Yardsale thread 2014

• Please log in to reply
1910 replies to this topic

#1891 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

Apparently I did well on this vintage video camera. Holy crap it's big. It's the first all in one VHS camcorder made. $15 for it. Goes for quite a bit on eBay.

C9CMGtE.jpg

Also It was the camera used in Back to the Future lol. 

#1892 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

2014-09-27_10-54-58.jpg

I paid $35 for everything except Endless Ocean. The DS's hinge is broken but it was free since i bought all the other stuff. I got Endless Ocean at a different sale for $13. I wanted to bargain on Endless Ocean but it was for charity.

I was happy to finally find Metroid Prime Trilogy and get everything else for practically free.

fs_overall.png

#1893 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:02 PM

Very weak day.

1st sale:

Last year from them I bought a sealed Care Bears car, bunch of care bears, sealed virtual pet, sealed toy from the 80's etc for like 5 bucks.

This year all they had good was Sonic 1, Streets of Rage, and Madden for the Genesis. 5 bucks each but I could have two for 6. Passed.

2nd sale:

NES with no games and maybe a controller - $85 (yes eighty five).

After the little spiel about how everything is negotiable and they just don't want to put it back in the basement they come out with that number.

They then tried to get me interested in a sealed car model. They went on about how it was from the 70's and they don't make them like this anymore, etc. The box says 1999 right on it. Freaking people.

$14

Dementium 2 for DS

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for Wii

Resident Evil Outbreak 1

Outbreak 2

Walking Dead Mini-mates sealed (Michonne and Gabe)

Box of sealed golf balls

This sale advertised lots of video games and there were some around, but not really much good. Just what I grabbed. Sadly the Resident Evil Outbreak 2 artwork is kind of messed up. They must've been putting stuff out before dawn and the condensation killed it :/

$12

Sega Nomad - works but cracked screen. I'm hoping it is just the protector and I can get a replacement.

Mario 64

3rd Party controller

Bully for Wii

$2

Lilo & Stitch 2 DVD

Rescue 3D bluray

$8

The Stand mini-series on DVD - use to be worth alot, will have to check now

Alice in Wonderland

Jungle Book

West Side Story Collector's Edition

Gone with the Wind Collector's Edition

Some random B-horror movie

Back to the Future Trilogy

and something else I can't remember

Free

Remote controlled Jaguar (bit beat up)

Logitech webcam

Laptop lock

#1894 JohnnySako

JohnnySako

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

A couple decent finds...

All $1 each from a seller that took care of his CDs as well as I do.

Colin McRae Rally (PS1)

2 Megadeth CDs - "Rust in Peace" & "So Far, So Good, So what?" (Remixed & Re-mastered Editions)

Also picked up a few books at a church sale for 25 cents each.

"Al Capone Does My Shirts" - Gennifer Choldenko

"Treasure Island" - Robert Louis Stevenson (Barnes & Noble Classics 2005 Edition)

"Pure Drivel" - Steve Martin

#1895 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

There seem to be more sales the last couple weeks than there were the rest of the summer. Here's what I got.

1.jpg
Paid $10 for the :gba: Blue GBA SP (AGS 001) + 3 :360: guitars.
Got home aaaand...none of the guitars work, nor does the GBA. :bomb: Unbelievable. I might at least be able to salvage the GBA with a new battery or something, but right now it doesn't work at all. When I plug in a charger, the led flashes orange for the briefest of moments and then, nothing.

2.jpg

Moving on. Got the :ps3: Guitar Hero controller (one of the first I've ever seen that included the USB dongle) for $5.

Paid $1 each for the action figures which are Necro (Street Fighter 3) and Jon Talbain (DarkStalkers series.)

And finally, $4 each for the City-State of the Invincible Overlord D&D set and Dragon Strike board game - missing the VHS, of course. I thought Invincible Overlord would be pretty valuable, but it looks like since it was ported to D&D 3.5E in 2004 and Pathfinder just this year via Kickstarter it isn't worth as much as I'd hoped. Still really cool though, the contents are complete and very mint.

3.jpg

And finally, paid $15 for this PS2 slim lot which was probably too much, but it was a church sale... Includes the system, cables, dualshock 2 (with broken R2), Gamestop third-party controller, a PS1 controller, and :ps2: The Sims, Simpsons Road Rage, and the last game is Spongebob something or other.

Moving on to this week's finds.

5.jpg

Paid $15 for three wireless :360: controllers + unused :pc: Assassin's Creed IV download code from an Nvidia graphics card.

4.jpg

At the same sale as the controllers, I picked up :xbox: Destroy All Humans and :gc: Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc for $1 each. I very nearly missed the bonus disc too - this is why I always double check DVD and game stacks!

Paid $.50 for the Master System Hang-On and Astro Warrior Combo Cartridge at another sale. Keep finding MS games but never a system.

Picked up :xbox: Metal Gear Solid 2 Subsistence, :xbox: Star Wars Starfighter, and :wii: Wii Sports Resort (disc only) for $5 total from a reseller who has regular sales. Last time they had mostly the same games but wanted $5 each so I decided to get MGS and a couple others this time.

And finally I got the PS1 Square Soft Collector's CD for $1. Would have rather paid like 50 cents but I didn't have change so whatever. It's neat.

