* * * * - 3 votes

Toys R US - Confirmed Yoshi 3DS XL

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#1 gecko157

gecko157

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

Here you go, releases 3/14

As far as I know TRS is still offering a free $19.99 game when you buy any 2DS or 3DS system.

jjxNaqA.jpg

****UPDATE****

PO is now available

http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=search

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

13 days and no official announcement though? 

The Target and BB ads have been leaked for that sales week and they didn't mention it though.... is it a TRU exclusive?

Edit: And I'd bet that isn't a bundle but a themed console.

#3 gecko157

gecko157

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

The Target and BB ads have been leaked for that sales week and they didn't mention it though.... is it a TRU exclusive?

No it's not.  They most likely didn't announce it since it MSRP and Nintendo.  Got to remember TRU target audience for ads vs best buy and targets.

#4 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

Ugh, if it werent pre-installed I might consider it. But I think 4 XL''s for one man is too many

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

It's not exclusive to TRU and I don't think it comes with the game.

#6 gecko157

gecko157

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

Ugh, if it werent pre-installed I might consider it. But I think 4 XL''s for one man is too many

I just have the two of each Zelda bundles sealed and a purple/black that a play on regularly.  Zelda anything seems to hold it's value better than everything else N puts out.

#7 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

It's not exclusive to TRU and I don't think it comes with the game.

I believe you... just wake me up when someone reputable outside of TRU puts it up for preorder. I'd like to actually get one.

Hopefully my local ma & pa media store gets it. They got Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing and seem to get looked over by most of the hardcore scalpers.

#8 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:34 AM

This 3DS looks really slick. No point in owning 3 of the same handheld though. I have the Pikachu 3DS that I originally used to play for a bit but decided to just display it and just got a regular black one to use on a daily basis.

Don't know what the point would be in having a Yoshi one to display as well. 

#9 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

Kmart has this advertised too

For what it's worth, IGN verified this bundle for North America nearly a month ago

http://i.imgur.com/QVBQs4t.jpg

#10 gecko157

gecko157

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

Kmart has this advertised too

For what it's worth, IGN verified this bundle for North America nearly a month ago

but but google is so hard

#11 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

but but google is so hard

Yeah because I mean you wouldn't possibly get redirected to websites claiming we're going to get a Luigi console or any of the various European pokemon consoles....

still waiting on that Luigi console everyone said we were getting

#12 gecko157

gecko157

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

Yeah because I mean you wouldn't possibly get redirected to websites claiming we're going to get a Luigi console or any of the various European pokemon consoles....

still waiting on that Luigi console everyone said we were getting

Agreed

#13 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

I just have the two of each Zelda bundles sealed and a purple/black that a play on regularly.  Zelda anything seems to hold it's value better than everything else N puts out.

I have the Pikachu, Zelda, X/Y Red, and Mario and Luigi ones. I currently use the Pikachu but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna switch to the Zelda soon (Unless they announce a new one I want soon). I regret passing on the Animal Crossing one since it seems to be closest to Pikachu in rarity

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

As tempted as I am to spend some of my tax return money to get it, no pre-installed Yoshi's Island game kind of kills it for me.

Posted Image

#15 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

Just speculation so take it with a grain of salt...

but if we don't see online preorders open up soon I'm going to assume it will have a small print run. I know most nintendo handhelds have small(er) print runs but there have been some exceptions and most of those were announced in advance, bundled with a game, and available for preorder-----which doesn't apply to this Yoshi system.

#16 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

Hrm... now to debate whether this is worth adding to the collection or not :-k

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#17 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Well the kmart ad says it'll have at least 1 per store. Just ONE...

#18 Mario Speedwagon

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

LOL I looked right at the Infinity deal last night at work and didn't even notice the Yoshi system.

#19 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

I fucking love it!  I'm glad I have my modern silver and black M&L one, but damn if the inside is black I might wet myself.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#20 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

I really like that 3DSXL. If I didn't already have a regular 3DS, it would have been a must buy for me

#21 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

Ill wait for super smash bros 3dsxl. You all know tgats definitely gonna happen or theres really something wrong with nintendo if they dont

#22 Eoji

Eoji

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

Omg yes! My partner loves green and was waiting for a green 3DSXL. FINALLY!

#23 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

Edit: And I'd bet that isn't a bundle but a themed console.

that's normal, the last few bundles  haven't gotten an announcement until a few days before if at all.

#24 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

I really like that 3DSXL. If I didn't already have a regular 3DS, it would have been a must buy for me

Same here, except I already have a 3DS XL.  Being broke most of the time, I can't justify myself getting a second 3DS XL.  If this was a Yoshi themed 3DS or 2DS, I might be swayed into considering a purchase of a second Nintendo handheld for this generation.

#25 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Just speculation so take it with a grain of salt...

but if we don't see online preorders open up soon I'm going to assume it will have a small print run. I know most nintendo handhelds have small(er) print runs but there have been some exceptions and most of those were announced in advance, bundled with a game, and available for preorder-----which doesn't apply to this Yoshi system.

most of the consoles were not available for preorder and most of them are not rare.

#26 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

that's normal, the last few bundles  haven't gotten an announcement until a few days before if at all.

Well I preordered Fire Emblem Animal Crossing and Zelda well in advance.

I know the Pokemon (Pikachu) wasn't available for preorder but both Red and Blue where. The only other one that just popped up was the M&L Dream Team.

Always a crapshoot though.

most of the consoles were not available for preorder and most of them are not rare.

Explain because I have everyone and preordered most.

Which ones other then Zelda (XL) and M&L can you find new consistently for less then MSRP? At this moment....

#27 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

I would've pegged you of all cags to jump on this.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#28 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

I would've pegged you of all cags to jump on this.

I dunno, with all the 3DS XL deals in the past, it just feels kind of wrong to pay $200 for one, even if it's a Yoshi LE.

Posted Image

#29 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

I dunno, with all the 3DS XL deals in the past, it just feels kind of wrong to pay $200 for one, even if it's a Yoshi LE.

Same here, not too long ago Target had them for $135 right (I think it included the M and L edition too)?

#30 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

Yeah, then Walmart sold em again for like 150$ barely a few weeks later, and I think just in the past week or two they had them for around that price again.

Posted ImagePosted Image