Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Megathread (PS3/PS4)

assassins creed black flag ubisoft assassins creed iv black flag ps3 ps4 next gen ac4 black flag

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:23 AM

6W5gxKV.jpg

The year is 1715. Pirates rule the Caribbean and have established their own lawless Republic where corruption, greediness and cruelty are commonplace.

Among these outlaws is a brash young captain named Edward Kenway. His fight for glory has earned him the respect of legends like Blackbeard, but also drawn him into the ancient war between Assassins and Templars, a war that may destroy everything the pirates have built.

Welcome to the Golden Age of Piracy.

RESOURCES

Official Site

101 Traier

Ubisoft Blog

Wiki

Metacritic

Treasure Mao Tool

#2 zyk

zyk

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

Been hearing some good things about this entry. Best AC since the 2nd apparently.

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Watch_Dogs

#3 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

If this is as good as the second Entry I might actually want/like it. Have hated the last 3 or 4 entries

0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#4 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

I'm catching up on AC3 and Jesus Christ, I've been playing for hours and I haven't even gotten to the main character yet. I'm still the Indian teenager or whatever. When the hell do I get to ram into ships and shit?

#5 zyk

zyk

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'm catching up on AC3 and Jesus Christ, I've been playing for hours and I haven't even gotten to the main character yet. I'm still the Indian teenager or whatever. When the hell do I get to ram into ships and shit?

AC3 starts out pretty slow, you're probably a couple hours away.

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Watch_Dogs

#6 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flaptop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

I've watched the first couple of hours, and I cannot wait to play this on PS4.

Sly Cooper Thieves In Time PS3 resell $1

I can turn your Paypal into Amazon | Steelbooks B2G1 | Blu-ray Slipcovers

http://www.cheapassg...ore/?p=10212991

#7 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

To anyone that has played it.  How's the story so far?  Better than 3 I hope.  Also, if you've played multiplayer..how's that?  I actually enjoy playing that.  I think I got to prestige 5/6 before I stopped playing.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

anyone gonna be playing it on the PS4?

GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#9 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

anyone gonna be playing it on the PS4?

I know I will. I'll be playing both single and multiplayer.  Not sure if I'll go in Multiplayer first this time or beat it then go into multi.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 SoraGamer1337

SoraGamer1337

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

i will probably play multiplayer on the ps4.

sig.jpg

#11 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

I was hesitant at first... after Revelations I told myself I wouldn't take part in the tepid annual grind, but then I decided to give 3 a shot since it was supposed to be a re-tooled sequel. When that naturally didn't work out, I flat-out said no to Black Flag, but after hearing reviews I finally rented it late last week. I think it's pretty good, definitely second-best behind AC2. I think they've finally managed to make the stealth work well, the world feels more designed for fun and exploration, the ship battles are solid, and generally the repetitious feel is gone. The pirate story is brisk and fun, and even though the modern day story was always kinda dumb, it's weird to see them just skim over it. There are still the same old AC issues: the parkour controls will get wonky and hand-to-hand combat is still lame, but overall its an improvement. The PS3 version doesn't feel like a crippled game meant for next-gen: big beautiful vistas, decent load times, not drenched in Fog like AC3.

#12 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

I picked up AC3 a week ago to get AC series another shot (could not get into AC1 or AC2, did not try the others). I really liked AC3 and finished it this morning. I'm really looking forward to playing AC4 on PS4

I may have to get AC2 another shot as it appears to be well liked. Not sure why I couldn't get into it last time.

#13 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

I picked up AC3 a week ago to get AC series another shot (could not get into AC1 or AC2, did not try the others). I really liked AC3 and finished it this morning. I'm really looking forward to playing AC4 on PS4

I may have to get AC2 another shot as it appears to be well liked. Not sure why I couldn't get into it last time.

I hated AC3 but AC2 was amazing I can't explain it but I loved that game and have beaten it about 4 times now.

#14 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Ive been playing multiplayer, its really nothing i enjoy. I just need two more trophies to get platinum. Does anyone know which is the mode to play to rank up the fastest?

I tried playing wolfpack, and its okay except you get people who just rush and kill. They take no time to gain more points before the kill. I havent even been able to complete all 25 rounds because of this. If anyone wants to join up and play, but once i hit 55 im done.

As far as the single player, i really liked it. I think sailing the seas, hearing shanty songs is what really makes it more enjoyable. I liked sailing around and finding new islands to explore, probably more than actually playing the story. I think i liked the main character more than any of the others too.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#15 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

This game always scratches that collectible itch.  As soon as Havana opened up I went around and collected every single item on the map.    Sadly I skipped some stuff in the very first area, so hopefully I get to go back to there later (or it may be available on the fast travel already, I haven't checked).

*EDIT*

I can definitely see where the Farcry 3 people put in their work on the hunting stuff, I'm also loving the Re4 style harpoon missions.   My biggest complaint right now is that i haaaattteeee the tavern games other than regular checkers. 

