Humble Bundle Thread

Like the idea of one giant thread for all Humble deals. Reminds me of when EastX made the executive decision to create a Steam Megathread as opposed to a thread for each deal. Way back in....2008 I think it was?

God, could you imagine the clutter if there was a thread for each of the Steam weekly, daily, midweek and weekend deals? In addition to the three threads for Humbles weekly, daily and regukar bundle threads? (shudders)

Indeed.  And there's only one main Humble every two to four weeks (depending on downtime), the weekly... every week... and the store thing may or may not have frequent deals.

Like the idea of one giant thread for all Humble deals. Reminds me of when EastX made the executive decision to create a Steam Megathread as opposed to a thread for each deal. Way back in....2008 I think it was?

God, could you imagine the clutter if there was a thread for each of the Steam weekly, daily, midweek and weekend deals? In addition to the three threads for Humbles weekly, daily and regukar bundle threads? (shudders)

Reminds me of when EastX abandoned every single thread he created.

edit: this was before wikis, of course

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy schlamoley... From the HB store front page right now:

These deals expire in just 12:48:52| What is the Humble Store? | 10% of proceeds go to charity | $72,880 raised for charity

If 10% of proceeds go to charity, does this mean they've made over $700K in less than 12 hours?

If they add in Imposters unlocks maybe some CAGs would be up for doing some matches. The player numbers as they are now are dire.

I played a trial of it on 360 a while back and enjoyed it, and have been meaning to download it on PC now it is F2P so this would be a great excuse to. I might as well say I'm terrible at MP shooters, but if anyone wants an easy target I'd be down to play ^_^

If they add in Imposters unlocks maybe some CAGs would be up for doing some matches. The player numbers as they are now are dire.
I tried to play some today but apparently it's not a very popular game in the Aus/NZ region. Sat in matchmaking for 5 minutes and not a single person joined. I'd be keen to play a game with some CAGs, but I fear the lag would be too unbearable on my end :whistle2:(

Also, regarding the bonuses tomorrow...those of us who bought Gotham City Impostors before it went F2P already have the Professional Pack.

Nice thread, louiedog. I think this was a great idea.

That first PopCap group can't be Tier 1, can it? Bejeweled 3 and Bookworm Deluxe in the $1 tier and Peggle Nights in the $6 tier? That doesn't sound right. 

That first PopCap group can't be Tier 1, can it? Bejeweled 3 and Bookworm Deluxe in the $1 tier and Peggle Nights in the $6 tier? That doesn't sound right.
It makes more sense than the other way around: PvZ is probably the most famous of the Popcap games, and Peggle Nights is the sequel to Peggle.

That first PopCap group can't be Tier 1, can it? Bejeweled 3 and Bookworm Deluxe in the $1 tier and Peggle Nights in the $6 tier? That doesn't sound right. Be
Bejeweled 3 would be the single "big draw" in the lower tier. The other titles listed in that level are the older versions of each respective series.

In the upper tier you have PvZ - probably their biggest grossing title (albeit one that they've all but given away) - and the newer versions.

If one of today's Humble WB Bundle bonuses does end up being Guardians of Middle-Earth you may be interested to know that there are a couple of Raptr rewards for DLC. One requires you to be Dedicated in the game and the other requires Elite status so you won't be able to qualify immediately, but it might be incentive to put the game on the front of your list and maybe do some idling if you plan to play much of it and will use the DLC.

Bejeweled 3 would be the single "big draw" in the lower tier. The other titles listed in that level are the older versions of each respective series.

In the upper tier you have PvZ - probably their biggest grossing title (albeit one that they've all but given away) - and the newer versions.
Actually they did give it away (in Halloween baskets of all places) :p

I'd rather have the Steam version of PvZ, which wasn't given away.. but I'm not willing to pay $6 for it. Steam version AFAIK has no activation limits. The version that was given away does.

Too late! But really, people were talking about weekly deals in the main thread and vice versa. And everybody was talking about the Steam key changes. I like one mega thread better.
Yea I can see it now. One thread makes sense.

I guess the Humble Mumble RSS feed will announce daily store deals, too.

It makes more sense than the other way around: PvZ is probably the most famous of the Popcap games, and Peggle Nights is the sequel to Peggle.
Hm. I guess it's just me, but I figured that everyone who wanted to play PvZ would have by now--it's been released damn near everywhere so I can't imagine it's still making PopCap a ton of money, but I'm sure I could be wrong.

If one of today's Humble WB Bundle bonuses does end up being Guardians of Middle-Earth you may be interested to know that there are a couple of Raptr rewards for DLC. One requires you to be Dedicated in the game and the other requires Elite status so you won't be able to qualify immediately, but it might be incentive to put the game on the front of your list and maybe do some idling if you plan to play much of it and will use the DLC.
Well, I played a bit of it when it first showed up in the free PS+ list, but it's not that much fun, IMO. As much as I usually enjoy LoTR-themed games, I don't think MOBAs are my kind of thing. It reminded me of all of the reasons I didn't care for Company of Heroes--it was too much like actual trench warfare. I would spend a lot of time and resources trying to control an area only to lose it to the AI and then have to recapture that area--wash, rinse, repeat.

