Toys R Us Jungle Book Blu/DVD/DC $10.99 with Pre Order

prim4444

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The Jungle Book Blu/DVD/DC will be on sale for $19.99

TRU will also be offering two pre orders starting tomorrow.

Frozen and Pirate Fairy. $10 off purchase with $1 pre order. Net savings of $9.00.
Edit: The pre order cards were packaged together with the following jungle book sign. If you don't see this sign, the cards may have not been put out yet.
[attachment=2942:20140211_070459.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, now I'm pissed I didn't wait and got it for $17.99 through Amazon.  Hopefully they PM Walmart or TRU by tomorrow so I can at least get another $3 back. :(

Sick deal otherwise.

prim coming through with the deal news! I planned on getting both Jungle Book and Frozen so this deal is a no brainer! And if any other store has Frozen cheaper on release I'll just get it price matched!

I saw $10.99 in the title and got excited but see $19.99 on the OP and on the website, then got sad.  

Oh, more of this fuzzy logic pre-ordering/discounts. Yay.
What's fuzzy about it?

$19.99 + $1 preorder deposit - $10 instant discount = $10.99

They used to run deals like this all the time. I got both TS1 and TS2 for like $5 after a bunch of TRU preorder promotions, combined purchase discounts and Disney coupons.

What's fuzzy about it?

$19.99 + $1 preorder deposit - $10 instant discount = $10.99

They used to run deals like this all the time. I got both TS1 and TS2 for like $5 after a bunch of TRU preorder promotions, combined purchase discounts and Disney coupons.
Numerous CAGs would make the pre-orders and then cancel them after picking up the item that they had the $10 discount on. It was a bit ridiculous at time, though yes, if you actually went through and picked up the items, it worked out as a nice cycle of discounted items to preorders.

Numerous CAGs would make the pre-orders and then cancel them after picking up the item that they had the $10 discount on. It was a bit ridiculous at time, though yes, if you actually went through and picked up the items, it worked out as a nice cycle of discounted items to preorders.
The preorders now are only $1, so it would be foolish to drive back to TRU just to cancel and get your $1 back.

Just think of it like you're paying $1 to buy a coupon for $10 off.

The preorders now are only $1, so it would be foolish to drive back to TRU just to cancel and get your $1 back.

Just think of it like you're paying $1 to buy a coupon for $10 off.
After being on this site for some time, nothing surprises me what people would do for a buck.

Oh, more of this fuzzy logic pre-ordering/discounts. Yay.
Did Amazon drop the price of yours before shipping? They charged me the $28.99 price even though it dropped to $22.99 on Saturday, a full day before they shipped mine. -_-

Waiting for the refund email or else I'll have to complain again this week that they're failing to follow their own guidelines.

After being on this site for some time, nothing surprises me what people would do for a buck.
I actually have read about people buying the disney blu-rays with the disney movie rewards coupons (i.e. $5/$8/$10 off) and then returning the movie to profit the value of the coupon.

I don't know if that is a YMMV by retailer or state thing but it was explained that because the retailer is supposed to get reimbursed by Disney for the face value of the coupon they have to refund the value of the coupon to the consumer.

Either way my time is too valuable

This happened to me at TRU, I didn't realize what happened until I got home but I always thought you just lost the value of the coupon. I can see why these coupons have gone missing if this really was the case.

Did Amazon drop the price of yours before shipping? They charged me the $28.99 price even though it dropped to $22.99 on Saturday, a full day before they shipped mine. -_-

Waiting for the refund email or else I'll have to complain again this week that they're failing to follow their own guidelines.
It's actually $19.96 right now to match Walmart, so you should get an email by Thursday that the price has been dropped by the pre-order price guarantee about the price being $19.96 at time of release. If you don't get something by Thursday, email them Friday and bring up the pre-order price guarantee.

Mine shipped at $22.99 on Saturday, so I paid $17.99 net price. You should get it for $14.96 AC when it all works out, as will I.

