Photo
* * * * * 12 votes

Humble Megathread - Square Enix Bundle - Plug In Digital Weekly - Transformers & Skybound Comics - Humungous Flash - Square Enix Store Sale

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

• Please log in to reply
9861 replies to this topic

#9841 Bizz

Bizz

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

aw man, they didn't add Mind Jack to the bundle? definitely passing on it now!

76561197971332981.png

#9842 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

After completing my deal, I can confirm this.

Not quite sure what to do about that. I got my DRM-Free copies as well as 6 game keys for $5. Kinda feels like I fleeced my buying partner. Even if it was unintentional.

Fleecing the buyer is the last step of every good trade.

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#9843 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 12:23 AM

After completing my deal, I can confirm this.

Not quite sure what to do about that. I got my DRM-Free copies as well as 6 game keys for $5. Kinda feels like I fleeced my buying partner. Even if it was unintentional.

Considering Drabes and I paid more than $15 for that humongous Humongous pack and were fine with doing it I wouldn't feel too bad. There's nowhere else someone is going to get that entire pack for $15 right now and probably for a while.

steam_sig.png

#9844 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 03:23 AM

If anybody has an extra Deus Ex: The Fall from the Squeenix they'd want to part with for some Paypal, shoot me a PM.

NO DON'T DO IT WHYYY

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#9845 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 03:28 AM

If anybody has an extra Deus Ex: The Fall from the Squeenix they'd want to part with for some Paypal, shoot me a PM.

I'm interested in a copy, too, depending on the price.

I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.50).

#9846 greendayrulestce

greendayrulestce

Gayness rules don't fit

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 03:37 AM

I could get one off Tremor, but then I'd be spreading a virus that you can't get rid of.

This being said, if I find nothing better to get after the HIB bonuses get added, I'll probably pick it up myself. I bring shame upon my famiri again.

76561198041088896.png 6p2a1c.jpg

Now playing: Ni No Kuni 2vcuah2.gif

Super Magnetic Neo (Dreamcast)

#9847 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:18 AM

If anybody has a copy of Last Remnant for cheap, PM me

#9848 foxstarwind

foxstarwind

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:27 AM

Did ANYBODY happen to buy an extra Humongous Complete Pack as a gift and would be willing to sell it to me? Please let me know, I'll gladly buy it from you!

#9849 MachRay

MachRay

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 AM

Did Square Enix remaster those Final Fantasy games in the Humble Store? Not sure if its worth it but looks really nice. Not too sure about the difference between the original and the ones in the store for vii and viii. Hated having to draw magic all the fing time.

#9850 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:35 AM

Did Square Enix Remaster those Final Fantasy games in the Humble Store? Not sure if its worth it but looks really nice. Not too sure about the difference between the original and the ones in the store for vii and viii. Hated having to draw magic all the fing time.

7 and 8 are just the PC ports that came out years ago. 3 is a port of the mobile version, which is a port of the DS version, which I believe was remade for the platform.

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#9851 greendayrulestce

greendayrulestce

Gayness rules don't fit

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:39 AM

7 and 8 are just the PC ports that came out years ago. 3 is a port of the mobile version, which is a port of the DS version, which I believe was remade for the platform.

I know nothing of III in terms of the PC version, but it's neato that it came to it, since it never had before. I enjoyed the game on the DS, but's I felt like it's pretty rudimentary, but that's a fault of the NES source material.

7 had some issues with the music track being MIDI, but they patched that. VIII still has this MIDI music, with fans claiming that it sounds worse than the PS1 soundtrack. It's probably tolerable, but stupid on Square's part. Since VII's got fixed months in, I expect VIII will eventually be fixed.

I hear there's minor graphical updates, and of course, since it's on PC, you can mod. 

One time activation through Square's server, then I think it acts like normal Steam DRM, but it is an extra first online-only step. You can even pay for some cheats, which is stupid for the player, but great for them.

I think that's enough. I miss anything ya'll?

EDIT: Oh, achievements, which is kinda' cool.

#9852 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 AM

Back in the day if you had a really good midi card those old FF7 and 8 PC games sounded great. I had a Soundblaster AWE32 with 28MB of RAM (there's Jpegs bigger than that now but in the 90s that was a lot) and a Yamaha DB50XG daughterboard. It sounded awesome.

