Photo
* * * * - 37 votes

The Steam Deals Thread v10

steam steam deals cards steam cards gaben pc steambox

25605 replies to this topic

#21001 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

I notice you save the already bundled and cheap games for the giveaways you do when most Americans aren't actually at work while the Euro timed ones that are 11 AM PST on weekdays get all the nice shiny new stuff that most of us here don't already own.

Yes, I am entitled.  [-(

Tonight's stream was done on very short notice and I don't even know if the turnout will be any good. Also, there's more games than the usual 1 or 2.

Also, I'm still bitter than North America gets Legend of Zelda: Four Swords for free on 3DS.

I'll try and make something special happen for you next Sunday :)

I'm live now anyway:

#21002 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

Four In February challenge, I done made you my bitch.

Games beaten in February:

Feb 01 - Duke Nukem Forever

Feb 02 - Portal 2

Feb 05 - Bastion

Spoiler

Feb 09 - Mirror's Edge

Spoiler

Time to go for some extra credit. I'm gonna knock off as many games from my backlog as I can in the remainder of the month. I'm gonna run through a couple of the really short 2Deep4U games that have been in humble bundles recently (To The Moon, Dear Esther, Proteus) to get me started.

#21003 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Games beaten in February:

Feb 01 - Duke Nukem Forever

Feb 02 - Portal 2

Feb 05 - Bastion

Spoiler

Feb 09 - Mirror's Edge

Spoiler

Time to go for some extra credit. I'm gonna knock off as many games from my backlog as I can in the remainder of the month. I'm gonna run through a couple of the really short 2Deep4U games that have been in humble bundles recently (To The Moon, Dear Ester, Proteus) to get me started.

I might actually stand a chance at this. I thought I had no shot, as I'm playing Morrowind, but I might "finish" that soon. It's hard to tell when you're done with a game like that, but I'm head of the Thieve's Guild, Morag Tong, Fighter's Guild, House Hlauu, Imperial Legion, and getting there with the Mages' Guild and Temple. In the middle of the main quest right now. 120 hours in...getting there...

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#21004 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

Well if we're posting Four in Feb in this thread...

I'm happy to say I got my achievement before The End.  Last night I finished my fourth.

1. Max Payne 3
  2. Shufflepuck Cantina*
  3. Darkness II
  4. Hydrophobia Prophesy

*I've beaten everyone but the last boss which requires a crazy freemium grind to unlock.  I've played 14 hours and am #2 on CAG-leaderboards.  It's done.

I wasn't actually trying to do the 4-in-Feb... I was just looking to clear some disk space, and was in my rare mood of wanting/willing to play a shooter.

If Hydrophobia didn't have it's curiosity-reputation I don't think I'd have finished it, however knowing it was short helped... still they should have just eliminated the second act.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#21005 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Was it a BattleTech Center?

Yes!  That's the thing.  If not exactly that (though I think it was) then something very similar.  [Edit: The linked Wiki says the first opened in Chicago in 1990 so that must have been it]

Haha... watching that, they mention that each console is powered by four linked computers boasting a total of 16mb of RAM.

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#21006 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

I'm happy to say I got my achievement before The End.  Last night I finished my fourth.

1. Max Payne 3
  2. Shufflepuck Cantina*
  3. Darkness II
  4. Hydrophobia Prophesy

*I've beaten everyone but the last boss which requires a crazy freemium grind to unlock.  I've played 14 hours and am #2 on CAG-leaderboards.  It's done.

I wasn't actually trying to do the 4-in-Feb... I was just looking to clear some disk space, and was in my rare mood of wanting/willing to play a shooter.

If Hydrophobia didn't have it's curiosity-reputation I don't think I'd have finished it, however knowing it was short helped... still they should have just eliminated the second act.

* No, its not.  

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#21007 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

Yes!  That's the thing.  If not exactly that (though I think it was) then something very similar.

Haha... watching that, they mention that each console is powered by four linked computers boasting a total of 16mb of RAM.

They were PCs.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#21008 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

Has anyone yet noted that the Holiday Helpings Groupees bundle added Steam keys for Ethan: Meteor Hunter? You know, the one with the Doctor Who games.

#21009 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Has anyone yet noted that the Holiday Helpings Groupees bundle added Steam keys for Ethan: Meteor Hunter? You know, the one with the Doctor Who games.

Days ago.  Were you on another bender again?

#21010 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

I might actually stand a chance at this. I thought I had no shot, as I'm playing Morrowind, but I might "finish" that soon. It's hard to tell when you're done with a game like that, but I'm head of the Thieve's Guild, Morag Tong, Fighter's Guild, House Hlauu, Imperial Legion, and getting there with the Mages' Guild and Temple. In the middle of the main quest right now. 120 hours in...getting there...

Well for me, once you've finished the main quest, you should be able to call the game beaten. Obviously you could spend hours upon hours doing other crap in the game if you wanted. But if the main quest completion isn't the point where you can rightly say you beat the game, I sure as hell don't know where the "beaten" point would be.