I actually have read about people buying the disney blu-rays with the disney movie rewards coupons (i.e. $5/$8/$10 off) and then returning the movie to profit the value of the coupon.

I don't know if that is a YMMV by retailer or state thing but it was explained that because the retailer is supposed to get reimbursed by Disney for the face value of the coupon they have to refund the value of the coupon to the consumer.

Either way my time is too valuable
It's on the coupon where it states that the vendor is paid coupon value + $0.08 (or some other amount) for accepting the coupon and processing it, so they lose nothing and make a tiny profit on the coupon. If you make the return of an item that was purchased with a coupon being used that's a manufacturer coupon, you do get the value of the coupon back on the return, normally as cash or sometimes the full item cost (with coupon value) back on the purchasing credit card.

I've had this happen to me multiple times when I've made returns of an item to a vendor where it was outside any PM window though someone had it cheaper, I received the credit back on my card and cash value of the coupon back. People could buy something with a coupon and then return it to get the coupon value back as "profit", though as you only can get two coupons without much hassle, it's not a money making opportunity that I can see.

The register did not automatically remove the $10 with the preorder. The cashier manually reduced the price to $9.99.

My brother in law just tried to do this online but it wouldn't let him because it said the blu ray had to be regular price and right now its listed as sale price.

Damn, now I'm pissed I didn't wait and got it for $17.99 through Amazon. Hopefully they PM Walmart or TRU by tomorrow so I can at least get another $3 back. :(

Sick deal otherwise.
How'd you get that $17.99 price on Amazon? It's $20 as the lowest price according to the trackers.

How'd you get that $17.99 price on Amazon? It's $20 as the lowest price according to the trackers.
$5 off coupon for pre-ordering when it was available for pre-order. It'll end up being $14.96 when it's all said and done by the end of the week. Was available only for the first week.

Coupon, he can have his $17.99, I paid $6.39. =)
That'll be my $14.96 and I'm fine with paying the extra money and not worry about taking the time to run to TRU, since free time is a scarce thing on my end.

Nor cal toys r us denied. They said because it was on sale. Although the pre order card says "save 10$ on any movie 19.99 or more" they didn't even try it. Not sure why some who work retail hate to see customers get deals.

Nor cal toys r us denied. They said because it was on sale. Although the pre order card says "save 10$ on any movie 19.99 or more" they didn't even try it. Not sure why some who work retail hate to see customers get deals.
They should have tried it, as the register will let it go through. Prim4444 works for TRU, so when he posts a deal like this, it's legit.

I'd go back and have them do it again and show you were "any" doesn't mean "on sale".

They should honor both the sale price and the $10 off. No where was there mention of any Blu Ray having to be regular price.  There was even extra signage that was to be printed to be placed within the Blu Ray section advertising the save $10 with reserving Frozen and these also did not mention any restrictions.  

The deal didn't ring up correctly at my store, but we are used to these new $1 pre order coupons not working correctly the first day.  I know the Monsters University and Planes pre order cards both had issues when used the first day of a new release and were fixed mid week for them to work correctly.  Just wish they would work correctly the first day.

Threaten to call the 800 number.  The stores get in trouble when the 800 number is called in situations like this when the store could have handled the problem.  They want the stores to handle their own issues in store. Especially when it's just a simple price adjustment. 

Got mine! They rang up the Frozen preorder slip first then my BluRay and nothing happened. They had to enter it manually and deduct the $10.. Total came out too $11.36? Good deal over all

Glad to see this deal back. Toy Story Blu-Ray deal with this was SO GOOD. Sadly I ordered through the Disney Movie Club last month, so my price was locked in at $15 or so for both Jungle Books. But I'll keep an eye out for another one of these.

Couldn't get the $10 off since they lost the coupons at my local TRU. All the signage, shippers and everything were up promoting this deal but I was told since they couldn't find the stuff for the Frozen preorder, I couldn't get the $10 off. WTF?