These days we all have some crap software midi Microsoft halfassed into Windows years ago and then forgot about so no wonder it sounds terrible. It was stupid for them to release a modern game with midi anyway, even if it was a re-release. It's not hard to record all those midi tracks off of some machine running actual decent midi hardware and then just make them all into mp3s or whatever.

steam_sig.png

#9853 Souffrir

Souffrir

Eternally Training CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:38 AM

Back in the day if you had a really good midi card those old FF7 and 8 PC games sounded great. I had a Soundblaster AWE32 with 28MB of RAM (there's Jpegs bigger than that now but in the 90s that was a lot) and a Yamaha DB50XG daughterboard. It sounded awesome.

These days we all have some crap software midi Microsoft halfassed into Windows years ago and then forgot about so no wonder it sounds terrible. It was stupid for them to release a modern game with midi anyway, even if it was a re-release. It's not hard to record all those midi tracks off of some machine running actual decent midi hardware and then just make them all into mp3s or whatever.

Frig, I have the full FFVIII soundtrack in lossless AAC. Just ask, SE, I'll send you the files. Every looping track repeats in full twice, so you have plenty to work with to get a workable looping copy.

#9854 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:40 AM

Yeah it's pretty easy to find good quality renditions of those tracks and there's been orchestral concerts playing them and everything. It's more like WFT Square y u giv midi?

steam_sig.png

#9855 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 AM

Timberrrrrr

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9856 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 03:37 PM

Its a pain but supposedly you can replace the default MS gssynth renderer with another one, then choose a soundfont that doesnt suck balls and midi will be rendered awesome again

The issue is with vista and above ms removed the ability to change the default midi mapping and send midi output wherever you wanted, so now you have to do these workarounds with 'virtual' midi cables and what not.  Havent tried it but you can try this one:

http://openmidiproje...elector_en.html

supposedly just lets you change the midi mapping again

not sure why MS decided that midi was basically a legacy format since every single piece of audio production software still uses it as the basis for anything non-audio related

#9857 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:22 PM

not sure why MS decided that midi was basically a legacy format since every single piece of audio production software still uses it as the basis for anything non-audio related

Undoubtedly true but the vast majority of the customer base will never use audio production software, and a significant fraction of the ones that do are using it for a) putting loops together in a sequencer and/or b) using it with a virtual or real turntable for DJ work, neither of which, if I understand it correctly, actually need MIDI. 

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#9858 rcsample

rcsample

That's just like, your opinion man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:44 PM

First one to PM me with a correct guess for each of the games below gets a humble gift link to it:

All gone....

First Game:

mission_impossible_2.jpgMeteor-in-night-sky-1572022.jpg

Second Game:

AtBGykK.png

Last Game:

Charles-Bronson-in-The-Me-007.jpg

journey-escape.jpg

#9859 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:53 PM

The last one's gotta have something to do with a nonhuman sperm being too powerful for that ovum ...so Hatoful Boyfriend?

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#9860 greendayrulestce

greendayrulestce

Gayness rules don't fit

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:56 PM

Haha, DAT second is too easy!!!

#9861 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:01 PM

New Humble Transformers Bundle BTA Unlocks:

• Transformers: Regeneration One, Vol. 1
  • Transformers: For All Mankind, Vol. 1
  • Transformers: Prime - Rage of the Dinobots
  • Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Posted Image

#9862 Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 07:05 PM

Well, I figured there was some legal shenanigan behind it, but what the hell was Spider-Man doing with the Transformers anyway? Did Stan Lee have a really good doobie that day and decide, why not get your chocolate in my peanut butter?! 

This doesn't explain the missing # 9 unless this was the blowout spectacular annual issue where Wolverine, X-Force, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and the Guardians of the Galaxy team up with the Autobots to take down Megatron once and for all. 

F*&# it, I'll just skip this one and wait for the Buffy and The Shadow comics bundles!

Isn't that what the entire Saints Row series is already?

Sorry, just catching up on posts. #9 has a character Marvel created named "Circuit Breaker".

76561197970925405.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free