Xbox 360 $79.99

Eh I'm not traveling 10 miles through the rush hour traffic for one.  It's a great price and I'd grab it but just too far out of range.  For those wondering I cross referenced Sears (they're the same company) and they do NOT have the deal.

Eh I'm not traveling 10 miles through the rush hour traffic for one. It's a great price and I'd grab it but just too far out of range. For those wondering I cross referenced Sears (they're the same company) and they do NOT have the deal.
i would do it, if it is 100% certain it is actually available, and i can get it. this is the best price for the old slim.

The new slim looks like an Xbox One kinda.

Apparently they are identical when it comes to the electronic hardware.

Nope. The S model has optical out and uses the standard 360 analog video/audio cables. The E model has NO optical out and the only analog video/audio support is composite via a 3.5mm jack.

The E model is fine if you're only going to use HDMI for audio and video, but for anyone needing to use optical/analog audio/component, it's a POS.

I just can't justify buying another xbox.  What purpose would it serve?  You have to have gold to netflix.  I'd have to buy a bigger HD for the kids to have a dedicated console.  The sharing of games between consoles....too much hassle.  

I managed to find a store (kinda) near me that had one in stock. I ordered it for in-store pickup and just got the ready for pickup email about an hour ago. I'll go by tomorrow after work, but somehow I'm still fully expecting to get there and them not have it.

Where are people finding these? I wish there was a better way to check stock on the site instead of inputting random zip codes. I literally will be making a 400 mile journey by car across the country, and could easily make a detour to grab one.

If people find some near them, please post where you're at (after you have one, if you're worried about revealing beforehand).

I managed to find a store (kinda) near me that had one in stock. I ordered it for in-store pickup and just got the ready for pickup email about an hour ago. I'll go by tomorrow after work, but somehow I'm still fully expecting to get there and them not have it.
you should of gone right after you got the pickup email, now you have given an employee heads up,/ alerting them of the deal. i doubt you will get it. Even if it was available from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found one in store ... rang up $179 ... showed them the website, they refused to PM it.

It was ok ... because as they were asking a manager about the PM, I noticed the box had been ripped open on the top and a piece of tape was sloppily placed over it.

K-mart is like the last of the dinosaurs ... extinction is inevitable at this point

Nope. The S model has optical out and uses the standard 360 analog video/audio cables. The E model has NO optical out and the only analog video/audio support is composite via a 3.5mm jack.

The E model is fine if you're only going to use HDMI for audio and video, but for anyone needing to use optical/analog audio/component, it's a POS.
Yeah, I have a 360 VGA cable I still would like to use on occasion. Like when all my HDTVs are being used and I want to play.

Then again, I fired up a my 360 via VGA on an HD monitor, fairly recently, and it looked kind of blurry. I guess I got used to HDMI that I can now notice those kind of things.

Still would like an adapter that would convert 360 a/v cables so that they can be used on a E model.

Recently found a power supply adapter that lets you use the phat 360's power on a S model. I'm guessing the E model uses the same power supply?

So that when my 120 GB phat elite kicks the bucket, I can salvage most of the external parts. Keeping my 360 as a paper weight to display my 3 or 4 extra face plates.

Until an a/v adapter is made, I probably will keep searching for a reasonably priced S model to replace my 120GB elite.

Smoking deal for those that can find them.  I bought one of the walmart $98 4GB 360E's on black friday and a local shop had a 250gb Microsoft Xbox slim HD for $50.  The original plan was it would be the new family Xbox and the old noisy White one would go into the second room for my youngest.  Kind of shocked when I opened the box and there was no optical out...talk about step backward.  This older S model would have that optical out so it's a better box at a better price.

Kmart's store locator is TRASH, unless it's one of those that says Out Of Stock once it gets to a certain inventory level.  Check your local store/s, if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found one in store ... rang up $179 ... showed them the website, they refused to PM it.

It was ok ... because as they were asking a manager about the PM, I noticed the box had been ripped open on the top and a piece of tape was sloppily placed over it.

K-mart is like the last of the dinosaurs ... extinction is inevitable at this point
Same here tried to PM in store and was denied. The manager on duty said I would have to do an online order and choose store pick up. Yet online shows no stock and unavailable for in-store pickup even though we could both see the xbox 360 with the same model number listed online. Customer service over the phone was useless as well. I was told first that stores can price match the online prices and after i told him the acting manager wouldn't do it, the phone rep told me stores don't price match their online price. wtf?

stopped by a local kmart just to see my luck and visited their electronics department... it literally looked as if they were going out of business other than games that just came out the shelves were absolutely in chaos and 80% empty.

you should of gone right after you got the pickup email, now you have given an employee heads up,/ alerting them of the deal. i doubt you will get it. Even if it was available from the start.
That's exactly what i was worried about. I would have gone right away, but I got the email about 30 minutes before the store closed and wouldn't have been able to make it in time. I just hope I'm not going to end up wasting a trip. It's not exactly a short drive, but it will be worth it if it all works out since my old 360 is on it's death-bed.

Given that I have a ton of physical games and about 150 digital titles for the XB360, I'm seriously considering nabbing one of these in case I need the console down the line.

Assuming my local KMART has any.

That's exactly what i was worried about. I would have gone right away, but I got the email about 30 minutes before the store closed and wouldn't have been able to make it in time. I just hope I'm not going to end up wasting a trip. It's not exactly a short drive, but it will be worth it if it all works out since my old 360 is on it's death-bed.
Nothing to worry about. All the employee gets is a paper with UPC, KSN, and item description, they have no idea how much you paid for it.

This must have been a pricing mistake. The listing is gone and an email receipt they sent me shows the console being on sale for &179.xx.  The did honor the  $79 price though, by subtracting a huge discount. The only ones I could find were in Hawaii where my parents live.  I got a security call this morning requesting a lot  A LOT  of info for the purchase to go through, 3 consoles for pick up. The operator took my info and processed the order...she called back a minute later and asked me how I got the discount?!! I think she saw the price and may have wanted to get one because she didn't ask it in an official manner but instead in a weird way. I told her the web site showed that price.

bread's done
Back