6.jpg

And finally a big purchase that I'm still not really sure about. I paid $100 for this unlocked iPhone 4S 8GB. Wasn't really sure what it was worth so I called my sister who I thought was the family iPhone expert, and she said it should be worth about $300 - clearly that's not the case but at least I didn't get ripped off. I might keep it as an upgrade to my aging android phone instead of flipping it like I originally planned to. At least it has the box & charger and is in damn near mint condition.

76561197996844513.png

#1896 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

iPhones are down in value since the iPhone 6 is out (and everyone is selling their old one) , not sure if $100 for an 8gb is worth it but the fact that it's unlocked should help. The problem with 8gb apple devices is that most of the storage gets eaten up by the software, so you are only getting 2-3 GB for personal use like for apps, games, videos and pics.

#1897 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

Yup, that all sounds about right to me. The sold ebay listings are really inconsistent but I don't think I'd have much trouble getting like $180 or so for it.

And anyway like I said, I might just keep it since I'm really getting fed up with my sluggish old Android phone since I can probably sell that off for like 45 bucks. The storage space isn't much of an issue for me, I really only use my phone for calls, texting, web browsing, and maybe an occasional game when I'm stuck in a waiting room or something.

#1898 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

And finally a big purchase that I'm still not really sure about. I paid $100 for this unlocked iPhone 4S 8GB. Wasn't really sure what it was worth so I called my sister who I thought was the family iPhone expert, and she said it should be worth about $300 - clearly that's not the case but at least I didn't get ripped off. I might keep it as an upgrade to my aging android phone instead of flipping it like I originally planned to. At least it has the box & charger and is in damn near mint condition.

I'm not sure what you got, but there was no 8gb iPhone 4s. It started at 16gb.

#1899 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:15 PM

I think you are mistaken. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939

The model # is A1387 and even Apple's site says it came in 8GB. Oh, and

Img_0822.jpg

#1900 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

The 8gb came out once the 5 was out as a budget option. Just like the new 8gb 5c. I should know, I troubleshoot them for a living.
www.vg-force.com

#1901 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

Went to a sale that advertised games and found nothing...season is coming to an end here 

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1902 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

Went to the rich part of town, had to take a bus most of the way, and didn't find anything video game related. The houses over there were just bonkers compared to the regular houses I usually walk past, so it was worth a sight. Anyway, saw a flea market by a church with an animal adoption clinic. Bought for $1 each: Fight Club (with that fancy packaging), Das Boot (Dual sided disc very nice condition), and Gamera: Attack of Legion. Walked around the block for a multi family sale, saw some sealed 24 seasons ($5) but didn't want to buy them now. Another sale had a microscope and a very nice condition Sanyo tape deck. Went to another block sale, didn't see anything worth of note, except maybe Starcraft II.

Batsugunner.png

#1903 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

I think you are mistaken. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939

The model # is A1387 and even Apple's site says it came in 8GB. Oh, and

attachicon.gif Img_0822.jpg

Wow, I guess I missed the release. Sorry.

#1904 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

I hit up some stores that I used to find deals at in the past. All they had was about 100 copies of MW3 on 360 for 5.99 each.

That store is doing it wrong then b/c GS sells Modern Warfare 3 on 360 for $10 and can barely keep it in stock.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1905 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

That store is doing it wrong then b/c GS sells Modern Warfare 3 on 360 for $10 and can barely keep it in stock.

It was the old version. Without the maps or whatever. This one: http://www.amazon.co...eywords=mw3 360

That store is a gold mine when they have something good. They are a discount store similar to Big Lots. I forgot to buy my tea there. Usually I buy 15 boxes when I go there to last me the year.

Sorry I haven't been posting everyone. Eventually I'll get some stuff posted. I plan to catch up today with pics (then I can pput the stuff away and start posting some old stuff).

#1906 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

It was the old version. Without the maps or whatever. This one: http://www.amazon.co...eywords=mw3 360

That store is a gold mine when they have something good. They are a discount store similar to Big Lots. I forgot to buy my tea there. Usually I buy 15 boxes when I go there to last me the year.

Sorry I haven't been posting everyone. Eventually I'll get some stuff posted. I plan to catch up today with pics (then I can pput the stuff away and start posting some old stuff).

Yeah the normal version of MW 3 is $10 at GS. They have been hit hard by people fleeing Ghosts for the older CoD games.

CoD 360 used prices at GS:
CoD 2- $13
CoD 3- $10
CoD 4- $10
CoD WaW- $18
CoD MW 2- $18
CoD BLOPS- $30
CoD MW 3- $10
CoD BLOPS 2- $35
CoD Ghosts- $30

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1907 jbroush99

jbroush99

Old Tickle Feathers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

The Shopkos around here have piles of MW3 on clearance for $5.99.  I went to 3 different stores and every one had 10-15 copies. 

#1908 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

I went to a few sales today and only found this GB lot. Sadly, no Resident Evil game or GBA games. The pocket works great though so I may sell my GB fat and keep this one. The lady mentioned somebody passed on it earlier so I wonder if I missed out on other stuff.

$10

I have no clue what that 3d2 battery pack is so it might just get recycled.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2014-09-28_01-01-48.jpg

fs_overall.png

#1909 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

I hope those Pokemon games save...

#1910 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

Well red does, silver does not. Looks like I'll be performing surgery.

fs_overall.png

#1911 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:38 AM

That 3d2 battery pack goes to a set for the first game boy advance. That clipped into the battery comportment (yes, sticking way out and making it a little awkward to hold) then there was a light that clipped on the gba with an adjustable arm, and that plugged in one side of the battery and the wall charger plugged in the other side.