Humble Bundle Thread

Does anyone else keep reading that as "Steely Dan" pack?
Yes.

edit: If anyone out there wants to compete with CheapyD in the same website market space and is named Daniel, think about Dealy Dan. I'm just throwing it out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
To pay it forward, here's an old Humble Bundle Steam Key for Bastion that I never used:

0EMCH-2C3IK-CB3RY

• Thunderwolves
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
  • Air Conflicts Pacific Carriers
  • Jagged Alliance Classics (1, 2, Deadly Games, Unfinished Business)

$6+

• Expeditions Conquistador
  • Jagged Alliance Crossfire
I really want Expeditions Conquistador. I'm definitely in for $1, but I'm not sure $5 more for EC is very enticing to me.

Does anyone else keep reading that as "Steely Dan" pack?
Yes. Was excited.

First time i beat the average in.... ever i think :( wouldnt be so bad if i didnt already own Scribblenauts and Fear.

But i learned my lesson. Never buy games not in a bundle. Ever.

First time i beat the average in.... ever i think :( wouldnt be so bad if i didnt already own Scribblenauts and Fear.

But i learned my lesson. Never buy games not in a bundle. Ever.
So you never buy individual games anymore?

I'm tempted to go that route. I HATE seeing games I already bought in these bundles. It would be a good practice for me. It'd keep my backlog from becoming so gargantuan.

Expedition Conquistadors will probably be $5 in the upcoming Steam sales if you have an excess amount of Gabe buxxx and don't particularly want the other games in the bundle.  I bought it awhile ago for $6ish with Russian connections and have been trying to get into it but it just feels a bit flat.  It's challenging but the combat is a bit same-y.  I enjoy turn based strategy games but aside from a few environmental traps and barricades you're basically just shooting people with your hunters and blocking them off with your soldiers.  It's not bad... it's just... kind of dull after awhile.

It's hard to make it interesting since it's historical and not high fantasy like King's Bounty where you can throw in spells and dragons and such.

I'm tempted to go that route. I HATE seeing games I already bought in these bundles. It would be a good practice for me. It'd keep my backlog from becoming so gargantuan.
Honestly, i think in the past year i only bought games with store credit (from christmas gifts+selling cards).

In fact, i think i bought both Scribblenauts and Fear with store credit.

im not really that annjoyed, im just being silly. but i am starting to get iffy on what games i buy if i think it'll get bundled.

Like 2k games. i can see a 2K bundle coming eventually. Spec Ops/Darkness2/Bioshock1+2 been so cheap lately wouldnt be surprise if they got humblebundled.

Steely Dawn would be terrible full price, but it is nice at under $5. With Helm's Deep coming out next week, the experience boosters will be helpful.

I try my best to do so. I have every game in this bundle or played the free versions, except for War in the North and the origins skins. I put in some money just to get war in the north, but now considering the beat the average just for the LOR:Online pack.

Tomorrow's Weekly may be bitComposer Games

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnFuqxUHTNY[/youtube]

PWYW

• Thunderwolves
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
  • Air Conflicts Pacific Carriers
  • Jagged Alliance Classics (1, 2, Deadly Games, Unfinished Business)

$6+

• Expeditions Conquistador
  • Jagged Alliance Crossfire
Wah. Not interested. Gimme Pinball and Popcap!

Can I redeem the DLC for base games that I don't have?

Edit: Nope.  I was able to redeem the Gotham City Imposters DLC because the game is free to play, but the Arkham Origins DLC will not activate.

pasports31 said:
I've came thisclose on beating FTL like 5 times. Of course, that was on easy...
I've come close to starting FTL like 5 times.

guardian_owl said:
You have to had BTA (or increase the amount you pay on a previous purchase) to get the second round of games.
thank goodness, I would've felt like a dumbass not buying it full price when it was hovering around and below $4

Neuropod said:
Well ain't that some shit. Anybody got a cheap FEAR 1 key? That's all I really want anyway.
if you're still looking for fear, let me know.

Possibly although Grimrock was in the BTA tier when it was in a Humble (also came with Dungeon Defender's complete as one key) so $3.75 isn't a bad price.

Legend of Grimrock worth 3.75?
Totally, cool game, although I got stuck on one of the floors and gave up. Plus there's a pretty healthy modding community that releases standalone campaigns via steam workshop, so if you dig the game, there's plenty more to play. If you want/plan on playing the game, absolutely worth 3.75.

Might be a chance they put it in another bundle or give it away free whenever they release Grimrock 2.  But that's a year or so away.

Yeah they seem to be one of the smarter indie devs out there. Put it in a bundle as BTA, and hasn't been in any other bundles since.. doesn't devalue their game as much.

And for the record, I liked it.  It doesn't do anything amazing or advance the genre any but... since that genre had been dead for a good decade or so it's a nice 'tribute' to it.  Seems like they're making significant improvements in the sequel such as better character progression, more interesting combat, outdoor areas, etc.

And for the record, I liked it. It doesn't do anything amazing or advance the genre any but... since that genre had been dead for a good decade or so it's a nice 'tribute' to it. Seems like they're making significant improvements in the sequel such as better character progression, more interesting combat, outdoor areas, etc.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, Mooby is actually liking games lately :whee:

Grimrock is amazing. I used to play a ton of dungeon crawlers back then, and can tell you Grimrock is a perfect mix of most of the great classics. You can even feel it on the sounds and animation, All the details are there.

Seems pretty clear to me - they're doing this Steam holiday-sale style, daily deals at steepest discount, reduced back to "launch sale"-level discount after the day's over.

But they don't really have a proper store - it's just the front page and then an alphabetical list below it.  If they are using the tiles for discounts, it seems weird to have the same game twice in there at 2 different prices.  Minor quibble, I guess.  

I just noticed... the Jagged Alliance games are DRM-free only, even 'though it looks like they're all on Steam.

I thought so too but it doesn't look like JA1 is on there at all.

Only things I'm missing from the $1 tier are Thunder Wolves and the JA games, and with those being DRM-free I'd realistically never get around to them anyway. Is Thunder Wolves worth it? I mean it does seem like it could easily end up in another bundle, considering this is Bitcomposer.

FYI--Non-BTA games are all one Steam key URL(except DRM-free old JA games, that is).

IMO, Thunder Wolves is probably worth $1.

Thunder Wolves and Galaxy both look like they could be mindless fun and I've so far managed to avoid them in other bundles. I may wait a few days to let it sink in and determine whether or not I want to throw a dollar at it.

bread's done
Back