Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

[PC] The Indie Gala Thread - August Heat, Monday, Friday, and Axis Game Factory Bundles Live Now!

IndieGala PC Steam Bundle Desura Happy Hour

• Please log in to reply
2860 replies to this topic

#31 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Its insane and I think its crazy that so many people don't understand why initial buyers are upset.

Because it's the internet and no matter what your opinion is someone will argue with you over it.

That and some people seem to love an excuse to throw the word entitled around.

But really Greenlight is about getting attention and promotion for your game so you want to give it away cheap to get votes, reviews, buzz etc. Early Access for the most part should be about alpha funding so in that case you're already on Steam and don't need promotion but rather funding to finish or continue working on/refining the game etc.

I'm not really sure what they were thinking and I'd be curious to know who approached who. The whole charity argument isn't really cutting it either considering so little by default is going to a true charity.

steam_sig.png

#32 MinDRioT

MinDRioT

I haff nein lifes

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Apparently, the IM devs just asked IndieGala to remove the Spearhead edition from the bundle, but were denied:

I'm glad I got my stuff redeemed already before they cave and pull the whole bundle saying 'they ran out of keys'

#33 madjoki

madjoki

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

Uhm, yeah.. I'm glad they were denied. Stupid to agree to have the Spearhead edition in the bundle then ask IG to remove it. This was the dev's screwup, not IG's.

This!

I hope devs know about happy hours. That's like $2 for 3 copies so $0.7 a copy.

#34 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Copy/Pasting from the Official Fox HH Thread, because star:

I just beat Beast Boxing Turbo on Hard last night. I never beat any game on hard. What does that say? 

It's easy?

Well, yeah, sorta, but I was really trying to say that it's a lot of fun. If you liked the old Nintendo Punch Out games, you'll enjoy BBT.

76561197971332172.png

#35 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

So is there any danger that Interstellar Marines will be pulled since the dev screwed up?

They basically just lost a ton of profit because of this bundle... hope this doesn't make them go bankrupt.

foxhack.jpg

#36 PantsuRaid

PantsuRaid

nyanpantsu~

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Well, I just ordered a bundle, but still am waiting on keys...

#37 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

Apparently, the IM devs just asked IndieGala to remove the Spearhead edition from the bundle, but were denied:

Uhm, yeah.. I'm glad they were denied. Stupid to agree to have the Spearhead edition in the bundle then ask IG to remove it. This was the dev's screwup, not IG's.

It's almost as though it never occurred to them that people who bought in at full price might be a little cheesed off about having paid $35 more for that exclusive content. Also, I'm assuming the devs all signed some kind of contract prior to the bundle going live, as I believe this is how it works in most cases, so I don't think they have any kind of legal footing to stand on for that. What is IG going to do with a bunch of Spearhead keys they can't sell?

I imagine if the finished product turns out to be that year's Quake III or Doom II or Team Fortress 2, no one will really remember or care. If not, gamers tend to hold grudges (e.g., tebow's anger at EA).
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#38 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

How?   That was the perk of the spearhead version.   Full access to all future DLC's, perks and upgrades.

Doesn't matter... angry mobs are well known for subtle rational arguments.  You've gotta give them something.

Besides there's a difference between GOTY/Gold/Platiunum/Complete/Complete-and-we-mean-it/Complete-with-new-extras.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#39 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

(e.g., tebow's anger at EA, Jeremy Barnes, John Elway and the Broncos, the US government, gorilla diapers, people who steal his virtual weapons, mean people in sports forums, the WWE, punctuation, capitalization, grammar...).

ftfy

"You're not just a regular moron. You were designed to be a moron."

#40 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

ftfy

:applause:

698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#41 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Appropriate that Fox should own the IG thread, because HH.

That said, the controversy on this bundle might mean it doesn't get to HH... Meaning, should we all buy now at $4?

#42 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Bought! In for Beast Boxing, Pixeljunk Shooter, and Sang-Froid.

#43 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Appropriate that Fox should own the IG thread, because HH.

That said, the controversy on this bundle might mean it doesn't get to HH... Meaning, should we all buy now at $4?

