Photo
* * * * * 12 votes

Humble Megathread - Humble Square Enix Bundle - Simulators 2 Weekly - Transformers Comics - Skybound (TWD) Bundle

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

• Please log in to reply
9667 replies to this topic

#61 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Bejeweled 3 would be the single "big draw" in the lower tier. The other titles listed in that level are the older versions of each respective series. 

In the upper tier you have PvZ - probably their biggest grossing title (albeit one that they've all but given away) - and the newer versions.

Actually they did give it away (in Halloween baskets of all places) :-P

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#62 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

I may or may not have squirreled one of those away (sorry) for myself.  :evil:

76561197971332172.png

#63 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'd rather have the Steam version of PvZ, which wasn't given away.. but I'm not willing to pay $6 for it. Steam version AFAIK has no activation limits. The version that was given away does.

#64 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Too late!  But really, people were talking about weekly deals in the main thread and vice versa.  And everybody was talking about the Steam key changes.  I like one mega thread better.

Yea I can see it now. One thread makes sense.

I guess the Humble Mumble RSS feed will announce daily store deals, too.

#65 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

It makes more sense than the other way around: PvZ is probably the most famous of the Popcap games, and Peggle Nights is the sequel to Peggle.

Hm. I guess it's just me, but I figured that everyone who wanted to play PvZ would have by now--it's been released damn near everywhere so I can't imagine it's still making PopCap a ton of money, but I'm sure I could be wrong.

If one of today's Humble WB Bundle bonuses does end up being Guardians of Middle-Earth you may be interested to know that there are a couple of Raptr rewards for DLC. One requires you to be Dedicated in the game and the other requires Elite status so you won't be able to qualify immediately, but it might be incentive to put the game on the front of your list and maybe do some idling if you plan to play much of it and will use the DLC.

Well, I played a bit of it when it first showed up in the free PS+ list, but it's not that much fun, IMO. As much as I usually enjoy LoTR-themed games, I don't think MOBAs are my kind of thing. It reminded me of all of the reasons I didn't care for Company of Heroes--it was too much like actual trench warfare. I would spend a lot of time and resources trying to control an area only to lose it to the AI and then have to recapture that area--wash, rinse, repeat. 

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#66 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hm. I guess it's just me, but I figured that everyone who wanted to play PvZ would have by now--it's been released damn near everywhere so I can't imagine it's still making PopCap a ton of money, but I'm sure I could be wrong. 

I've played it on PC, PS3, iOS, and partway through the borked Android version, and the inclusion in this bundle still has me excited since I can playthrough it again on Steam :bouncy:

I suppose I'm in the minority, but PopCap is certainly still taking my money...

#67 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

PvZ was $2.5 on Halloween

76561198025176705.png

#68 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Bookworm Deluxe is boring.

Bookworm Adventures is really good (probably my favorite Popcap game along with PvZ).

#69 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Bookworm Deluxe is boring.

Bookworm Adventures is really good (probably my favorite Popcap game along with PvZ).

So since you've actually played some of these PopCap games, would you say the bundle (minimum tier) is worth a dollar?

#70 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

yup that hwo i got it got som extras dont remeber but yup it was where i got it free like mns need to bbe free of his food nuts

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#71 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

So since you've actually played some of these PopCap games, would you say the bundle (minimum tier) is worth a dollar?

It'd be worth it for Bejeweled or Peggle alone.

I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98).

#72 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

• Bejweled 3: Definitely, if you like match 3 games (I do, played it a lot)
  • Escape Rosecliff Island: Boring hidden object "adventure", gave up not even half-way
  • Peggle Deluxe: Finished it out of sheer bloodymindedness but hated it - might as well be playing a slot machine
  • Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown Deluxe: Cute arcade-style game but nothing special
  • BookWorm Deluxe: Decent word game but Adventures is much much better

So, for a dollah? Yes if you like the Bejeweled "genre", but otherwise it's a tossup.

Some people seem to actually like Peggle but they're obviously insane, so you gonna take their word or mine?

#73 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Some people seem to actually like Peggle but they're obviously insane, so you gonna take their word or mine?

Proud inmate of PopCap asylum :wave:

#74 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

• Peggle Deluxe: Finished it out of sheer bloodymindedness but hated it - might as well be playing a slot machine

There is indefinitely more interaction with Peggle than with a traditional slot machine.

