Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II (Marvel Super Heroes / "2.0" drops on 9/23)

Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Deals Figures

• Please log in to reply
1332 replies to this topic

#1321 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 08:09 PM

Make up your mind BB.  Can I pick it up tomorrow or the 23rd?

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (27) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :ps4: inFamous: First Light

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#1322 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 08:10 PM

I think Best Buy is trolling. I just now received a change back to the 23rd.

Order said 23rd. Email changed to 19th :) . Email changed to 23rd :( . Email back to the 19th :) . Email back to the 23rd :( . Trolled.

If backlog games were bricks I'd have my own housing project.

385016.png

#1323 The1llusiveMan

The1llusiveMan

The Once and Future Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 08:22 PM

Thinking about getting the premium bundle on Amazon, since that seems like the best deal (correct me if I'm wrong, PLEASE!)

Will I get it the 23rd or will they ship it the 23rd?

I think that's the best bet anywhere. Trust me, I've compared. It's the one I have preordered.

As I mentioned earlier, Best Buy's promos match it pretty much if you add another figure to Amazon's bundle to match what you get at best buy. But nothing beats getting it delivered to your door day of release.

ebvp.jpg

#1324 TheFreak123

TheFreak123

Posted Today, 08:41 PM

i preordered one and still don't have a ship date...I have Prime, and if I don't get this release day I'm going to be pissed.

Yeah I have Prime and no ship date yet either but they've never delivered something late for me before, so it'd be quite strange if they did this time. Hopefully we both get a ship date soon and it's the 23rd. 

#1325 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 08:41 PM

it looks like i got a date change back for my starter pack, but they already shipped my free figure so i should get that by monday.Which is not really a big deal since its only a day earlier from release.

And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#1326 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 08:48 PM

I managed to pre-order a few weeks back the two following orders (both for in-store pickup) - 

Order 1:

- PS3 Collector's Edition

- Free GotG Playset (glitch in place of single figure)

- Free Power-Disc Pack

Order 2:

- Wii U Starter Pack

- Free PS4 Toybox Starter Pack (glitch in place of a single figure)

I've had the GotG Playset, Wii U Starter Pack, and Power-Disc pack notify me throughout the day that I can pick up 9/19 or 9/23 intermittently. Everything else is release-date of 9/23 or higher. I'm not too worried about it because I'll just pickup on 9/23 to avoid any issues.

One thing I found interesting though is that the PS4 Toybox Starter Pack has a release date listed of 12/31/2014. It's making me wonder if they are just going to force cancel it or make me wait 3 months....

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#1327 Pheran

Pheran

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 08:52 PM

One thing I found interesting though is that the PS4 Toybox Starter Pack has a release date listed of 12/31/2014. It's making me wonder if they are just going to force cancel it or make me wait 3 months....

That's just a placeholder, I expect it will change to the correct November date eventually.

#1328 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 08:56 PM

That's just a placeholder, I expect it will change to the correct November date eventually.

So question then.. if I pick up the Wii U Starter pack on 9/23... will the Best Buy system be smart enough to hold my free Toy Box Starter Pack for PS4 until the Nov. release date?

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#1329 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 08:59 PM

Actually, it's not.  There was no connection between buying the starter pack and the "free" toy box pack.  Many people apparently just "bought" the free toy box pack without any starter pack.  Bait and switch would be advertising that if you buy a starter pack, you get a toy box pack free.  That was never the case.    

Wrong. 

The page clearly showed the Toy Box on the list of free items that came along with the game.  Sorry, by definition, that would be bait and switch--the promise of a greater item replaced by something inferior (a single character) or, even worse, nothing at all.

I get what you're trying to say, but this would be a case where they would be charging you for a much more expensive item and then, after payment was taken, switching the order that was placed.  That's illegal.

#1330 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 09:21 PM

Wrong. 

The page clearly showed the Toy Box on the list of free items that came along with the game.  Sorry, by definition, that would be bait and switch--the promise of a greater item replaced by something inferior (a single character) or, even worse, nothing at all.

I get what you're trying to say, but this would be a case where they would be charging you for a much more expensive item and then, after payment was taken, switching the order that was placed.  That's illegal.

Bait and switch requires an element of conduct which is dishonest or meant to deceive.  If it was a website error, it would be hard to show that they were intentionally putting that on the page to entice people to put in the preorder.

#1331 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 09:30 PM

Im not sure if bait and switch laws apply to online orders anyways.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#1332 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 09:31 PM

Im not sure if bait and switch laws apply to online orders anyways.

And then there's that...

#1333 thepcgameguy

thepcgameguy

Posted Today, 09:54 PM

http://consumerist.c...ait-and-switch/

if they cancel its not bait and switch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney Infinity, Disney, Infinity, Disney Infinity Deals, Figures