I hopped on it for $4. When I pick up Fox bundles it's usually because there's only one (At best) game in the bundle I particularly want. I'm fairly interested in both Interstellar Marines and Sang Froid, and the $4 price sounds fine for those two. If I had to go for the $6 price I would've been tempted to wait.

All that said, still haven't gotten the keys yet. And they keep "Going into maintenance", so hopefully I get the fancy edition of Interstellar Marines.

#44 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

I hopped on it for $4. When I pick up Fox bundles it's usually because there's only one (At best) game in the bundle I particularly want. I'm fairly interested in both Interstellar Marines and Sang Froid, and the $4 price sounds fine for those two. If I had to go for the $6 price I would've been tempted to wait.

All that said, still haven't gotten the keys yet. And they keep "Going into maintenance", so hopefully I get the fancy edition of Interstellar Marines.

Tried to buy in for $4 but they've got the "under maintenance" screen up again.

There must be a sh*tstorm going on.

#45 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

Haven't got my keys yet.

#46 DonaldBlank

DonaldBlank

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

Also if you set "All to charity", 50% goes to charity & 50% Indie Gala

I don't count IndieGala as charity :(

They really take that much?

Edit: Oh, when you "click" all to charity. that's pretty dumb

#47 SeriousGeorge

SeriousGeorge

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

I decided to jump in at $3.99 just to be safe. Got my interstellar marines key redeemed just in case there's any funny business. 

#48 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

I decided to jump in at $3.99 just to be safe. Got my interstellar marines key redeemed just in case there's any funny business. 

Still no buy box.

I wouldn't really be unhappy if they swapped out Interstellar Marines for something else. I'm primarily after Sang-Froid, Beast Boxing and PJS anyway. But then I'd just wait for HH c/o Fox.

#49 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

Haven't got my keys yet.

Same. I bought just over an hour ago, and haven't received mine yet, nor does the bundle show as purchased on my account page.

Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#50 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

If I ever host a bundle, I'm going to fake a big argument with a dev and have "under maintenance" periods so people will buy in early.

#51 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Tried to buy in for $4 but they've got the "under maintenance" screen up again.

There must be a sh*tstorm going on.

Haven't got my keys yet.

Well, this doesn't sound too promising. I guess I'm glad I bought and revealed my keys earlier.

"You're not just a regular moron. You were designed to be a moron."

#52 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

If I ever host a bundle, I'm going to fake a big argument with a dev and have "under maintenance" periods so people will buy in early.

Ugh. Now I'm getting worried too and I usually try to not to Drabelincoln buy in these situations.

Even if it wasn't intentional it's a great marketing tactic.

steam_sig.png

#53 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

The buy box seems to be back and the Spearhead edition is still there.

#54 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Ugh. Now I'm getting worried too and I usually try to not to Drabelincoln buy in these situations.

Finally was able to buy.

If this was a marketing tactic, it worked on me. :wall:

Just as reported by utopianmachine, the key email is taking unusually long to arrive.

#55 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Hooray, the bundle now appears on my account, and yes, I still got a key for Interstellar Marines: Spearhead edition

Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#56 MinDRioT

MinDRioT

I haff nein lifes

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Finally was able to buy.

If this was a marketing tactic, it worked on me. :wall:

Just as reported by utopianmachine, the key email is taking unusually long to arrive.

heh sucker =P

#57 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

I might be tempted if I didn't have Sang Froid.. but $4 for 3 games (that I don't own) is too much.

#58 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

I might be tempted if I didn't have Sang Froid.. but $4 for 3 games (that I don't own) is too much.

Well, some of us have to jump at things like this. We don't have your "spodering" special ability. :rofl:

#59 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

I really don't know why are you interested in yet another fps, which is in alpha stage and will probably be multiplayer focused. The game is not looking cool and doesn't even have cards. I don't see a reason for all the hype. I would rather take a bundle for $2 without unfinished fps, that I will never play, than for $4 with it.

#60 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

I bought it mainly for sang froid. But NOW I want to play IM xD

76561198025176705.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IndieGala, PC, Steam, Bundle, Desura, Happy Hour