Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4979 replies to this topic

#61 ZhengMaster

ZhengMaster

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

Just got in on the iPad flip only paid $256 and change for it though is there some kind of sale already going on for them ?

How much did you get for it?

#62 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

Damn,

How much credit were you able to accumulate.

I ended up getting Batman, Battlefield, Lego Marvel, a PS4 Dualshock, $50 in Shell GC and $25 in Applebee's (they don't have any good good GCs).

I did trade in nhl 14 so I did lose out on that but overall I'm very happy. Still got 5 B1G1 coupons left.

#63 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

Its corporate policy. Sounds like the store manager needs to have a small conversation with the DM. If the DM's in on it too, than contact the regional vice president. No way a chain store can make there own policy other than refusing service.

It's shit like this that gamestop pull that pisses every off. If i cant screw GME with trade in values or use b-day coupons to get new games cheap, i'll never shop there.

EDIT: Not to mention, there can be legal ramification as the receipt clearly states the return/exchange policy.

Right and I get that but they also hook me up a lot so it wasn't a big deal I just went to another store.

The only time I almost argued was when at a dif store the lady told me I had to buy a game from the trade 2 list when doing trade 2. I told her it's any new game and she said "I've worked here for a year and you are a customer. I think I know the rules." Ohhhhhh it was tough biting my tongue on that one lol

#64 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

Right and I get that but they also hook me up a lot so it wasn't a big deal I just went to another store.

The only time I almost argued was when at a dif store the lady told me I had to buy a game from the trade 2 list when doing trade 2. I told her it's any new game and she said "I've worked here for a year and you are a customer. I think I know the rules." Ohhhhhh it was tough biting my tongue on that one lol

That is why you do not even MENTION the promo when doing it, just act suprised when the system gives you the big bump. They may assume to be well informed, but in reality most of their job is little kids asking "DO YOU HAVE THE FIFA!!!" and junk like that... I watched a kid buy a madden 12... for wii... I WAS going to give him a b1g1 coupon I had a spare of when I saw him browsing the preowned wii rack, but when I saw his choice was just like... I will put it to better use...

Madden 12... for the Wii... for $24.99 + tax...

I now shudder to think of the poor gaming choices I made as a child... But in retrospect I had VERY good taste with the values on a lot of the games I still have.

#65 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

Just got in on the iPad flip only paid $256 and change for it though is there some kind of sale already going on for them ?

25% Ipads with PUR coupon.

663892.png?17663317

#66 alljoy214

alljoy214

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Okay, clean new thread. Please don't fill this one up with flipping/banning talks. Over the last 15 pages or so of the last thread, I got maybe 30 values from all of the pages.

#67 Tmega

Tmega

No Longer In Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

25% Ipads with PUR coupon.

Yea I know that part since I used the PUR coupon but another promo took $38 off bringing my total to $342 before the 25% off coupon. I was wondering what promotion this was.

Sorry for cluttering up the thread JP this will be the only time

#68 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

Yea I know that part since I used the PUR coupon but another promo took $38 off bringing my total to $342 before the 25% off coupon. I was wondering what promotion this was.

Sorry for cluttering up the thread JP this will be the only time

GS is having a 10-20% off sale on them.
Posted Image

#69 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

Surprise no Tiger14 update yet. I'm going by Tuesday and will check if nobody beat me to it.

#70 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

Surprise no Tiger14 update yet. I'm going by Tuesday and will check if nobody beat me to it.

:360: was $10 yesterday :ps3: was $10 today

#71 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

Phone quote:

10/28

:wiiu: Just Dance 2014 - $18

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#72 TheGeonaut

TheGeonaut

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

10/28

all :ps3:

Lego LOTR $5

Adventures of TinTin $3

Dead Island Riptide $5

Diablo 3 $21

007 Legends $7

Kingdoms of Amalur $8

Tomb Raider $6

RE6 $5

Prototype $3

MGS4 $0.75

Record of Agaest War Zero $4

Tiger Woods 13 Masters $5

$116.41 after bonuses

#73 Bii

Bii

*does the robot*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Xbox 360
NBA Live 07 - $0.10 (10/28/13)

Nintendo DS
Pokemon Black 2 - $12 (10/28/13)
Pokemon White 2 - $12 (10/28/13)

#74 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

does anyone know if stores can check if you ever canceled a reservation?  I know stores can check for preorders you picked up.

Sometime in the summer I went to a store for trades, and an employee threw in a preorder claiming it was to trigger the promotion (lie).  I went back there for more trades last week, and I think I got the same lady that tacked on that preorder.  I tried to get her to cancel (game had since come out) but she says I had no reserves there.  I had only gone to the store one other time since the preorder time, and I'm pretty sure I did not cancel.  Aside from some more shady dealings (employees canceling unpicked up reserves and pocketing), the only thing that may caused it not to appear may be that I changed the phone # on PUR in September.  I have the original receipt somewhere, and I'll bring it to that store someday to find out (and make a scan copy).  FYI, I am positive this was the same store; I'm pretty sure I had not canceled it but not 100%.

different issue/store/game.

also for some reason on PUR, it shows a game I reserved that I didn't actually.  I had intended to but decided not.  The game has yet to come out.