It's actually $19.96 right now to match Walmart, so you should get an email by Thursday that the price has been dropped by the pre-order price guarantee about the price being $19.96 at time of release. If you don't get something by Thursday, email them Friday and bring up the pre-order price guarantee.
I jumped the gun and asked them about the pre-order price guarantee, so they already refunded me the ~$8. If the automated refund comes through later, well no complaints here! :D

Couldn't get the $10 off since they lost the coupons at my local TRU. All the signage, shippers and everything were up promoting this deal but I was told since they couldn't find the stuff for the Frozen preorder, I couldn't get the $10 off. WTF?
Sounds like typical TRU to me! Reminds me why I just stopped shopping there altogether.

This is the exact reason I'm happy to pay $4 more and just keep my Amazon order. I thought this was why Toys R Us stopped doing these pre-order coupons last time. You'd really think they'd have figured it out by now. They might as well just say "Any movie....except brand new releases that we're having to price competitively. No really, we only want you to buy older stuff that is now overpriced again."

This is the exact reason I'm happy to pay $4 more and just keep my Amazon order. I thought this was why Toys R Us stopped doing these pre-order coupons last time. You'd really think they'd have figured it out by now. They might as well just say "Any movie....except brand new releases that we're having to price competitively. No really, we only want you to buy older stuff that is now overpriced again."
Same here on that explanation. My time is worth more than the waste of trying to deal with a YMMV situation that shouldn't be, when a TRU rep who posts here all the time says it should work 100% of the time, save the first day when it seems like it's not set up correctly.

Man would I hate having to deal with some of you guys if I worked a register. It's bad enough retail workers have to deal with a tribe of idiot managers who treat them bad then they have to deal with people off this site that want to fight them for a dollar or two off something. These cashiers are not out to get you and couldn't care less if you get a deal or not but the thing is they can get into deep shit if they give you something for less if they're not supposed to and/or it pisses off the manager. Even if the sale is legit and something is not prompting like it should you've all seen some of these moron supervisors that run those places...in their own ignorance they will take it out on the worker while you walk away with something that you saved merely a few dollars on. I'm just saying remember these people report to bosses who already make their life hard the way it is so having to deal with some annoying person throwing a fit, coping an attitude, or flinging some dumb paper they printed off the internet in their face like a kid just makes you look rude as fuck.

Man would I hate having to deal with some of you guys if I worked a register. It's bad enough retail workers have to deal with a tribe of idiot managers who treat them bad then they have to deal with people off this site that want to fight them for a dollar or two off something. These cashiers are not out to get you and couldn't care less if you get a deal or not but the thing is they can get into deep shit if they give you something for less if they're not supposed to and/or it pisses off the manager. Even if the sale is legit and something is not prompting like it should you've all seen some of these moron supervisors that run those places...in their own ignorance they will take it out on the worker while you walk away with something that you saved merely a few dollars on. I'm just saying remember these people report to bosses who already make their life hard the way it is so having to deal with some annoying person throwing a fit, coping an attitude, or flinging some dumb paper they printed off the internet in their face like a kid just makes you look rude as fuck.
Pretty sure you can walk in read THEIR sign posted in THEIR store and get the deal. You aren't bringing in any outside paperwork to save a "dollar or two" or ten in this case. There is no loophole to expose. There is wording in their advertisement for their preorder that if they changed the wording slightly would eliminate the deal. We should feel guilty for expecting TRU to honor their own in store advertising??? Nope

I agree that it's THEIR advertising. But if it's not ringing up right in the system (which it isn't), it becomes somebody's judgment call. The cashier obviously doesn't have the authority to make that call. And while they're not "out to get you", they are out to not get fired. Best case scenario, this is getting deferred to a manager...who has to make the same judgment call and worry about his own neck.

Regardless of whether or not Jungle Book SHOULD be part of the sale...if it requires an override, you're going to have a YMMV situation. If that upsets you, call TRU corporate and ask why they advertise ANY $19.99 movie, but it doesn't work with Jungle Book. These things go way above the cashier...and even the store manager's pay grade.