Hm. I guess it's just me, but I figured that everyone who wanted to play PvZ would have by now--it's been released damn near everywhere so I can't imagine it's still making PopCap a ton of money, but I'm sure I could be wrong.
I've played it on PC, PS3, iOS, and partway through the borked Android version, and the inclusion in this bundle still has me excited since I can playthrough it again on Steam :bouncy:

I suppose I'm in the minority, but PopCap is certainly still taking my money...

So since you've actually played some of these PopCap games, would you say the bundle (minimum tier) is worth a dollar?
  • Bejweled 3: Definitely, if you like match 3 games (I do, played it a lot)
  • Escape Rosecliff Island: Boring hidden object "adventure", gave up not even half-way
  • Peggle Deluxe: Finished it out of sheer bloodymindedness but hated it - might as well be playing a slot machine
  • Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown Deluxe: Cute arcade-style game but nothing special
  • BookWorm Deluxe: Decent word game but Adventures is much much better
So, for a dollah? Yes if you like the Bejeweled "genre", but otherwise it's a tossup.

Some people seem to actually like Peggle but they're obviously insane, so you gonna take their word or mine?

• Bejweled 3: Definitely, if you like match 3 games (I do, played it a lot) My wife loves this game--she used to play it for hours on end on Mac.
  • BookWorm Deluxe: Decent word game but Adventures is much much better I agree with this. The Adventures games have more of a story, but BookWorm is great fun if you like word games.
So, for a dollah? Yes if you like the Bejeweled "genre", but otherwise it's a tossup.

Some people seem to actually like Peggle but they're obviously insane, so you gonna take their word or mine?

I ended up doing the opposite and got Euro Truck Simulator 2 instead of Rogue Legacy. I'm torn on Legacy, as I already have FTL and Spelunky to finish. Wonder if I should wait for a Humble Bundle?

I ended up doing the opposite and got Euro Truck Simulator 2 instead of Rogue Legacy. I'm torn on Legacy, as I already have FTL and Spelunky to finish. Wonder if I should wait for a Humble Bundle?
You made the right choice. ETS2 will give 100s of hours of gameplay. Should hold you over until Rogue Legacy is bundled.

• Bejweled 3: Definitely, if you like match 3 games (I do, played it a lot)
  • Escape Rosecliff Island: Boring hidden object "adventure", gave up not even half-way
  • Peggle Deluxe: Finished it out of sheer bloodymindedness but hated it - might as well be playing a slot machine
  • Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown Deluxe: Cute arcade-style game but nothing special
  • BookWorm Deluxe: Decent word game but Adventures is much much better

Peggle is awesome. I can see why somebody wouldn't like peggle...personally I loved it.

If one of today's Humble WB Bundle bonuses does end up being Guardians of Middle-Earth you may be interested to know that there are a couple of Raptr rewards for DLC. One requires you to be Dedicated in the game and the other requires Elite status so you won't be able to qualify immediately, but it might be incentive to put the game on the front of your list and maybe do some idling if you plan to play much of it and will use the DLC.
Wait a minute. Is the game a MOBA?

I absolutely love Peggle, and if I hadn't bought the Popcap pack from the Panda, I'd be all over this bundle just for Peggle alone.

... What the crap?

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Steam) is part of the Humble Store sale?!

Antichamber (Steam) - $5.99
Planetary Annihilation Beta (Steam) - $39.99
Receiver (Steam+DRM-free)- $1.99
Dust: An Elysian Tail (Steam) - $7.49
Blade Symphony Pre-order (Steam) - $7.49
Papers, Please (Steam+DRM-free) - $5.99
Guild Wars 2 - $29.99
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Steam) - $4.99
Alan Wake Franchise (Steam) - $5.99

Has guild Wars 2 ever been $29.99 before?  That's definitely not a game that I would envision will be hitting a bundle any time soon.

so, does this mean there is no bonus?
No. There have been a couple of instances where they didn't come exactly when expected. Maybe it'll be tomorrow. Maybe it'll be later today because they wanted to get out of the way of the Humble Store price change which is a new promotion.

so, does this mean there is no bonus?
People at SteamGifts reported the bonuses being added to their bundle pages only briefly an hour or two ago. Some even redeemed games, then the bonuses were removed shortly after. Read more here.

... What the crap?

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Steam) is part of the Humble Store sale?!

Antichamber (Steam) - $5.99
Planetary Annihilation Beta (Steam) - $39.99
Receiver (Steam+DRM-free)- $1.99
Dust: An Elysian Tail (Steam) - $7.49
Blade Symphony Pre-order (Steam) - $7.49
Papers, Please (Steam+DRM-free) - $5.99
Guild Wars 2 - $29.99
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Steam) - $4.99
Alan Wake Franchise (Steam) - $5.99
Crap. I'm going to be broke.

In for Dust and Blood Dragon.

bread's done