I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)

#75 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

• Bejweled 3: Definitely, if you like match 3 games (I do, played it a lot)  My wife loves this game--she used to play it for hours on end on Mac. 
  • BookWorm Deluxe: Decent word game but Adventures is much much better I agree with this. The Adventures games have more of a story, but BookWorm is great fun if you like word games. 

So, for a dollah? Yes if you like the Bejeweled "genre", but otherwise it's a tossup.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#76 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I liked Peggle and Peggle Nights quite a bit. I'd liken it more to Pachinko than a Slot Machine. 

FYI to anyone interested, there's a Peggle Deluxe Demo available on Steam.

76561197971332172.png

#77 Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

I ended up doing the opposite and got Euro Truck Simulator 2 instead of Rogue Legacy. I'm torn on Legacy, as I already have FTL and Spelunky to finish. Wonder if I should wait for a Humble Bundle?

76561197970925405.png

#78 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

I liked Peggle and Peggle Nights quite a bit. I'd liken it more to Pachinko than a Slot Machine. 

FYI to anyone interested, there's a Peggle Deluxe Demo available on Steam.

There's also Peggle Extreme, a slightly Valve-themed version with only a few levels.

#79 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

I ended up doing the opposite and got Euro Truck Simulator 2 instead of Rogue Legacy. I'm torn on Legacy, as I already have FTL and Spelunky to finish. Wonder if I should wait for a Humble Bundle?

You made the right choice.  ETS2 will give 100s of hours of gameplay.  Should hold you over until Rogue Legacy is bundled.  

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#80 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

• Bejweled 3: Definitely, if you like match 3 games (I do, played it a lot)
  • Escape Rosecliff Island: Boring hidden object "adventure", gave up not even half-way
  • Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown Deluxe: Cute arcade-style game but nothing special
  • BookWorm Deluxe: Decent word game but Adventures is much much better

Peggle is awesome. I can see why somebody wouldn't like peggle...personally I loved it. 

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#81 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Peggle is awesome. I can see why somebody wouldn't like peggle...personally I loved it. 

I hated it because it was so random - there was no way to judge where the ball would go after the first bounce or two.

#82 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

If one of today's Humble WB Bundle bonuses does end up being Guardians of Middle-Earth you may be interested to know that there are a couple of Raptr rewards for DLC. One requires you to be Dedicated in the game and the other requires Elite status so you won't be able to qualify immediately, but it might be incentive to put the game on the front of your list and maybe do some idling if you plan to play much of it and will use the DLC.

Wait a minute. Is the game a MOBA?

foxhack.jpg

#83 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

I hated it because it was so random - there was no way to judge where the ball would go after the first bounce or two.

THERE MUST ME ORDER!

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#84 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

THERE MUST ME ORDER!

Maybe not order, but at least *some* skill...

#85 Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

You made the right choice.  ETS2 will give 100s of hours of gameplay.  Should hold you over until Rogue Legacy is bundled.  

With my backlog, it's not like I NEEDED something to hold me over :)

Sometimes I think my library has gotten so big, it makes it EASIER to buy more games. "What's one more?"

76561197970925405.png

#86 groz24

groz24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

I absolutely love Peggle, and if I hadn't bought the Popcap pack from the Panda, I'd be all over this bundle just for Peggle alone.

#87 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Understandable. I find it really addicting, but could see why it would aggravate someone.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#88 Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

With my backlog, it's not like I NEEDED something to hold me over :)

Sometimes I think my library has gotten so big, it makes it EASIER to buy more games. "What's one more?"

I'm so weak. I bought Rogue Legacy too.

To be fair, it's been high up on my wish list. :)

76561197970925405.png

#89 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

Wait a minute. Is the game a MOBA?

100%

#90 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

... What the crap?

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Steam) is part of the Humble Store sale?!

Antichamber (Steam) - $5.99
Planetary Annihilation Beta (Steam) - $39.99
Receiver (Steam+DRM-free)- $1.99
Dust: An Elysian Tail (Steam) - $7.49
Blade Symphony Pre-order (Steam) - $7.49
Papers, Please (Steam+DRM-free) - $5.99
Guild Wars 2 - $29.99
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Steam) - $4.99
Alan Wake Franchise (Steam) - $5.99

foxhack.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free