Toys R US to start select Black Friday items starting Wed Nov. 27th

Black friday? More like Black week to me, every retailer are now doing Black friday deals mid week.. I dont know if this trend is good or not for our wallets lol

You guys have to remember that these stores are losing an entire week of sales because thanksgiving is late. Thats why they are so desperate to make up for it.

Black Friday is 6 days closer to Christmas than it was last year. A lost week of shopping at this time of year makes a huge difference to the profit margin, so we're seeing stores jumping the gun and trying to start Black Friday earlier in the week.
What was their excuse last year? This is clearly just everyone trying to stay ahead of the competition. Next thing you know we'll be having "Black Friday" on the day after Halloween...

You guys have to remember that these stores are losing an entire week of sales because thanksgiving is late. Thats why they are so desperate to make up for it.

They are also desperate b/c it is not the mid 2000s anymore. Most people are still in a bad way financially and have very little disposable income for full blown xmas purchases.

Does anyone know yet what these "select BF items" are?  And can you please post here when they are available for those of us who are anti-facebook?  Thanks!

Publicly traded companies are expected to "grow" every year which means that they need to sell more products each year. They're worried this year and hope to steal sales from the others. This is why they are so worried and this year:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/11/17/gallup-says-holiday-spending-to-dive/3614707/
Yeah, totally nonsensical.

Does anyone know yet what these "select BF items" are? And can you please post here when they are available for those of us who are anti-facebook? Thanks!
Ditto for me.

So far I've been incredibly unimpressed by these "black friday" sales. They all look suspiciously just like normal sales they run all the time.

Actually maybe less...normally we'd get more buy 2 get 1 free type sales by now. Probably would have had a few. This year? Target. Amazon let you get 3 PS4 games and that was it. All while we're being told these are amazing "Black Friday" deals.

Got an ad from Dell. The Venue Pro 8 and 11 actually look awesome and look like good vales, but the "black friday" sales for 'em are...whatever...seem like normal price. (Normal price being probably a good deal, but...)

Ditto on all sentiments.

I would be in for Skylanders Swap Force at 50% off if I could go Wednesday... but that feels like a Thu/Fri doorbuster.  I want a list.

Ditto on all sentiments.

I would be in for Skylanders Swap Force at 50% off if I could go Wednesday... but that feels like a Thu/Fri doorbuster. I want a list.
Go to walmart now and buy swapforce for $37. If you have a fritolay $10 off coupon it will be even cheaper!

bread's done
Back