You've obviously never worked in retail management. This exact situation occurs several times a month. If you want to talk overrides it takes a management override for price matches on just about anything at Best Buy. Does that make it not appropriate to ask for a price match to buy an item at Best Buy??? No it doesn't. TRU corporate, until they specify a difference in what items work and what items don't, are the ones held accountable. The burden falls on them to change wording and signage throughout the store to say not including sale items. Situation has happened to me 100 times being Lifestyles Manager at a Hastings. Honor the price until the signage is changed OR take the signage down advertising the $10 off a $19.99 movie. Obviously OP works at TRU and is saying stores are supposed to honor it. In my case it took all of 45 seconds and it was done. Hard to fault anyone for honoring the advertised deal.

You've obviously never worked in retail management. This exact situation occurs several times a month. If you want to talk overrides it takes a management override for price matches on just about anything at Best Buy. Does that make it not appropriate to ask for a price match to buy an item at Best Buy??? No it doesn't. TRU corporate, until they specify a difference in what items work and what items don't, are the ones held accountable. The burden falls on them to change wording and signage throughout the store to say not including sale items. Situation has happened to me 100 times being Lifestyles Manager at a Hastings. Honor the price until the signage is changed OR take the signage down advertising the $10 off a $19.99 movie. Obviously OP works at TRU and is saying stores are supposed to honor it. In my case it took all of 45 seconds and it was done. Hard to fault anyone for honoring the advertised deal.
You've obviously never passed 5th grade English. Did I not say right there in my post that this is TRU corporate's fault? That doesn't mean it's right to get pissy with a cashier (or even a store manager) for not being willing to override a price for a promotion that is SUPPOSED to apply automatically. The only point I was making was adding on to the "they're not out to ruin your day" statement. Their only concern is getting in trouble...and I'm sorry, but I don't really blame them.

The English reference would mean I used poor grammar. You said "it's above the manager's pay grade". If it was above the manager's pay grade then he wouldn't have the capability of overriding it in the system. Therefore not above his pay grade.

Hey Prim,

I don't really care but the TRU cashier and manager I spoke with said the $19.99 price is supposed to be AFTER the preorder discount. They didn't care that the blu-ray rings up $29.99 and then shows "sale $19.99" without the preorder card.... they said that was the computer factoring in the promotion before it was actually applied by scanning in a preorder card.

Regardless at $9.99 it's a deal; at $19.99 and a hassle it's not.

Hey Prim,

I don't really care but the TRU cashier and manager I spoke with said the $19.99 price is supposed to be AFTER the preorder discount. They didn't care that the blu-ray rings up $29.99 and then shows "sale $19.99" without the preorder card.... they said that was the computer factoring in the promotion before it was actually applied by scanning in a preorder card.

You should have called them out on it and grabbed a movie that isn't on sale and tell them "where's the promotion being factored in with this movie?"

@n8rockerasu, First and foremost number one should be customer service. in which a lot of places lack now a days. This isn't the first time this promotion has come about or lack of problems with their registers.

Hey Prim,

I'm glad I don't work with people like this. They come up with an excuse when they can't comprehend how the sale is supposed to work, just so they don't have to deal with it. They are supposed to take care of the customer, and this is just the opposite.

Man, you must hate this site, then, it's full of people out to save a buck and willing to fight for their right to do so...

I was shot down a little while ago. Took the reservation card and jungle book blu to the cashier and he didn't even attempt to ring it up, he immediately said that it wouldn't work because of the sale price and I would have to grab another disney movie priced $19.99 in order for it to work. I told him that another TRU employee told me that it would and he just abruptly told me "it doesn't". I am not the argumentative type so I just walked away. I'll try a different TRU tomorrow and if I encounter resistance there I'll politely make more of a case.
Hey prim do you guys have memos or emails alerts you guys have about this current promo that we can cite?

bread's done
Back