538822.png

#16 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Anybody getting in on the multiplayer on PS4? I guess spreading the game across 4 platforms doesn't do any favors for the player-base.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#17 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

I tried playing wolfpack, and its okay except you get people who just rush and kill. They take no time to gain more points before the kill. I havent even been able to complete all 25 rounds because of this. If anyone wants to join up and play, but once i hit 55 im done.

I haven't tried wolfpack yet but i know you could solo to 25 easy on AC:3. That's what I did when everyone wasn't patient.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Anybody getting in on the multiplayer on PS4? I guess spreading the game across 4 platforms doesn't do any favors for the player-base.

I should be playing more within a week or two. Just playing between this and KZ atm.  Just reached 14/15 last night.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Why do they spawn me right in front of the hunters when playing manhunt? As soon as i spawn i hear whispers and i have no chance to hide. Then sometimes when im the hunted, i will see a hunter and go to stun him and i succeed in the animation but i end up dead anyway. I have even had one guy stun my partner, and then me after, all while im hitting square to kill this dude while he is killing my partner. Like he is invincible during the animation, and somehow can hit square before me once he is done with that animation. Then he stuns us both and runs off.

#20 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

so i sunk about 20 hours into this game and im full on addicted. its so much fun sailing around the world. i love the setting and characters. theres about 2 million things to collect and it seems like there all just within reach. i like how the ship itself is basically a character, the ship combat is awesome, i love the looting and boarding other ships. just got into the whole hunting stuff and harpooning is some good fun. the one thing that i dont like is the  running. more times than not i'll be running down the street and edward will start running up the side of the wall if you cut a little to close when i want him to continue straight. besides that its a must have PS4 game for sure

Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#21 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

so i sunk about 20 hours into this game and im full on addicted. its so much fun sailing around the world. i love the setting and characters. theres about 2 million things to collect and it seems like there all just within reach. i like how the ship itself is basically a character, the ship combat is awesome, i love the looting and boarding other ships. just got into the whole hunting stuff and harpooning is some good fun. the one thing that i dont like is the  running. more times than not i'll be running down the street and edward will start running up the side of the wall if you cut a little to close when i want him to continue straight. besides that its a must have PS4 game for sure

Yeah this games single player is a blast. I know what you mean about running. One thing i hated was when i found those ships already blown up and you have so much time to loot the crates before they sink. Whenever i tried to hurry my character would end up jumping and grabbing on stuff while im just trying to run to the next crate. Because walking is too slow, but running makes him grab onto things. It kind of gets annoying. Not to mention i couldnt tell which side i had to be on to open the crate half the time lol.

#22 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I have this game but debating where to bring it back or not. My biggest question is, is it as much fun as 2 or more like 3. I loved 2 but hated 3.

#23 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

I have this game but debating where to bring it back or not. My biggest question is, is it as much fun as 2 or more like 3. I loved 2 but hated 3.

I've only started memory/sequence 3 but I'm liking it more than 3 so far.  I didn't mind part 3...just didn't like Connor's character..whiny bleh.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

Id say its up there as one of the best AC games, better than 3 IMO.

#25 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

Thanks  :) I might have to open it then.

#26 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

I just finished this game yesterday on PS3 and thought it was terrible.  The story, both present day and in the animus, makes no sense and is completely ridiculous. The main missions are some of the worst I've seen in an assassins creed game and most consist of just tailing a target. I can see people enjoying this game for the pirate aspects but I got my fill of the naval gameplay in Assassin Creed 3. I was really looking forward to seeing what happens next after the end of Assassins Creed 3 but this game barely touches on that.  This game would have been so much better if they didn't have to try to make this game both a pirate sim and an assassins creed game. 

524190.png

#27 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

The modern day storyline for AC was retarded to begin with. I play for the setting and historical crap, as well as that open-world gameplay.

#28 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

I had one of the best fail states to a mission i've seen since Red Dead Redemption.  I was doing a tailing mission for one of the side quests and the target was walking up to a temple when out of nowhere a jaguar jumps out and kills him and I get desynchronized.   I immediately hit the share button and while the video screenshot showed the exact date & time it happened, when I uploaded the video to facebook the video was unfortunately from a playthrough that wasnt even on the same day. 

I wish they'd put out the companion app for the Kindle Fire or maybe do a web version.  I've basically been using my vita to manage my fleet, but it requires me to turn on my PS4 each time I want to do remote play to manage it.

538822.png

#29 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

How do you setup the vita as a companion app?  I've played it as a controller but when I set it as a second screen. Nothing happens for me?  

Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

I read on NeoGAF that the 1080p + AA patch is now out. Can't wait to get off work and try it out tonight finally!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: assassins creed, black flag, ubisoft, assassins creed iv black flag, ps3, ps4, next gen, ac4 black flag