Yardsale thread 2014

• Please log in to reply
1413 replies to this topic

#1411 dasme313

dasme313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

In other news, the lady at the post office wants to buy the guitar I picked up... for $900! I thought I'd be enjoying it a little longer. The amp, however, is MINE.

#1412 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

I bought a can of beer once at a yard sale. They didn't ask for my ID...

I would love this at a community sale.  You're doing it right!

+1 on brownies. Though I will only buy them if the peoples stuff is clean and it looks like they don't smoke or have pets. They taste 10x better when you are hungry and if they are warm from the sun, they are still good.

Always carry hand wipes in your vehicle though.

Prepackaged is the way to go if you have a choice though. You can always resell it at your garage sale. ;)

I'll buy brownies or cookies at sales but I refuse to drink something that they made.  It's usually warm with bugs in it. 

There is one guy that sells some damn good BBQ at an annual community sale.  I make sure to get there before he runs out.

At our last yard sale my aunt dug up a bunch of Shasta daisy's and what we call father's day flowers, they bloom around that time. Placed them in individual planters and sold them for $1 a piece. Think she made at least $50 off those and probably could've gotten more but that was all she brought.

I need to do this.  I planted some quart containers of Day Lillies and Hostas back in 2007 and now they've grown into a hedge row!

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1413 Sivarticus

Sivarticus

Kentucky Fried Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Picked up a BC Wii today with a black motion plus controller for $25. Going to check it out when I get home and make sure it works, etc. I already have one, but trade fodder maybe?

#1414 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:01 AM

Not a lot of options tomorrow. I might take a leisurely approach. I am meeting up with a woman I bought from earlier in the year to get at least 1 of the cords for a system that I didn't take pictures of/post yet :lol: .