Photo
* * * * * 11 votes

Humble Megathread - Humble Mobile Bundle 5 - Devolver Weekly Sale - Kalypso Store Sale

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

• Please log in to reply
6009 replies to this topic

#211 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

so I initially paid $1.00 for the couple games I wanted (didn't really care for the BTA games), but now that they added more and sent me an email saying if I paid the rest I'd get all the games, I paid another $3.74 or whatever, but only got a link for the $1 games... ?

Did you beat the price by at least a penny?  I think if you only match it you don't get the games. 

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#212 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

Did you beat the price by at least a penny?  I think if you only match it you don't get the games. 

I think I had to spend another $3.73, and my receipt says I paid $3.75 ( I rounded up lol), so definitely beat the price... I shot customer service an email. I'm guessing it's because I wasnt logged into my account when I checked out...

#213 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:26 AM

Also, Anomaly Korea keys were added to the Humble Indie Bundle with Android 7.

oh realyl bad boy

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#214 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Current Humble Store deals

[gs]0ApuPW_S5osdXdF81UEUzRUlUX2I4d25IVkJ5UTQxRmc[/gs]

#215 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Bless your heart for keeping this updated with the newest game sales, louie. But I find it pretty hard to convince myself to bite on any of those games at those prices when I know that most of them will likely end up in a future Humble Bundle. All I have to do is wait it out.

#216 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

Current Humble Store deals

[gs]0ApuPW_S5osdXdF81UEUzRUlUX2I4d25IVkJ5UTQxRmc[/gs]

ubisoft is goign to bee nexxt humble  u sure ubisoft is drm fre

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

#217 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

Bless your heart for keeping this updated with the newest game sales, louie. But I find it pretty hard to convince myself to bite on any of those games at those prices when I know that most of them will likely end up in a future Humble Bundle. All I have to do is wait it out.

It's pretty quick and easy to plug them into the spreadsheet each day. It's a google doc so I can open up editing to select individuals or everyone if people want to help. It's still the debut week of sales though so I'm waiting to see how this operates regularly before worrying about any of that.

Ideally I'd like to scrape the page once or twice a day and have it happen automatically and dump to a csv. It doesn't look too difficult as it's one page and I know where the values are, but writing a spider is beyond my skill set. I'd also want to get permission from Humble, but I'm guessing one or two non-automated scrapes per day isn't why it's against their TOS. 

#218 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Ideally I'd like to scrape the page once or twice a day and have it happen automatically and dump to a csv. It doesn't look too difficult as it's one page and I know where the values are, but writing a spider is beyond my skill set. I'd also want to get permission from Humble, but I'm guessing one or two non-automated scrapes per day isn't why it's against their TOS.

If you're replacing one or two manual requests with one or two automated requests, I don't see any real reason to ask. Same (or lower) impact on their resources, same result.

#219 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

ubisoft is goign to bee nexxt humble  u sure ubisoft is drm fre

Yeah, still kind of surreal to see stuff like the newest Splinter Cell on the Humble site....

#220 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna get my hopes and wait for a Humble Ubi Bundle (I'm not gonna buy that splinter cell any other way :))

PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#221 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Yeah, still kind of surreal to see stuff like the newest Splinter Cell on the Humble site....

I'd be cool w/ namely having SC: Chaos Theory in a HB - namely, to get it officially the hell away from StarForce.

(I have SC: Chaos Theory from Retail - and SF disc-check is the crappy DRM that used)

But, oooh @ the thought of SC: BlackList in a HB would be awesome.

Yes - we need a Splinter Cell HB! :D

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#222 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'd be cool w/ namely having SC: Chaos Theory in a HB - namely, to get it officially the hell away from StarForce.

(I have SC: Chaos Theory from Retail - and SF disc-check is the crappy DRM that used)

But, oooh @ the thought of SC: BlackList in a HB would be awesome.

Yes - we need a Splinter Cell HB! :D

llol dont tom clancy bundle or far cry 3 and 4 jk 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#223 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

anyone know if the Majestic Indie Bundle has mount and blade warband? when I look it up, it only mentions mount and blade, but I seeing a lot of people playing warband and having cards?  did I miss a bundle with warband?  thank you in advance

#224 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

anyone know if the Majestic Indie Bundle has mount and blade warband? when I look it up, it only mentions mount and blade, but I seeing a lot of people playing warband and having cards?  did I miss a bundle with warband?  thank you in advance

You're in the wrong thread (should ask in the Bundlestars thread), but as far as I can tell it's just Mount and Blade. The only bundle I know of that had Warband was the ridiculous $125 tier of the Humble Paradox weekly, but it's a paradox game so it goes on sale almost every other week which is probably where your friends got it.