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#75 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

:360: was $10 yesterday :ps3: was $10 today

Both versions of Tiger Woods were $10 base today.

#76 Uso

Uso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

Both versions of Tiger Woods were $10 base today.

trade it to AMZ if u locked in @ $22.

#77 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

Does GameStop not accept the Skylanders games or Final Fantasy XIV? Thinking of trading them in, but don't even see them on the list.

Posted Image

#78 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Does GameStop not accept the Skylanders games or Final Fantasy XIV? Thinking of trading them in, but don't even see them on the list.

They don't accept Skylanders games. I understand why they don't accept the figures but I'm not sure as to why they don't take the games alone. And I'm not sure about FFXIV.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#79 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

The trade 2 to get a new game for $10 sounds good to get a discount on some next gen games. If Killzone and Knack are in stock tomorrow I have a few games I can trade in.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#80 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

For those who have bought pre-owned iPad's, what are the conditions like? Cosmetically speaking. I wouldn't mind an iPad mini at a price that you can get it with this coupon. 

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

:xb1: NBA 2k15 and Halo: MCC

#81 jfh2c

jfh2c

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

For those who have bought pre-owned iPad's, what are the conditions like? Cosmetically speaking. I wouldn't mind an iPad mini at a price that you can get it with this coupon. 

Bought one earlier that had been graded "like new", and it looked really good, but there was one scratch on the screen. Might try to flip it back, or I might just return it and look for a better one. I also ordered a couple from the website that had been graded "like new" and they had a surface scratch or two. 

Ticks me off, because I always get nitpicked on refurb fees and I always get graded down to "good" condition on electronics. Makes me think I need to start being an a-hole and I might have better luck.

#82 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

Bought one earlier that had been graded "like new", and it looked really good, but there was one scratch on the screen. Might try to flip it back, or I might just return it and look for a better one. I also ordered a couple from the website that had been graded "like new" and they had a surface scratch or two. 

Ticks me off, because I always get nitpicked on refurb fees and I always get graded down to "good" condition on electronics. Makes me think I need to start being an a-hole and I might have better luck.

Okay, I see. I'm picky and I'm going to want something near-perfect, which is definitely going to be tough to find considering it's used but who knows, maybe I'll come across one that someone hardly used and got rid of.

Not many around me have them in-stock, so I'll check it out.

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

:xb1: NBA 2k15 and Halo: MCC

#83 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

They don't accept Skylanders games. I understand why they don't accept the figures but I'm not sure as to why they don't take the games alone. And I'm not sure about FFXIV.

Thanks. I am gonna give them a call in the morning to see about FFXIV.

Posted Image

#84 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

The trade 2 to get a new game for $10 sounds good to get a discount on some next gen games. If Killzone and Knack are in stock tomorrow I have a few games I can trade in.

??? Tomorrow??

Dariel16.png

#85 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

Neither one. Skylanders takes too much space and they have deals to sell New sets. Final Fantasy requires subscription so the disc itself is useless to them and people would bitch about it not working.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#86 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

??? Tomorrow??

People have been getting texts to pick up the games and apparently a couple people already got them.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#87 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

For the 30 % extra towards tablets and phones does that apply to trading towards preorder items or towards Preowned purchase ? Or maybe both , I checked the gs website and it says towards select pre orders but when you click on the link it's mentions something about Preowned as well .
Robocop vs Terminator for Sega genesis ... Probably my favorite game ever created .

#88 jfh2c

jfh2c

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

For the 30 % extra towards tablets and phones does that apply to trading towards preorder items or towards Preowned purchase ? Or maybe both , I checked the gs website and it says towards select pre orders but when you click on the link it's mentions something about Preowned as well .

Last week I got it to work towards either. One guy said if I went the preorder route I would have to put all the credit on preorders, so I bought a copy of NHL 07 and it gave me the same bonus. 

#89 247

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Not sure how reliable reddit is when it comes to gamestop but I found this related to trade in bans

"We've introduced a new system where it stops you if you've traded in more than 5 of the same item within a 30 day time period. You will be able to resume trading after that 30 day period."

http://www.reddit.co..._please_advise/

#90 Tmega

Tmega

No Longer In Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

Not sure how reliable reddit is when it comes to gamestop but I found this related to trade in bans

"We've introduced a new system where it stops you if you've traded in more than 5 of the same item within a 30 day time period. You will be able to resume trading after that 30 day period."

http://www.reddit.co..._please_advise/

Can confirm GS manager told me this today as well though he didn't say about the 30 day thing he did say 5 limit and it will block you out from there.