assume they gave you an opened copy? I thought GS was getting away from that? I always hated that they opened the games and avoided them as much as possible. I think the last new release I got there (The Last of US) was still sealed though.

I drove by the Game Stop near my job went over to the Best Buy and got them to price match the PS3 version. I already raced through it on the XBox360 (Redbox) but would like to play it again and pick up the 400 days DLC.

They had two copies on the shelf. One that was in security box and one that wasn't. The one not in the security box looked a bit newer and said it had many game of the year awards. Same SKU so I grabbed that one.

I wasn't sure if they were going to match it. I screwed up my print out from GS website. So I showed them it on my phone. As another poster said further up GameStop is not listed in their register as a place they PM with.

However the guy checking me out was new and kept asking the woman on the other register how to over ride it. Finally she came over and did the match. She selected other online retailer and typed in Game stop in the comments and typed in the price. I used the $5 Gift for you certificate. I was one point away from another $5 certificate before paying for this game.

Anyway thanks to the OP.

bread's done
Back