1. Max Payne 3
  2. Shufflepuck Cantina*
  3. Darkness II
  4. Hydrophobia Prophesy
Spoiler

Yeah, I saw you post about beating Hydrophobia Prophecy last night. I still had one level to go on Mirror's Edge, so you definitely finished the goal before me.

I didn't realize Hydrophobia Prophecy was supposed to be that short. I might throw that on the "to do" list.

#21011 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Days ago.  Were you on another bender again?

Oh. Yeah, I ended up parkouring with some friends and hurt my shoulder when I rolled wrong out of a double kong. Drinking copious amounts later on at the strip club allowed me to forget about it until I woke up this afternoon. Too many things are hurting, and I don't know what's going on.

#21012 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

Oh. Yeah, I ended up parkouring with some friends and hurt my shoulder when I rolled wrong out of a double kong. Drinking copious amounts later on at the strip club allowed me to forget about it until I woke up this afternoon. Too many things are hurting, and I don't know what's going on.

That's called a STD.  You should probably take a Plan B just to be safe. 

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#21013 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

Steam Daily Deal:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition = 75% off @ $7.49

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#21014 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

That's called and STD.  You should probably take a Plan B just to be safe. 

Will you stay with me even if I decide to keep the baby? You're a good tipper, which is why I <3 you.

#21015 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

Will you stay with me even if I decide to keep the baby? You're a good tipper, which is why I <3 you.

Staying with you would imply I was with you to begin with.  You're not good with words, are you.

#21016 laney

laney

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

I wish I had something good, but this'll do for nao.

35JPF-PJAA4-PJKPB

XDFER-2T52Z-Q5IER

76561198027893276.png

#21017 MnemnocH

MnemnocH

Cupcakes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Is this game like Darksiders?

Last time I played Castlevania is in NES.

Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   76561198062648772.png

#21018 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

It's not a Castlevania game, fyi.

#21019 MnemnocH

MnemnocH

Cupcakes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

It's not a Castlevania game, fyi.

That's what I thought too. So I cant really compare it to the original Castlevania hence my ignorace.

I tired checking the review in IGN but that site required me to enabled alot of permission from noscript just to see the damn text.

#21020 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

That's what I thought too. So I cant really compare it to the original Castlevania hence my ignorace.

I really don't remember that much about it... there's at least one CAG who likes it.  Reviews paint it as competent but not a Castlevania game (and really, it's the side-scrollers that were the real Castlevania games -- I could probably dig up NES save-strings if I tried.)  Given it's mixed reception, I'm expecting it's price to drop rather quickly... I'm holding out for $5.

#21021 lostnumber

lostnumber

The war is finally over!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I really don't remember that much about it... there's at least one CAG who likes it.  Reviews paint it as competent but not a Castlevania game (and really, it's the side-scrollers that were the real Castlevania games -- I could probably dig up NES save-strings if I tried.)  Given it's mixed reception, I'm expecting it's price to drop rather quickly... I'm holding out for $5.

People say it's a "God Of War clone" but it's really a lot like the N64 Castlevania games done with far better technology. Take that however you will. I liked and played through both of those and played quite a bit of Lords Of Shadow. Of course I far prefer the 2-D platformers myself.

#21022 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

You've missed some good times.

#21023 MnemnocH

MnemnocH

Cupcakes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

You've missed some good times.

Nah, I dont think so. I grew up with nes, sega then pc and an occasional ps1. Im not really into console since I got my 1st IBM.

#21024 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

4 For February so far...

Pokemon X - Complete

AC Liberation - Getting there...

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - In progress

#21025 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Nah, I dont think so. I grew up with nes, sega then pc and an occasional ps1. Im not really into console since I got my 1st IBM.

At the very least, you missed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on PlayStation. I'm glad I hung onto my copy as it's regarded as a true classic. 

76561197971332172.png

#21026 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

I ran into a complication, after I beat the first game on my list ,Bioshock I couldn't help starting Bioshock 2 instead of moving on to finish my planned in-progress games. Not sure if I'll be able to complete 4 in feb but I'm still giving it my best.

76561197996799113.png

#21027 lostnumber

lostnumber

The war is finally over!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

I'll be lucky if I get to beat a game anytime soon. Been trying to play Persona 4 but "things" get in the way. Still haven't finished my first game of the year.

#21028 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

At the very least, you missed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on PlayStation. I'm glad I hung onto my copy as it's regarded as a true classic. 

I love the Hell out of that game. Wish I had a physical copy. I've just got the digital PSN copy my roommate bought.

4 for February list for me

1) Warframe on PS4(technically no end but I got all of the trophies)

2) The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 on PS3(really damn good)

Working on

3) Mass Effect 2 on PS3(already beat the whole series on Xbox 360)

4) Metro: Last Light on PS3(close to the end)

#21029 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Don't know.

I don't own Castlevania: LoS - Ultimate (PC) yet.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#21030 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

Don't know.

I don't own Castlevania: LoS - Ultimate (PC) yet.

its 75% off buy it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, steam deals, cards, steam cards, gaben, pc, steambox