Of course I know my multiplication tables!
I just don't sit at them often.

#225 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

You're in the wrong thread (should ask in the Bundlestars thread), but as far as I can tell it's just Mount and Blade. The only bundle I know of that had Warband was the ridiculous $125 tier of the Humble Paradox weekly, but it's a paradox game so it goes on sale almost every other week which is probably where your friends got it.

thanks for the answer, sorry about wrong thread

I remember that there was a bundle that had a second BTA at $125 tier, but did not bite

Mr. Ninja Squirrel, I believe you are correct that since this is a paradox game, it will be bundle again (and again).

#226 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

thanks for the answer, sorry about wrong thread

I remember that there was a bundle that had a second BTA at $125 tier, but did not bite

Mr. Ninja Squirrel, I believe you are correct that since this is a paradox game, it will be bundle again (and again).

Yep, most likely Indie Gala will pick it up for one of their next bundles, like they have the majority of Paradox's lineup.

#227 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

Yep, most likely Indie Gala will pick it up for one of their next bundles, like they have the majority of Paradox's lineup.

Warband is probably paradox' big seller which is why it has yet to see a bundle.

#228 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

Warband is probably paradox' big seller which is why it has yet to see a bundle.

Which is funny.. because there was a mass-giveaway for it by Tony a while ago.

#229 fuze9

fuze9

piddle patrol, assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

Who wants The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack

#230 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

I didn't take yours since I already bought the bundle, but thanks for the heads up that keys were finally added ^_^

#231 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

I keep clicking these spoiler tags thinking its says Steely Dan.

Damnit.

...canst not be sure if ye art serious.

#232 Atlantik00

Atlantik00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

I wonder what's upcoming next for this week's bundle :D

#233 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

It's a pretty fun, freemium MMO that you can actually progress pretty far without having to buy anything, I apparently had about 200 hours on it before I lost interest. I might have to go back to it and give it another try now that I have a new quest pack from my HB copy. I'd recommend purchasing the shared storage with the turbine points, that let's you trade items between characters, that way you don't have to rely on finding other people to do crafting for you.

edit:

Another thing I like about the game is it's equipping system solves the style vs. substance dilemma. You can equip armor, boots, gloves, helmet, etc. for stat gains and that can be shown as visible to others or instead you can put different items in the equivalent cosmetic slots. Love the stat gains on a helmet but think it's butt ugly? Put a sweet cavalier hat in the cosmetic head slot and it will display that instead of the ugly helmet.

Guardian_owl.png

#234 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

I wonder what's upcoming next for this week's bundle :D

For the weekly it's either the Popcap or the Pinball one.  For the 'base' HIB, who knows.  They might just take another break.

#235 cyrus386

cyrus386

I used to go by "annihilator"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

For the weekly it's either the Popcap or the Pinball one.  For the 'base' HIB, who knows.  They might just take another break.

Ubisoft HB ftw.

#236 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Ubisoft HB ftw.

That'd be so awesome, only ubisoft game i have on steam (i believe) is Asscreed revelations

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#237 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Wouldn't mind that but they might stick us with some UPlay only keys.  Probably stuff like the older AssCreed and Splinter Cell games.

#238 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

Wouldn't mind that but they might stick us with some UPlay only keys.  Probably stuff like the older AssCreed and Splinter Cell games.

then they lost more customers just saying steam keys or get in mysterdrm

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#239 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

If Ubisoft does a bundle I'd bet my hat* it would be like the EA bundle (ie. to promote uPlay like Origin before it). Hopefully we would still get Steam keys from it though, they'd probably get a lot fewer sales otherwise.

*not the one I'm wearing now of course, I have a spare hat for betting ^_~

#240 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

If Ubisoft does a bundle I'd bet my hat* it would be like the EA bundle (ie. to promote uPlay like Origin before it). Hopefully we would still get Steam keys from it though, they'd probably get a lot fewer sales otherwise.

*not the one I'm wearing now of course, I have a spare hat for betting ^_~

okay i bet ur food nuts that u hit me with  then! it will be steam keys with uplay!

486163.png

76561198028344994.png