Toys R US - Confirmed Yoshi 3DS XL

gecko157

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Here you go, releases 3/14

As far as I know TRS is still offering a free $19.99 game when you buy any 2DS or 3DS system.

jjxNaqA.jpg

****UPDATE****

PO is now available

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31716976&cp=&parentPage=search

Last edited by a moderator:
13 days and no official announcement though? 

The Target and BB ads have been leaked for that sales week and they didn't mention it though.... is it a TRU exclusive?

Edit: And I'd bet that isn't a bundle but a themed console.

The Target and BB ads have been leaked for that sales week and they didn't mention it though.... is it a TRU exclusive?
No it's not. They most likely didn't announce it since it MSRP and Nintendo. Got to remember TRU target audience for ads vs best buy and targets.

It's not exclusive to TRU and I don't think it comes with the game.

Ugh, if it werent pre-installed I might consider it. But I think 4 XL''s for one man is too many
I just have the two of each Zelda bundles sealed and a purple/black that a play on regularly. Zelda anything seems to hold it's value better than everything else N puts out.

It's not exclusive to TRU and I don't think it comes with the game.
I believe you... just wake me up when someone reputable outside of TRU puts it up for preorder. I'd like to actually get one.

Hopefully my local ma & pa media store gets it. They got Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing and seem to get looked over by most of the hardcore scalpers.

This 3DS looks really slick. No point in owning 3 of the same handheld though. I have the Pikachu 3DS that I originally used to play for a bit but decided to just display it and just got a regular black one to use on a daily basis.

Don't know what the point would be in having a Yoshi one to display as well. 

but but google is so hard
Yeah because I mean you wouldn't possibly get redirected to websites claiming we're going to get a Luigi console or any of the various European pokemon consoles....

still waiting on that Luigi console everyone said we were getting

I just have the two of each Zelda bundles sealed and a purple/black that a play on regularly. Zelda anything seems to hold it's value better than everything else N puts out.
I have the Pikachu, Zelda, X/Y Red, and Mario and Luigi ones. I currently use the Pikachu but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna switch to the Zelda soon (Unless they announce a new one I want soon). I regret passing on the Animal Crossing one since it seems to be closest to Pikachu in rarity

As tempted as I am to spend some of my tax return money to get it, no pre-installed Yoshi's Island game kind of kills it for me.

Just speculation so take it with a grain of salt...

but if we don't see online preorders open up soon I'm going to assume it will have a small print run. I know most nintendo handhelds have small(er) print runs but there have been some exceptions and most of those were announced in advance, bundled with a game, and available for preorder-----which doesn't apply to this Yoshi system.

I fucking love it!  I'm glad I have my modern silver and black M&L one, but damn if the inside is black I might wet myself.

Ill wait for super smash bros 3dsxl. You all know tgats definitely gonna happen or theres really something wrong with nintendo if they dont

Edit: And I'd bet that isn't a bundle but a themed console.
that's normal, the last few bundles haven't gotten an announcement until a few days before if at all.

I really like that 3DSXL. If I didn't already have a regular 3DS, it would have been a must buy for me
Same here, except I already have a 3DS XL. Being broke most of the time, I can't justify myself getting a second 3DS XL. If this was a Yoshi themed 3DS or 2DS, I might be swayed into considering a purchase of a second Nintendo handheld for this generation.

Just speculation so take it with a grain of salt...

but if we don't see online preorders open up soon I'm going to assume it will have a small print run. I know most nintendo handhelds have small(er) print runs but there have been some exceptions and most of those were announced in advance, bundled with a game, and available for preorder-----which doesn't apply to this Yoshi system.
most of the consoles were not available for preorder and most of them are not rare.

that's normal, the last few bundles haven't gotten an announcement until a few days before if at all.
Well I preordered Fire Emblem Animal Crossing and Zelda well in advance.

I know the Pokemon (Pikachu) wasn't available for preorder but both Red and Blue where. The only other one that just popped up was the M&L Dream Team.

Always a crapshoot though.

most of the consoles were not available for preorder and most of them are not rare.
Explain because I have everyone and preordered most.

Which ones other then Zelda (XL) and M&L can you find new consistently for less then MSRP? At this moment....

Yeah, then Walmart sold em again for like 150$ barely a few weeks later, and I think just in the past week or two they had them for around that price again.

I think NoA manufactures very limited amounts of LE systems with white plastic on the inside face, as they don't use the white on any of the standard colors, unlike other regions.

Damn, another special edition 3DS? Seems like Nintendo is going a bit overboard here but I guess they're selling. 

Ugh, if it werent pre-installed I might consider it. But I think 4 XL''s for one man is too many
How many are pink? ;)

Same here, not too long ago Target had them for $135 right (I think it included the M and L edition too)?
Technically, they were on sale for $150, and, yes, it to included M&L and even Zelda editions if you could find them. For a couple of days that same week, you could get 10% off your total purchase of non-clearance items as an apology for their data breach. That's how some people got them for $135.

another special edition 3DS? Seems like Nintendo is going a bit overboard here but I guess they're selling.
The way I see it is they sell so many of these that they need to manufacture more anyway, so they might as well make each batch different. Now, if they released 5 different colors/styles at the same time and had them all available on the shelf, THAT would definitely be overboard <cough N64 cough>

Great not limited, the design is the same as Europe's which is bland and boring and a preinstalled game which we all knew would happen. Ill pass

I really wanna slap whoever designs these LE systems. Other than the Zelda one, the rest have looked like absolute garbage.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you get the actual game.

'During its UK Nintendo Direct presentation yesterday, Nintendo revealed a Yoshi 3DS XL system – just the hardware, no Yoshi game included – heading to Europe on March 14, Tiny Cartridge points out.'

From the looks of the ad it doesn't look like you get the game with this North American bundle either. If that is the case its pretty lame.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you get the actual game.

'During its UK Nintendo Direct presentation yesterday, Nintendo revealed a Yoshi 3DS XL system – just the hardware, no Yoshi game included – heading to Europe on March 14, Tiny Cartridge points out.'

From the looks of the ad it doesn't look like you get the game with this North American bundle either. If that is the case its pretty lame.
The game is preinstalled http://www.gameskinny.com/qpg9p/yoshis-new-island-3ds-xl-bundle-sneak-preview

This I why I love this 3DS XL announcements because half of the information that gets posted is garbage.

If the game was included you would see box art in the ad that states that much and most XL systems that include a game, M&L withstanding (game was not a new release) were $219.99

But hey, I hear we're getting a Luigi XL!
Not sure why you keep raising this same stupid comment. We did get a Luigi XL. It just wasn't the same as the one that Europe or Japan got.

This probably the sweetest looking DS I've seen.  Anyone know how the market is for the black regular 3DS?  If I could get something decent for mine I might be motivated to upgrade to the XL.  

Thanks for the confirmation.  Now my nephew just has to decide if he wants this XL or wait for a different one.

bread's done
Back